"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
Avery
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 364
Joined: Fri May 01, 2015 1:18 am
Location: Iraq

Re: Official Announcement Thread & Discussion

Post by Avery » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:24 am

ArchedThunder wrote: Also I'm not the only one that saw that super low res image of Vegeta and instantly thought he was wearing Future Trunks's jacket, am I?
That was the first thing to pop into my head too :D
An angry Final Fantasy fan wrote: And after all the outrage, when I'm ready, I'll go out on to GameStop and buy a Persona 5 copy. And when my mother finds me investing my precious time trying to bond with this hot anime girl, I'll look straight into her eyes and say "but have you looked at the menu screen? have you actually seen the menu screen? In that very moment, she knows. She fucking knows. As she handles me the nugget pieces she previously cooked for me, she leaves my room with these words: "Persona 5 is the true savior of the JRPG".
VegettoEX wrote: In a blunt nutshell, no-one wants to read bullshit. Don't post bullshit. Be a cool person that posts cool things that other people would actually want to read. Don't be Zamasu from episode 63 talking to himself.

User avatar
pacz360
I Live Here
Posts: 2542
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:38 am

Re: Official Announcement Thread & Discussion

Post by pacz360 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:32 am

VegettoEX wrote:
pacz360 wrote:Wait there a new guidebook or something :eh:
We have an entire website, believe it or not...! :)
Well sorry man just didn't know about the guidebook

User avatar
ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5711
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:03 am

Re: Official Announcement Thread & Discussion

Post by ArchedThunder » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:33 am

Avery wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote: Also I'm not the only one that saw that super low res image of Vegeta and instantly thought he was wearing Future Trunks's jacket, am I?
That was the first thing to pop into my head too :D
It'd be super awesome if that is what he's wearing.
I can see all the fan art with Future Trunks being like "I KNEW YOU LOVED ME, DAD!"

User avatar
VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator
Posts: 16555
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2004 3:10 pm
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: Official Announcement Thread & Discussion

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:35 am

pacz360 wrote:Well sorry man just didn't know about the guidebook
You don't have to apologize - honestly or sarcastically, can't tell here - about anything. It's simply that lots of people get trapped thinking all there is here is a forum, and tend to forget this is a full website that extensively covers and documents things. You can always stay up-to-date with essentially everything there is to know! Everything is categorized and tagged for convenience. We gots it alls.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

User avatar
bleed0range
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 892
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:38 pm

Re: Official Announcement Thread & Discussion

Post by bleed0range » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:26 am

VegettoEX wrote:
pacz360 wrote:Well sorry man just didn't know about the guidebook
You don't have to apologize - honestly or sarcastically, can't tell here - about anything. It's simply that lots of people get trapped thinking all there is here is a forum, and tend to forget this is a full website that extensively covers and documents things. You can always stay up-to-date with essentially everything there is to know! Everything is categorized and tagged for convenience. We gots it alls.
I think his reply comes from the fact that you guys often present this factoid in a way that sounds kind of like you're talking down to the person. The thought has popped into my head many times when I see this kind of response on here. Because the admins do it the other forum users often copy this type of response. So to those who make the honest mistake of not checking the front page of the site every day, who might see something on here that was updated a day or two ago on the front page but didn't see it yet, then that kind of response may come off kind of passive aggressive.

I mean this in a non-disrespectful way. I'm merely pointing out what I see here and have seen here for a long time. You know this happened to me once and I got the, "hey you know we have a website right?" kind of response. As someone who was kind of new here and didn't devote as much time as many others posting it makes you feel kind of like you're being made fun of, like you were too dumb to know to look on the front page. At least in my example, it was me missing an update that had happened a few days ago.

I've always felt like a friendlier approach like, just... "Hey, yeah the site was updated if you missed it" would come across far better. I get that this type of response is probably bred from many who just were too lazy to check or whatever but for those who it doesn't apply to it comes off as off putting and like you're being ridiculed in front of the community. Like being called out in front of the classroom.

I just felt like I should point it out. I won't stray any further off topic. I love this website, but sometimes you guys give off a vibe of superiority however unintentional it may be. Again, love the site and all you guys do!

User avatar
shinmaru
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 839
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:41 am
Location: Amsterdam
Contact:

Re: Official Announcement Thread & Discussion

Post by shinmaru » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:32 am

I think it says something about tomorrow broacasting a 30 sec preview.

Super Twitter message
「ドラゴンボール超」放送開始まであと9日!明後日6/28(日)放送の「改」最終回では「ドラゴンボール超」予告30秒バージョンが初オンエア!お見逃しなく!(S)
※地域によって放送日・時間が異なります

User avatar
Doctor.
Banned
Posts: 10558
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:02 am
Location: Portugal

Re: Official Announcement Thread & Discussion

Post by Doctor. » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:36 am

shinmaru wrote:I think it says something about tomorrow we get a 30 sec preview.
「ドラゴンボール超」放送開始まであと9日!明後日6/28(日)放送の「改」最終回では「ドラゴンボール超」予告30秒バージョンが初オンエア!お見逃しなく!(S)
※地域によって放送日・時間が異なります
It's Sunday. The site has already been updated with that info.

Kinda ironic, heh :P

User avatar
UpFromTheSkies
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1723
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:05 pm

Re: Official Announcement Thread & Discussion

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:50 am

This is a long shot, but looking at the figure on the right, it kind of looks like he has two horns and ears sticking out, maybe it's a grown up Fu?

Image

Image

User avatar
shinmaru
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 839
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:41 am
Location: Amsterdam
Contact:

Re: Official Announcement Thread & Discussion

Post by shinmaru » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:50 am

Doctor. wrote:
shinmaru wrote:I think it says something about tomorrow we get a 30 sec preview.
「ドラゴンボール超」放送開始まであと9日!明後日6/28(日)放送の「改」最終回では「ドラゴンボール超」予告30秒バージョンが初オンエア!お見逃しなく!(S)
※地域によって放送日・時間が異なります
It's Sunday. The site has already been updated with that info.

Kinda ironically, heh :P
Kwaa! Stupid of me I should have checked the site first, sorry

User avatar
Weedity
Newbie
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:30 am
Location: New Jersey

Re: Official Announcement Thread & Discussion

Post by Weedity » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:57 am

bleed0range wrote:
VegettoEX wrote:
pacz360 wrote:Well sorry man just didn't know about the guidebook
You don't have to apologize - honestly or sarcastically, can't tell here - about anything. It's simply that lots of people get trapped thinking all there is here is a forum, and tend to forget this is a full website that extensively covers and documents things. You can always stay up-to-date with essentially everything there is to know! Everything is categorized and tagged for convenience. We gots it alls.
I think his reply comes from the fact that you guys often present this factoid in a way that sounds kind of like you're talking down to the person. The thought has popped into my head many times when I see this kind of response on here. Because the admins do it the other forum users often copy this type of response. So to those who make the honest mistake of not checking the front page of the site every day, who might see something on here that was updated a day or two ago on the front page but didn't see it yet, then that kind of response may come off kind of passive aggressive.

I mean this in a non-disrespectful way. I'm merely pointing out what I see here and have seen here for a long time. You know this happened to me once and I got the, "hey you know we have a website right?" kind of response. As someone who was kind of new here and didn't devote as much time as many others posting it makes you feel kind of like you're being made fun of, like you were too dumb to know to look on the front page. At least in my example, it was me missing an update that had happened a few days ago.

I've always felt like a friendlier approach like, just... "Hey, yeah the site was updated if you missed it" would come across far better. I get that this type of response is probably bred from many who just were too lazy to check or whatever but for those who it doesn't apply to it comes off as off putting and like you're being ridiculed in front of the community. Like being called out in front of the classroom.

I just felt like I should point it out. I won't stray any further off topic. I love this website, but sometimes you guys give off a vibe of superiority however unintentional it may be. Again, love the site and all you guys do!
I know what you are talking about, but his comment totally didn't come off that way to me this time! Just saying.


So anyway, were getting a 30 second preview on Sunday?? Finally we get to see more! So excited! Hoping we can see a bit of Champa and female Whis! :crazy: :P

User avatar
Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10275
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:22 pm
Location: Atlantis.

Re: Official Announcement Thread & Discussion

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:05 am

Kind of makes sense, since there will be no NEP for Kai instead we get a FEP for Super. Probably include stuff already shown in the Manga but a week to go and we'll have a full episode :)

User avatar
SansrivaaL
I Live Here
Posts: 3757
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:29 pm
Location: Earth

Re: Official Announcement Thread & Discussion

Post by SansrivaaL » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:17 am

Yay a 30sec trailer this sunday!!!! :thumbup: hopefully we get to see Shanpa and Femawhis.

User avatar
shinmaru
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 839
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:41 am
Location: Amsterdam
Contact:

Re: Official Announcement Thread & Discussion

Post by shinmaru » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:19 am

UpFromTheSkies wrote:This is a long shot, but looking at the figure on the right, it kind of looks like he has two horns and ears sticking out, maybe it's a grown up Fu?

Image

Image
Yeah he does but it can be anyone because Toriyama character design's resemble another.Maybe he is a Freeza type from another univers. we'll find out soon.
Last edited by shinmaru on Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 20941
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:20 pm
Location: A temple on a giant tree
Contact:

Re: Official Announcement Thread & Discussion

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:24 am

I wonder if we're gonna get a brief glimpse of Fat Beerus or Fem Whis in the new trailer on Sunday. Worst case scenario, they recycle footage from the previous 15 second trailer.

User avatar
Chuquita
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 15035
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2004 2:16 am
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: Official Announcement Thread & Discussion

Post by Chuquita » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:38 am

I think we'll at least get Bulma and Vegeta since they have finished bits of them on the guidebook cover.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

User avatar
Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 20941
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:20 pm
Location: A temple on a giant tree
Contact:

Re: Official Announcement Thread & Discussion

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:43 am

Chuquita wrote:I think we'll at least get Bulma and Vegeta since they have finished bits of them on the guidebook cover.
I wonder what kind of shenanigans those two will be up to. BOG and the 2008 OVA proved they can have fantastic chemistry. So I have to wonder what Dragon Ball Super will provide them. :)

User avatar
ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5711
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:03 am

Re: Official Announcement Thread & Discussion

Post by ArchedThunder » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:43 am

Lord Beerus wrote:I wonder if we're gonna get a brief glimpse of Fat Beerus or Fem Whis in the new trailer on Sunday. Worst case scenario, they recycle footage from the previous 15 second trailer.
Wasn't the previous one the short version? I assumed what we're getting now is going to be that same one plus another 15 seconds.

User avatar
Ajay
Moderator
Posts: 6124
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 6:15 pm
Location: Surrey, UK
Contact:

Re: Official Announcement Thread & Discussion

Post by Ajay » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:46 am

Kei17 just posted some shots from the 30 second preview to be shown after Kai's final episode:

Image
Image
Image

Waiting on a reply on where he found these, however. Hopefully he checks in here soon and gives us the details.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

User avatar
SansrivaaL
I Live Here
Posts: 3757
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:29 pm
Location: Earth

Re: Official Announcement Thread & Discussion

Post by SansrivaaL » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:48 am

AjayLikesGaming wrote:Kei17 just posted some shots from the 30 second preview to be shown after Kai's final episode:

Image
Image
Image

Waiting on a reply on where he found these, however. Hopefully he checks in here soon and gives us the details.
OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!! Shanpa chan and FemaWhis chan!!! and WTH is Goku doing.... :lol: :lol:

User avatar
soulnova
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1376
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:45 pm
Location: Mexico
Contact:

Re: Official Announcement Thread & Discussion

Post by soulnova » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:51 am

OH WOW

Close up of Lady Whis!! YAY!!! :D

And just as I thought Champa and Beerus have some kind of rivalry going on.


Goku training at Kaio's, so this is after the farming scene.
Check out Journey's End, a short story of Goku and Vegeta's final days. "Time is running out for the last two Saiyans"

Post Reply