"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sintzu
Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by sintzu » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:57 am

Grimlock wrote:That's because unlike everyone else (except Freeza? I don't remember), Vegeta hadn't got an episode dedicated to him so far. He's getting it now, and since he's the deuteragonist of the series, obviously one episode wouldn't be enough and obviously he wouldn't be a goner now. It's time for him to shine in this saga.

Who knows?

It doesn't make sense (now anyway) for blue to have that aura so maybe it's just a placeholder for UI.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Mercenary
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mercenary » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:12 am

Kishido wrote:Where was it said that Vegeta will figt Toppo again?

Nowhere. Just people making assumptions. He will just [spoiler]surpass the power of gods or stuff like this.[/spoiler]

Mercenary
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mercenary » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:15 am

sintzu wrote:
Mercenary wrote:
sintzu wrote:
I think there's a good chance he'll leave during 126 but that's just 3-4 episodes before the tournament ends, not exactly "early". 122-126 (at least) is 5 episodes of him being front and center with Goku against the main villain (and maybe Toppo) as one of the last 8 or less fighters. That's extremely good and every fan of his should be celebrating it.

I would've liked to see him more active in the previous 30 episodes but this seems to be making up for that.
This or there's huge possibility that they wanna compensate Vegeta's lack of screentime and spotlight in this arc. He wasn't even involved in the recruitment episodes and in the TOP his feats weren't impressive at all.
Him not doing much at the start makes sense based on what we know now cause with him being heavily focused on at the end there's no need to take away screen time from the others who werent going to make it this far.
Yeah, you're actually right. I am just glad my boy Vegeta is getting some love.

ShinTenshin
Beyond Newbie

Post by ShinTenshin » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:34 am

This is my prédiction.
123 : Vegeta Beyond BLUE will be as strong as SSBLUE Kaioken.
C17 will lose against Toppo due to Gohan's big mistake.
Frieza will become Golden to follow Dyspo.
124 : Gohan will repear his fault, he'll help Frieza to beat Dyspo, taking his ennemy with him (The initial C17 strategy against Toppo).
125 : Toppo enraged will unleash Hakaishin power, he'll defeat Golden Frieza.
126 : With only 2 U7 fighters remaining, Vegeta will be forced to let Goku alone to fight Toppo.
Severely injured he'll unlock some UI power and defeat Toppo.
127 : Jiren let his power explode, beating weakened Vegeta, trying to eliminate Goku with his most powerfull attacks.
By this way, a shirtless Goku will attain full power UI.

The only thing that i'm not sure concerned C17, maybe he'll survive to Gohan's mistake until 125....

Super Saiyan God
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Super Saiyan God » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:04 am

ShinTenshin wrote:This is my prédiction.
123 : Vegeta Beyond BLUE will be as strong as SSBLUE Kaioken.
C17 will lose against Toppo due to Gohan's big mistake.
Frieza will become Golden to follow Dyspo.
124 : Gohan will repear his fault, he'll help Frieza to beat Dyspo, taking his ennemy with him (The initial C17 strategy against Toppo).
125 : Toppo enraged will unleash Hakaishin power, he'll defeat Golden Frieza.
126 : With only 2 U7 fighters remaining, Vegeta will be forced to let Goku alone to fight Toppo.
Severely injured he'll unlock some UI power and defeat Toppo.
127 : Jiren let his power explode, beating weakened Vegeta, trying to eliminate Goku with his most powerfull attacks.
By this way, a shirtless Goku will attain full power UI.

The only thing that i'm not sure concerned C17, maybe he'll survive to Gohan's mistake until 125....
I agree with you here at least Toppo will defeat Golden Frieza... However, i want to know that wont Grand Priest and zeno turned to main villain until episode 133? Because even if they so i dont think it will be defeated in 6 episodes

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:07 am

I believe Freeza will beat Dyspo by deceiving him. It seems like Jiren will fight against both Goku and Vegeta, Toppo will eliminate 17 and will be fighting both Gohan and Freeza. I also expect Gohan to be the one to finally unlock the true UI, if Vegeta achieves UI too next week.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:19 am

emperior wrote:I also expect Gohan to be the one to finally unlock the true UI,
Is this serious? Do you actually expect this? I genuinely want to know why you think so. Gohan does not have any UI foreshadowing. I can understand expecting a new form of some sort based on his comments before the tournament started, but I've seen nothing (official) suggesting that that'd be UI.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:24 am

Alruneia wrote:
emperior wrote:I also expect Gohan to be the one to finally unlock the true UI,
Is this serious? Do you actually expect this? I genuinely want to know why you think so. Gohan does not have any UI foreshadowing. I can understand expecting a new form of some sort based on his comments before the tournament started, but I've seen nothing (official) suggesting that that'd be UI.
He's been hyped a lot, and my assumption is that if Vegeta unlocks the offensive UI and Goku isn't able to master his UI furthermore, then it will be Gohan to achieve the completed thing. It's a very wild theory but hey, who knows with Super? I would prefer to see Gohan winning it through his smartness and by beating a Jiren weakened down by Goku and Vegeta, but considering Gohan's comments in episode 90 I believe he will get a power-up, as Goku and Vegeta are powering up too and Gohan is the one with most potential among the three.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:41 am

Well, Gohan and 17 are done for.

