"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by majinwarman » Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:47 pm

wjbraden wrote:
emperior wrote:
wjbraden wrote:
Could you elaborate on this? Is Fuji TV changing their anime lineup or something?
Yes. Last year, on the 8th of April 2018, a Professor Layton anime started to air on Fuji TV in the 8:30 AM time slot.
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2 ... ut/.126795
“The announcement listed the series at 50 episodes with each a runtime of 30 minutes.“
It seems like the anime is scheduled to run for exactly 50 episodes, and the rumor is that once it will be over Kitaro will take its time slot to free up the 9:00 AM time slot for an eventual Dragon Ball Super show, which would take its old time slot as the lead-in to One Piece.
As far as I know, no anime has been announced to take Layton’s place, nor has it been announced that Layton is getting extended.

It’s entirely speculation, but from my part I’m like 99% sure Super will return this April. I was sure of Super ending last year once the speculation emerged, so maybe I will be right this time too. Well, I hope so, because I miss weekly Super.
Oh, I was unaware of Layton being in the 8:30 slot, moving Kitaro up in April to make way for the return of Super makes sense. Here's hoping you are right!
It’s starting to look more and more likely that Super will returns with all these hints.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by vashter » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:50 pm

majinwarman wrote:
wjbraden wrote:
emperior wrote: Yes. Last year, on the 8th of April 2018, a Professor Layton anime started to air on Fuji TV in the 8:30 AM time slot.
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2 ... ut/.126795
“The announcement listed the series at 50 episodes with each a runtime of 30 minutes.“
It seems like the anime is scheduled to run for exactly 50 episodes, and the rumor is that once it will be over Kitaro will take its time slot to free up the 9:00 AM time slot for an eventual Dragon Ball Super show, which would take its old time slot as the lead-in to One Piece.
As far as I know, no anime has been announced to take Layton’s place, nor has it been announced that Layton is getting extended.

It’s entirely speculation, but from my part I’m like 99% sure Super will return this April. I was sure of Super ending last year once the speculation emerged, so maybe I will be right this time too. Well, I hope so, because I miss weekly Super.
Oh, I was unaware of Layton being in the 8:30 slot, moving Kitaro up in April to make way for the return of Super makes sense. Here's hoping you are right!
It’s starting to look more and more likely that Super will returns with all these hints.

Hint? It been pre-production since October

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:28 am

vashter wrote:
majinwarman wrote:
wjbraden wrote:

It has but it’s not something we should know about. I’m talking about official information that we are allowed to know about.
Majinwarman

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:01 am

majinwarman wrote:
vashter wrote:
majinwarman wrote: It’s starting to look more and more likely that Super will returns with all these hints.

It has but it’s not something we should know about. I’m talking about official information that we are allowed to know about.
Hopefully if it does Return I don't want them to rush it to fast and we get a sub-par series like the complaints where with the start of the original Super, not just art but more importantly in Writing and Characters. I am hoping that Toei is restructuring its writing staff to not have so many writers, each on different episodes but more of a small and skilled team that talks to one another and keeps each episode consistent with each other, that is going to be most key if a series does come back.

Like any Comic, the Art is great and important, but No Comic is Great without Good Writing. :idea:
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:13 am

CJStriker_CBR wrote:but No Comic is Great without Good Writing. :idea:
Oh if only people from the production side would think like that too...
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:17 am

Grimlock wrote:
CJStriker_CBR wrote:but No Comic is Great without Good Writing. :idea:
Oh if only people from the production side would think like that too...
Trust me, their is Long History and stories about the consistency of good writing in certain comics and when it hits right or it fails hard debated in Comic Book Forums by fans, including me. It makes Kanzenshuu Look like child's play in comparison. :wink:
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by vashter » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:36 am

So I feel like it being hold back due fact of time slot problem from GeGeGe Kitruo / Layton - despite they probably was going announce it at Jump Fest and got pulled i guess, Toriyama has nothing do with it however, I truly believe timeslot is what killing them to hold back to beable to announce, i just saw animeajay tweet I made a prediction it could be coming in July now it probably not due fact bagginsayian no new merch being announce make april unlikey according to animeajay... i think merch probably be out way past July if the show end up being aired on July, October seem like pretty good shot.

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by vashter » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:01 pm

Well we'll find out later today if we getting something news, should be 10th of Jan in Japan

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:46 pm

vashter wrote:Well we'll find out later today if we getting something news, should be 10th of Jan in Japan
Judging by the 0 new posts in this thread, I'm going to assume nothing was announced.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:33 pm

Alruneia wrote:
vashter wrote:Well we'll find out later today if we getting something news, should be 10th of Jan in Japan
Judging by the 0 new posts in this thread, I'm going to assume nothing was announced.
I'm genuinely surprised nothing was announced. I don't know what they're waiting for now; the movie to finish its run in the U.S.?
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:55 pm

There was some hubbub earlier on twitter surrounding a supervisor from Super appearing on the list for DBH. Not really sure, but I assume people are worried that these staff members being on DBH diminishes chances on them also working on this supposed DB series? Also, I think Nagamine more or less confirmed that he will be stepping down from the franchise, at least for a while. Seems like all that certainty regarding the new series paled a bit.

Shaddy

Post by Shaddy » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:15 pm

I don't know if there was "hubbub" so much as Ajay tweeted that Miyako Tsuji was on Heroes and thus might not be on Super 2.0. It's possible that the chief supervisor role is gone (since it isn't around for a lot of longrunners and could be attributed to Super 1.0's nightmare production), or it could be that they've replaced her. There really isn't much there that could say what's going on, as far as I'm concerned.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:38 pm

Maybe this means July or October are more likely? I can't imagine putting Tsuji on Heroes if Super is returning in April.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:56 pm

Chuquita wrote:Maybe this means July or October are more likely? I can't imagine putting Tsuji on Heroes if Super is returning in April.
It’s starting to look like 2020 may be the case. I’m also surprised that Ide went back to One Piece and they are entering a big arc in Wano so I don’t think Super is coming back this year.
Majinwarman

Shaddy

Post by Shaddy » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:16 pm

Super 2 started pre-production in October. Would they really give the show fifteen months of work before it comes back, if it even did in January?

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:42 pm

majinwarman wrote:
Chuquita wrote:Maybe this means July or October are more likely? I can't imagine putting Tsuji on Heroes if Super is returning in April.
It’s starting to look like 2020 may be the case. I’m also surprised that Ide went back to One Piece and they are entering a big arc in Wano so I don’t think Super is coming back this year.
That'd be disappointing, but I'd deal. I've got rl stuff I need to continue to focus on right now so maybe an extended Super break isn't a totally bad thing.

Confuses me though with those five(?) sources who all told Ajay Super's coming back; though maybe the sources didn't know when, only that it will.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:37 am

TheRed259 wrote:Norihito Sumitomo has started making music for a new anime called Mix which is going to premiere in April.

Could this be a bad omen? :think:
Well, seems to fit with everything else. If members from the production staff start appearing on other shows then that is a bad sign.

While I'm happy with the info that it's been supposedly in pre-production since October, we also don't know anything for sure.

Sani007
Beyond Newbie

Post by Sani007 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:45 am

So, no announcement, no Tsuji, no Sumitomo, no new DB merch being announced. 2uper is dead... :?

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:16 am

Well, there is one thing that we can take as a good sign: the manga. Toyotaro did say once that the manga will be ahead of the anime and there's no way that could happen without this new series giving the manga a really long head start. If it starts this year, I assume it will be with a retelling of the Broly movie, so that the anime won't catch up to the manga. If they don't plan on a Broly arc then I guess we might really not see any new series this year.

DB interest seems to be at an all time high, globally speaking, and it would be a shame if they miss this train.