"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7738
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:28 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by HeroR » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:06 pm

Shaddy wrote:I'm not disputing any of that. My only point really is that following Toyo's manga would be a terrible idea and that whatever chance there is of the current manga arc showing up in the anime, it's likely not "we adapt Toyo's manga every week like we did with Toriyama because that made Z so fun to watch".
Gotcha. Pretty much agree.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

User avatar
majinwarman
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1697
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:50 pm
Location: Freeza Planet 1

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by majinwarman » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:44 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
majinwarman wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:What a random way of revealing that Super is continuing.

Fingers crossed Shintani and Nagamine stick around.
I can see Shintani staying but Nagamine on Twitter said that he may not come back to Dragon Ball.
Whaaa? Well that sucks he directed the hell out of Broly! That would be very disappointing.
It’s not official but he did say on Twitter that he wants to move on from having the last two years being hugely Dragon Ball production stuff.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

User avatar
DBZ_Lee
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1164
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:44 am
Location: Midlands, UK

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by DBZ_Lee » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:59 pm

majinwarman wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
majinwarman wrote: I can see Shintani staying but Nagamine on Twitter said that he may not come back to Dragon Ball.
Whaaa? Well that sucks he directed the hell out of Broly! That would be very disappointing.
It’s not official but he did say on Twitter that he wants to move on from having the last two years being hugely Dragon Ball production stuff.
I saw that, I do hope he comes back at some point. I hear Mr. Nakamura is likely to return, as the last work he was credited with was a One Piece episode which aired back in October.
Rumours are he then left to lead pre-production on the new Series of Super.

User avatar
omaro34
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1779
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:27 pm
Location: Western Canada

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by omaro34 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:11 pm

majinwarman wrote:
omaro34 wrote:I love Dragonball. Always have, always will. However for the first time a year ago after Super ended, in over 25 years of following the franchise, I wasn't really excited for the upcoming film. I started to gear away and stopped logging in daily to this site. Days turned to months unfortunately.

Dragonball just doesn't have the same excitement it once had in my opinion. Dragonball used to be a getaway from real life problems that I faced over the years, but not anymore and that makes me sad. Maybe I'm finally outgrowing the story, I don't know definitively.

The predictible plot maybe? Bad guy comes and the heroes beat him, or a tournament. Sure this franchise always had those plotlines but there was something exciting about the Z fighters facing a life or death fight from a threat from out of space for the first time, or finding out about an intergalactic tyrant who sells planets to the highest bidder being introduced, or a threat from the future. Maybe I'm being nostalgic but I know there is some element of truth to this. Goku went from a kid who only knew of Earth, did not know his origins and humans being able to challenge him in combat, to this God level fighter who is known throughout the multiverse. Where does he go from here?

I'm looking forward to new announcements and hopefully the new Anime returns, but honestly I won't be as hyped for it as I once was. I'll always follow it though.
Did you watch the new movie because I think it was a great film even though you may have not been hyped since Super ended?
I have seen it in theaters yes. I enjoyed the film. The animation was too notch.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

User avatar
majinwarman
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1697
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:50 pm
Location: Freeza Planet 1

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by majinwarman » Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:48 pm

DBZ_Lee wrote:
majinwarman wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Whaaa? Well that sucks he directed the hell out of Broly! That would be very disappointing.
It’s not official but he did say on Twitter that he wants to move on from having the last two years being hugely Dragon Ball production stuff.
I saw that, I do hope he comes back at some point. I hear Mr. Nakamura is likely to return, as the last work he was credited with was a One Piece episode which aired back in October.
Rumours are he then left to lead pre-production on the new Series of Super.
We have known this since December but I still hope that Nagamine comes back to direct an episode or so in the future.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

User avatar
majinwarman
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1697
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:50 pm
Location: Freeza Planet 1

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by majinwarman » Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:49 pm

omaro34 wrote:
majinwarman wrote:
omaro34 wrote:I love Dragonball. Always have, always will. However for the first time a year ago after Super ended, in over 25 years of following the franchise, I wasn't really excited for the upcoming film. I started to gear away and stopped logging in daily to this site. Days turned to months unfortunately.

