"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by namekiansaiyan » Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:54 pm

Michsi wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
Who do you think the Universe 7 members could lose to?
To be perfectly honest, at the moment it's only Piccolo that I see lose, because he's the one engaged in what seems to be his big fight of the arc. I think he will go down like Tien, by taking both namekians with him, and it will somehow be a self-sacrificial act meant to keep Gohan in the ring. Bleh!

The only ones I absolutely see making it to the end are Goku and Freeza. There was even a clip from that Heroes game that had only Jiren, Goku and Freeza left in the ring. I don't base this prediction on the clip alone btw, I always expected Freeza and Goku to be the last ones standing from U7.
He is not going out like Tien. You have this negativity thing to and it also seems like you think 17 and 18 are really special.

Do 17, 18, Gohan and Vegeta stay to the end or what?

Isn't Vegeta's big fight against Toppo?

What is 17's and 18's big fight? Who does Gohan face as well.

Frieza outlasted Frost
Vegeta outlasted Cabba
Goku will outlast Kale and Caulifla
Piccolo will outlast Saonel and Pilina

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:55 pm

precita wrote:At this point Piccolo is only treated marginally better than Tien since he got one full win on his own. But its not enough.
He's arguably been treated worse than Tenshinhan in the actual ToP.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:57 pm

Jigurashi wrote:
precita wrote:At this point Piccolo is only treated marginally better than Tien since he got one full win on his own. But its not enough.
Why is that? Because you think he is being made a joke of because he lost 3 arms?

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:06 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Jigurashi wrote:
Why is that? Because you think he is being made a joke of because he lost 3 arms?
Hahaha that is pretty funny when you think about it.

TekTheNinja
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TekTheNinja » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:36 pm

Kanassa wrote:
HeroR wrote: I will just say that Resurrection ‘F’ was called filler thst added nothing to story and we know how that ended.
I wouldn't call ROF Filler at the time, but it did annoy me how disconnected it felt from the other arcs as a whole. It's why I liked Frieza bring brought back as an idea, as it gave much more merit to ROF.
I think it gives it less merit. It adds more fatigue to Frieza getting revived over and over. If anything, he should have escaped at the end of Resurrection F to plot his next move. It would have made him coming back for the tournament less of an asspull.

MaskedRider
Banned

Post by MaskedRider » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:58 pm

TekTheNinja wrote:It would have made him coming back for the tournament less of an asspull.
So this is the power of being able to use words however you want...woah.

Okay I'm impressed.

Freeza9000
Advanced Regular

Post by Freeza9000 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:21 pm

TekTheNinja wrote:It would have made him coming back for the tournament less of an asspull.
I don't think you have a very good understanding of what "asspull" means.

TekTheNinja

Post by TekTheNinja » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:26 pm

Freeza9000 wrote:
I don't think you have a very good understanding of what "asspull" means.
Asspull, shark jump, redundancy, I don't give a damn.

Torturephile
Regular

Post by Torturephile » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:20 pm

Noah wrote:
FortuneSSJ wrote:Yeah... It's not like FT Trunks is the main character of the Future Trunks arc or anything...
I think this issue could be easily solved if the arc was named anything else but Trunks, maybe "Black arc" "Something time crisis arc", "Fallen God arc" e.g
I just call it "future saga".
From Super episode 113 thread:
MaskedRider wrote:
Torturephile wrote:
hunduel wrote:I liked this episode. I seriously don't know why people hate it.
namekiansaiyan wrote:I seriously don't see why some of you like this episode when nothing happened and was basically filler.
The fandom in a nutshell.
The duality of man.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:08 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Jigurashi wrote:
Him having a 15 fight and being made to look bad against the sniper to bolster Tenshinhan is why, not to mention he hasn't done anything at all more than Tenshinhan either. Has nothing to do with some dumb joke but nice assuming that's the case. Piccolo can definitely be argued to have been treated just as badly if not worse than Ten in the ToP so far. Whether you want to believe it or not is irrelevant as my statement is a fact.

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:26 am

Jigurashi wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
Jigurashi wrote: He's arguably been treated worse than Tenshinhan in the actual ToP.
Him having a 15 fight and being made to look bad against the sniper to bolster Tenshinhan is why, not to mention he hasn't done anything at all more than Tenshinhan either. Has nothing to do with some dumb joke but nice assuming that's the case. Piccolo can definitely be argued to have been treated just as badly if not worse than Ten in the ToP so far. Whether you want to believe it or not is irrelevant as my statement is a fact.
Wow, dude. The fact that Piccolo is even still in proves he has better treatment than Tien.

Him actually having a fight proves he has better treatment than tien.

Him getting a power boost proves he has better treatment than tien.

Tien is the only character who I can say was treated unfairly. Krillin at least had a good showing before he was knocked out and was avenged by the man who killed him....wait.

TekTheNinja

Post by TekTheNinja » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:20 am

Totamo wrote:
Jigurashi wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
Wow, dude. The fact that Piccolo is even still in proves he has better treatment than Tien.

Him actually having a fight proves he has better treatment than tien.

Him getting a power boost proves he has better treatment than tien.

Tien is the only character who I can say was treated unfairly. Krillin at least had a good showing before he was knocked out and was avenged by the man who killed him....wait.
What they did to Tenshinhan was just sad. NO ONE has had worse treatment than him in this tournament. Krillin's I think was pretty bad too, but still not Tien bad. Though the actual way he was eliminated was lame, Krillin at least had a fun fight against Majora where he came out on top due to wit and skill. Tien's elimination just makes him look like an idiot who has a bunch of useful skills, but uses them in the most ineffective way possible. (Though the line where 18 scolds Krillin for getting knocked out still pisses me off beyond belief because he saved her ass several times) Piccolo hasn't done much, but at least shows intellect in his fighting style, by scoping out his opponents before engaging head on and such. All he needs now is some solid eliminations and he'll have decent treatment. (Though DBS sometimes forces me to set the bar REALLY low for what is consider good cast treatment, If this were by DB or DBZ standards I'd say they all have garbage treatment except for Goku, Vegeta, and that annoying bastard Frieza)

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:50 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
He is not going out like Tien. You have this negativity thing to and it also seems like you think 17 and 18 are really special.
When I said like Tien, I simply meant the self-sacrifice bit. The problem with Tien was that the whole bit felt a little lackluster in terms of execution, that doesn't mean it'll be the same with Piccolo.

The reason I think the androids will stick around a little longer is because their addition to the cast is new and shiny, and these characters are always given a little bit of extra attention.

And yes, when it comes to Piccolo, I tend to be a little pessimistic.
namekiansaiyan wrote: Do 17, 18, Gohan and Vegeta stay to the end or what?

I don't think those 4 will stay until the end, just a little longer. After Piccolo, I think it's either 18 or Vegeta. Gohan and 17 might last longer. But as I said, I think just Freeza and Goku are the ones that make it until the end.

And I would've said that Toppo is Vegeta's final opponent too, had I not thought that he still has Ribrianne to deal with. He's been pitted against her often enough for me to think they'll have to have a final encounter.
namekiansaiyan wrote: What is 17's and 18's big fight? Who does Gohan face as well.
With Gohan I have no idea. 17 and 18 might get either the robots or the bugs, but regardless, they're current absence makes it seem like they're being saved for later.
namekiansaiyan wrote: Frieza outlasted Frost
Vegeta outlasted Cabba
So you think U7 will all make it to the final stretch of the TOP, but be collectively eliminated by Jiren to show how powerful he is? Sounds plausible too tbh.

Whatever
Regular

Post by Whatever » Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:01 am

sintzu wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:Characters get insulted by fans all the time but the difference between Vegeta or Gohan compared to Piccolo is that Piccolo never gets any positve posts.
Thanks to Super fans seem to overlook the greatness he gave us in the manga and Z's movies. Even his sacrifice for earth and what little screen time he got in GT was handled better than most of what he gets now but now is what everyone's minds are focused on so that's how he'll be judged.
Its not just Super fans,its also his treatment in the Buu saga overshadows his previous achievements since it was the last arc of DBZ,the fact that Toei stop making him appear after the Bojack movie till the BOG movie did not help either.
He went from being 1 of the main characters of the Cell arc(since this arc felt like it had 5 MC)to irrelevant character that only exists to be Gotenk's straightman in the Buu arc.He did not even have a single fight as well,even Krillin and 18 had more fights than him in this arc,jesus he went from 100 to 0 real quick.
In GT he was barely a character with 0 positives outside of 'hey at the least he was more usefull than GT Goten and Gohan'.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:57 am

Michsi wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
When I said like Tien, I simply meant the self-sacrifice bit. The problem with Tien was that the whole bit felt a little lackluster in terms of execution, that doesn't mean it'll be the same with Piccolo.

The reason I think the androids will stick around a little longer is because their addition to the cast is new and shiny, and these characters are always given a little bit of extra attention.

And yes, when it comes to Piccolo, I tend to be a little pessimistic.
namekiansaiyan wrote: Do 17, 18, Gohan and Vegeta stay to the end or what?

I don't think those 4 will stay until the end, just a little longer. After Piccolo, I think it's either 18 or Vegeta. Gohan and 17 might last longer. But as I said, I think just Freeza and Goku are the ones that make it until the end.

And I would've said that Toppo is Vegeta's final opponent too, had I not thought that he still has Ribrianne to deal with. He's been pitted against her often enough for me to think they'll have to have a final encounter.
namekiansaiyan wrote: What is 17's and 18's big fight? Who does Gohan face as well.
With Gohan I have no idea. 17 and 18 might get either the robots or the bugs, but regardless, they're current absence makes it seem like they're being saved for later.
namekiansaiyan wrote: Frieza outlasted Frost
Vegeta outlasted Cabba
So you think U7 will all make it to the final stretch of the TOP, but be collectively eliminated by Jiren to show how powerful he is? Sounds plausible too tbh.
If Ribrianne is Vegeta's real final fight. Then that is just an insult to Toppo.

I simply think we don't see 17 and 18 right now because they are not Vegeta, Piccolo, Gohan and Frieza in terms of popularity. Also because I think they are facing the bugs from Universe 4.

I do think they will all help Goku as I don't see any of them losing against anyone that is left apart from Jiren.

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:11 am

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:16 am

Uh oh, better batten down the hatches. There's a storm coming. :lol:

I hope this week's new preview image shows what their transformation looks like. Will it be something like this?
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Last edited by BlueBasilisk on Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:18 am

Goku will play defence then until the fusion either runs out or reactivates Goku's Ultra Instinct. Frieza could always throw in a sneaky Death Beam out of nowhere. :)

mfwlegend3
Regular

Post by mfwlegend3 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:19 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:Goku will play defence then until the fusion either runs out or reactivates Goku's Ultra Instinct. Frieza could always throw in a sneaky Death Beam out of nowhere. :)
Now as you say this, Toriyama is (laughing!) faintly in the background.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:56 am

namekiansaiyan wrote: If Ribrianne is Vegeta's real final fight. Then that is just an insult to Toppo.

I simply think we don't see 17 and 18 right now because they are not Vegeta, Piccolo, Gohan and Frieza in terms of popularity. Also because I think they are facing the bugs from Universe 4.

I do think they will all help Goku as I don't see any of them losing against anyone that is left apart from Jiren.
Real fight or not, RIbrianne has also been given a lot of importance, so it's either Vegeta or Goku I see her go against at some point. It could be 17 too, but I think that's less likely imo.

If they all stick around until the end, that'd be great, but I have my doubts.
BlueBasilisk wrote:
Uh oh, better batten down the hatches. There's a storm coming. :lol:
I don't see anything particularly inciting about this info though. We all knew she'd be really strong.