"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by HeroR » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:37 am

Xeogran wrote:
emperior wrote:U6 being brought back
It truly annoys me how people think U6 are special snowflakes and will be the only Universe brought back.

What the heck is with that logic :thumbdown:
Because that is the only universe U7 gives a damn about. Like Vegeta never said he wanted to bring back the multiverse and Goku mused about wishing for something for his family.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

shadd21
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by shadd21 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:24 am

There ain't no way their going wish back U6 and let Gowasu, and U11 stay erased, and if they get wished back then odds are all of the universes will be wished back as well.

TheOtherDude
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheOtherDude » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:58 am

ZenkaiBoosts wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:
ZenkaiBoosts wrote: Mastered UI Goku (appearing from the tournament of power arc) is now pop culture.
What are you even on about? the closest to "pop culture" UI has gotten is the meme.
What am I on about? Thats rude. Read my entire post and that's something you won't need to ask.

Yes it's pop culture. Maybe get outside your own personal bubble? Very rarely do viral videos even reach a massive number like 20 million views. If you take all the popular videos on MUI Goku and add the views it's an astronomical number. It even being a meme is proof enough of what I said.

Why argue with me? So you agree with the other poster who said that Super will be forgotten instantly when it ends? You dont think Super introduced many things to the table that will become iconic?
Having a conversation with you is extremely difficult. You only rant on about Goku and dismiss anyone who has a different opinion than you. You’ll brush them off and just have a bunch of unecessary posts about it. You’re always right and everyone else is wrong.

Most people on here don’t really enjoy seeing fan boy posts all the time.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:19 am

From Herms:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Kanassa wrote:
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:43 am

HeroR wrote:From Herms:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
These aren’t exactly “spoilers” you know.

Also! from Herms, Beerus says Ultra Instinct Goku might be even stronger than him! As if there was any doubt. Lmfao!

https://mobile.twitter.com/Herms98/stat ... 4601154560

Also, “MIGHT” is this guy even serious!??? He would get SLAUGHTERED by an actual Ultra Instinct user. Never mind even GOKU of all beings! Lol

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:29 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Also! from Herms, Beerus says Ultra Instinct Goku might be even stronger than him! As if there was any doubt. Lmfao!

Also, “MIGHT” is this guy even serious!??? He would get SLAUGHTERED by an actual Ultra Instinct user. Never mind even GOKU of all beings! Lol
I wouldn't be surprised if Beerus is still light years ahead of Goku, regardless of how little sense it would make. He fought Red Goku with 70% of his power yet somehow was still stronger than Blue, Kaioken Blue and UI Omen Goku.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:40 am

sintzu wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

I wouldn't be surprised if Beerus is still light years ahead of Goku, regardless of how little sense it would make. He fought Red Goku with 70% of his power yet somehow was still stronger than Blue, Kaioken Blue and UI Omen Goku.
70% was only in the movie. In the retelling, Beerus didn't give a percentage and Whis confirmed that he was lying about using his full power against Goku.
Kanassa wrote:

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:04 am

HeroR wrote:70% was only in the movie. In the retelling, Beerus didn't give a percentage...
It doesn't matter, even if the number isn't accurate we still have an idea about where they were compared to each other. Even if you don't use any number at all, Goku still put up a fight yet somehow was still weaker with the forms I mentioned.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:05 am

sintzu wrote:
HeroR wrote:70% was only in the movie. In the retelling, Beerus didn't give a percentage...
It doesn't matter, even if the number isn't accurate we still have an idea about where they were compared to each other. Even if you don't use any number at all, Goku still put up a fight yet somehow was still weaker with the forms I mentioned.
We actually don't since Super never gave a hint. All we have is an outdated movie that isn't even canon to super. And Goku only put up a fight since Beerus was dicking with him.
Kanassa wrote:

Pannaliciour
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Pannaliciour » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:08 am

It is Beerus ego speaking (might). Dont worry he is stronger. Even Beerus didn't master Mui. And besides all the GoD stood up. They wouldn't do that if he accomplished MUI but had a power level of Yamcha (lol)

Birusu16
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Birusu16 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:45 am

Pannaliciour wrote:It is Beerus ego speaking (might). Dont worry he is stronger. Even Beerus didn't master Mui. And besides all the GoD stood up. They wouldn't do that if he accomplished MUI but had a power level of Yamcha (lol)
Except it's not. If it was his ego speaking then he'd flat out deny MUI Goku is stronger at all. This just makes it clear that while MUI Goku has surpassed Beerus, he's certainly not far above him. They were never gonna have Goku reach a point where he could utterly stomp Beerus, so this isn't remotely surprising at all.