Dragonball just doesn't have the same excitement it once had in my opinion. Dragonball used to be a getaway from real life problems that I faced over the years, but not anymore and that makes me sad. Maybe I'm finally outgrowing the story, I don't know definitively.

The predictible plot maybe? Bad guy comes and the heroes beat him, or a tournament. Sure this franchise always had those plotlines but there was something exciting about the Z fighters facing a life or death fight from a threat from out of space for the first time, or finding out about an intergalactic tyrant who sells planets to the highest bidder being introduced, or a threat from the future. Maybe I'm being nostalgic but I know there is some element of truth to this. Goku went from a kid who only knew of Earth, did not know his origins and humans being able to challenge him in combat, to this God level fighter who is known throughout the multiverse. Where does he go from here?

I'm looking forward to new announcements and hopefully the new Anime returns, but honestly I won't be as hyped for it as I once was. I'll always follow it though.
Did you watch the new movie because I think it was a great film even though you may have not been hyped since Super ended?
I have seen it in theaters yes. I enjoyed the film. The animation was too notch.
I’m glad you like it!
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

User avatar
omaro34
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1779
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:27 pm
Location: Western Canada

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by omaro34 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:35 am

majinwarman wrote:
omaro34 wrote:
majinwarman wrote: Did you watch the new movie because I think it was a great film even though you may have not been hyped since Super ended?
I have seen it in theaters yes. I enjoyed the film. The animation was too notch.
I’m glad you like it!
Thanks.

I'm actually looking forward to Dragonball project Z. Apparently it's an RPG game and it's open world.

Here's the teaser: https://youtu.be/m5oKFsvdyCU
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

User avatar
majinwarman
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1697
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:50 pm
Location: Freeza Planet 1

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by majinwarman » Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:39 pm

omaro34 wrote:
majinwarman wrote:
omaro34 wrote: I have seen it in theaters yes. I enjoyed the film. The animation was too notch.
I’m glad you like it!
Thanks.

I'm actually looking forward to Dragonball project Z. Apparently it's an RPG game and it's open world.

Here's the teaser: https://youtu.be/m5oKFsvdyCU
I personally don’t care for it but glad you’re hyped for it.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

User avatar
Noah
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 7432
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:56 pm
Location: Virtual World

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Noah » Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:40 pm

So, do we have a date for Super return? Or is this still speculation?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

User avatar
Scsigs
I Live Here
Posts: 2276
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:55 am
Location: NY, USA
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Scsigs » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:49 pm

Noah wrote:So, do we have a date for Super return? Or is this still speculation?
It's basically sitting in limbo right now. An Italian dub VA confirmed it's coming & Toei's shown off the concepts to investors, so we're just waiting on an official announcement now.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
TFS getting shafted from the Kai TFC dub is a great travesty.
GT sucks, get over it if you disagree.
We'll see what happens to Vic.
Um...Listen to Waterparks.
That is all.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs


User avatar
Bebi Hatchiyack
Regular
Posts: 685
Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:53 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:06 pm

I wanted to speak about one of the three problem I have with Dragon Ball the way the show feel disjointed so the continuity problem.

In fact about the continuity problems between the Dragon Ball Super arcs, a good way to improve DBS would have been to reintroduce the Tarble OVA after Battle of Gods for Abo and Cado linking that directly with the Freezer Arc Return where we would have saw Tagoma, Shisami and Sorbet ploting the revival of Frieza also Abo & Cado would have been the distraction for their troops to gather the Dragon Balls.

Then for the connection between F's return arch and Champa's arc the good twist would have been to leave the Earth destroyed and have Namekians Dragon Ball be used to undo Kibito and Shin fusion. By doing so the Super Dragon Balls would have been necessary to have a motivation for our Z-warrior.

