"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Dbzfan94 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:47 am

RecolorSaiyan wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:58 pm They want to focus on the next movie and then bring back the anime with the manga as a base, toyotaro years ago said he would eventually get ahead of the anime and that while at the time he was getting more ideas from them, it would eventually flip. Whether you like that or not is up to you but thats what seems to be the case
Yeah, that happened with the U6 arc. and a bit of the ToP.

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:28 pm

RecolorSaiyan wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:58 pm They want to focus on the next movie and then bring back the anime with the manga as a base, toyotaro years ago said he would eventually get ahead of the anime and that while at the time he was getting more ideas from them, it would eventually flip. Whether you like that or not is up to you but thats what seems to be the case
Wouldn't that take years and years to do? The manga only gets 12 chapters a year and we still have a long way to go with the current one.

On a related note: Is there any chance Toyo could go weekly or bi weekly? This awful wait time just kills any sort of excitement I have.
Last edited by IntangibleFancy on Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

MeMeDZEHH
Not-So-Newbie

Post by MeMeDZEHH » Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:49 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:28 pm
Wouldn't that take years and years to do? The manga only gets 12 chapters a year and we still have a long way to go with the current one.
Yep i don't get how people believe this is possible. Just look at Boruto, 140 episodes and they'll just start to adapt the manga in the next few weeks.

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:07 pm

MeMeDZEHH wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:49 pm
IntangibleFancy wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:28 pm
Yep i don't get how people believe this is possible. Just look at Boruto, 140 episodes and they'll just start to adapt the manga in the next few weeks.

I don't think TOEI are going to present us the next movie first and thereafter an animated version of the events between Broly and that next movie, which are already known by then. Not even in an adapted format. There is no more real news value for TOEI to strive for in that case. If they had planned to bring back the anime, i think we'd known it by now. They should have fixed the production issues a long time ago if that were the real reason of the hiatus. It's only a matter of acceptance really.

DBZ_Lee
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ_Lee » Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:41 pm

I'm just interested to know what is happening with Kitaro's replacement, as Toei have produced for that slot for the past 20 years.
Assuming Kitaro isn't being extended again, as they have yet to announce another set.

I don't think Super is coming back, not any time soon anyhow.
No staff is kind of a stumbling block... anyhow I've no idea as to what Horikawa was talking about, mentioning having to wait for an official announcement after singing a song at an event?. I just can't get hyped for a movie, it's not the same as a weekly show.

caire
Not-So-Newbie

Post by caire » Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:11 pm

DBZ_Lee wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:41 pm I'm just interested to know what is happening with Kitaro's replacement, as Toei have produced for that slot for the past 20 years.
Assuming Kitaro isn't being extended again, as they have yet to announce another set.

No staff is kind of a stumbling block... anyhow I've no idea as to what Horikawa was talking about, mentioning having to wait for an official announcement after singing a song at an event?. I just can't get hyped for a movie, it's not the same as a weekly show.
Regarding what Horikawa said at that singing event, where did we get that info from? Wasn't it kind of hearsay (eg "someone on Twitter said [...]" and has it ever been corroborated by anyone else present at the event? Same with the thing about Akio Iyoku briefly mentioning the new movie at Jump Festa (I believe that was from SaikyoDevin's account). Please correct me if I'm wrong though!

I just feel as if there's been so much "someone who was there said [...]" which is then never clarified by anyone else. I'm fairly new to the community so I'm not sure who's reliable/ who's not that reliable, so it may just be a case of me being too cynical haha.

I totally agree though, a new movie is great but a weekly anime just has so much of a different feel. But if they don't have the staff/ it isn't in production, that's how it is. I'm happy to wait.

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:48 pm

caire wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:11 pm
DBZ_Lee wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:41 pm I'm just interested to know what is happening with Kitaro's replacement, as Toei have produced for that slot for the past 20 years.

Regarding what Horikawa said at that singing event, where did we get that info from? Wasn't it kind of hearsay (eg "someone on Twitter said [...]" and has it ever been corroborated by anyone else present at the event?
Some twitter/youtuber named Freeza-sama said something about that. She actually does live in Japan and took a selfie with Ryo. The contents of what happened belong to a currently deleted twitter account.
caire wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:11 pm ]Same with the thing about Akio Iyoku briefly mentioning the new movie at Jump Festa (I believe that was from SaikyoDevin's account). Please correct me if I'm wrong though!
I didn't see anything about that.

caire
Not-So-Newbie

Post by caire » Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:51 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:48 pm
caire wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:11 pm

Regarding what Horikawa said at that singing event, where did we get that info from? Wasn't it kind of hearsay (eg "someone on Twitter said [...]" and has it ever been corroborated by anyone else present at the event?
Some twitter/youtuber named Freeza-sama said something about that. She actually does live in Japan and took a selfie with Ryo. The contents of what happened belong to a currently deleted twitter account.
Ah, yes I've heard of her! Thank you for the information.

