"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Michsi
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Michsi » Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:57 am

Okay, all this talk about a Vegeta movie is making me anxious. Like, I'm going to watch it, and if it's good I'll praise it, but as concept alone- please no....

Retan
Advanced Regular

Post by Retan » Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:06 pm

What talk about a vegeta movie?

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:51 pm

Michsi wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:57 am Okay, all this talk about a Vegeta movie is making me anxious. Like, I'm going to watch it, and if it's good I'll praise it, but as concept alone- please no....
I have to agree with this post:
Retan wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:06 pm What talk about a vegeta movie?
...because what talk about a Vegeta movie? Where are you getting this from? I haven't seen anything about that except for this post. Are we talking speculative tweets here, or is it a little more grounded?
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Tai Lung » Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:03 am

SupremeKai25 wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:18 am
Tai Lung wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:53 am we had 10 warriors as protagonists, each with its chapters, battles and eliminations
It allows us to know the multiverse ... and gives the promise that not everything will stay in universe 7 offers new forms of fighting and combat tactics which the series had lost, interesting interactions between characters ... from different universes and how the characters learned from that experience
universe 2 blackHole ...
universe 3 majikayo a modified warrior who almost cuts off dyspo's ears and with a creative way to fight another katopesla war a warrior with special armor who fought with vegeta.
universe 9 hissop absolute zero, chappil steel warrior
universe 4 darcori warrior that uses illusions as attacks

The tournament is presented as a fighting show where many characters can be remembered for their personalities, battles or techniques. I really believe that he was given the time he needed and he did well.

No matter if it is Krillin and Tien, if they already brought them, give them something to do, I prefer that they do nothing

although I like zamasu just like cell the arcs has no secondary enemies so you can't extend anymore
I wouldn't have a problem with it if those people actually posed a threat to Goku and co., but they don't. People like U2 or U4 are weak as shit and the only reason why they lasted so long is the usual "Goku wants to fight new enemies because he likes fighting even if the universe itself is at stake".

The Kefla and Toppo/Jiren episodes are much more memorable in my opinion because there at least the protagonist actually face a threat and have to give it their all, but that's not the case for the majority of the episodes. For the majority of the episodes it's mostly Goku and Vegeta dicking around in their base forms when they could and should annihilate their opponents (because it's a competition for the sake of their universe and families).

Also I didn't really say that it was a mistake for the ToP to focus on those extras, obviously I am happy that many of them had their own techniques and personalities, but the problem is when you have entire episodes about fodder characters who could easily be demolished by the usual Saiyans.

Finally, as for the Zamasu arc, it's not really a case of extending it for the sake of having more content, because it was obvious when the arc was heading towards the end, it's more of a case of allowing that ending to breathe with a few more episodes.
I agree that these chapters were better and also that other characters deserved to have priority but I still believe that the overall duration of a tournament should be long except recruitment ... it just was necessary the episodes with 17 and gohan training

genuine excuses were made ...
-saving energy ... while others strongest warriors fight
- Having to restrain himself so as not to kill the adversary which is difficult for those who do not have good energy control
- personalities of the adversaries, empathy with the sacrifice (saonel and prilina), the interactions between the characters which formed friendship or a relationship etc

the premise was that not only power is needed to win,... just needs stayed on the platform, in fact almost anyone could defeat jiren (episode 131)

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:46 am

Alruneia wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:51 pm
Michsi wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:57 am Okay, all this talk about a Vegeta movie is making me anxious. Like, I'm going to watch it, and if it's good I'll praise it, but as concept alone- please no....
...because what talk about a Vegeta movie? Where are you getting this from? I haven't seen anything about that except for this post. Are we talking speculative tweets here, or is it a little more grounded?
There was one post about one user saying something about a Vegeta movie. For some reason this user here remembered that as "all this talk about a Vegeta movie." That's what there is to it.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:18 am

sangofe wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:46 am
Alruneia wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:51 pm
There was one post about one user saying something about a Vegeta movie. For some reason this user here remembered that as "all this talk about a Vegeta movie." That's what there is to it.
There were more, including on twitter, and it's related to that interview with Toriyama where he was asked about this and he's stated he'd be okay with this. Not to mention that Vegeta's VA seems to be very active on Twitter lately, more so than usual. Where I might've jumped the gun a bit is when I saw a twitter post from someone that might know a bit more about what's going to be revealed share a image of Vegeta. I mean, yes, it's unlikely, but there is some talk about it so I shared my two cents.

Trouser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Trouser » Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:39 am

Oh god, no. There's already too much of Vegeta in the Super series. Whole movie focusing on him isn't something I'd be interested to see. I mean, I like him as a character, but... come on.
"If it means having to live under your control, I'd rather be dead!" - Trunks
English is not my first language, if I've made a mistake, please, feel free to correct me. It will help, thanks.

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:57 pm

Trouser wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:39 am Oh god, no. There's already too much of Vegeta in the Super series. Whole movie focusing on him isn't something I'd be interested to see. I mean, I like him as a character, but... come on.

Popularity seems the way to seal the deal nowadays. He is of course ermously popular within the fandom, maybe even more popular than Goku. Movies have to make money, like with Broly, when popularity gives security for a return of investment, from a commercial point of view it would make sense.