Speaking of the next Arc why not make sure that Champa and Beerus have as a tournament manager a third universe here we would have the Universe 10 to monitor the tournament with Gowasu and Zamasu as well as the GoD and his angel. That way with Zamasu around this tournament would have trigger the next arc with Mirai Trunks.

Then The ToP and DBS Broly flow naturally after those five narrative arc as well as Moro I think.

And voila.

How you all would have feel if the overall narrative was like that ?

My first and second problem are Goku in some way and the SFX use in this new era Dragon Ball.
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

User avatar
AnimeNation101
I Live Here
Posts: 2191
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:01 pm
Location: Planet ShoJump

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by AnimeNation101 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:13 pm

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:06 pm
I wanted to speak about one of the three problem I have with Dragon Ball the way the show feel disjointed so the continuity problem.

In fact about the continuity problems between the Dragon Ball Super arcs, a good way to improve DBS would have been to reintroduce the Tarble OVA after Battle of Gods for Abo and Cado linking that directly with the Freezer Arc Return where we would have saw Tagoma, Shisami and Sorbet ploting the revival of Frieza also Abo & Cado would have been the distraction for their troops to gather the Dragon Balls.

Then for the connection between F's return arch and Champa's arc the good twist would have been to leave the Earth destroyed and have Namekians Dragon Ball be used to undo Kibito and Shin fusion. By doing so the Super Dragon Balls would have been necessary to have a motivation for our Z-warrior.

Speaking of the next Arc why not make sure that Champa and Beerus have as a tournament manager a third universe here we would have the Universe 10 to monitor the tournament with Gowasu and Zamasu as well as the GoD and his angel. That way with Zamasu around this tournament would have trigger the next arc with Mirai Trunks.

Then The ToP and DBS Broly flow naturally after those five narrative arc as well as Moro I think.

And voila.

How you all would have feel if the overall narrative was like that ?

My first and second problem are Goku in some way and the SFX use in this new era Dragon Ball.
I agree. The dbs arcs feel too disconnected. Its like one arc happens. Then after some filler, you get an episode that happens a random ammount of time after that just jumps into something completely new I loved how the Saiyan Saga flowed into the Namek saga and the Namek saga into the Cell Saga. The Buu Saga being disconnected makes sense since the end of the Cell saga changed the status quo by killing off Goku for good AND the Buu Saga started with a major timeskip so it would make sense to be disconnected.

In DBS, the only arcs that connected were the U6 v U7 arc and the T.o.P arc. Otherwise, there was no real connect or overlap between arcs. I hope that changes.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

User avatar
Bebi Hatchiyack
Regular
Posts: 685
Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:53 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:13 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:13 pm
In DBS, the only arcs that connected were the U6 v U7 arc and the T.o.P arc. Otherwise, there was no real connect or overlap between arcs. I hope that changes.
For DBS de only arcs that get connected to each others are Beerus arc, U6 vs U7 arc and the T.o.P. arc. But overall do you like my proposal ?

Beerus leading to Abo & Cado leading to Freezer leading to U6 vs U7 leading to Gattai Zamasu leading to Tournament of Power leading to DBS Broly leading to Moro.
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

User avatar
AnimeNation101
I Live Here
Posts: 2191
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:01 pm
Location: Planet ShoJump

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by AnimeNation101 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:50 am

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:13 am
AnimeNation101 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:13 pm
In DBS, the only arcs that connected were the U6 v U7 arc and the T.o.P arc. Otherwise, there was no real connect or overlap between arcs. I hope that changes.
For DBS de only arcs that get connected to each others are Beerus arc, U6 vs U7 arc and the T.o.P. arc. But overall do you like my proposal ?

Beerus leading to Abo & Cado leading to Freezer leading to U6 vs U7 leading to Gattai Zamasu leading to Tournament of Power leading to DBS Broly leading to Moro.
Long story, short, I approve. Too bad Toriyama doesn’t plan ahead like that.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

User avatar
Bebi Hatchiyack
Regular
Posts: 685
Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:53 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:56 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:50 am
Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:13 am
AnimeNation101 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:13 pm
In DBS, the only arcs that connected were the U6 v U7 arc and the T.o.P arc. Otherwise, there was no real connect or overlap between arcs. I hope that changes.
For DBS de only arcs that get connected to each others are Beerus arc, U6 vs U7 arc and the T.o.P. arc. But overall do you like my proposal ?

