"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

samuraix123
I Live Here

Re: Official Announcement Thread & Discussion

Post by samuraix123 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:29 pm

fps_anth wrote:THE BOYHOOD DREAM HAS COME TRUE

Seriously. I, like most of you, got into DBZ just as GT concluded in Japan. Given its popularity, I just assumed Dragon Ball AF was a real thing, and new episodes of Dragon Ball would be coming out of Japan, steady. I mean, why not?

18 years later, the dream has come true. I should probably temper expectations, but right now I choose to get hype.

NEW DRAGON BALL ANIME NEW DRAGON BALL ANIME

You need to come clean my laptop screen because I just spit pop on it hahahaha that dude dancing about killed me haha
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

Vegitofaxx
Regular

Post by Vegitofaxx » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:29 pm

emperior wrote:First time posting here!

As everyone else I'm fuckin' excited for this.
I have been waiting all my life for a new DB series. I've been an HUGE fan of DBZ since I was a child.

What I hope for this new series is that it stays true to itself.
I have faith in Akira Toriyama, and I can't wait to see it. Being from Italy I hope it makes it here.

I would like if they explore the 12 universes. Well it would make no sense if they don't.
My guess is AT had it in mind since BoG, or it would be stupid for Beerus to mention the 12 universes if we are never seeing anything of them.
So they gave us the two movies for a "Sneak Peek" and to see how much money to put in this new serie and if Dragon Ball was still loved worldwide.
So now that both movies have been a success, I really think they will try making the best out of Dragon Ball Super.
DB is a COLOSSAL franchise, it can make so much money I don't think they will fail this time.
Welcome to Kanzenshuu :) May i take your coat?
Here lies a modified Doctor Who qoute. It was killed too early by the moderators. R.I.P.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Steam: The Muncher of Da Biscuits.
PSN: Joeythekiller123
Playing XenoVerse on Pc. BP = 10370. Primary CaC: Tapaha. Always ready for an invite :D
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jackass, #1 Hellsing fan, Translator for the Danish version of DBM(always two pages ahead of you), Chilling on da forums 8)

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:31 pm

Vegitofaxx wrote:All those "Dragon Ball is dead" comments we endured...Who's laughing now :twisted:
Also, all the people who spread rumors about Toriyama making a new DB series for all those years... they are vindicated now. :lol:

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:31 pm

I bet the people at Toei are laughing their ass off from people's comments and such online haha :D
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
#1 Paikuhan fan!

nathantheguitarist
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nathantheguitarist » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:31 pm

Just popping in to add to the universal "holy shit."

Holy shit.

It's so sudden. New movies, in theaters in the US no less, have been great. But new movie release followed by a new series... It's just... so sudden. o_o Like damn, y'all.

Holy shit.

Fuckin' blue hair lol.
Can't you see? He's the man. Let me hear you applaud. He's more than a man! He's a shiny golden god!

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:32 pm

fps_anth wrote:Image
Yep. That's pretty much how I reacted to the news, as well. :lol:

What a time it is to be a Dragon Ball fan. :D

Careless Saiyajin
Regular

Post by Careless Saiyajin » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:33 pm

I need to put my two cents in since it seems everyone else already took the opportunity to do so, i must say that i am beyond ecstatic. I thought back to the news that it may take place around where Ressurection F leaves off which really lets my imagination wander as the fact of the matter is that these 2 recent movies added a lot of things i actually have grown fond of. My response to this news was literally emotional and i will be sure to support any official release i can.
Last edited by Careless Saiyajin on Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vegitofaxx
Regular

Post by Vegitofaxx » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:33 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Vegitofaxx wrote:All those "Dragon Ball is dead" comments we endured...Who's laughing now :twisted:
Also, all the people who spread rumors about Toriyama making a new DB series for all those years... they are vindicated now. :lol:
Well. If there is a SSJ5 coming(which is higly unlikely) I think Toriyama would deliberatly make it the opposite of the giant silver hairs, and vein popping muscles. But now that I think about it, wasn't that basically Super Saiyan God?
Here lies a modified Doctor Who qoute. It was killed too early by the moderators. R.I.P.
Playing XenoVerse on Pc. BP = 10370. Primary CaC: Tapaha. Always ready for an invite :D
Jackass, #1 Hellsing fan, Translator for the Danish version of DBM(always two pages ahead of you), Chilling on da forums 8)