Would it be good? That's another cup of tea.
I'd not be automatically against it, but it takes a lot more to make a good movie or series than just laying the focuss on a popular character.
Last edited by Mister_Popo on Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:06 pm

I think a Vegeta-centered movie could work. Also it’s not like Goku would have to be sidelined but the focus could be on Vegeta, his character, his motivations, his past and could have some further progression on his character.

A Planet Sadala movie focusing on what means to be a Saiyan, on their history and with Vegeta as the lead character, with a brand new enemy connected to Saiyans could be interesting in my opinion.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:54 pm

I dont hate or even dislike Vegeta but the last thing I want is a Vegeta movie. He's already the second main character, he's gotten enough in DBS as it is.

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:56 pm

emperior wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:06 pm I think a Vegeta-centered movie could work. Also it’s not like Goku would have to be sidelined but the focus could be on Vegeta, his character, his motivations, his past and could have some further progression on his character.

A Planet Sadala movie focusing on what means to be a Saiyan, on their history and with Vegeta as the lead character, with a brand new enemy connected to Saiyans could be interesting in my opinion.
Totally agree.
They can focus on yamoshi too.

p.s. is this new? I don't know if it's legit or not

https://twitter.com/ActualiteDB/status/ ... 2103227393

It talks about a concert where RYO spoiled the return of DBS and introduced a new song about vegeta (he couldn't talk about it until 2020)

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:02 pm

Mister_Popo wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:57 pm
Trouser wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:39 am Oh god, no. There's already too much of Vegeta in the Super series. Whole movie focusing on him isn't something I'd be interested to see. I mean, I like him as a character, but... come on.

Popularity seems the way to seal the deal nowadays. He is of course ermously popular within the fandom, maybe even more popular than Goku. Movies have to make money, like with Broly, when popularity gives security for a return of investment, from a commercial point of view it would make sense.

I'd not be automatically against it, but it takes a lot more to make a good movie or series than just laying the focuss on a popular character.
A recent poll in Japan showed that Goku is still far ahead of him. Vegeta stands out mostly when compared to the other characters. He might be more popular in the U.S. though.

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:30 pm

Michsi wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:02 pm
Mister_Popo wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:57 pm

A recent poll in Japan showed that Goku is still far ahead of him. Vegeta stands out mostly when compared to the other characters. He might be more popular in the U.S. though.

You could be right about Japan, i based my impression on English boards. I generally have the impression Vegeta is even more popular or at least as popular than Goku.

superfan2024
Regular

Post by superfan2024 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:33 pm

I just never see us again a Vegeta movie in anyway possible. Not sure where or how people online are even getting this from.

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:37 pm

superfan2024 wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:33 pm I just never see us again a Vegeta movie in anyway possible. Not sure where or how people online are even getting this from.
Nothing is confirmed.
It's purely innocent speculation.

Sykin

Post by Sykin » Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:09 pm

Ajay wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:14 pm My guess based on nothing:

New non-DB IP in April replacing Kitaro. DB movie announced for 2020. Fandom explodes, Kanzenshuu forums implode, DBtubers die of starvation.

Heroes continues :D

I can't do it, not again. I'm not strong enough.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:05 am

Mister_Popo wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:30 pm
You could be right about Japan, i based my impression on English boards. I generally have the impression Vegeta is even more popular or at least as popular than Goku.
He tends to dominate all official polls in Japan, even those with mixed franchises. I assume that's one of the reasons he was chosen as a mascot for the Olympics.
superfan2024 wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:33 pm I just never see us again a Vegeta movie in anyway possible. Not sure where or how people online are even getting this from.
I mean yes, it's pretty much baseless speculation. The reason I'm even mentioning this and not dismissing it automatically is because I'm having flashbacks to early 2018 when we all collectively laughed whenever someone mentioned the new movie might have Broly.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:20 am

Gt91 wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:56 pm
emperior wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:06 pm I think a Vegeta-centered movie could work. Also it’s not like Goku would have to be sidelined but the focus could be on Vegeta, his character, his motivations, his past and could have some further progression on his character.

Totally agree.

It talks about a concert where RYO spoiled the return of DBS and introduced a new song about vegeta (he couldn't talk about it until 2020)

Wrong. It was interpreted by someone that DBS will return. He didn't spoil it. Learn French or get accurate sources.

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:56 am

I seem to recall there was some quote from Toriyama saying he wanted to do a Vegeta-focused movie, which may or may not have been before Resurrection F come out. Still, nothing recent suggests anything like that is happening.

I guess the Moro arc is quite Vegeta-focused, but that seems more like Toyotaro's doing. Plus, it's not the sort of arc I can see being made into a movie. It doesn't have the wide-appeal "hook" of a Broly or a Freeza, if that makes sense.

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:36 am

sangofe wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:20 am
Gt91 wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:56 pm

Totally agree.

Wrong. It was interpreted by someone that DBS will return. He didn't spoil it. Learn French or get accurate sources.
The first thing i said was "i don't know if it's legit or not".
We are on a forum and we discuss. I wonder how many people on this forum are from france or speak it anyway.
That's all.