"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

IndieBooToo
Temporarily Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by IndieBooToo » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:50 pm

sintzu wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:I wonder if this is a one-time thing or if Toe is going to carpet bomb us with images every week to hype up the last leg of the arc? :think:
I think they did this with 109-110 so it seems to be with big events which this is shaping up to be based on who's working on it and based on who's name is in the title. 8)
Yeah Vegeta jobbing is serious business so they need to generate as much hype as possible. :clap:

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:13 pm

IndieBooToo wrote:Yeah Vegeta jobbing is serious business so they need to generate as much hype as possible. :clap:
How is holding up against someone who an UI user had trouble with "jobbing" ? if someone didn't know any better they'd think Vegeta was stronger than everyone he loses to based on how you describe him.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:29 pm

sintzu wrote:How is holding up against someone who an UI user had trouble with "jobbing" ? if someone didn't know any better they'd think Vegeta was stronger than everyone he loses to based on how you describe him.
I find it amusing that people are giving Vegeta grief for being unable to beat Jiren when Goku already got totally shitcanned by the guy three times in the span of two episodes even after getting a new transformation. Whatever Vegeta does in 122 I don't think he's going to top that. :lol:

Professor Freeza
Temporarily Banned

Post by Professor Freeza » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:38 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
sintzu wrote:How is holding up against someone who an UI user had trouble with "jobbing" ? if someone didn't know any better they'd think Vegeta was stronger than everyone he loses to based on how you describe him.
I find it amusing that people are giving Vegeta grief for being unable to beat Jiren when Goku already got totally shitcanned by the guy three times in the span of two episodes even after getting a new transformation. Whatever Vegeta does in 122 I don't think he's going to top that. :lol:

Vegeta haters are damn funny. Best ignore it.

Other than Vegeta, I'm more intrigued about Freeza dyspo than Gohan 17 Toppo.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:03 pm

Why are they hyping this ep up so much? Besides animation, it just seems like a standard episode. We know Vegeta doesn't get eliminated in it either so not much story-wise will happen.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:09 pm

precita wrote:Why are they hyping this ep up so much? Besides animation, it just seems like a standard episode. We know Vegeta doesn't get eliminated in it either so not much story-wise will happen.
Probably because we're getting fights many of us waited a long time to see (U7 vs U11, basically).

At any rate, anyone who thinks that Frieza is trolling Dyspo? Pretending he's getting hit only to pull a "JUST KIDDING!!" like the one he pulled back in ep 95?

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:40 pm

sintzu wrote:
IndieBooToo wrote:Yeah Vegeta jobbing is serious business so they need to generate as much hype as possible. :clap:
How is holding up against someone who an UI user had trouble with "jobbing" ? if someone didn't know any better they'd think Vegeta was stronger than everyone he loses to based on how you describe him.
I feel like it hearkens back to Vegeta physically holding his composure together when confronted by a power level of 24,000 by Goku (using Kaioken) and Vegeta subsequently discarding that power relational tolerance as he's crippling Cui with the exact same disparity arrangement in just one or two blows. It helps Vegeta's image but I feel like it begs the question of why his tolerance is evidently so much greater than others'.

IndieBooToo
Temporarily Banned

Post by IndieBooToo » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:18 pm

Can't wait till Frieza deals with Dyspo and Toppo so he could help Goku in dealing with Jiren.

buutenks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by buutenks » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:40 pm

[spoiler][/spoiler]
IndieBooToo wrote:Can't wait till Frieza deals with Dyspo and Toppo so he could help Goku in dealing with Jiren.
So far, serious Toppo is above Freeza. But we will see.

superfan2024
Regular

Post by superfan2024 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:41 pm

So a guy on Twitter called Disokai (@JohnMaroW) got 2 images from someone and these images are supposedly for next episode (122).

[spoiler]https://twitter.com/JohnMaroW/status/949380967260655617[/spoiler]

[spoiler]It looks like Jiren is blasting Vegeta the same way he blasted Goku in the end of 110.[/spoiler]

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:56 pm

superfan2024 wrote:So a guy on Twitter called Disokai (@JohnMaroW) got 2 images from someone and these images are supposedly for next episode (122).

[spoiler]It looks like Jiren is blasting Vegeta the same way he blasted Goku in the end of 110.[/spoiler]
We already know he does thanks to the NEP:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

IndieBooToo
Temporarily Banned

Post by IndieBooToo » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:57 pm

buutenks wrote:[spoiler][/spoiler]
IndieBooToo wrote:Can't wait till Frieza deals with Dyspo and Toppo so he could help Goku in dealing with Jiren.
So far we haven't seen what Frieza can really do.

ToshioWrites
Temporarily Banned

Post by ToshioWrites » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:33 pm

IndieBooToo wrote:

Don't read the message below unless you want to be spoiled.

[spoiler]Freeza has so much trouble with Dyspo that Gohan has to come help. Also in episode 125, Toppo apparently goes full power by either releasing his god ki or actually becoming the GoD. Freeza was explicitly stated to be as strong as SSB Goku. It is unlikely Freeza can beat Toppo on his own[/spoiler]

IndieBooToo
Temporarily Banned

Post by IndieBooToo » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:43 pm

ToshioWrites wrote:
IndieBooToo wrote:

Don't read the message below unless you want to be spoiled.

[spoiler]Freeza has so much trouble with Dyspo that Gohan has to come help. Also in episode 125, Toppo apparently goes full power by either releasing his god ki or actually becoming the GoD. Freeza was explicitly stated to be as strong as SSB Goku. It is unlikely Freeza can beat Toppo on his own[/spoiler]
What a load of nonsense.

1. We don't see how much trouble Frieza is having with Dyspo as we haven't even seen him in Golden yet. We haven't seen the episodes. Even said episodes have it saying Gohan comes to help Frieza not Frieza asking for help just like Hit didn't need Goku's help to defeat Dyspo.

2. 125 has Toppo going all out apparently but Frieza has yet to go all out either.

3. A one punch spar between Goku and Frieza is not enough to gauge both of their full powers. Beerus only said they were even because both punches knocked each other out and even then Frieza was still in his Golden form. That in no way shows that was his full power. Just that what he used to knock out Goku was equal to what Goku used to knock out Frieza.

So it's likely Frieza could take on Toppo on his own since we haven't seen what he could really do yet.

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:14 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
superfan2024 wrote:So a guy on Twitter called Disokai (@JohnMaroW) got 2 images from someone and these images are supposedly for next episode (122).

We already know he does thanks to the NEP:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
is a little strange because in these two supposed images of EP 122, Vegeta already seems to be a bit hurt when Jiren uses his Ki attack on him.

But in NEP, when Vegeta is being dragged by this Jiren attack, he has no scratches on his face.

Despite this, they seem real

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:13 pm

People thinking they got the entire 411 on the fights based off previews and spoiler sentences. :lol:

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:00 am

Tomorrow we should go to twitter and make popular the hashtag #Vegeta2018Protagonist.

So glad DBS is coming back tomorrow though.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:38 am

perucho1990 wrote:Tomorrow we should go to twitter and make popular the hashtag #Vegeta2018Protagonist.

Lol.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:48 am

perucho1990 wrote:Tomorrow we should go to twitter and make popular the hashtag #Vegeta2018Protagonist.

How about #SabatVDrummondBattleOfVegetas?
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:19 am

Scsigs wrote:

How about #SabatVDrummondBattleOfVegetas?
I'm actually excited for that.