"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

chizzielamer
Not-So-Newbie

Re: Official Announcement Thread & Discussion

Post by chizzielamer » Sun May 24, 2015 7:18 am

UpFromTheSkies wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote:worst case scenario is Goku and Vegeta are the only ones that gets into fights while the other z-warriors are having fun on earth.
I have a feeling that we're going to see the Z-fighters get interesting roles and take up more screen time. I can picture Krillin becoming a member of the Galactic Patrol, and then whenever he gets a call from Jaco, he transforms into his Galatic Patrolman outfit and flys off, it would be great. :D He's already a cop, so why not be a galactic cop?
please make it happen Toriyama-sensei!

The side adventures of Kuririn and Jaco!

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun May 24, 2015 7:22 am

I am of the opinion that Dragon Ball is at its best when it's serious and (relatively) dark, as the two specials and the Saiyan and Freeza arcs prove this. Now, this isn't to say the comedy is unwelcome, of course, but I'm asking that Super tones down on the lightheartedness for a bit, and actually transmits some sense of danger, despair and loss like the series did before and not like these two movies, which didn't.

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Sun May 24, 2015 7:38 am

chizzielamer wrote:
UpFromTheSkies wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote:worst case scenario is Goku and Vegeta are the only ones that gets into fights while the other z-warriors are having fun on earth.
I have a feeling that we're going to see the Z-fighters get interesting roles and take up more screen time. I can picture Krillin becoming a member of the Galactic Patrol, and then whenever he gets a call from Jaco, he transforms into his Galatic Patrolman outfit and flys off, it would be great. :D He's already a cop, so why not be a galactic cop?
please make it happen Toriyama-sensei!

The side adventures of Kuririn and Jaco!
It would make sense, he's a cop now and has become friends with Jaco

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Sun May 24, 2015 7:48 am

UpFromTheSkies wrote:
I wouldnt mind that! but #18 might since I dont think Jaco gets paid in Zeny rate.

shinmaru
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shinmaru » Sun May 24, 2015 7:58 am

UpFromTheSkies wrote:
Krillin a galactic cop? I can imagine that happening in Super.
Krillin fits the profile.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun May 24, 2015 8:45 am

I like that idea of Krillin becoming a galatic cop with Jaco.
If Super takes place before EOZ, that would be cool to see.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun May 24, 2015 8:49 am

That'd probably make a fun spin off, Space Cop Kuririn.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

JamesOwnz
Beyond Newbie

Post by JamesOwnz » Sun May 24, 2015 9:04 am

I think t just makes sense for it to take place after EoZ would also be a lot easier... would make it a true sequel and continuation instead of more of a side story/spin off.

chizzielamer
Not-So-Newbie

Post by chizzielamer » Sun May 24, 2015 9:12 am

http://www.reddit.com/r/dbz/comments/37 ... all_super/

Not sure how legit it is....but I'll take what I can get :)

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun May 24, 2015 9:17 am

Retcon EOZ?! I wonder about that.
Goku vs Uub is foreshadowed in the last Kai ending...

They should add this beautiful scene though
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun May 24, 2015 9:23 am

I don't think Kai and Super are connected to be honest, given how long ago Kai was made/finalized, how it only aired in Japan because Toriko failed. They could easily have Kai end where Z did, but have Super retcon it a week later.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Sun May 24, 2015 9:25 am

If they do rewrite the ending of Z, I hope they keep Uub and introduce him at an earlier point in the time line.

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Sun May 24, 2015 9:50 am

chizzielamer wrote:http://www.reddit.com/r/dbz/comments/37 ... all_super/

Schemmel has made some questionable statements in the past, and there's also no telling how reputable this Reddit person is. If I'm reading it right, the timeline for his dinner with Nozawa doesn't even make sense, because the LA premiere of RF was two weeks before Super's announcement.

It's possible Toei did whip up something new because of Super, but if that's the case it probably wouldn't be in the international version, so you'd have to wonder how or why Schemmel would know about something currently internal to Japan.

Also, considering the current/final Kai ED just screams 28th Budoukai, including glimpses of Oob, this retcon could just be an animated version of the Kanzenban ending. But that kind of conflicts with the minimal effort Toei has put into the Boo arc.
-Rachel

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sun May 24, 2015 10:02 am

TripleRach wrote:

Schemmel has made some questionable statements in the past, and there's also no telling how reputable this Reddit person is. If I'm reading it right, the timeline for his dinner with Nozawa doesn't even make sense, because the LA premiere of RF was two weeks before Super's announcement.

It's possible Toei did whip up something new because of Super, but if that's the case it probably wouldn't be in the international version, so you'd have to wonder how or why Schemmel would know about something currently internal to Japan.

Also, considering the current/final Kai ED just screams 28th Budoukai, including glimpses of Oob, this retcon could just be an animated version of the Kanzenban ending. But that kind of conflicts with the minimal effort Toei has put into the Boo arc.
Yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and say either that person on Reddit is lying or they just heard a lot of stuff very wrong.

DBZ_Lee
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ_Lee » Sun May 24, 2015 10:08 am

Makes little sense to me. All of these timelines don't add up.

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Sun May 24, 2015 11:12 am

Didn't Schemmel also say he totally heard the replacement score for the Kai Ocean dub, and it totally blows for real? It would seem he likes to say stuff.
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

Rukura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Rukura » Sun May 24, 2015 1:07 pm

TripleRach wrote:Also, considering the current/final Kai ED just screams 28th Budoukai, including glimpses of Oob, this retcon could just be an animated version of the Kanzenban ending. But that kind of conflicts with the minimal effort Toei has put into the Boo arc.
My theory is that the first episode of Super starts with a short summary of "the story thus far" that ends with the Kanzenban ending.
Full checklist of all Xenoverse clothing pieces, accessories and Z-Souls (Many thanks to jrdemr for the Z-Souls sheet): https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8vxc8m0fehev ... .xlsx?dl=0

CashmanX
Patreon Supporter

Post by CashmanX » Sun May 24, 2015 1:10 pm

https://twitter.com/Hazukari/status/602516198815850497

Well, this is new... :o

I wonder what character he'll voice?
olympia wrote: 21:28 why are we still talking about the emails
21:29 who gives a fuck
21:29 shut the fuck up trunks
21:29 * mean trump

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun May 24, 2015 1:16 pm

CashmanX wrote:https://twitter.com/Hazukari/status/602516198815850497

Well, this is new... :o

I wonder what character he'll voice?
Tambourine, clearly~![/joking]
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

soulnova
Advanced Regular

Post by soulnova » Sun May 24, 2015 1:17 pm

Chuquita wrote:I'm entertained personally because Gokû's more of a "cute" character to me and him attempting to act sexy I imagine would result with the same awkwardness his attempt to act polite to Beerus in BOG was (desu). X3
He doesn't need to act. He IS. 8)
dbzfan7 wrote:
Goku's a cartoon character. A regular shmoe. Sexy is an odd word to describe him. Dude isn't one of those bishonen or attractive characters, nor is he aimed to be one. It's weird to call Goku sexy.
It is not unusual. :lol: I found him sexy... in both "so cool + hot" factors as soon as he grew up, as did all my other girl friends and my sister. As I mentioned before, even the new generation of young girls are falling and having a big crush for adult Goku. This is NOT weird at all and quite common in the female fanbase. If there is one or two boys who like him, who am I to judge? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Check out Journey's End, a short story of Goku and Vegeta's final days. "Time is running out for the last two Saiyans"