"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Araki
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Araki » Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:20 am

Accidental double post, sorry.
Last edited by Araki on Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

MozillaVulpix
Regular

Post by MozillaVulpix » Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:23 am

ArchedThunder wrote:
MozillaVulpix wrote:Vegetto seemingly being so quick almost makes it seem like a Toei thing...until I realised just how much they're trying to sell him already. So even if it's a Toei thing, it's a Toei thing that they care immensely about. Which begs the question as to why they wouldn't drag it out...? God, I don't even know.
Probably because they know they don't have the animators to do an epic, long fight.
If that's the case, why would they be doing non-stop fighting episodes since 63? Not to mention a large chunk of fighting in 61 and 62. If they want to make good fights whilst keeping schedule, they might as well have skipped most of the fighting in their 2nd trip to the past and hurried up the fighting in the 3rd trip.

If the schedule collapses a bit after 66, they only really have themselves to blame.
I could have gotten into anything...and yet I chose the story aimed at young Japanese boys about martial arts, and later about super-powerful aliens punching each other really hard.

https://www.youtube.com/c/MozillaVulpix

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:28 am

Araki wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:
MozillaVulpix wrote:Vegetto seemingly being so quick almost makes it seem like a Toei thing...until I realised just how much they're trying to sell him already. So even if it's a Toei thing, it's a Toei thing that they care immensely about. Which begs the question as to why they wouldn't drag it out...? God, I don't even know.
Probably because they know they don't have the animators to do an epic, long fight.
Vegetto vs Buu, in the manga, was a short and fast paced fight that the anime managed to drag out for like four episodes, to the point of almost ruining it, as it was too one-sided for such a length. I was actually afraid they would do it again and beat Vegetto to the ground. I take one well done episode over that any day.
I wouldn't say they ruined the Vegetto fight in Z. In fact, the only bad Vegetto episode was the very first one.
Retired.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:46 am

I don't understand how people are defending the Pacing of this arc..
Fights have been epic no doubt but even the vegetto fight not lasting more than an episode, also in where there will be some time required to fuse, is just... Disappointing to me..

I know vegetto fight in manga was short, but why keep that fight as the last awesome Battle then? And no, I don't believe trunks having a power boost and finishing zamasus body in a blow qualifies as a final epic fight, and on top of that it is again one freaking episode....

I am severely disappointed.. It dosent mean I won't enjoy the fights, I probably would but it is not meeting my expectations of an epic long lasting fight, and that makes me furious :x

lao233

Post by lao233 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:09 am

Nekis13 wrote:
sintzu wrote:So Vegetto isn't going to get the final battle ? I don't want to jump to conclusions cause I don't fully know what's going on but if this is going to be like what happened in GT with Gogeta or RF with Vegeta where they try something new then switch right back to Goku before seeing it through then this will be the most disappointing arc in the entire franchise.
Technically Vegetto does get the final battle, since it's implied Zeno only comes once Zamasu's body is completely destroyed.

or at least that's what I got out of it :eh:
I thought it was Trunks who is going to destroy Zamasu's body?
“Will they be able to protect the future? The final battle with Zamasu! Powered by the hopes of humanity, Trunks strikes back at Zamasu! But while Zamasu was supposed to be defeated, he instead loses his physical body, and begins spreading out and covering the sky!

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:17 am

Sodhi wrote:I agree with ArchedThunder. I dont think that the production can handle any more episodes with non stop/intense action in this arc.
Well then they better hire some new employees.

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:18 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:
Sodhi wrote:I agree with ArchedThunder. I dont think that the production can handle any more episodes with non stop/intense action in this arc.
There aren't any.
Retired.

Sodhi
I Live Here

Post by Sodhi » Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:19 am

And how will that affect the production of Super? People are not problem, its time and talent. Plus the industry is thin of people as it is.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:23 am

lao233 wrote:
Nekis13 wrote:
sintzu wrote:So Vegetto isn't going to get the final battle ? I don't want to jump to conclusions cause I don't fully know what's going on but if this is going to be like what happened in GT with Gogeta or RF with Vegeta where they try something new then switch right back to Goku before seeing it through then this will be the most disappointing arc in the entire franchise.
Technically Vegetto does get the final battle, since it's implied Zeno only comes once Zamasu's body is completely destroyed.

or at least that's what I got out of it :eh:
I thought it was Trunks who is going to destroy Zamasu's body?
“Will they be able to protect the future? The final battle with Zamasu! Powered by the hopes of humanity, Trunks strikes back at Zamasu! But while Zamasu was supposed to be defeated, he instead loses his physical body, and begins spreading out and covering the sky!
No you're wrong. Trunks can't defeat him because he's too weak for that. It's the almighty beloved Vegetto that will do the job.(exactly like it should!) and that summary^ you posted doesn't say anything about Trunks destroying him. (Trunks strikes back at Zamasu, who had supposively already lost his body..)

Saikyo no Senshi
Advanced Regular

Post by Saikyo no Senshi » Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:39 am

I agree with Araki. One well-animated and directed episode is better than 5 episodes of fighting with horrible action animation and direction like the Vegetto v Boo fight in Z.

The staff for #66 is the best you can possibly get in a fucked up series like Super due to poor schedule and planning. I'm more than satisfied with Vegetto kicking ass for a single episode and the arc wrapping up in #67. No more dragging.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:49 am

Uhm, there are 7 billion people on this planet.. There's bound to be someone who's skilled AND works fast. These are all just excuses companies always use because of laziness or not willing to pay them. You're not fooling me this time around. I see right through that.

lao233

Post by lao233 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:12 am

Vegito is going to weaken Zamasu greatly, but it will Trunks who will destroy his body after Vegito defuse for some unknown reason. At least that's how I think it's going to play out.

zamasu121
Beyond Newbie

Post by zamasu121 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:35 am

is zeno showing up really that different from goku using a genki dama? its basically other people doing the work for goku, only here the opponent is truly unbeatable.

