"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

EXBadguy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Official Announcement Thread & Discussion

Post by EXBadguy » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:00 pm

Araki wrote:
Saying your personal opinions are right and theirs are not, as you're implying, isn't constructive criticism either. You're doing basically the same, if not worse...
Instead that I don't go around picking on people for liking the new transformations in the last two movies or call people retards for liking the sagas that have more gag and comedy than serious action. I would never do that!
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Quebaz » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:54 pm

UltimateHammerBro wrote:
FortuneSSJ wrote:Dragon Ball Super may coming to Portugal?! A portuguese guy sent an email to Panda Biggs (One of the channels that airs DB around here) and got the following answer:
"About Dragon Ball Super and the rest of the saga, there's gonna be a surprise in 2015 and 2016. Stay tuned!

I'm talking about the channel that aired Legend of Shenlong on Christmas day, last year.
Maybe they're referring to Battle of Gods? It'd make more sense to license it before Super.
They're going to dub both BoG and RoF in late 2015 and then move on to Super in 2016. BELIEVE! NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!
A LUZ INFINITA!
Steam: Quebaz
PSN: BSSJ3
Tumblr

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:19 pm

Quebaz wrote: They're going to dub both BoG and RoF in late 2015 and then move on to Super in 2016. BELIEVE! NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!
You're believing too much, man xD
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

GokuRules987
Banned

Post by GokuRules987 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:54 pm

So do you guys think it would be cool if Goku were to get a new ability like being able to breathe in space or reality warp to some extend, maybe he unlocks a different sense thru meditating with whis and able to move and fight without needing to use his brain so send signals to his muscles. Similar to what Whis told him during their training that he's simply to slow.
My Intelligence level is over 9000!!!

ssjjanemba
Beyond Newbie

Post by ssjjanemba » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:55 pm

GokuRules987 wrote:So do you guys think it would be cool if Goku were to get a new ability like being able to breathe in space or reality warp to some extend, maybe he unlocks a different sense thru meditating with whis and able to move and fight without needing to use his brain so send signals to his muscles. Similar to what Whis told him during their training that he's simply to slow.
It would definitely be awesome if Goku gets a new ability. The kamehameha gets really boring after a while.
Hi

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:05 pm

The Kamehameha Never gets boring... :problem:

:P

As for new abilities, sure. I wish Goku had the ability to breathe in space already being a God and all... I don't wanna see any reality warp moves from him but some new and interesting techniques will be great to see.
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta

I'm that guy who makes the avatars

GokuRules987
Banned

Post by GokuRules987 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:11 pm

ssjjanemba wrote: It would definitely be awesome if Goku gets a new ability. The kamehameha gets really boring after a while.
Interesting... I actually had a technique that i though about a while ago myself. Its called Gamma Ray Beam Attack!!! It like a kamehameha on a cosmic universal level that obviously wouldnt work on earth but if Goku was to fight in space he could literally wreck some shit XD

My Intelligence level is over 9000!!!

The Doc
Not-So-Newbie

Post by The Doc » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:59 pm

GokuRules987 wrote:So do you guys think it would be cool if Goku were to get a new ability like being able to breathe in space
Didn't Battle of Gods confirm Goku's ability to breathe in space?

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:04 am

The Doc wrote:
GokuRules987 wrote:So do you guys think it would be cool if Goku were to get a new ability like being able to breathe in space
Nope, both Goku and Vegeta can't breathe in space even as gods. If they could,

godku23
Beyond Newbie

Post by godku23 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:06 am

Wasn't it said somewhere that Goku and Beerus fought in the upper atmosphere.
<(-_-<) (>-_-)> Fu...

^(-_-^) (^-_-)^ sion...

(>-_-)> <(-_-<) HA

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=27729&start=15600#p886966

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:07 am

godku23 wrote:Wasn't it said somewhere that Goku and Beerus fought in the upper atmosphere.
Yeah, I believe so.

ssjjanemba
Beyond Newbie

Post by ssjjanemba » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:07 am

GokuRules987 wrote:
ssjjanemba wrote: It would definitely be awesome if Goku gets a new ability. The kamehameha gets really boring after a while.
Interesting... I actually had a technique that i though about a while ago myself. Its called Gamma Ray Beam Attack!!! It like a kamehameha on a cosmic universal level that obviously wouldnt work on earth but if Goku was to fight in space he could literally wreck some shit XD

That sounds pretty awesome. If only we could see something like that in DBS.
Hi

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:53 am

Super Great Monkey Baby Vegeta used a Gyallic-Hou to try and destroy Earth from his planet. The idea certainly isn't without precedent, but I don't quite expect to see anything like that in Dragon Ball Super. Recent Dragon Ball projects have been pretty tame about the use of destruction.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:01 am

The Doc wrote:
Breathe in space? Breathe what, exactly? They were also talking during that scene, and sound doesn't travel in space, so they must have been in the upper atmosphere. Dragon Ball Science.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:03 am

I believe I'll quote Goku for what he said to Beerus.
Goku: [powers up] Destruction isn't something to take pleasure in!
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:05 am

Re: new techniques

If we're really redoing the movies, I want them to have some fun with ssjg's fire powers before it gets dropped for blueper.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:09 am

I love how Heroes just throws that out the window. :lol:

Good guys blowing up Planets and Solar systems without a care in the world.

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:11 am

SSJ God Gogeta wrote:I love how Heroes just throws that out the window. :lol:

Good guys blowing up Planets and Solar systems without a care in the world.
To be fair, there are galaxies in every possible direction, so it can't really be helped.

FutureGohanSSJ2
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by FutureGohanSSJ2 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:57 am

GokuRules987 wrote:So do you guys think it would be cool if Goku were to get a new ability like being able to breathe in space or reality warp to some extend, maybe he unlocks a different sense thru meditating with whis and able to move and fight without needing to use his brain so send signals to his muscles. Similar to what Whis told him during their training that he's simply to slow.
I really wish people would stop talking about, "the ability to breath in space." I want everyone to stop and just think about it.

What is breathing? You suck air into your lungs. But what is space? A vast space of just...nothing. There's literally nothing in space to breathe, so I don't understand why people continue to say, "breathe in space."

Individuals such as Freeza can survive in space, but "surviving in space" has a totally different meaning than "breathing in space". Heck, even look in the comics world. Numerous Superman issues state that, before traveling into space, he stores tons of oxygen deep inside of his lungs and blood cells before venturing on long journeys.

So please, stop using the phrase "breathe in space". It's literally not possible.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:02 am

FutureGohanSSJ2 wrote:
I really wish people would stop talking about, "the ability to breath in space." I want everyone to stop and just think about it.

What is breathing? You suck air into your lungs. But what is space? A vast space of just...nothing. There's literally nothing in space to breathe, so I don't understand why people continue to say, "breathe in space."

Individuals such as Freeza can survive in space, but "surviving in space" has a totally different meaning than "breathing in space". Heck, even look in the comics world. Numerous Superman issues state that, before traveling into space, he stores tons of oxygen deep inside of his lungs and blood cells before venturing on long journeys.

So please, stop using the phrase "breathe in space". It's literally not possible.
Breathe is Space is just a quick way of saying survive in space without suffocating, the majority of people know what you mean when you say breathe in space and the fact their is no air to truly breathe.