"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kinokima
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Kinokima » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:50 pm

There is apparently another Dragon Ball panel later but this was the main one so not getting my hopes up anything else will be announced.

It really was a whole lot of nothing!

prince212
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by prince212 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:56 pm

Yourtubers bluff looks like .. well some more time will mean a better anime ... please no movies instead
It was as if a whole lot of people ...were screaming in pain....

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:02 am

What a worthless panel. Just like everything else nowadays. Oh how i miss 2013 when Battle of Gods was in the works.. way more information! They didn’t even show any movie CLIPS this time before the movie came out.

It truly is dissapointment after dissapointment.
Last edited by GodVegetto91 on Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:17 am, edited 3 times in total.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:05 am

Good. Sounds like he's tired of it as well.

For gosh's sake, let the man rest from DB. He was supposed to have moved on from this franchise over 20 years ago.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by vashter » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:10 am

They are still going it not even finish. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRkILdEkIWg

Sonicjamareiz
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Sonicjamareiz » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:36 am

vashter wrote:They are still going it not even finish. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRkILdEkIWg
Jeez whats up with those dislikes you guys weren't even promised anything :lol:
Purple Cum Monster Vegeta arc :sick:

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by vashter » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:41 am

somethign doesn't even add up right, I don't understand why hold back everything but put entire JF into manga shit?

louisascommie
Beyond Newbie

Post by louisascommie » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:48 am

"Few in number woman who understand the hearts of boys "

What the fuck toriyama

IM21
Banned

Post by IM21 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:57 am

louisascommie wrote:"Few in number woman who understand the hearts of boys "

What the fuck toriyama
time for the american SJW's to start with their bitching.

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:04 am

It's not wrong to say the general demographic and audience of Dragon Ball is primarily adolescent boys, but I do sort of take issue with implying that only they can inherently possess the state of mind that allows them to enjoy the series for what it is. Besides the fact that it's not inherent at all to males or children to enjoy high-flying action and likable characters, there are plenty of reasons to watch or like the series besides what it's marketed and designed around.

Though honestly, with this wording it may just be Toriyama being self-deprecatory of himself and the series. He's certainly no stranger to making fun of Dragon Ball OR saying sexist things.

Also lol@ "le american sjws". You are completely out of touch. If you're so amazingly fragile that you need to identify a somewhat sexist statement immediately with insulting the people simply pointing it out, before it even happens, you need to get a life.
Last edited by Shaddy on Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:13 am, edited 3 times in total.

louisascommie
Beyond Newbie

Post by louisascommie » Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:06 am

IM21 wrote:

What the fuck toriyama
Besidea the fact i see no problem with people that you refer to as "sjw"

That statement was purely from an old out of touch japanese dude that does not understand young woman at all.

prince212
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by prince212 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:12 am

louisascommie wrote:
IM21 wrote:

What the fuck toriyama

That statement was purely from an old out of touch japanese dude that does not understand young woman at all.
Probably he does not understand old woman neither ( just like me ), age doesn’t matter
Half a joke half true , I love them :D
Anyways , doing an announcement of the anime series coming back now is not a clever move with the movie just airing .. they can do it in a month with the same expected April begging...
It was as if a whole lot of people ...were screaming in pain....

IM21
Banned

Post by IM21 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:59 am

louisascommie wrote:

that's great. Some people do see problems with them, so hey, we just can't all agree on everything.

I took that comment from Toriyama as a little joke and I find it funny if someone will get triggered by it.

Yuli Ban
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Yuli Ban » Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:15 am

Or maybe— just a wild-ass thought here— Super is not coming back in 2019.

That there's a Dragon Ball series that has a chance of returning to air is a privilege that was not afforded to fans even five years ago. And now we're back to the "New Dragon Ball Series 20XX?!" phase that we were in before Super was (quite suddenly) announced, except this time everyone is absolutely sure we're getting a continuation.
It's entirely possible that the only thing we'll get are new movies every 2 years and more of the manga.

It's still possible we'll get a continuation of Super or a new series, but this whole spiel that "it's coming back in April; Kitaro will only have 51 episode; secret insiders confirmed this" doesn't dredge up a lot of optimism. Actually, for AnimeAjay and Geekdom101, I actually have one thing to say: be careful with these things. Toei is a strange company who seems averse to the concept of making money at times, and they're willing to stomp on fan projects and hosting high-level tournaments for games if it means it threatens their ability to immediately profit.
They might see things like spoilers as threats to their bottom line, even though it just builds hype. As a result of spoiling the Broly movie, I wouldn't be surprised if Toei's idea of recourse was to find the leakers and then threaten their livelihoods if they didn't seed them with false information about "Super's triumphant return" just to sow distrust and teach YouTubers a lesson.

If it were another company, this would just be a silly conspiracy theory. But Toei's crazy enough to try something like that.
The Yabanverse
My own take on Saiyajins in a fanverse.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:21 am

So wait. Nothing new at all was announced? Just more DB heroes got announced yesterday?

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by vashter » Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:25 am

sangofe wrote:So wait. Nothing new at all was announced? Just more DB heroes got announced yesterday?

Lol nah it was a fuck a tons manga, movies promotiona, and a little DBSH, that about it... but there was a message from Toryiama himself said "let meet again on my next work" and other wall of text.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:46 am

Sounds like the Jump Festa panel was a huge waste of time. Nothing interesting concerning Super was announced.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:19 am

louisascommie wrote:
IM21 wrote:

What the fuck toriyama

Man, if that comment shows that he is out of touch with young women, then so must I be. Very rarely will you meet a girl that likes these type of shows for the same reason a boy normally does.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:32 am

fadeddreams5 wrote:
louisascommie wrote:
IM21 wrote:

Man, if that comment shows that he is out of touch with young women, then so must I be. Very rarely will you meet a girl that likes these type of shows for the same reason a boy normally does.
Debatable, but wow do I not want to go into that debate.

But yeah, as far as the comment is concerned, it's fairly harmless. Someone already said in a different thread that Dragon Ball actually has one of the smaller female fandoms compared the other modern shonen titles (percentage wise), so this is what they may have been referring to.

Anyway, I'm also disappointed we got no announcement for a new series, but as it's been already stated, we weren't actually promised anything. What makes this difficult though is that right now we have nothing to look forward to. When Super ended we had the movie. The manga is all this fandom has right now and it's not available for everyone, not to mention that it's not everyone's cup of tea.

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by vashter » Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:48 am

Geekdom101 mention there is another event coming up in January 10th 2019 that might be where they'll announce it and maybe come in april or august or october who fucking knows. But I do like fact he may know somethign and just going with it so nobody can notice it but that just me :P I do believe he knows something but I get he can't say shit.