Lujin_16
Regular

Post by Lujin_16 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:55 am

I'm more interested to see how Zenoo kills Zamasu than killing Zamasu with an Kamehameha,Mafuba,Genkidama etc people really want to see the same

shit again??...Can you imagine how schocked Goku will be when he sees Omnikng's true face??? That's why i'm interested in this,,

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Post by dbs fanboy » Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:00 am

Like other people have said before, it's all down to the execution of everything, i'm still not a fan of the Zeno button, the Mafuba would be a better choice.
But now i ask, why the hell are we focussing on Zeno?, there's more important shit that it's supposed to happen.
Vegetto fights taking things seriously for the first time, something weird is happening to Zamasu, the Black element of Zamasu might be his weakness, both Vegetto and Trunks will team up, Trunks will have a damn energy sword, somehow, Trunks will give the final blow, Vegetto will unfuse in an unknown way, as we know that it can't be a time limit thing or something like that, because Zamasu would unfuse in that case as well (maybe Gowasu can unfuse them?, idk).And also, #66 will probably be the best animated episode of super (which makes the fact thatt Vegetto will not stick around longer less annoying)

After all of this happens (and we don't know how it's going to play out), the damn Zamasu appears once again AFTER LOSING HIS PHYSICAL BODY to spread his essence in the sky, we don't know how it will look like or even how are our hero's going to fight it (also, at that point they would be pretty wounded and tired). Then Goku finds something in his pocket, which creates more questions.

How would Zeno react to this?, i mean, i know that Goku is his friend but if Zeno wanted he could destroy Trunks's timeline.
It'll be a different Zeno or the same that we know and fear?
How would he destroy Zamasu?, the damn guy spreaded his essence in the sky!!!! and he's so damn inmortal that he came back after getting his body destroyed.
Could Zamasu ended up being sealed by Zeno to be his friend? that would be hilarious.

If Zeno appears after Zamasu is apparently defeated, and after the battle ends, i have no issue (it still doen't mean that it's better than the Mafuba).

Also, that would mean that Zamasu was pretty much the most dangerous and troublesome villain in this franchise, as not even a serious Vegetto could do anything and it made the king of all be involved.
It's all down to the directing and execution (it could be bad and it could be good), so far, the only thing that i can really say that dissapoints me (a lot), is the fact that ep 67 will be animated by Kitano.

PS: So if i'm not wrong, Toriyama said that all the gods of destruction would be involved right?, then in that case, either this arc is not over, or what happens in this arc will affect the following ones (just like the tournament being the cause of how Zamasu learnt about the dragon balls and hated Goku even more). Maybe Zamasu will survive and then follow our fighters to the past, maybe possesing Beerus's body, to attack the other gods and create a multiversal war :lol:
I really miss ma boy, Black :( :cry:

dbgtFO wrote:

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:15 am

I can't believe that people aren't hyped that we are finally going to see Dragon Ball's Ultimate God and most powerful being in action! We should all be stoked! We're finally going to find out what Zeno is truly made of. His true colors!

Saikyo no Senshi
Advanced Regular

Post by Saikyo no Senshi » Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:25 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:Uhm, there are 7 billion people on this planet.. There's bound to be someone who's skilled AND works fast. These are all just excuses companies always use because of laziness or not willing to pay them. You're not fooling me this time around. I see right through that.
All 7 billion people aren't animators, let alone good animators. Besides, even if you have the best animator on-board and you don't give him time he won't be able to do much good.

Yes, there are animators who work fast in fact Super has got one, Yashima Yoshitaka. But, he cannot produce quality stuff. There are animators like Umakoshi Yoshihiko, Miki Tatsuya who not only work fast but can also produce quality stuff.
But, they are either very busy with other projects and unless the director has contacts with them it's not that easy to get them on board or it's just that those animators simply don't want to work on Super.

Laziness and cheapness is something fans throw at companies who don't know what's going on in the industry and are not even willing to get themselves informed. The staff is working their asses off despite the terrible schedule, so saying that they are lazy and cheap is completely wrong.

As mentioned already, the lack of time and talent is the problem. This video should clear a thing or two for you about the production issues.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:52 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:I can't believe that people aren't hyped that we are finally going to see Dragon Ball's Ultimate God and most powerful being in action! We should all be stoked! We're finally going to find out what Zeno is truly made of. His true colors!
Wouldn't it be nice if he just says disappear and zamasu is gone.. like poof! Vanished..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

buutenks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by buutenks » Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:30 am

i am very curious to see how the omni king will finish off Zamasu.

Plus, while short, Vegetto vs Zamasu will be awesome.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:05 am

Araki wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:
Vegetto vs Buu, in the manga, was a short and fast paced fight that the anime managed to drag out for like four episodes, to the point of almost ruining it, as it was too one-sided for such a length. I was actually afraid they would do it again and running Vegeta into the ground. I take one well done episode over that any day.
Absolutely. Plus Kitano looks like he has a hands of sort in #67 so I'd rather he stay well away from Vegetto.

It's kind of like SSGSS Vegeta vs Freeza. Movie was well animated and quick and to the point. Whereas the show extended it, wasn't well animated and missed the entire point of it.