Beerus leading to Abo & Cado leading to Freezer leading to U6 vs U7 leading to Gattai Zamasu leading to Tournament of Power leading to DBS Broly leading to Moro.
Long story, short, I approve. Too bad Toriyama doesn’t plan ahead like that.
It's because Akira Toriyama is more a guy who improvise than plan unlike Eiichiro Oda.
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

User avatar
Yuli Ban
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 304
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:07 am
Location: New Orleans, LA
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Yuli Ban » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:25 pm

Scsigs wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:49 pm
Noah wrote:So, do we have a date for Super return? Or is this still speculation?
It's basically sitting in limbo right now. An Italian dub VA confirmed it's coming & Toei's shown off the concepts to investors, so we're just waiting on an official announcement now.
First one happened months ago. It sounds like they genuinely didn't plan on the series continuing after the ToP and decided that they were actually going to take their damn time working on it for a while before rushing it to release.

Toei showing off concepts to investors also suggests they didn't intend on an immediate continuation; they were probably still brainstorming ideas for quite some time.
If this is the case, I wouldn't be surprised if a new season of Dragon Ball Super is announced to coincide with the original announcement (April 28th, 2015, I believe it was?), with the exception that it's going to start airing in autumn rather than summer.
May or may not be writing a Dragon Ball-inspired serial.

User avatar
Noah
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 7432
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:56 pm
Location: Virtual World

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Noah » Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:54 pm

It's been quite a time since the last I visited this thread and wow I expected to read thousand of pages regarding Super "return".

As a time after I heard from some friends that the anime might return in July, is that really true or we still waiting for an actual confirmation?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

User avatar
Chuquita
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 15035
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2004 2:16 am
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Chuquita » Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:05 pm

Noah wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:54 pm
It's been quite a time since the last I visited this thread and wow I expected to read thousand of pages regarding Super "return".

As a time after I heard from some friends that the anime might return in July, is that really true or we still waiting for an actual confirmation?
The second half of April was talked about earlier in the thread as when an official announcement might happen.

Personally I think the lack of new/recent posts in this thread is because of all the leaks leaked none of them are about the story. Once even general info about the next story arc is revealed or leaked then I expect this thread to really get going again.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

User avatar
Yuli Ban
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 304
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:07 am
Location: New Orleans, LA
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" On-Going Discussion Thread

Post by Yuli Ban » Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:14 am

Doctor. wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:57 am
Rocketman wrote:Can't wait to see how they fuck it up. More recolors? Return of Bardock? A vast expanse of bad ideas awaits.
Maybe Broly becomes canon, wouldn't that just be great?
Gee, I wonder if anyone has quoted this yet.

Ah, I love reading through the first few dozen pages of this thread. Such wide-eyed optimism! Such hope! Such awe! It truly was the biggest piece of news in the fandom's history. Like all those AF and Hoshi rumors were finally validated.
I really don't like going past those first few dozen pages because then comes the disappointment, especially at episode 5 and ohh, it's so sad sometimes. Super had so much potential, and it lived up to a little bit of it, but there was so much more they could've done.

I still hold firm to the hypothesis that Toei was expecting to do a "Reunion" series a la Kitaro's decadely releases, hence why there were only 131 episodes and the series ended so abruptly— but when the show grew to be so absurdly popular, they realized around the time the ToP arc was in full swing "Oh crap, we have to actually start putting effort into this." But they didn't plan on this and had no way of getting the time slot back either and thus had to make the last 35 episodes look the best they could. Just look at that absolutely fantastic episode where Son Goku had to go collect Freeza. The second half of it, starting with him recreating his sparring match with Grandpa Gohan and ending with him and Freeza sparring, was probably the first time Super ever truly felt like what it always should've been and is still one of my favorite segments in the entire franchise. Everything about it was perfect, especially the "hand slipping" joke. But that was 94 episodes in.

