"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Re: Official Announcement Thread & Discussion

Post by Chuquita » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:56 pm

The translation on the main page makes me think it's a retelling. A rebogging, if you will. :3

I'm ok with this. Mostly because I like BOG and after F, this may be my last chance to see ssjg Gokû make an adorable appearance.

Also, good on them giving Goten possible character development outside of Trunks.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:58 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:Hence why I'm hyped! Goku bonding with his look a like baby boy is something I find pleasure in :clap:
I think Gohan would be piss off that he´s spending more time with Goten than he did with him (father-son bonding), though he is now an adult, so it won´t happen.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

Cadellin

Post by Cadellin » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:00 pm

AjayLikesGaming wrote:
JulieYBM wrote:Wow, the animation looks horrible. Much planning, Toei Animation.
I was waiting for someone to bring that up. Champa and fem!Whis look really badly drawn and Beerus' fighting that weird Shisami look-a-like was awful stuff.

Can't say it dampens my excitement. I'm still buzzing over plot details.

>Toei

ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA!
Any thoughts on what this new character is?

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:01 pm

Cadellin wrote:Any thoughts on what this new character is?
Probably some random alien that tried to kill Beerus on a planet the God of Destruction wanted to destroy?

Doesn't seem all that important.
I think Gohan would be piss off that he´s spending more time with Goten than he did with him (father-son bonding), though he is now an adult, so it won´t happen.
Goku spent 4 years with Gohan at the start of Z, then 3 years until the androids and then 1 year in the RoSaT. That's 8 years in total.

Depending on the timeframe this series takes place, he spent like 1-5 years with Goten.
Last edited by Doctor. on Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fexus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by fexus » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:01 pm

Chuquita wrote:The translation on the main page makes me think it's a retelling. A rebogging, if you will. :3

I'm ok with this. Mostly because I like BOG and after F, this may be my last chance to see ssjg Gokû make an adorable appearance.

Also, good on them giving Goten possible character development outside of Trunks.
Or it could mean that they add some other stuff to the already present story. Doesn't mean the story in BoG and RoF change.
I ask thou, WHY MUST IT BE ME?
Your weakness is your strength.
Are you reading this? If you are, I just want to let you know that I'm a GREAT GUY. :lol:

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:03 pm

fexus wrote:
Chuquita wrote:The translation on the main page makes me think it's a retelling. A rebogging, if you will. :3

Or it could mean that they add some other stuff to the already present story. Doesn't mean the story in BoG and RoF change.
How could they add stuff when it doesn't fit into the story? They can add stuff without changing the overall plot sure, but they have to change stuff in order to make the new stuff fit. And if they're already gonna change stuff, why not go the extra mile and make an alternative version?

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:03 pm

Well I am sold. This looks hella fun. Can't wait :D

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:03 pm

Cadellin wrote:Any thoughts on what this new character is?
It reminds me a lot of Shisami's design from Revival of 'F'. Like a beautiful unicorn transformation!

It won't be, though. It'll likely be an alien attempting to save his planet from Beerus' destruction.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

Ushabtis
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ushabtis » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:05 pm

>probably bog retelling
not to excited about that but the trailer looks fun. Plus if its really a BOG retelling that means drunk Saiyaman might make an appearance. :o
Doctor. wrote:Goku spent 4 years with Gohan at the start of Z, then 3 years until the androids and then 1 year in the RoSaT. That's 8 years in total. Depending on the timeframe this series takes place, he spent like 1-5 years with Goten.
thats kinda sad...
Jaco the Super Elite with The Great Saiyaman fighting crime for a spin-off series. Make it happen Toriyama

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:05 pm

Soooo.... Champa was confirmed to be a god of destruction.

I think he looks lame. That said, the female attendant looks awesome. <3
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Avery
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Avery » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:07 pm

Lady Whis looks kinda ugly :lol: It could be the animation though.
Also, what's Goku dragging? Is that still considered "training" for him?
An angry Final Fantasy fan wrote: And after all the outrage, when I'm ready, I'll go out on to GameStop and buy a Persona 5 copy. And when my mother finds me investing my precious time trying to bond with this hot anime girl, I'll look straight into her eyes and say "but have you looked at the menu screen? have you actually seen the menu screen? In that very moment, she knows. She fucking knows. As she handles me the nugget pieces she previously cooked for me, she leaves my room with these words: "Persona 5 is the true savior of the JRPG".
VegettoEX wrote: In a blunt nutshell, no-one wants to read bullshit. Don't post bullshit. Be a cool person that posts cool things that other people would actually want to read. Don't be Zamasu from episode 63 talking to himself.

Sora Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Sora Saiyan » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:09 pm

Maybe this is gonna be a fleshed out BoG, sort of like the 120 minute version that Toriyama made originally, but with even more scenes. :)

Oh, and I think the animation looks ok, it's definitely not bad. At least IMO it's not.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:09 pm

Since it's doubtful Gokuu will actually fight in the first episode that scene of Beers fighting the red being with the horn is probably our consolation prize. Being a consolation prize would also explain why it looks like complete crap.

That and there simply are no good key animators around to make it look better.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:11 pm

Just please TOEI do not mention the weight of what Goku is pulling, like the 40tons bs!

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:14 pm

Well the new preview has me hype up now. I wonder if the red guy fighting Beerus could be our main villain for the first saga of the show? He looks kinda cool.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

fexus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by fexus » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:16 pm

Doctor. wrote: How could they add stuff when it doesn't fit into the story? They can add stuff without changing the overall plot sure, but they have to change stuff in order to make the new stuff fit. And if they're already gonna change stuff, why not go the extra mile and make an alternative version?
We don't even know if this isn't going to fit into the story. For all we know it would fit.
I ask thou, WHY MUST IT BE ME?
Your weakness is your strength.
Are you reading this? If you are, I just want to let you know that I'm a GREAT GUY. :lol:

Sora Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Sora Saiyan » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:18 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:Just please TOEI do not mention the weight of what Goku is pulling, like the 40tons bs!
To be fair it's worth mentioning, if it's more than 40 by quite a bit it could put the 40 ton thing to bed. Although the 40 ton training was supposed to be so difficult because he was flying.

Saiyan007
Regular

Post by Saiyan007 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:18 pm

does anyone know the background song in the new trailer?

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:19 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:Soooo.... Champa was confirmed to be a god of destruction.

I think he looks lame. That said, the female attendant looks awesome. <3
H-He was...?

I mean, Goku just says "God of Destruction Beerus and Champa"... I think "God of Destruction" here is referring to Beerus only.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:20 pm

If we're rebogging after all, I would love to get to see the amazing, unused Vegeta reaction faces from the mook used in this version:
That bottom middle one especially. :mrgreen:
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!