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:07 pm

No, thank you for reminding me about that. If she isn't lying then that means we'll at least get something later this year. It's either the song or the song and a movie trailer to go along with it.

caire
Not-So-Newbie

Post by caire » Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:15 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:07 pm No, thank you for reminding me about that. If she isn't lying then that means we'll at least get something later this year. It's either the song or the song and a movie trailer to go along with it.
If I recall correctly it was a song about Vegeta, right? I'm so curious to hear that 😂😂

Saikyo no Senshi
Advanced Regular

Post by Saikyo no Senshi » Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:18 am

https://twitter.com/WithTheWill/status/ ... 9999805440 New Digimon TV series got leaked lol. I hope its outsourced cause else Toei will be in a complete mess. More info should come out soon, so we will find out if its replacing Kitaro or not.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:19 am

Saikyo no Senshi wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:18 am https://twitter.com/WithTheWill/status/ ... 9999805440 New Digimon TV series got leaked lol. I hope its outsourced cause else Toei will be in a complete mess. More info should come out soon, so we will find out if its replacing Kitaro or not.
I mean, they just need a good team of animators & a good production schedule. Super was decidedly mixed on the animation because they rushed it to screen & had mostly newbies animating it, as well as inconsistent writing quality.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:22 am

Scsigs wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:19 am
Saikyo no Senshi wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:18 am https://twitter.com/WithTheWill/status/ ... 9999805440 New Digimon TV series got leaked lol. I hope its outsourced cause else Toei will be in a complete mess. More info should come out soon, so we will find out if its replacing Kitaro or not.
I mean, they just need a good team of animators & a good production schedule. Super was decidedly mixed on the animation because they rushed it to screen & had mostly newbies animating it, as well as inconsistent writing quality.
Few newbies animated on Dragon Ball Super. Hayashida was lying out of his ass.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

DBZ_Lee
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ_Lee » Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:37 am

Iirc, the last two Digimon shows aired on TV Asahi and TV Tokyo respectively, so I guess it's possible this doesn't necessarily go straight to Fuji TV, but I think it's likely, as the timeline for a trailer (US movie screens 25th March) coincides nicely with the new Season starting the following weekend in Japan.

Super is pretty much the only show not to return this year. Let's hope for 2021. There is still a chance this could be the English App Mon dub, as if not, Toei Japan will be livid.

Nanatsu88

Post by Nanatsu88 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:52 am

DBZ_Lee wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:37 am
Iirc, the last two Digimon shows aired on TV Asahi and TV Tokyo respectively, so I guess it's possible this doesn't necessarily go straight to Fuji TV, but I think it's likely, as the timeline for a trailer (US movie screens 25th March) coincides nicely with the new Season starting the following weekend in Japan.

Super is pretty much the only show not to return this year. Let's hope for 2021. There is still a chance this could be the English App Mon dub, as if not, Toei Japan will be livid.
It is strange that this series is going to air on FujiTV having previously aired on Asashi TV and TV Tokyo. However, it is the series that most possibilities have to be broadcast on FujiTV in April.
What is clear with this new production is that now the return of the series is impossible. One Piece, World Trigger, Digimon, Dragon Quest, (series Precure?)
If there was some staff available to do Super, with the Digimon series all doubts have been cleared.

The most curious of all is that Toei would make more money with the distribution of a new Dragon Ball TV series than with all other series together.

And this is not a year thing. With these new series we can say goodbye to Super's return to TV in at least 2 years. Therefore the premiere of another movie is closer than that of a new series. Although adapting the saga of Moro in a movie would not make sense because it has too much content. Although, as Toyotaro confirms, Moro's saga goes after Broly.

None of this makes sense. It seems that Toei wants to not take advantage of the good moment of the franchise and let it fall in popularity and earn less money.

It has no logic all this.

MeMeDZEHH
Not-So-Newbie

Post by MeMeDZEHH » Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:16 am

So uhh ... Digimon for only 24 episodes ?? seems weird

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:02 am

24 episodes?

MeMeDZEHH
Not-So-Newbie

Post by MeMeDZEHH » Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:04 am

SSJgogeto wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:02 am 24 episodes?
If Both Digimon and Dragon Quest are on Fuji TV, it means Digimon taking the slot from april to september, so 24 episodes more or less.

TheRed259
Advanced Regular

Post by TheRed259 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:18 am

Has this interview been translated yet?
https://www.itmedia.co.jp/business/arti ... ws020.html (it has 7 parts)

It says some interesting things about the birth of DBS. At least this is what I am getting from Google translate. :P

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:47 pm

I found the twitter post talking about Ryo's Vegeta song but it's still deleted.

https://twitter.com/ActualiteDB/status/ ... 2103227393