"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" On-Going Discussion Thread

Post by TheGmGoken » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:32 am

Super excited. New Amvs plot.

I don't expect a long series. 52 episodes.

BlackCatScott
Regular

Post by BlackCatScott » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:32 am

I really hope the Anime takes place after the recent films because Beerus and Whis have really become two of my favourite characters from the limited screentime they've had!

Also, more teen Goten and Trunks?!

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:34 am

TheGmGoken wrote:
If they're going to do the 12 universes then this needs to be 200+ so nothing well be rushed.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

EXBadguy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by EXBadguy » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:34 am

As excited as I wanna be, I'm also scared, cuz right now, I don't trust Toriyama after the last two movies he did, all of the inconsistencies and the unbalanced tones and tropes in them. Hopefully it'll have be a mixture of the first three sagas of Z, some adventure, some comedy and lighthearted gags(IF. DONE. RIGHT!), and the dark mysterious sci-fi tone that the Android/Cell saga had.

This is Toriyama's last chance to impress me, and if this does fail, I'm never supporting his new stuff ever again. I'll just go back to the old series.
Last edited by EXBadguy on Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

EA575
Regular

Post by EA575 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:34 am

BlackCatScott wrote: Also, more teen Goten and Trunks?!
Possibly. The press release does have Nozawa credited as the voice actress for Goten among Gohan and Goku.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:35 am

BlackCatScott wrote:I really hope the Anime takes place after the recent films because Beerus and Whis have really become two of my favourite characters from the limited screentime they've had!

The English press release says it takes place after FNF so they'll be back and I'm sure they'll have a huge role to play in the story.

Blade
I Live Here
Location: Contrary to popular belief, not on Kanzenshuu forums.

Post by Blade » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:35 am

Has someone spiked my coffee?
'Multiculturalism means nothing in Japan, for every outside culture must pass first through the Japanese filter, rendering it entirely Japanese in the process.' - Julian Cope.

CM101Play
Beyond Newbie

Post by CM101Play » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:36 am

HYPE!

Love what AT has been doing with BoG and RF, this is gonna be awesome. Hope it gets dubbed quickly.

About to read through the topic. Hope we get some info about it soon. I guess it is taking place after RF?

Birusu16
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Birusu16 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:36 am

The way the press release is worded makes me think it's going to take place after the Buu saga but before BoGs, RoF, and the Tournament. It also mentions a villain being stronger than Buu. Well that's not exactly an intimidating thing if it's set after BoGs and RoF considering Goku and Vegeta are far stronger than Buu at that point.
Last edited by Birusu16 on Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

EA575
Regular

Post by EA575 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:36 am

DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:For anyone that wants to put this into perspective...go back and listen to this podcast:
http://daizex.db-destiny.net/Daizenshuu ... e_0252.mp3
Now, just imagine if you were to time travel into the past, interrupt this podcast, and tell them about everything that's happened in the past 3/4 years since then. It's insane.
Man, listening to them talk about Kai knowing a whole new series is in the works feels so surreal.
sintzu wrote:
BlackCatScott wrote:I really hope the Anime takes place after the recent films because Beerus and Whis have really become two of my favourite characters from the limited screentime they've had!

The English press release says it takes place after FNF so they'll be back and I'm sure they'll have a huge role to play in the story.
No, it follows the success of the movie; it doesn't explicitly mention it takes place after the movie.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:38 am

EA575 wrote:No, it follows the success of the movie; it doesn't explicitly mention it takes place after the movie.
"Following the recent events of the hit feature film, Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection F"

Blade
I Live Here
Location: Contrary to popular belief, not on Kanzenshuu forums.

Post by Blade » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:41 am

I still don't believe this real. I've been sat at my desk writing doing this work for too long, so I'm going to take a break, walk to the store, come back, sit down, and refresh my browser, entirely expecting that this has all been some sort of strange, lurid hallucination.

I guess I am feeling a little sick today? Maybe I'm running a fever?

ljflkasjgpoargoke't;dfgf

:crazy:

God damnit, get a hold of yourself, Jamie. You're a grown freakin' man!
'Multiculturalism means nothing in Japan, for every outside culture must pass first through the Japanese filter, rendering it entirely Japanese in the process.' - Julian Cope.

EA575
Regular

Post by EA575 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:42 am

sintzu wrote:
EA575 wrote:No, it follows the success of the movie; it doesn't explicitly mention it takes place after the movie.
"Following the recent events of the hit feature film, Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection F"
" Following the recent events
of the hit feature film, Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection ‘F’, Dragon Ball Super will debut in Japan in July 2015."
I think they mean the series (not the story) is following Resurrection 'F'. If the story was taking place after the movie, they would say that, not say it's after the Buu arc.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:42 am

Seeing how this has now already been officially revealed, I wonder if Piccolo Day (May 9th) is intended to be the asset reveals? Like promo art and stuff? It would be right on the cusp of V-Jump...
Last edited by TheDevilsCorpse on Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:43 am

TheGmGoken wrote:Super excited. New Amvs plot.

Masako Nozawa said in the press release that she hopes the series goes on for a long time, which means TOEI probably has no ending planned, and will probably continue the series for as long as fans support it.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:44 am

I wonder if Kanzenshuu will make a sub forum like with Kai.

JamesOwnz
Beyond Newbie

Post by JamesOwnz » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:44 am

sintzu wrote:
TheGmGoken wrote:
If they're going to do the 12 universes then this needs to be 200+ so nothing well be rushed.
Such a random number.

Tis isn't based off a manga... 200 episodes? That would take over 4 years..

Black_Liger
Advanced Regular

Post by Black_Liger » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:45 am

Oh my God there was an earthquake in my country and It woke me up, I went to check up on kanzenshuu and now i know why the earthquake, it was the hype levels shattering the earth's crust!.

Please don't get sumitomo for the music please get Yoshihisa Hirano or Shiroh Sagisu please please please.
There's room for only one snake, and one big boss.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:45 am

OMG. (⊙_⊙)

So much yes. Let's do this, Toei!!
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

BlackCatScott
Regular

Post by BlackCatScott » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:46 am

Animation wise, what can we expect from this? I see the state of the One Piece anime nowadays and it makes me really sad. Can we trust Toei will put a big chunk of money behind this thing and give us quality production?

What is Toeis best looking show?