Should Super ever return (and the jury's still out on that one), they'll probably come at it with more of a budget from the start this time around, but we'll never recapture that feeling of April 28th to July 5th, 2015. Not even if 20 more years pass, all because of the precedent Super set.

When the manga ended and GT flopped, we were under the impression that was it. No more Dragon Ball from Toriyama (or his chosen successor) ever. Period. End of discussion. If you ever saw any new series labeled "Dragon Ball", it was probably Dragon Ball AF/NG/Multiverse/Absalon/whathaveyou on YouTube. All of which have fallen by the wayside ever since Super because the whole point of those series was for fans to continue the series in their own ways. In a time where Dragon Ball was truly over, only the fans could keep it going. This is why we wanted original stories in the games so much: they were only new original stories in the series that would ever carry an air of "legitimacy" in any way due to carrying the Toei logo.
Battle of Gods was a big shock, but there was Yo! Son Goku before it too as well as the new Bardock special. So a one-off special/movie was already something we were used to and none of it meant there was a new series.

But then on April 28th, 2015, we were told the original Dragon Ball storyline was actually continuing. And that was it. From that point on, the idea that Dragon Ball could continue was fully expected. Fans are now not needed to keep the franchise alive.

I'd say it's similar to what we saw in Star Wars, what with how the main series ended after the two trilogies were finished, but Star Wars had long since had an expanded canon that included a very wide array of movies, books, games, comics, etc. The main series movies were just the most high-profile. Dragon Ball didn't have that. The games only ever bothered to cover the exact same ground as the series itself, retelling the same arcs over and over again with only "what if" sidequests in console games and a tiny handful of lesser-known handheld titles ever getting original storylines. There was Dragon Ball SD that was sort of like a cutesy retelling of the series (has that ever finished?), but besides that, we only ever got cameos in Toriyama's other comics. And Dragon Ball Minus, which most hated for legitimate reasons. And beyond that, no comics considered official to the series. We didn't get anything like that until the Yamcha reincarnation spin-off, and only fans provided anything similar. No novelizations. There were a very tiny few bits of "official" Dragon Ball prose— I recall one with Future Trunks as the narrator— but never anything substantial. Only the movies/specials did anything new. But until Super returned, even Battle of Gods and Resurrection F were basically the DB equivalent of the Star Wars: Clone Wars movie. Remember that? Back in 2008? Me neither. Though I do remember the TV series (both Clone Wars series, but primarily the CG one), which was pretty cool.

Now that we know the series can continue, and can even continue without Toriyama (which is probably his dream), we'll never feel the same way about a new series announcement again. That visceral sense of shock and wonder and befuddlement, that sense of a dream come true. If Super returns, even if it's in 2024 or 2025, it'll feel more like, "Finally! Some new material to get in debates over!" rather than "HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY HOLY HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"


And if only it were executed better, it could've been the Dragon Ball AF we all dreamed of.
From a comment on /r/DBZ:
There's a new Dragon Ball series in Japan! Here are some of the things that happen in it:
  • Goku and Vegeta get a new transformation with red hair where they're actually gods, then they get another new transformation with blue hair.
  • Frieza comes back and gets a new transformation, but it's not like Cooler's; he just turns gold and gets god-tier powers.
  • Trunks comes back from the future where an evil Goku is destroying it. Goku and Vegeta fuse into Vegito to try to beat him, and Trunks basically injects a Spirit Bomb into his sword to cut the bad guy down.
  • Goku and the other Z fighters get involved in a tournament with a bunch of other universes. Frieza comes back again, and fights on their side. Android 17 joins them too.
  • Goku gets a third transformation where his hair turns all silver and he can just fight on pure instinct.
  • On top of all that, there's another Dragon Ball movie in Japan with Broly! And Frieza, King Vegeta, King Cold, and Bardock are all in it too!
May or may not be writing a Dragon Ball-inspired serial.

Post Reply