Vegitofaxx
Regular

Post by Vegitofaxx » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:34 pm

Y'know people's excited when you have to click "submit" thrice, because people keep making new posts :lol:

ffxiimaniac
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ffxiimaniac » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:35 pm

This is amazing news. I just pray to all the gods (lol puns) that they wont botch the quality up. I'm not meaning story or anything like that. I mean video quality. Since you know, DBZ BUU KAI is a complete disaster and the worst quality I've ever seen a HUGELY popular anime/show have. Native 16:9 anyone?! No green tint please? The only thing that sucks for me is the tremendous wait I'll have to endure, as I can't and don't watch the show in Japanese.

Retan
Advanced Regular

Post by Retan » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:35 pm

Has anyone reported on how long or know how long they've actually been working on the production of this new series? Or is Veggeto EX's report all we have?

Streamer255

Post by Streamer255 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:36 pm

For a moment, I thought it might have been an April Fool's joke that came out late, but I looked at other news sites and found out that it was no joke! I can't wait to see what they come up with! :D
The guy who gets excited and never shuts up!

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:36 pm

Vegitofaxx wrote:
kei17 wrote:
Vegitofaxx wrote:Has a Chief Animation Supervisor been confirmed?
We don't even know whether it's hand-drawn animation.
I hope to god it is...
Come on it has to be hand drawn, right? It has to be...

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:36 pm

Vegitofaxx wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
Well. If there is a SSJ5 coming(which is higly unlikely) I think Toriyama would deliberatly make it the opposite of the giant silver hairs, and vein popping muscles. But now that I think about it, wasn't that basically Super Saiyan God?
Well SSJG was originally meant to have an over the top design, but Toriyama scratched that in favour of something more simple.

Man, now I know how Star Wars fans felt like when Episode VII announced. :P

Dyno
Banned

Post by Dyno » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:37 pm

In a far distant land, Rocketman is not happy about it when it comes to "this series is the real continuation of Dragon Ball Z". :lol:

Careless Saiyajin
Regular

Post by Careless Saiyajin » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:37 pm

ffxiimaniac wrote:This is amazing news. I just pray to all the gods (lol puns) that they wont botch the quality up. I'm not meaning story or anything like that. I mean video quality. Since you know, DBZ BUU KAI is a complete disaster and the worst quality I've ever seen a HUGELY popular anime/show have. Native 16:9 anyone?! No green tint please? The only thing that sucks for me is the tremendous wait I'll have to endure, as I can't and don't watch the show in Japanese.
The tremendous wait is something all of us dub fans will endure. With that in mind though, I AM SO GLAD THIS IS A THING! :clap:

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:37 pm

EW and Rolling Stone caring enough to talk about this is strange to me.

I want to see Gokû and Vegeta explore those universes so much!

Definitely more Beerus! I agree with wanting that! He is fun. :3
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:38 pm

I just want to say that reading everyone's comments and people's reactions and some over reactions has made my day. I been feeling so depressed here lately but this day has made me laugh more and smile more than I have in a long while. :D
#1 Paikuhan fan!

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:39 pm

Chuquita wrote:Definitely more Beerus! I agree with wanting that! He is fun. :3
YES!!

Beerus being in DBS would be amazing!! :clap:

Careless Saiyajin
Regular

Post by Careless Saiyajin » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:40 pm

samuraix123 wrote:I just want to say that reading everyone's comments and people's reactions and some over reactions has made my day. I been feeling so depressed here lately but this day has made me laugh more and smile more than I have in a long while. :D
No such thing as over reaction, this is the type of thing that requires maximum excitement and more. :lol: