"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Noah » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:30 pm

Legion wrote:Is just an opening, guys.
Indeed. No need to speculate the lyrics.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:39 pm

perucho1990 wrote:
mfwlegend3 wrote:
I kind of expected this. Again, assuming Jiren is the mortal who is stronger than a God of Destruction (which I believe is obvious), then Goku being able to exchange blows with him would put him on such a high level.
I think it became more obvious when MSSJB Vegeta forced Beerus to fight seriously in the manga, and MSSJB wont be able to do jack to Jiren in the manga(for the looks of it), which is why Goku will have a new form, it should put him at least Hakaishin level...

HeroR wrote:
Jesus. He did not. Merged Zamasu was fallen apart and weakened and Trunks needed the power of others to strike the blow.
Merged Zamasu said that the final kamehameha didnt do anything, while when Trunks pierced him he said "What is this power?". Yes I know that he needed help to reach the genkidama mode, and it was only a temporary form.

In the manga was a similar thing but with Goku, Goku should be capable of hakaing Vegetto because he was close to deleting Merged Zamasu
vegito has that ability too you know this right?
vegito woukd stomp mssjb goku given merged zamasu was still stronger than him and he got stomped by vegito

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:40 pm

perucho1990 wrote:
mfwlegend3 wrote:
I kind of expected this. Again, assuming Jiren is the mortal who is stronger than a God of Destruction (which I believe is obvious), then Goku being able to exchange blows with him would put him on such a high level.
I think it became more obvious when MSSJB Vegeta forced Beerus to fight seriously in the manga, and MSSJB wont be able to do jack to Jiren in the manga(for the looks of it), which is why Goku will have a new form, it should put him at least Hakaishin level...

HeroR wrote:
Jesus. He did not. Merged Zamasu was fallen apart and weakened and Trunks needed the power of others to strike the blow.
Merged Zamasu said that the final kamehameha didnt do anything, while when Trunks pierced him he said "What is this power?". Yes I know that he needed help to reach the genkidama mode, and it was only a temporary form.

In the manga was a similar thing but with Goku, Goku should be capable of hakaing Vegetto because he was close to deleting Merged Zamasu
Merged Zamasu said no such thing and it was stated that Merged Zamasu's body was falling apart. And Trunks at his best was only equal to weaker to Goku and Vegeta.

Haki has only be used on people weaker or equal to it. Not stronger since Vegetto Blue was vastly stronger than Merged Zamasu in the manga while Mastered Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Goku was about equal to Merged Zamasu.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:41 pm

Noah wrote:
everybody has to speculate on the littlest thibgs

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:47 pm

Ki Breaker wrote: Only if she is the mixture of gt pan and multiverse bulla..
Why would you want to unleash such a fresh spawn of hell on this world!?
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:49 pm

Kanassa wrote:
why not? :wink:

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:58 pm

pacz360 wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
Multiverse Bra with Pan's voice... I'M DEAF ENOUGH AS IT IS!
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:10 pm

Kanassa wrote:
pacz360 wrote:
Kanassa wrote: Why would you want to unleash such a fresh spawn of hell on this world!?
Multiverse Bra with Pan's voice... I'M DEAF ENOUGH AS IT IS!
Your deaf?

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by OLKv3 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:16 pm

Noah wrote:
What are you talking about? It's 100% FACT that it means Gohan is gonna kill Grand Priest and fight Zeno!

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:22 pm

pacz360 wrote: vegito has that ability too you know this right?
vegito woukd stomp mssjb goku given merged zamasu was still stronger than him and he got stomped by vegito
Then Why didnt Vegetto use MSSJB instead of the Final Kamehameha?
HeroR wrote:
Merged Zamasu said no such thing and it was stated that Merged Zamasu's body was falling apart. And Trunks at his best was only equal to weaker to Goku and Vegeta.

Haki has only be used on people weaker or equal to it. Not stronger since Vegetto Blue was vastly stronger than Merged Zamasu in the manga while Mastered Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Goku was about equal to Merged Zamasu.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92wk0cNckOA

Didnt do dmg, and in the manga Vegetto failed to launch it, looks part in Toriyamas outline said that Vegettos final kamehameha was supposed to fail.

Trunks became miles stronger than Goku and Vegeta because he gained their God Ki(besides the humans energy), its obvious that he reached a level that even makes him stronger than Jiren :)

About Hakai, if it was going to fail, then why did Merged Zamasu use Mai as a hostage? Even he said that he didnt want to use that cheap tactic, later Beerus said that he cant kill immortals, so did Toyotaro imply Gokus hakai > Beerus hakai?

