"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by namekiansaiyan » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:32 pm

Zamasu55 wrote:How the hell can Goku be scared of Hit if he's much stronger than him now?
Hit is a killer and was nowhere near his maximum in the tournament. Goku will lose easily.

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:33 pm

ryou766 wrote:Goku wearing his RoF in that advertisement with Hit really has me hoping Toei puts him back in that outfit. Yes, I know that specific art of Goku has been during the U6 tournament, but still.
I reckon TOEI will put Goku back in his RoF gi at some point, if only to make up some excuse for him to use Super Saiyan 3 and sell toys of that outfit with that form.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:35 pm

Dragon Ball Ireland wrote:
ryou766 wrote:Goku wearing his RoF in that advertisement with Hit really has me hoping Toei puts him back in that outfit. Yes, I know that specific art of Goku has been during the U6 tournament, but still.
I reckon TOEI will put Goku back in his RoF gi at some point, if only to make up some excuse for him to use Super Saiyan 3 and sell toys of that outfit with that form.
I personally believe the only reason they ever took him and Vegeta out of that outfit was for Vegetto.

Now that's over, they should put him back in it.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:36 pm

Wait....let me get this right.

The episode on December 18th is that a one off episode? An arc? Is it the start if an arc? Is it a Toriyama or Toei arc?

Are the episodes on December 4th and the 11th the filler episodes?
Last edited by Bullza on Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:37 pm

Bullza wrote:Wait....let me go this right.

The episode on December 18th is that a one off episode? An arc? Is it the start if an arc? Is it a Toriyama or Toei arc?

The episode on the 18th could be a one off, but I reckon it'll be the start of an anime only arc.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:38 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Zamasu55 wrote:How the hell can Goku be scared of Hit if he's much stronger than him now?
Hit is a killer and was nowhere near his maximum in the tournament. Goku will lose easily.
You do remember that Goku was sure he wont lose to Hit and wanted the rules to be infavor for Hit?

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:40 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:

The episode on the 18th could be a one off, but I reckon it'll be the start of an anime only arc.
Yeah I think they've hyped it up a bit too much to be stand alone. Probably a couple of episodes to tide us over until January.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:41 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:

Toyotaro mentioned that the manga would be ahead of the anime soon and that would seem impossible if this Assassination arc was a canon one so I'm guessing filler yeah.

Will
Beyond Newbie

Post by Will » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:41 pm

Bullza wrote:Wait....let me get this right.

A mini-arc for the anime only, I guess.
SansrivaaL wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
You do remember that Goku was sure he wont lose to Hit and wanted the rules to be infavor for Hit?
He was thinking he could win with his kaioken, but this is a very dangerous technique.

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:42 pm

It's not any person who can travel between universes. It's suspicious that Hit's employer could send him to U7. I guess it could be Whis testing Goku, but who knows, this might be interesting.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:42 pm

perucho1990 wrote:Vegeta should get his payback vs Hit, he already beat up Golden Freeza and Black.
No. Enough of fanservice, please.
Roronoa-pt wrote:Brace yourselves, Universe 7's pro-baseball star, Yamcha-sama is coming!
Oh, I forgot about that! Then I take it back, that Champa filler could be good! :)
Ki Breaker wrote:I believe it wasn't stated Cabba will return
Really? I read something about Vegeta investigating with him in the Universe 6 who orderned Goku's death
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:43 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:

Yeah I think they've hyped it up a bit too much to be stand alone. Probably a couple of episodes to tide us over until January.
This has huge potential and would be a waste by Toei if they did not create it into an arc.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:45 pm

Will wrote:

A mini-arc for the anime only, I guess.
SansrivaaL wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
He was thinking he could win with his kaioken, but this is a very dangerous technique.

Goku in general is much stronger thanks to fighting Black, Future Zamasu, and Merged Zamasu and we saw him used the Kaioken last episode.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:50 pm

Hit looks a bit like Cell.

So Gohan has to beat him

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:51 pm

How do we know that this a filler arc or not? I think it's possible that the new information was posted earlier than expected. I think the idea of Goku being dead for other fighters to take on Hit and the new characters is a good idea. Besides Goku will likely be wish back by the Namek Dragon Balls anyways since we know that he is still alive at the end of DBZ. My theory could be that someone has made Hit stronger or Hit will kill Goku off guard. It would also be the first time that Goku's death was not a result of sacrificing himself in the main timeline.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:53 pm

I feel like it'll be foreshadowing the next arc, like the person who sent Hit is the next arc's villain. Like ho the time travel fuel was seen in the filler episodes before the Black Arc.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:53 pm

TekTheNinja wrote:Titles aren't always 100% truthful though. He might not actually die for real.
Sure, the actual content may differ but the title does say that.

It seems Herms chose not to compromise, it might be a good call since we don't really know what will happen.

Will
Beyond Newbie

Post by Will » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:54 pm

"Death to Goku ! A Hit Job that can't be refused"
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cxj2HYIVQAAw3O4.jpg:small

That doesn't mean Goku die, it's just Hit's order.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:57 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote: The episode on the 18th could be a one off, but I reckon it'll be the start of an anime only arc.
This has huge potential and would be a waste by Toei if they did not create it into an arc.
I agree. Right now it's an interesring-er premise than the Potafu arc. Imo Toei delivered on that (I thought it was better then the U6 arc in all honesty) so quite confident they can deliver this!

Legion
Regular

Post by Legion » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:58 pm

Kami sama Explorer ( very reliable,usually) said that this is another toei saga.....but i wait another news.