"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Re: Official Announcement Thread & Discussion

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:11 am

sintzu wrote:
UpFromTheSkies wrote: I forgot about Nakao recording for the show, it probably is for Freeza then! Maybe we'll get to see Freeza's training. :)
Hopefully he's trained by someone
That could end up being the next villain.

soulnova
Advanced Regular

Post by soulnova » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:14 am

JamesOwnz wrote:Changing the movies would be a middle finger to the audience.
It feels like a KIDNEYPUNCH.

In any case... Goku, I'm dissapointed. Master Roshi taught you how to tilt the earth with YOUR BARE HANDS. Tsk, tsk.
Check out Journey's End, a short story of Goku and Vegeta's final days. "Time is running out for the last two Saiyans"

Mystic Tien
Regular

Post by Mystic Tien » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:16 am

UpFromTheSkies wrote: If your lost brother showed up and revealed that you're really an alien, kidnapped your son, and then got into a fight with you that resulted in your death, would you forget about it?
If I wasn't Goku, then of course not. But we are speaking about Goku here, so I am not sure :D
Marco Polo wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:Cool to see Gohan have a kill for once. He hasn't killed someone since Cell (or Broli if you want to count in General).
He almost got Videl killed in Battle of Gods tho.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:17 am

Gokû is so depressed and sleepy farming, it's like "aww/wants to hug". But then he doesn't really learn a lesson about work because Mark is a cool guy who gives him that money, so it's like hmm. But then what job could Gokû do? Construction?
Also didn't notice how old and beaten up that tractor was at first. Gokû just wants to train, couldn't he get a job at the tournament grounds? He'd at least be happier there I think, not that it matters now that the money problem is solved. ^^;
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:20 am

I hope we get a lot more of this in Super :D

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:21 am

Why are people so upset if they change the movies? It's literally just a different version, it's nothing new, especially if it turns out better. How many people out there are complaining that History of Trunks was changed from the manga chapter?

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:21 am

sintzu wrote:BOG states that Beerus was sleeping during the 4 years between Buu's defeat and BOG yet here he isn't.
And people are assuming the whole movie will be ignored based on such a minor detail of how many years he was asleep before the events of the movie? There are worse "contradictions" within the manga.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:37 am

100 episodes, hmm, not bad, hope they don't rush nor take it slow.

Also raws are out, loved the first chapter and I'm continuing to love that this is pre-BoG.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:38 am

After meeting with the God of Destruction Beerus, awakened from a very long sleep, and after the Resurrection of Frieza, a more mysterious character comes to disturb the peace on Earth in this new Dragon Ball series!
Year : 2015
Episodes : 100
Kind : Action/Aventure
Kind : Comedy
That sure is what it says, but it's a bit of a round number, isn't it? It sounds a little too 'perfect' for me, so I'm leaning towards it being an estimate. Still, 100 episodes! :thumbup:
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:40 am

Yeah seems like a place holder to me.

Araki
Advanced Regular

Post by Araki » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:40 am

Alruneia wrote:
After meeting with the God of Destruction Beerus, awakened from a very long sleep, and after the Resurrection of Freeza, a more mysterious character comes to disturb the peace on Earth in this new Dragon Ball series!
That sure is what it says, but it's a bit of a round number, isn't it? It sounds a little too 'perfect' for me, so I'm leaning towards it being an estimate. Still, 100 episodes! :thumbup:
Yeah, it just means they're planning for a minimum of two years. Could be 97, 98, 102 episodes..

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:41 am

Doctor. wrote:Why are people so upset if they change the movies? It's literally just a different version, it's nothing new, especially if it turns out better. How many people out there are complaining that History of Trunks was changed from the manga chapter?
Likewise I like the idea of just changing some animations and fight scenes and fixing some stuffs to understand it more.

AND YAY FOR 100EPS! Image

TJVY
Beyond Newbie

Post by TJVY » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:42 am

100 episodes sounds great to me, hoping for me down the track but who knows. I hope this series channels some of the tense moments from Z, I wanna relive the unpredictability and sense that anything could happen all over again.
"It's not anime that sucks, it's the fans."

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:44 am

I like the idea of more ssjg Gokû, and done by better key animators. :3
Alruneia wrote:
After meeting with the God of Destruction Beerus, awakened from a very long sleep, and after the Resurrection of Freeza, a more mysterious character comes to disturb the peace on Earth in this new Dragon Ball series!
100 sounds so impossible, like those rumor numbers, but hey, if it's true I'll take it. That's two years worth of material! O_O
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

mogi67
Not-So-Newbie

Post by mogi67 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:47 am

That seems like a placeholder to me, as well. I'm sure they'll keep writing episodes as long as the series remains popular. Sounds like they had a hell of a time ending Dragon Ball the last time...

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:48 am

Chuquita wrote:
100 sounds so impossible, like those rumor numbers, but hey, if it's true I'll take it. That's two years worth of material! O_O
This shows that not all rumors are fake and hopefully they'll go beyond 100 if it's doing good.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Mystic Tien
Regular

Post by Mystic Tien » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:48 am

Doctor. wrote:100 episodes, hmm, not bad, hope they don't rush nor take it slow.

Also raws are out, loved the first chapter and I'm continuing to love that this is pre-BoG.
Like 2 seasons of Omega. Okay, I guess
Marco Polo wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:Cool to see Gohan have a kill for once. He hasn't killed someone since Cell (or Broli if you want to count in General).
He almost got Videl killed in Battle of Gods tho.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:51 am

100 episodes? Damn, looks like we got another long running shonen anime on our hands. That, and Toei obviously expect this show to be a hit. But at least we're getting a lot of new Dragon Ball material. So I'm not gonna complain, this is awesome. :)

May Dragon Ball never die. :thumbup:

orco05

Post by orco05 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:55 am

How many dragon balls are there now? 9? 12?

plus: How many dragons are there now?