Episode 124: Gohan probably eliminated himself along with Dyspo, basically a draw.

Episode 125: Toppo bodies 17.

Episode 126: Vegeta eliminates Toppo with his new powerup.

Episode 127: Vegeta might get eliminated by Jiren and Goku gets mastered UI.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:56 am

Mercenary wrote:
Kishido wrote:Where was it said that Vegeta will figt Toppo again?

Nowhere. Just people making assumptions. He will just [spoiler]surpass the power of gods or stuff like this.[/spoiler]
I think it's because of the titles of 125-126 that people think they'll fight.
Mercenary wrote:I am just glad my boy Vegeta is getting some love.
We all are. Happy Vegeta day my friend. :mrgreen:
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

MainJPW
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MainJPW » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:11 am

MagmonKai wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/949799546598522880
Whoo boy. :lol:

Interesting that U6 was shown in the ending. U7 and U11 I get, but U6 was the only other universe shown. Hmmm.... :think:
Grimlock wrote:Any particular reason why Goku appeared for more frames than I could count as a "Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan 2"? :eh:
I think it was just off-model. He was back to normal a little bit later.

I'm thinking only U6 will be brought back or like the SDB can't rez all the universes.
I see U3 and 4 in there.

Birusu16
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Birusu16 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:11 am

I'm guessing episode 126 is about Toppo vs Vegeta. 125 talks about GoD Toppo and then 126 mentions Vegeta surpassing a God and using a life-risking move. I'm guessing he'll be the one to eliminate Toppo, which leaves me wondering what Gohan's going to do?

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:15 am

Birusu16 wrote:I'm guessing episode 126 is about Toppo vs Vegeta. 125 talks about GoD Toppo and then 126 mentions Vegeta surpassing a God and using a life-risking move. I'm guessing he'll be the one to eliminate Toppo, which leaves me wondering what Gohan's going to do?
Sitting on the spectators bench?

Kagari
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kagari » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:18 am

Personally, I don't see Vegeta leaving the Jiren fight. That's not really his ideal.

Birusu16
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Birusu16 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:21 am

Kagari wrote:Personally, I don't see Vegeta leaving the Jiren fight. That's not really his ideal.
I agree, but it seems odd that 125 would focus on Toppo and then we jump right back to Jiren vs Goku and Vegeta. Not to mention the wording of that title makes it sound like Vegeta fights a God since the title is saying "Surpass a God" and Jiren most certainly isn't one despite having the power of one. GoD Toppo would be though.
Last edited by Birusu16 on Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:22 am

Seems Vegeta isn't eliminated until February, I guess we won't be getting that much filler since the arc ends in March.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:25 am

It really SUCKS that Vegeta is getting his own thing. He needs to follow in Goku’s footsteps when it comes to actual forms/transformations/appearances blablabla. I want my BLACKHAIRED, base-resembling TRUE Ultra Instinct Form that we all know in love! Not just some stupid pseudo version of UI in SSJ Blue mode. That sucks.

Black>Blue>>>>>>>>>>>>>Yellow.

Kagari
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kagari » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:28 am

Birusu16 wrote:
Kagari wrote:Personally, I don't see Vegeta leaving the Jiren fight. That's not really his ideal.
I agree, but it seems odd that 125 would focus on Toppo and then we jump right back to Jiren vs Goku and Vegeta. Not to mention the wording of that title makes it sound like Vegeta fights a God since the title is saying "Surpass a God" and Jiren most certainly isn't one despite having the power of one. GoD Toppo would be though.
The Jiren fight is still ongoing in 124. Much like 122 they'll likely just cut between all the team members fighting.

Super Saiyan God
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Super Saiyan God » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:32 am

I just want to know that if they would make great priest and zeno villain in 5-6 episose?

Legion
Regular

Post by Legion » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:44 am

Yeah i think that Vegeta will fight Toppo in episode 126 since episode 125 summary referenced the advent of God of Destruction Toppo. And i disagree with people who say that Toppo will be strong as the current Gods. It does not work in this way, the Gods are trained by the angels for a reason.

We'll see anyway.