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:28 pm

perucho1990 wrote:
pacz360 wrote: vegito has that ability too you know this right?
Then Why didnt Vegetto use MSSJB instead of the Final Kamehameha?
HeroR wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92wk0cNckOA

Didnt do dmg, and in the manga Vegetto failed to launch it, looks part in Toriyamas outline said that Vegettos final kamehameha was supposed to fail.

Trunks became miles stronger than Goku and Vegeta because he gained their God Ki(besides the humans energy), its obvious that he reached a level that even makes him stronger than Jiren :)

About Hakai, if it was going to fail, then why did Merged Zamasu use Mai as a hostage? Even he said that he didnt want to use that cheap tactic, later Beerus said that he cant kill immortals, so did Toyotaro imply Gokus hakai > Beerus hakai?
It clearly hurt him, just didn't kill him.

Trunks only became stronger after he absorbed the Spirit Bomb, not before, and that is just you guessing on Jiren so not sure why you even put that there.

Beerus didn't think that he could kill Merged Zamasu with Haki, so although Merged Zamasu though he could die, it wouldn't have since I would think Beerus would know how Haki worked better than Goku. It's more implied that Goku doesn't know what the heck he's talking about.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Whatever
Regular

Post by Whatever » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:30 pm

OLKv3 wrote:
Noah wrote:
What are you talking about? It's 100% FACT that it means Gohan is gonna kill Grand Priest and fight Zeno!
Whoa man,i think you mean my boy Ultimate Gohan is gonna absorb Jirren and he is gonna get his new form,Ultimate Gohan The Gray,he will then beat up the Grand Priest(not kill since he is a nice guy)and then Hakai Zeno,its in the opening how can you miss it?

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:37 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Legion wrote:
Daemul wrote:Welp, guess I was wrong, the Survivor is clearly Gohan, nobody else fits Goku's description in that second verse.
Is just an opening, guys.
Gohan is not winning this by himself as that what just be a huge insult to all the characters that train and like to fight. He can't just train for a day and win it by himself.
Someone didn't watch the Buu saga, where Gohan literally trains for a day, gets a powerup familiar to his other ones and becomes supposedly the strongest character up until the end of Z.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:48 pm

Even without the lyrics, Gohan going the distance has always been likely. The way this saga seems to be shaping up, Goku and or Freeza seem like the only people with a chance of either outlasting Gohan or going the distance with him.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:57 pm

If Goku didn't get a new form I'd think Gohan might have a shot of being the final fighter standing, but I can't see them giving Goku a new transformation just to have him fail and Gohan take over. If Gohan is still not on Blue level, then this new form should put Goku on Jiren's level or more.

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:46 pm

Michsi wrote:Well, in the official German version Goku' s line is something like " Hey, last time we've met was five years ago." Doesn't seem to be about who usually visits who. Unless the original really does imply something else.
Goku: "Yo, it's been a while!"
Bloomer: "Seriously, 'it's been a while'? If we/I let you be, you never come see us/me! You've always been like that!"
Goku: "Don't say that, we've just met five years ago or so, haven't we?"
Bloomer: "Five years!! Five. Years. Even when all of us get together you say you won't come because you have to train!!"

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:05 pm

alakazam^ wrote:Bloomer: "Five years!! Five. Years. Even when all of us get together you say you won't come because you have to train!!"
Proving that Bulma was not using a figure of speech, it's literally 5 years, but I wonder wasn't that already contradicted in Super? Which year this current arc is set? How many years are left for the 28th Tenkaichi Budokai?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:13 pm

Noah wrote:
alakazam^ wrote:Bloomer: "Five years!! Five. Years. Even when all of us get together you say you won't come because you have to train!!"
Proving that Bulma was not using a figure of speech, it's literally 5 years, but I wonder wasn't that already contradicted in Super? Which year this current arc is set? How many years are left for the 28th Tenkaichi Budokai?
We're in late 780, the end of Z is in May 784.
Last edited by ArchedThunder on Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MR.Mark

Post by MR.Mark » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:15 pm

I'm very interested to see how the Super writers will address the 5 year thing. They must be aware of it by now.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:18 pm

MR.Mark wrote:I'm very interested to see how the Super writers will address the 5 year thing. They must be aware of it by now.
Simple, ignore it.
I fully expect the end of Z to be reanimated and if they do so they can easily adjust anything they need to.