"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

JulieYBM
Namekian Warrior

Re: Official Announcement Thread & Discussion

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:19 pm

Camera angles that hide a character's expression are most often used...to hide the characters expression. Mikami and Shida probably chose that layout to withhold the exact measure of Vegeta's emotions to build tension and leave the audience to wonder what his face looks like. The unknown if often times more powerful than the known, after all.
She/Her | Popsicle Princess

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:34 pm

TheGmGoken wrote: The trailers for RoF implied that it was a Vegeta movie with Vegeta actually saving the day.

Until we saw the movie.
Him saving the day is probably being saved for super...I hope.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:57 pm

sintzu wrote:
TheGmGoken wrote: The trailers for RoF implied that it was a Vegeta movie with Vegeta actually saving the day.

Until we saw the movie.
Him saving the day is probably being saved for super...I hope.
I doubt that, the whole rewinding time was a major plot point in the film to showcase how bad Goku messed up and giving him a second opportunity to correct things they're most likely going to stick with it in Super, making Vegeta finish of Freeza would go against everything the film tried to do, which is to show how bad Goku can mess up if he doesn't sort out his weakness if they let Vegeta finish off Freeza there is no consequence for Goku and he would probably not have learned anything whereas seeing the Earth blow up in front him truly shows what an idiot Goku was by not killing Freeza asap.

Neon Z
Advanced Regular

Post by Neon Z » Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:33 pm

TheGmGoken wrote:
sintzu wrote:
bleed0range wrote:Why do so many people think Vegeta is possibly going to go SSJ3?!
Because the preview shows him powering up with the camera behind his back and it didn't show any part of his fight so they're obviously hiding something.
The trailers for RoF implied that it was a Vegeta movie with Vegeta actually saving the day.

Until we saw the movie.
No, the trailers for RoF implied that Vegeta would join up with Freeza and betray Goku. They played Freeza's lines telling Vegeta to work for him again, alongside Vegeta's line about how Goku is a fool, while showing Vegeta standing next to the wounded Goku. People were just speculating that it was misdirection and that Vegeta would actually be the hero. It was misdirection in the end, but the common speculation turned out to be wrong too.

Hellspawn28
Namekian Warrior

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:06 pm

I don't want Vegeta to go SSj3 since he is likely going to use it once in the show. I don't like it when they are going to do something special and never do it again. We all know Vegeta is going to become a SSjG soon.
PS4 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
MAL Profile: http://myanimelist.net/profile/Hellspawn28
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/GS27/

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:09 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:I don't want Vegeta to go SSj3 since he is likely going to use it once in the show.
It'll still be an epic moment regardless.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:16 pm

sintzu wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:I don't want Vegeta to go SSj3 since he is likely going to use it once in the show.
It'll still be an epic moment regardless.
I think that is why they didn't show anything, for the people who haven't seen BoG it is a nice surprise for them. That or the fight actually starts in the next ep and Ep 7 is just everyone else vs Beerus. (The way they dragged out the fight with Goku this does seem very possible).

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:26 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote: I think that is why they didn't show anything, for the people who haven't seen BoG it is a nice surprise for them. That or the fight actually starts in the next ep and Ep 7 is just everyone else vs Beerus. (The way they dragged out the fight with Goku this does seem very possible).
Hopefully that's not why cause one episode is enough for both,the 1st half for the z fighters and the 2nd half for Vegeta.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:22 pm

Maybe I'm just having high expectations... But I really want to see SSJ3 Vegeta, my reasons are:

- SSJ3 Vegeta is more coherent to surpass Goku for a while than just like SSJ2

- Transforming into a SSJ3 make Vegeta have achieved all SSJ transformations to the date, without skip anyone

- SSJ3 Vegeta will not be a game-exclusive thing and now will be indeed canon
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:29 pm

Noah wrote:- SSJ3 Vegeta will not be a game-exclusive thing and now will be indeed canon
I really don't think it will happen, but, oddly, this is honestly the reason I could see them doing it. Not so much because "canon" matters, but from a merchandising standpoint, it could open them up to make more products of the form and more people may be willing to buy them if it's not just something from a video game.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:12 pm

I think ssj3 Vegeta's gonna happen next week, but I was also near certain we were getting Bingo Dance 2 out of him and that didn't happen (which is fine, because it led to actual "Vegeta-sama's Cooking Hell", and I like having a second source that says Vegeta knows how to cook, so) I have no way of knowing.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Ushabtis
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ushabtis » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:15 pm

-SSJ 3 Vegeta
can't say I'd complain if it happened. he's had SSJ 3 form in tons of games might as well go the extra inch and make it in anime form.
Jaco the Super Elite with The Great Saiyaman fighting crime for a spin-off series. Make it happen Toriyama

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:36 am

In my opinion Vegeta looks hella ugly in SS3 from which is why I am hoping he doesn't transform it looks doubtful since they referred to it as mutation and not transformation in the episode title.

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:08 am

Concerning Super Saiya-jin God Super Saiya-jin:

Dokkan Battle is having a Story Event of Kami to Kami, in which they have manga-style cutscenes for each stage. It goes through the beginning of the movie until the end, mainly in Beers' perspective. They added some new stages recently, which shifted the perspective to God Goku and they had a stage set after the battle with Beers.

Image Image

Basically, Whis is saying that Goku absorbed the power of God and made it his own and that if he trains in that state and turns Super Saiya-jin, he will get stronger. Goku then says it's like "the Super Saiya-jin of a Saiya-jin with the power of Saiya-jin God", to which Whis replies it's kinda complicated and suggests the name Super Saiya-jin God Super Saiya-jin.

Now, I know this is more or less what Goku says in Fukkatsu no F but, while making a little more clear what SSGSS is, I wonder if this little scene with Whis is something that will appear in Super.
Last edited by alakazam^ on Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:21 am

So apparently a calendar for next year is coming of DB Super

Would be nice if someone could get it and see inside. Maybe some new characters might be shown.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Captain Space
I'm pretty cozy, here...

Post by Captain Space » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:23 am

KentalSSJ6 wrote:So apparently a calendar for next year is coming of DB Super

[image]
Oh hey, girl-Whis finally shows an emotion XD
"Actually I didn’t know what Bulma’s real hair color was" --Toriyama

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:30 am

[img]http://orig10.deviantart.net/05c7/f/201 ... mt.jpg[img]

Would be nice if someone could get it and see inside. Maybe some new characters might be shown.
I doubt much of importance would be in the calendar, but it's nice to see that Vegeta and Goku will still get those outfits in the F arc.
I imagine most of the images will only contain characters from the BoG and F arcs.

So where is this image from? Is this an image released to tease the calendar? Any idea when it's coming out?

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:30 am

May sound like a stupid question to ask, but those are the Super Dragon Balls in the background of the poster, right?

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:40 am

Lord Beerus wrote:
May sound like a stupid question to ask, but those are the Super Dragon Balls in the background of the poster, right?
We can't know that, but they are supposed to be gigantic, so they aren't drawn to scale here, if it's supposed to be them(plus they might be numbered differently like the 9 one on the front cover of Super Chapter 1).

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:56 am

Yay F outfits!!

I really like those outfits; can't wait to see how they get them.

I wonder if one of these illustrations will be Chef Vegeta. I hope so. :3
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!