"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by SupremeKai25 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:37 pm

Comparing Boruto antagonists to Super antagonists is an insult. Who cares about those stupid white aliens, I bet most people don't even remember their names LOLOL. Meanwhile Beerus, Hit, Zamasu, Kefla, Jiren, etc. are all super popular. Moro will be popular too once he is animated.

See, you can hate Super as much as you want, but the new major characters that Super introduced are already super popular and iconic, that's pretty much a fact.

Plus just because a character is old doesn't mean they are popular. Cell was introduced back in Dragon Ball Z, but he is not very popular, certainly not in Japan. He is always pretty low on the list whenever I watch polls of the most popular characters/villains in Dragon Ball. In fact there's a reason why they picked Frieza over Cell or even Buu in the ToP arc.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:31 pm

It’s extremely sad that Perfect Cell was so unpopular.. He was my absolute favorite villain of Z and Dragon Ball right behind Buutenks and Buuhan! Especially Super Perfect Cell!

I always liked him, he was very handsome (no gay), elegant, stylish, and feminine (in a good way), (Freeza was feminine in a BAD way!) my opinion xD I never liked Freeza.. Always hated him! In Super, he has at least become a little more memorable, especially in the later stages during the ToP.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:51 am

To be honest I can see why Cell is less popular as a character. He kills all his narrative potential almost as soon as he appears and the second he becomes perfect his character becomes far less interesting or defined. What’s worse in the manga and to a lesser digress in the anime is that since Cell copies peoples moves he has very little in the way of iconic attacks or surprises. In the manga perfect cell just spams the Kamehameha.

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:17 pm

https://twitter.com/DB_super2015/status ... 1991472128

Dragon Ball Super will have a rebroadcast starting on February 14th on BS Fuji every sunday at 10:00 AM (JST).
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:32 am

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:17 pm https://twitter.com/DB_super2015/status ... 1991472128

Dragon Ball Super will have a rebroadcast starting on February 14th on BS Fuji every sunday at 10:00 AM (JST).
So it is weekly, then, as expected. Oh well, it's not like it necessarily needs to mean anything that that's how they've set it up. It could be a sign that nothing's coming for years, or it could be a separate airing that's completely irrelevant to a hypothetical release schedule for new episodes.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:56 am

Alruneia wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:32 amIt could be a sign that nothing's coming for years, or it could be a separate airing that's completely irrelevant to a hypothetical release schedule for new episodes.
Based on how many projects Toei is currently working on, DB's potential return lines up pretty well with when these reruns will potentially end. I do agree that it could mean nothing, but I think a sequel to Super in 2023 is a safe bet to make, assuming we don't get a movie that year or even next year.

DestructoDisc
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DestructoDisc » Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:59 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:31 pm It’s extremely sad that Perfect Cell was so unpopular.. He was my absolute favorite villain of Z and Dragon Ball right behind Buutenks and Buuhan! Especially Super Perfect Cell!

I always liked him, he was very handsome (no gay), elegant, stylish, and feminine (in a good way), (Freeza was feminine in a BAD way!) my opinion xD I never liked Freeza.. Always hated him! In Super, he has at least become a little more memorable, especially in the later stages during the ToP.
No offense but how was Cell feminine? And what do you mean feminine in a good way, while Freeza was feminine in a bad way?

And how was Cell stylish when he wore no clothes at all? Or am I misunderstanding the word here?

But yeah I loved Cell too but I also loved Freeza. I only disliked Buutenks and Buuhan cause it ruined what made Fat Buu and Super Buu unique when it comes to DB villains, and he just became a pink Perfect Cell when it comes to personality.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:56 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:31 pm It’s extremely sad that Perfect Cell was so unpopular.. He was my absolute favorite villain of Z and Dragon Ball right behind Buutenks and Buuhan! Especially Super Perfect Cell!

I don't really understand this post.

Honey, if you think Freeza's hot it's okay, I want to destroy that little twink, too!