Nevaeh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nevaeh » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:47 am

Unless there's a cliffhanger I don't see Frieza amounting to anything. Plans for him probably got scrapped now that the series is ending

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:18 am

Birusu16 wrote:
Pannaliciour wrote:It is Beerus ego speaking (might). Dont worry he is stronger. Even Beerus didn't master Mui. And besides all the GoD stood up. They wouldn't do that if he accomplished MUI but had a power level of Yamcha (lol)
Except it's not. If it was his ego speaking then he'd flat out deny MUI Goku is stronger at all. This just makes it clear that while MUI Goku has surpassed Beerus, he's certainly not far above him. They were never gonna have Goku reach a point where he could utterly stomp Beerus, so this isn't remotely surprising at all.
There is a lot of assumption here, especially since Goku could be way stronger than Beerus, but Beerus too prideful to fully admit it, so he says 'could be'.
Kanassa wrote:

Birusu16
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Birusu16 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:22 am

HeroR wrote:
Birusu16 wrote:
There is a lot of assumption here, especially since Goku could be way stronger than Beerus, but Beerus too prideful to fully admit it, so he says 'could be'.
The assumption is coming from you, not me lol. The statement from Beerus is that MUI Goku "might be stronger than him." That's it. I'm not going to believe an assumption with no basis such as Beerus downplaying MUI Goku because he's too prideful.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:25 am

Birusu16 wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Birusu16 wrote:
The assumption is coming from you, not me lol. The statement from Beerus is that MUI Goku "might be stronger than him." That's it. I'm not going to believe an assumption with no basis such as Beerus downplaying MUI Goku because he's too prideful.
Except I clearly said 'could'. You're the one saying that Beerus wouldn't let ego hamper his words, which is a bit of assumption.
Kanassa wrote:

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:28 am

how Long till people stop denying current goku > the gods now? It also means that FP jiren isn’t stronger than beerus, he is Most likely just as strong. Damn, I can’t wait for this episode to drop.

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:29 am

Meant to say “if jiren isn’t stronger, he mostlikely is as a strong as beerus”

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:32 am

Kenneth La Torre wrote:Meant to say “if jiren isn’t stronger, he mostlikely is as a strong as beerus”
People like the spit hairs with Beerus. Not helped by the manga, and even the manga showed that despite Beerus being able to dodge well, he still got messed up by the other Gods of Destruction, showing that there isn't a huge power different between them. I mean, for wank, if Beerus was a 10, then the 'weakest' god would be a 9 or something.
Kanassa wrote:

Birusu16
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Birusu16 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:32 am

HeroR wrote:
Birusu16 wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Except I clearly said 'could'. You're the one saying that Beerus wouldn't let ego hamper his words, which is a bit of assumption.
That is an assumption on my part, but it does have a bit of precedence. Whenever a comparison comes up between Beerus and Goku/Vegeta he's always the first to completely deny that they're even close to him in power. That's why I believe it isn't his ego talking here because he's not flat out denying that MUI Goku exceeds him. He's saying it's possible he "might" exceed him.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:38 am

Birusu16 wrote:
That is an assumption on my part, but it does have a bit of precedence. Whenever a comparison comes up between Beerus and Goku/Vegeta he's always the first to completely deny that they're even close to him in power. That's why I believe it isn't his ego talking here because he's not flat out denying that MUI Goku exceeds him. He's saying it's possible he "might" exceed him.
In other words, Beerus will downplay like he did against Blue Kaioken. Yes, Beerus was still vastly stronger than Blue Kaioken, but he tried to downplay that he wasn't worried about it. So it is possible that UI Goku is vastly stronger than Beerus, he won't say 'Goku is way stronger than me', instead he would try to save face.

Not saying that is what is happening since we won't know for sure until the episode actually airs, but it is a possibility given Beerus' character.
Kanassa wrote: