"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:26 pm

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

Now SSGSS completes it's takeover of SS.

ToshioWrites
Temporarily Banned

Post by ToshioWrites » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:27 pm

Limit breaker blue

Super saiyan blue and beyond

Either one of these names is absolute trash.

First of all every new form is technically a limit break and obviously vegeta's new form is beyond ssb.

I'd rather something as simple as Ascended SSB or Ultra Blue then that crap

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:45 pm

JazzMazz wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:
JazzMazz wrote: That's not by Toriyama, that's the character design by Tadayoshi Yamamuro.
Oh really? Than i must give him credit for his brilliant design! Truly one of the best artists out there. I praise him.
The only real thing I dislike about the design is how the torso is a little messy. It has a ridiculous arch to it and I think it that torso probably would have benefitted if it was slightly longer.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
What i especially like of this image is Goku’s face on the right. It’s chin-less in that shot! And that reminds me a lot of my favorite Z character, Buutenks!

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:46 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:I think it's funny and sad that Heroes got the wrong hair color for Vegeta's new form, hopefully they fix it in a future update, but they still haven't fixed UI Omen's hair shape.
Hopefully they at least got the fact that the hair is more wild right on the model, but I doubt it.
What'd they get wrong? I haven't seen the in-game model outside that pic of the face.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:52 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:I think it's funny and sad that Heroes got the wrong hair color for Vegeta's new form, hopefully they fix it in a future update, but they still haven't fixed UI Omen's hair shape.
Hopefully they at least got the fact that the hair is more wild right on the model, but I doubt it.
What'd they get wrong? I haven't seen the in-game model outside that pic of the face.
For which? UI Omen? UI Omen has regular Base Goku hair in Heroes.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:30 pm

It seems Ultra Instinct re-appears sooner than expected (this weeks episode already in fact).

https://mobile.twitter.com/Herms98/stat ... 5152325632

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:40 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote:It seems Ultra Instinct re-appears sooner than expected (this weeks episode already in fact).

Either animedia or animage said it would happen this week. The other one said Goku would get pounded by Jiren in 129 and his eyes would start shining silver. Which makes it sound like Jiren puts a beating on UIS if they're accurate. :think:

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:47 pm

Well, excitement for this episode raised considerably :lol: Especially if it's the beginning of the end for UI Omen.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:03 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:It seems Ultra Instinct re-appears sooner than expected (this weeks episode already in fact).

Either animedia or animage said it would happen this week. The other one said Goku would get pounded by Jiren in 129 and his eyes would start shining silver. Which makes it sound like Jiren puts a beating on UIS if they're accurate. :think:
I assume Goku gets Mastered UI in 129 at the same time he finally loses his shirt.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:05 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:

I assume Goku gets Mastered UI in 129 at the same time he finally loses his shirt.
Makes sense to me. With Jiren being built up as the "Invincible Man" that's stronger than the Gods, I wouldn't be surprised if he's able to beat Omen. He was holding pretty fine against it in 110.
ArchedThunder wrote:For which? UI Omen? UI Omen has regular Base Goku hair in Heroes.
And that just sounds like typical laziness there. Can't say I'm surprised. :problem:

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:13 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:And that just sounds like typical laziness there. Can't say I'm surprised. :problem:
Care to elaborate more on this?
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:15 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:

That doesn’t make any sense. Ultra Instinct Goku shouldn’t even be touched by Jiren, even if he isn’t perfect yet, he can still avoid stuff without thinking (the defensive side is perfect) just not the offensive.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:19 pm

Grimlock wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:And that just sounds like typical laziness there. Can't say I'm surprised. :problem:
Care to elaborate more on this?
Just cheap corner cutting in video games. Re-using assets to make new characters and the like. It's pretty common, especially in big games with a lot of characters. Like in Dokkan Battle, Super Saiyan 4 Gogeta's battle sprites are just SS4 Goku recolored and with a vest drawn on. Stuff like that.
GodVegetto91 wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:

That doesn’t make any sense. Ultra Instinct Goku shouldn’t even be touched by Jiren, even if he isn’t perfect yet, he can still avoid stuff without thinking (the defensive side is perfect) just not the offensive.
Goku was having to block and parry his blows in 110 and it didn't seem like Jiren had gotten as "serious" as he is now. Even Kefla was able to graze him. It's not untouchable.

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:23 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:

Don’t know what you mean. Jiren is a being that can’t be defeated by a G.o.D. And gods have been stated to have knowledge of UI, though the inperfected version. Wouldn’t make sense for jiren to be undefeated by his G.o.D if he can’t handle some form of UI.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:25 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:Just cheap corner cutting in video games. Re-using assets to make new characters and the like. It's pretty common, especially in big games with a lot of characters. Like in Dokkan Battle, Super Saiyan 4 Gogeta's battle sprites are just SS4 Goku recolored and with a vest drawn on. Stuff like that.
Oh, in that sense, maybe you are correct. Nevermind me, then. :)
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:31 pm

So he still not mastered the form in these pics? "Omen" will be different or not?
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:32 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:

Kefla grazed Gokus hair, and Jiren is miles stronger than her.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:35 pm

perucho1990 wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote: Either animedia or animage said it would happen this week. The other one said Goku would get pounded by Jiren in 129 and his eyes would start shining silver. Which makes it sound like Jiren puts a beating on UIS if they're accurate. :think:
Keep in mind that this version of UI Goku is MUCH stronger than the previous 2. Since Goku has been fighting Jiren for many episodes straight. And his SSJ Blue form (based on feats) has become over 20x stronger in that meantime.

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:45 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote:
perucho1990 wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote: That doesn’t make any sense. Ultra Instinct Goku shouldn’t even be touched by Jiren, even if he isn’t perfect yet, he can still avoid stuff without thinking (the defensive side is perfect) just not the offensive.
Keep in mind that this version of UI Goku is MUCH stronger than the previous 2. Since Goku has been fighting Jiren for many episodes straight. And his SSJ Blue form (based on feats) has become over 20x stronger in that meantime.
And keep in mind that jiren is still immensely superior to any character in the field.

OverHeaven
Beyond Newbie

Post by OverHeaven » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:52 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:
So he still not mastered the form in these pics? "Omen" will be different or not?
Ultra Instinct "Omen" is actually the Ultra Instinct from episode 110 and 116. Sometimes translated as "Sign". In short, it's not a new variation like some assumed before. However, the new variation "Mastered" Ultra Instinct is going to have a silver hair (or it could be just the effects of a new aura). At least that is what I understood from all these past information combined..

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
This picture is mostly the end of the episode, but I'm not sure if that is the mastered form or what the heck is going on. :?
Last edited by OverHeaven on Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.