"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Shorty GZ2
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Shorty GZ2 » Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:49 pm

Manifesting a well produced Jaco adaptation if it's not adapting the rest of Super, or even the Yamcha isekai manga. Though the eps all being full length and weekly gives me pause to think on what the web series could actually be.

VejituhTheWarriorGuy
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by VejituhTheWarriorGuy » Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:55 pm

MeMeDZEHH wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:00 am Saiko Devin, who I suspect to have the same source of info as Ajay (I think it's the french animator Sanda who is currently working on Dai) has clearly hinted that Ryota Nakamura will be the director of the web series.
He's not
"You think you can defeat me? Using the power of those MOSQUITOS?! I am the legendary WARRIOR!" - Broly (Big Green Dub)

Trouser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Trouser » Thu Sep 08, 2022 6:49 am

If it's true then I'm hoping for Jaco series or Yamcha's "Reborn as" series. The OG Dragon Ball with modern animation and true to the manga without changes would be also amazing.
"If it means having to live under your control, I'd rather be dead!" - Trunks
English is not my first language, if I've made a mistake, please, feel free to correct me. It will help, thanks.

MeMeDZEHH
Not-So-Newbie

Post by MeMeDZEHH » Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:34 pm

VejituhTheWarriorGuy wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:55 pm
MeMeDZEHH wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:00 am Saiko Devin, who I suspect to have the same source of info as Ajay (I think it's the french animator Sanda who is currently working on Dai) has clearly hinted that Ryota Nakamura will be the director of the web series.
He's not
We will see :D But i trust him on this one 8)

FPSSJ4_Goku
Regular

Post by FPSSJ4_Goku » Thu Sep 15, 2022 12:43 pm

TheRed259 wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:14 am According to this, there is no Dragon Ball Super for Jump Festa 2023.
My reaction to that information:

https://tenor.com/view/crying-emoji-dies-gif-21956120
So, you decided to read my signature, eh?

If you'd like, check out my YouTube channel, and maybe subscribe?

MeMeDZEHH
Not-So-Newbie

Post by MeMeDZEHH » Sat Sep 17, 2022 12:28 pm

That's means nothing. 80% of the stage at Jump Festa are useless and ends with 0 announcement. On the other news, the writer of Digimon Ghost Game said last week on his blog that the anime will enter soon in it's climax

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:50 am

MeMeDZEHH wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 12:28 pm That's means nothing. 80% of the stage at Jump Festa are useless and ends with 0 announcement. On the other news, the writer of Digimon Ghost Game said last week on his blog that the anime will enter soon in it's climax
Except that big releases, such as the Broly movie announcement, are usually there, since they get a lot of attention.
The DBS movie flopping in Japan surely didn't help.

BagetaSama
Beyond Newbie

Post by BagetaSama » Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:57 pm

TheRed259 wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:14 am According to this, there is no Dragon Ball Super for Jump Festa 2023.
Wow so the DBS anime really is never coming back then

MeMeDZEHH
Not-So-Newbie

Post by MeMeDZEHH » Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:27 pm

Jord wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:50 am
MeMeDZEHH wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 12:28 pm That's means nothing. 80% of the stage at Jump Festa are useless and ends with 0 announcement. On the other news, the writer of Digimon Ghost Game said last week on his blog that the anime will enter soon in it's climax
Except that big releases, such as the Broly movie announcement, are usually there, since they get a lot of attention.
The DBS movie flopping in Japan surely didn't help.
Yes, but not on a DBS panel. The Broly movie was announced on a SDBH stand. There's not a single announcement made on a DBS panel that I can remember. When they launched the website, they clearly said that this would be their main information channel.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:48 am

BagetaSama wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:57 pm
Wow so the DBS anime really is never coming back then
How can you conclude something like that?

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:21 am

Goku is also in this year Jump Festa key visual:

Could be just because of the manga. Remind that Dragon Ball Super was announced in a press release outside of Jump Festa. Not everything needs to be announced there.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:17 am

I think the leaks we have this time are definitely reliable. 2023 is definitely the come back of DBS2, especially when you consider the gacha games by then wouldn't have any new Super material to sell (cause they went over everything)

Gonna be funny to see Moro pop out in like 4 games at once after his 5 year long absence :P

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:46 am

TheRed259 wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 4:39 pm I think that Toei won't gain much from a Dragon Ball reboot since they won't be able to sell enough figures and merchandise with the old DB characters. They need new characters and new transformations for that.
Lol such a naïve comment. 80% of DBS has been left un merched (half a decade on and we still don't have any Kale figures while everyone just screamed she existed to "sell toys"), we have schedules until the first quarter of 2023 and not a single Gohan Beast or Orange Piccolo is in sight that's almost an entire year from the original release date before the delay. Toei and Bandai are notoriously slow it took them 3 decades to finally merch Goten. New material isn't all about "selling toys" like the majority of this fandom likes to believe if that's the case it wouldn't have taken 4 years almost for SUPER HERO to release

Also the OG DB Match Makers this year outsold most DBS figure including the likes of UI Goku, Gogeta and Vegetto etc
Super Saiyan Swagger wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:14 pm Hmmm… that 2023 calendar that leaked was specifically talking about TV animation. So there’s still a chance that the DBS anime will return next year, despite this web series news.

I got no clue on what this web series could possibly be about. Whatever it is, I hope it’s silly as fuck.
This is why I was hesitant to post the calendar copyright, I mentioned in my original tweet it could be a mistake and even told Hype to reiterate that because I didn't want people to treat it as some concrete fact. 3 is next to 2 so a mistake is probable. If it happens again and another merch release has the 2023 copyright then that is not a coincidence anymore.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:30 pm

Considering recent movie was about Red Ribbon again and a Dr. Gero relative, I would really like these web series to be about him. What he did after Goku destroyed their HQ and how he planned his revenge.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Kakarotto92
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kakarotto92 » Sun Oct 16, 2022 4:03 pm

SSJgogeto wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 3:37 pm Seems like Dragon Ball has TWO anime projects, according to leaks (none of them is a movie). If that's true, I wonder what the other project would be.
A Dragon Ball Online series would be a dream come true. Either that or a remake/new adaptation of the original manga. Anyway, a Gohan and Piccolo spin-off seems more likely.

BagetaSama
Beyond Newbie

Post by BagetaSama » Sun Oct 16, 2022 8:14 pm

Don't we only know that there's a web series in the works that is not Dragon Ball Super? I don't think we otherwise have any proof of anything else

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Tue Oct 18, 2022 7:48 am

BagetaSama wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 8:14 pm Don't we only know that there's a web series in the works that is not Dragon Ball Super? I don't think we otherwise have any proof of anything else
We don't know either that it's not DB Super.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Oct 18, 2022 7:22 pm

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Oct 18, 2022 7:45 pm

I don't know who they are but I'm much, much, much more inclined to believe Ajay, so if he wants to back them up then by all means.

Of course, it stands to reason that if any new weekly cartoon is being announced it'll be soon considering Digimon: Ghost Game is nearing its end and JUMP Festa is coming up.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf