"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sayian_nation_
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Official Announcement Thread & Discussion

Post by sayian_nation_ » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:04 am

My guess is Beerus has a faster metabolism then Champa.

funrush
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by funrush » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:01 am

Champa exists either to flesh out the BoG arc, or to set up the Universe 6 arc, and from what we've seen out of Super I'm kind of willing to bet the latter. As for who he is, in my opinion it comes down to either him being an AU Beerus, or being the God of Creation. Champa's Whis equivalent could be the person set to train Gods of Creation, like how Whis is to train Gods of Destruction. Beerus wakes up, blows up some planets, Champa wakes up, makes some planets. Naturally they may not get along the greatest, which is why they're kind of at each other in that promo.

Ushabtis
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ushabtis » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:13 am

but Chumpa looks much eviler than Beerus, in terms of design. Be really weird to think the evil looking guy is the creation god. :think:

But I'm hoping he has something to do with Universe 6. wouldn't mind some foreshadowing of him earlier in the series, like how he was in the most recent chapter of Super manga, there but we don't know why.
Jaco the Super Elite with The Great Saiyaman fighting crime for a spin-off series. Make it happen Toriyama

MaGyunia
Regular

Post by MaGyunia » Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:27 am

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand, back on track, new episode today. Goddamn it, that last week without one produced much more serious consequences in me than I could ever expect. It's good to be back on the routine. Hyped to see those hardly-outlined parts of Pilaf and Beerus and the latter's arrival on Kaiou-sama's planet. I wonder how different (or how exactly the same) the interactions and lines will be between him and Kaiou-sama, between Kaiou-sama and Goku, and finally between Beerus and Goku, leading up to their fight. Can't wait to see the series' version of Goku getting KO'd, and I do hope that they stretch they fight just a little bit longer (in the movie it takes less than a minute for Goku to be rendered unconscious counting from the moment he first charges against Beerus, it should take a minute and a half in the fifth episode). :D

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:15 pm

funrush wrote:Champa exists either to flesh out the BoG arc, or to set up the Universe 6 arc, and from what we've seen out of Super I'm kind of willing to bet the latter. As for who he is, in my opinion it comes down to either him being an AU Beerus, or being the God of Creation. Champa's Whis equivalent could be the person set to train Gods of Creation, like how Whis is to train Gods of Destruction. Beerus wakes up, blows up some planets, Champa wakes up, makes some planets. Naturally they may not get along the greatest, which is why they're kind of at each other in that promo.
The Kaioushins are the Gods of Creation and if Champa was alternate-universe Beers, he'd still be called Beers.

Really don't know why people are still thinking that the other Universes are different versions of the 7th one, we have enough evidence to say otherwise...

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:16 pm

MaGyunia wrote:Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand, back on track, new episode today. Goddamn it, that last week without one produced much more serious consequences in me than I could ever expect. It's good to be back on the routine. Hyped to see those hardly-outlined parts of Pilaf and Beerus and the latter's arrival on Kaiou-sama's planet. I wonder how different (or how exactly the same) the interactions and lines will be between him and Kaiou-sama, between Kaiou-sama and Goku, and finally between Beerus and Goku, leading up to their fight. Can't wait to see the series' version of Goku getting KO'd, and I do hope that they stretch they fight just a little bit longer (in the movie it takes less than a minute for Goku to be rendered unconscious counting from the moment he first charges against Beerus, it should take a minute and a half in the fifth episode). :D
With all the Resurrection "F" news that dropped in the week without Super it made me completely forget about it so it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be :P Anyway I honestly don't want them to stretch out what happened on King Kai's planet, I think it was perfect in BoG and not one of the things that needed fleshed out (perhaps have Goku charge Beerus in all 3 forms like in the Manga). I hope the flesh out the Earth stuff before Goku arrives, for example more Beerus break dancing and an actual scene where Piccolo is singing, much longer Z fighters vs Beerus sequence etc. The SSG vs Beerus fight also needs to be longer before Goku reverts back, the form went way to quick in BoG and all Goku did in that form was getting his ass kicked it.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:17 pm

Wasn't it mentioned that Beerus is the strongest god of destruction of his universe, implying that there are more than one? Or was this a subtitle error?
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:34 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:Wasn't it mentioned that Beerus is the strongest god of destruction of his universe, implying that there are more than one? Or was this a subtitle error?
I don't think it implies anything. To me I think it just a typical way to make Beerus sound powerful and intimidating, there must of obviously been prior Gods of Destruction so I think they were alluding to that, for example if someone were to describe Perfect Cell they'd probably call him the strongest android even though no androids were around once he became Perfect.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:35 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
MaGyunia wrote:Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand, back on track, new episode today. Goddamn it, that last week without one produced much more serious consequences in me than I could ever expect. It's good to be back on the routine. Hyped to see those hardly-outlined parts of Pilaf and Beerus and the latter's arrival on Kaiou-sama's planet. I wonder how different (or how exactly the same) the interactions and lines will be between him and Kaiou-sama, between Kaiou-sama and Goku, and finally between Beerus and Goku, leading up to their fight. Can't wait to see the series' version of Goku getting KO'd, and I do hope that they stretch they fight just a little bit longer (in the movie it takes less than a minute for Goku to be rendered unconscious counting from the moment he first charges against Beerus, it should take a minute and a half in the fifth episode). :D
With all the Resurrection "F" news that dropped in the week without Super it made me completely forget about it so it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be :P Anyway I honestly don't want them to stretch out what happened on King Kai's planet, I think it was perfect in BoG and not one of the things that needed fleshed out (perhaps have Goku charge Beerus in all 3 forms like in the Manga). I hope the flesh out the Earth stuff before Goku arrives, for example more Beerus break dancing and an actual scene where Piccolo is singing, much longer Z fighters vs Beerus sequence etc. The SSG vs Beerus fight also needs to be longer before Goku reverts back, the form went way to quick in BoG and all Goku did in that form was getting his ass kicked it.
I forgot all about Piccolo singing!! Man I hope we get that animated, but since we didn't really get much animation on choochoo Vegeta my hopes aren't that high. I also want more ssjg Gokû because of course I do. (´• ω •`)

I hope they import break dancing Beerus in addition to adding to it. That animation was so smooth.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:11 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
fadeddreams5 wrote:Wasn't it mentioned that Beerus is the strongest god of destruction of his universe, implying that there are more than one? Or was this a subtitle error?
I don't think it implies anything. To me I think it just a typical way to make Beerus sound powerful and intimidating, there must of obviously been prior Gods of Destruction so I think they were alluding to that, for example if someone were to describe Perfect Cell they'd probably call him the strongest android even though no androids were around once he became Perfect.
If Cell was called the strongest android, they'd be comparing him to the ones they've fought on Earth. One planet.

Unless that was a subtitle error, and they meant to say he's the strongest god of destruction to ever exist in that universe (referring to those of the past), that line does imply there are more in the present time.

Mind you, I'm not fond of that idea. I prefer the thought of Champa coming from one of the other universes.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:52 pm

This translation isn't the best, but it's usually reliable. There's no other translation available for now, so until MofoGoku translates it or Herms has the raws, then we won't know until the episode actually drops. Regardless, I don't think it's a mistranslation. We've never had concrete proof that only one God existed per universe, and if there are multiple Gods of Creation, multiple Gods of Destruction should exist as well. Champa also says he *just* awoke, so why would he be in universe 7 and not in universe 6? Finally, in Battle of Gods, Beerus implies that he knows nothing about the other universes, so unless that little part is changed, it doesn't make sense for him to say that when he knows of a supposed God of the 6th Universe.

MaGyunia
Regular

Post by MaGyunia » Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:22 pm

Again, multiple hypothesis, but the strongest ones are:
- Either Champa is a long-time rival of Beerus who competed with him for the position of Hakaishin for the 7th Universe and wants revenge on him (along the lines of Garlic Jr. against Kami)
- Or Champa is the Hakaishin of the 6th Universe (which is a strong possibility, as we'll be exploring that same Universe and Champa not only has obvious physical resemblances to Beerus, but also his own attendant, exactly like Beerus has Whis)

I just hope they don't turn Champa into the main villain in DBSuper. He obviously shares some degree of animosity/friendly rivalry with Beerus, but that should be it. He won't be neither good nor evil, just like Beerus, and he won't take sides, just like Beerus (except, for some reason, against Beerus himself, in order to get some sort of revenge on him). Sharing such a strong resemblance to Beerus, and given his physical appearance, he's just too likeable a character to be the main villain in the series. I want psychotic, maniacal evil screwed-up maniacs as villains like we had them throughout the later stages of DB and DBZ, not cats who, despite their unbelievable power, have no intention to torture or conquer others in a sadistic/narcissistic manner, going around experiencing food and displaying comic traits, which we've already seen in Beerus in numerous instances.

By the way, I didn't say I wanted them to stretch the Super Saiya-jin 3 Goku vs Beerus on Kaiou-sama's planet by too much, just a little bit longer. Beerus getting Goku KO'd easily and quickly should be maintained, as it's a fundamental part of showing just how much of a gap there is between their powers at that stage.

I'd also like, and I'm pretty sure we'll get it, longer versions of Piccolo's, #18's, Tenshinhan's, Gotenks', Gohan's and Vegeta's attempts on Beerus. Vegeta did get his second shot after he lost it over Bulma, but all of them were dispatched with one blow. Just too quickly. Let's have some more awesome fighting, please.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:28 pm

They originally did plan battles for the rest of the cast vs Beerus that got cut for time. Now that we have time maybe we'll get them back.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

MaGyunia
Regular

Post by MaGyunia » Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:22 pm

I feel the relief and utter bliss of watching the minutes drawing inexorably closer and closer to another episode after two weeks stuck with over-discussing a number of issues without actually getting an episode to put forth our thoughts about.

Goddamn it, this experience never gets old, never thought that at 32 years of age in 2015 we'd all be watching a new episode from an entirely new Dragonball series at the same time all over the world every weekend. It's really hard to express how this atmosphere feels, and it hasn't changed a bit so far ever since the series debuted.

Abel Taylor
Beyond Newbie

Post by Abel Taylor » Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:30 pm

MaGyunia wrote:I feel the relief and utter bliss of watching the minutes drawing inexorably closer and closer to another episode after two weeks stuck with over-discussing a number of issues without actually getting an episode to put forth our thoughts about.

Goddamn it, this experience never gets old, never thought that at 32 years of age in 2015 we'd all be watching a new episode from an entirely new Dragonball series at the same time all over the world every weekend. It's really hard to express how this atmosphere feels, and it hasn't changed a bit so far ever since the series debuted.
It'll feel all the better when we get to the Universe 6 arc with an entirely new story. Vegeta's going to have a fit that he's no longer Goku's only rival.
Hi! My name's Abel, and I'm pretty awesome.
VegettoEX wrote: Abel is pretty awesome.
SaiyaJedi wrote: Abel is the best contributor to this forum ever! He's the true Julian #1
Herms wrote: Abel is so awesome that I forgot how to speak Japanese.

MaGyunia
Regular

Post by MaGyunia » Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:34 pm

Yeah, if we get this hyped at events and characters we've already been introduced to in BoG almost in the same exact circumstances, imagine witnessing entirely unexplored and new events, fights and villains some 20/22 episodes from now.

Anyway, 23 minutes to go.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:41 pm

Abel Taylor wrote:
MaGyunia wrote:I feel the relief and utter bliss of watching the minutes drawing inexorably closer and closer to another episode after two weeks stuck with over-discussing a number of issues without actually getting an episode to put forth our thoughts about.

It'll feel all the better when we get to the Universe 6 arc with an entirely new story. Vegeta's going to have a fit that he's no longer Goku's only rival.
That I can't wait for. \( ̄▽ ̄)/
After all, 'No one can defeat Kakarrotto except' him. X3
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

MaGyunia
Regular

Post by MaGyunia » Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:49 pm

The amount of rivals to Goku who "stepped over" Vegeta's rivalry with Kakarotto throughout the Jinzouningen, Cell and Majin Buu arcs, not to mention the (non-canon) movies is so great that I think he's well over the fact that he's not the only one after him. Besides, by this time it's not really being after him, it's leaning more towards a friendly rivalry than towards a bitter desire for killing him. He's basically back to the whole "I'll surpass you, Kakarotto", "I'll show you, Kakarotto", "I'll be above all in the entire Universe" routine. And that's good for him, for the good guys and for the series altogether. Although his pride has caused him some bitter defeats and unpleasant moments in the past, it's also his not-so-healthy obsession to surpass Kakarotto that always helped him to push over his limits and reach new stages of power. Add to that the fact that he's a gifted, fighting genius with a huge ego and the fact that he's a pure Saiya-jin fighting maniac, and you've got Vegeta.

Vegeta teaming up with/helping others tossing his pride aside for a minute is not a new thing at all. He did it to help Gohan defeat Cell once and for all, he did it during the Majin Buu arc, he did it in BoG. It's a good thing he's regressed and is bent on surpassing everyone again (especially Kakarotto).

shinmaru
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shinmaru » Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:45 pm

Masako Nozawa blueberry CM https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWdr-bNsnx4 aired during today's episode commercial break

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:46 pm

shinmaru wrote:Masako Nozawa Medicine CM https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWdr-bNsnx4 aired during today's episode commercial break
That has aired since episode 1.