"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sintzu
Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" On-Going Discussion Thread

Post by sintzu » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:57 am

vegitot wrote:So this will be after Freeza's movie?
Or GT remake?
It's a new story set after FNF so it has noting to do with Gt.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:00 am

"it is fantastic that the long awaited Dragon Ball Super will finally begin"

It looks like this has been in the works for at least a year.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:00 am

Neon Z wrote:
Birusu16 wrote:The way the press release is worded makes me think it's going to take place after the Buu saga but before BoGs, RoF, and the Tournament. It also mentions a villain being stronger than Buu. Well that's not exactly an intimidating thing if it's set after BoGs and RoF considering Goku and Vegeta are far stronger than Buu at that point.
It mentions a villain stronger than "Buu and Freeza". Freeza there obviously is referencing his new power, not his strength back in Namek.
Where does it mention Freeza?
I've read through the entire press release(the pdf file) and Freeza is not mentioned at all.

Also the way this is going, it seems like people are just going to jump to the most recent page and not bother looking through the thread to see, if their points were addressed.
I already addressed Sintzu's claim to another poster a few pages ago, but that has been completely ignored.
Ah, well it's going to be just as annoying as the movie threads, but I'm going to comfort myself with the fact, that it's because of the new series.

molokidan

Post by molokidan » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:01 am

dbgtFO wrote:
Neon Z wrote:
Birusu16 wrote:The way the press release is worded makes me think it's going to take place after the Buu saga but before BoGs, RoF, and the Tournament. It also mentions a villain being stronger than Buu. Well that's not exactly an intimidating thing if it's set after BoGs and RoF considering Goku and Vegeta are far stronger than Buu at that point.
It mentions a villain stronger than "Buu and Freeza". Freeza there obviously is referencing his new power, not his strength back in Namek.
Where does it mention Freeza?
I've read through the entire press release(the pdf file) and Freeza is not mentioned at all.

Also the way this is going, it seems like people are just going to jump to the most recent page and not bother looking through the thread to see, if their points were addressed.
I already addressed Sintzu's claim to another poster a few pages ago, but that has been completely ignored.
Ah, well it's going to be just as annoying as the movie threads, but I'm going to comfort myself with the fact, that it's because of the new series.
The bit about Buu and Freeza is from the original Japanese release. They just left it out of the official English release for some reason.

EA575
Regular

Post by EA575 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:02 am

Heh, Dragon Ball is trending on twitter...

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:03 am

Before this thread gets out of control, someone should make a second thread for news updates only, and keep this one for discussion, that way we don't have to sort through hundreds of posts to find new info.

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:04 am

UpFromTheSkies wrote:Before this thread gets out of control, someone should make a second thread for news updates only, and keep this one for discussion, that way we don't have to sort through hundreds of posts to find new info.
I wouldn't worry about that. A sub-forum is inevitable.

ssg3000

Post by ssg3000 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:05 am

I woke up to my phone because my friend posted something about this on Facebook. I still feel like I'm dreaming.
More movies and original video game plots? Sure. A new TV series is beyond expectations.

While I'm a little skeptical about Toei handling the budget for a long series, I'd be okay with something like Precure or One Piece where all of the important scenes have an awesome budget. In particular the "Go! Princess Precure" series uses some really interesting animation direction.

TKA
Advanced Regular

Post by TKA » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:05 am

Interesting. Very interesting.
The Creatives who inspire me: Akira Toriyama, George Lucas, Chris Nolan, J. R. R. Tolkien and Zack Snyder

http://i.imgur.com/XAnj7Yi.jpg

You saw Batman v Superman? Is it the Ultimate Edition? No? Then you haven't seen Batman v Superman. Also, the Snyder Cut is the greatest, non-deconstructionist ensemble comic book film ever made.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:06 am

DBZ_Lee wrote:According to the English Toei Animation press release, it follows the events of Resurrection "F".
Again, you guys aren't reading that statement well. It's a general, "this series will come after Resurrection F", not "the story of this series takes place after Resurrection F."

They describe the story in the next paragraph, that it takes place after Goku defeated Majin Buu.
Of course it might likely take place after RoF, but that has yet to be confirmed.

Sorry for the big letters, but the point had to come across somehow...

EXBadguy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by EXBadguy » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:06 am

I got a sorta off-topic question? Does anyone know what channels other shonen series like Naruto, HxH, and Bleach aired. I asked that cuz I just have this idea for this series if it exists.
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

vegitot
Beyond Newbie

Post by vegitot » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:06 am

UpFromTheSkies wrote:
vegitot wrote:So this will be after Freeza's movie?
Or GT remake?
By the way,a very great news
The only thing we know is that it takes place after the defeat of Buu.
Battle of Gods already did that.
GT remake isn't impossible though

DBZ_Lee
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ_Lee » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:07 am

sintzu wrote:
DBZ_Lee wrote:We don't need another "GT" (my opinion).
That's pretty much everyone's opinion.

How long do you think they've been planning this ?
If what Nozawa has said is anything to go by, then it would appear it has been planned for some time.

I'm thinking post BoG at least, perhaps we got the new SSGSS transformation in "F" because it will set it up for the series?.

As delighted as I am, I hope they'll do more movies, I know, I'm greedy :lol:

I wonder if FUNi can broadcast dub this?.
Last edited by DBZ_Lee on Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:08 am

molokidan wrote:The bit about Buu and Freeza is from the original Japanese release. They just left it out of the official English release for some reason.
Thank you.
It's nice to know where people get their information from, as that Freeza quote just made no sense to me given the English press release.

fogdark
Beyond Newbie

Post by fogdark » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:09 am

DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:So, "Dragon Ball Super" is trending worldwide on Twitter. As if there was any doubt on who number one is. :D
I'm seriously in awe. This news just made my day! There I was like an adult doing some stuff in the bank, when all of a sudden, after checking twitter, I became a kid again. The urges to squeel like a school girl were REAL. And to see Dragon Ball trending world-wide ....just...wow.... :D
Yes, Goku visited me once. He turned to me while I was still speechless, and said, "You've drank too much"...

My Teepublic Store
My Redbubble Store

vegitot
Beyond Newbie

Post by vegitot » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:09 am

12 universes detailed?

Bura
Advanced Regular

Post by Bura » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:09 am

YES!!! I've been waiting for this all my life.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:12 am

Best part of this news 16x9 AR!!! :D

ssjjanemba
Beyond Newbie

Post by ssjjanemba » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:12 am

CM101Play wrote:
ssjjanemba wrote:If we are getting a new anime i hope to god its non canon.
Toriyama is behind this one, so it is definitely canon :D
Well then, I hope this doesn't turn into another GT.
Hi

DBZ_Lee
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ_Lee » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:12 am

dbgtFO wrote:
DBZ_Lee wrote:According to the English Toei Animation press release, it follows the events of Resurrection "F".
Again, you guys aren't reading that statement well. It's a general, "this series will come after Resurrection F", not "the story of this series takes place after Resurrection F."

They describe the story in the next paragraph, that it takes place after Goku defeated Majin Buu.
Of course it might likely take place after RoF, but that has yet to be confirmed.

Sorry for the big letters, but the point had to come across somehow...
Right you are. Though if it comes that soon after Majin Buu, we won't have Beerus, or Whis if it's set before BoG.