"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Re: Official Announcement Thread & Discussion

Post by Chuquita » Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:10 pm

Oh G. Now I'm picturing 'Whis' like the Whos in Whoville from Dr. Seuss. :lol:
All the Whisses in Whisburg.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Captain Space
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Captain Space » Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:23 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote: That's pathetic. Vegeta/Goku saying they are saiyans doesn't make that their personal name.

Its already bad that Toriyama is getting lazy with character designs, and now he will be lazy to give names too?!
If anything, Whis may be the name of their race. But every race member has his own name to distinguish themselves, just like: earhtlings, saiyans, namekians, gods, even androids and etc...have.
Don't be so dismissive, not all races are the same. Some might have a hive mind sort of thing.

You know, like Ultron. Nobody's pissed off that he didn't name every little bot that shared his consciousness.
"Actually I didn’t know what Bulma’s real hair color was" --Toriyama

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:42 pm

Whis identity is one of the most gripping mysteries much more than Champa.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:48 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:Broli could have been great if his backstory was freshen out better. I always felt like him going crazy over Goku crying was stupid. He could have been like a mix between The Joker and Hulk, but sadly that never happen.
Broly was fine in Movie 8 once he got free of his Father, M10 is the reason that people hate Broly.

valfranx
Beyond Newbie

Post by valfranx » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:58 pm

by the visa dbs it goes in the same period that beerus awoke.
一方、宇宙の彼方では39年ぶりに目覚めた破壊神ビルスが、予知夢で見た自分のライバルになり得るであろう何者かの名前を思い出すべく奮闘していた。果たしてその者の名前は!?
http://www.toei-anim.co.jp/tv/dragon_s/ ... summary/2/

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:01 pm

New Dragon Ball Super figures revealed:

Could that new character be the "dinosaur guy with the nasty attitude" that Beerus asked to destroy Earth? And does this mean we will see Coola in Super? If so, I'm hoping it's just a flash back and there is no Resurrection of C.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:03 pm

I will facepalm myself repeatedly if we see Coola in Super.

He has no place there at all.

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:06 pm

Doctor. wrote:I will facepalm myself repeatedly if we see Coola in Super.

They have been including filler characters, so he could be mentioned, and I wouldn't mind if he is, but I don't want him coming back.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:10 pm

They've been including irrelevant character as a nod to the fans.

Coola is kind of a big deal. At least when Battle of Gods put King Veggiemeister in there, Vegeta Jr seemed different than the filler/TV special versions of him.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:14 pm

UpFromTheSkies wrote:

They have been including filler characters, so he could be mentioned, and I wouldn't mind if he is, but I don't want him coming back.
Seconded. Although, I've always wanted Cooler to be officially recognized by Toriyama, I want it to done through lip service or a very brief cameo in a flashback. He has no place in Super.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:34 pm

That's weird... Mr Toriyama must really have rediscovered his passion for everything Freeza related. Makes more and more curious about the FnF arc.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:46 pm

UpFromTheSkies wrote: Could that new character be the "dinosaur guy with the nasty attitude" that Beerus asked to destroy Earth? And does this mean we will see Coola in Super? If so, I'm hoping it's just a flash back and there is no Resurrection of C.
Pretty sure that's just one of Frieza's men. Beerus was likely referring to T-Rex or something.

I don't mind as long as we don't get scenes from his movies. Frieza mentioning a brother, and them showing a shot of him wouldn't bother me. Just shows Cooler is canon, but not necessarily Cooler from the movies.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:54 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:
UpFromTheSkies wrote: Could that new character be the "dinosaur guy with the nasty attitude" that Beerus asked to destroy Earth? And does this mean we will see Coola in Super? If so, I'm hoping it's just a flash back and there is no Resurrection of C.
Pretty sure that's just one of Freeza's men. Beerus was likely referring to T-Rex or something.
You think Beerus asked a T-Rex to destroy Earth for him?

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:59 pm

UpFromTheSkies wrote: And does this mean we will see Coola in Super? If so, I'm hoping it's just a flash back and there is no Resurrection of C.
Nah, they are just figures released along with the show. ROF key chains had key chains for SSj3 Vegito and Uub. Neither of them show up in the movie.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Araki
Advanced Regular

Post by Araki » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:17 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:
UpFromTheSkies wrote: And does this mean we will see Coola in Super? If so, I'm hoping it's just a flash back and there is no Resurrection of C.
Nah, they are just figures released along with the show. ROF key chains had key chains for SSj3 Vegito and Uub. Neither of them show up in the movie.
This. And why are people overlooking the DragonBall Z logo? There would be no reason to have it there if those were all Super-related figures..

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:04 am

UpFromTheSkies wrote:
fadeddreams5 wrote:
Pretty sure that's just one of Freeza's men. Beerus was likely referring to T-Rex or something.
You think Beerus asked a T-Rex to destroy Earth for him?
My guess is a mistranslation.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

funrush
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by funrush » Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:20 am

I'm pretty sure that figure line just wanted to do all Freeza related characters to plug RoF but Cooler and Cold would be interesting additions.

Sora Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Sora Saiyan » Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:08 am

I'm hoping they are figures that are there just because they are Freeza related. I also don't want Coola appearing in Super, like others have said, he really shouldn't have a place here.

Dbzejo
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dbzejo » Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:12 am

I like how some people still think that GT is canon even if it showed Cooler escaping from Hell. That situation alone is enough to prove it all...

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:34 am

There were Broli figures under the Kai branding. Don't worry about this kind of stuff. They sure don't.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::