I also want to call Cell 'Daddy'!
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:37 pm

I really don’t know how to explain this lol😂 Perfect Cell was certainly feminine to a degree, since he absorbed Android 18 who is female, and you could also clearly see the femininity in him! xD As for their differences, I dunno, this is probably going to sound somewhat weird😂 Perfect Cell has a “masculine femininity” to him, while Frieza has an old granny “feminine femininity” to him lol. But Perfect Cell has that awesome “catchy titles!” vibe going to him. I think this conversation is going nowhere lol but it does put a smile on my face and I certainly think he has style. He also has a much more youthful look to him. Like that cool uncle in the shadows, or that awesome big brother! Frieza looks like an evil grandmother that tortures people!

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:33 pm

precita wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:51 am They are never going to bring Cell back, lol.

Huh? Wasn't Cell announced to be part of Heroes shorts with a couple of other villains? Also I hope they do animate him well, not like that Illusion Forest episode where he barely had any movement because animators where lazy as f**k.
Neo-Makaiōshin wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:17 pm https://twitter.com/DB_super2015/status ... 1991472128

I thought we didn't had rebroadcasts in Japan... I always though an series just aired on TV one time to never come back again lol (silly me)

Because had ever original DB, Z, GT a redbroadcast in Japan after their first airing?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:15 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:56 am Based on how many projects Toei is currently working on, DB's potential return lines up pretty well with when these reruns will potentially end. I do agree that it could mean nothing, but I think a sequel to Super in 2023 is a safe bet to make, assuming we don't get a movie that year or even next year.
It really depends on what they want to do, but 2023 seems a wise bet for the anime to come back.

If Toyotaro takes his time with the new arc like he did with Moro arc it may only end in 2022.
Dragon Quest: The Adventure of Dai Remake is confirmed to cover the whole manga, which may give it around 100+ episodes and not end before 2023. There's good staff there and if DBS could get some of them, it would be great.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:34 am

GodVegetto91 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:37 pm I really don’t know how to explain this lol😂 Perfect Cell was certainly feminine to a degree, since he absorbed Android 18 who is female, and you could also clearly see the femininity in him! xD As for their differences, I dunno, this is probably going to sound somewhat weird😂 Perfect Cell has a “masculine femininity” to him, while Frieza has an old granny “feminine femininity” to him lol. But Perfect Cell has that awesome “catchy titles!” vibe going to him. I think this conversation is going nowhere lol but it does put a smile on my face and I certainly think he has style. He also has a much more youthful look to him. Like that cool uncle in the shadows, or that awesome big brother! Frieza looks like an evil grandmother that tortures people!
Cell isn't feminine, he's just well groomed. He's a twunk (twink hunk hybrid), a man who takes care of his hygiene and looks like women are societally expected to. Freeza on the other hand is a femboy: fresh, feminine and fined-figured but a boy and thus extremely hot.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:26 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:56 am
Alruneia wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:32 amIt could be a sign that nothing's coming for years, or it could be a separate airing that's completely irrelevant to a hypothetical release schedule for new episodes.
Based on how many projects Toei is currently working on, DB's potential return lines up pretty well with when these reruns will potentially end. I do agree that it could mean nothing, but I think a sequel to Super in 2023 is a safe bet to make, assuming we don't get a movie that year or even next year.

It's safe to assume an animated sequel simply does not exist, untill the opposite is proven.
That's about it.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:38 pm

Mister_Popo wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:26 pmIt's safe to assume an animated sequel simply does not exist, untill the opposite is proven. That's about it.
Thanks for pointing out the obvious. We know it doesn't exist, but if we were to guess when it potentially could, then 2023 is a good guess as that's when major projects like DQ might be ending.

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:04 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:38 pm
Mister_Popo wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:26 pmIt's safe to assume an animated sequel simply does not exist, untill the opposite is proven. That's about it.
Thanks for pointing out the obvious. We know it doesn't exist, but if we were to guess when it potentially could, then 2023 is a good guess as that's when major projects like DQ might be ending.

"Safe bet" = confident expression, more pointing towards a probability or almost a certainty
"Potentially could" = neutral expression, different meaning than the former

Jiren The Alpha
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Jiren The Alpha » Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:47 am

Remember when people said that "they are milking Dragon Ball".....i wish.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:37 am

Jiren The Alpha wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:47 am Remember when people said that "they are milking Dragon Ball".....i wish.
But they are! They're milking its popularity by not producing anything else than Heroes!

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:51 am

sangofe wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:37 am
Jiren The Alpha wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:47 am Remember when people said that "they are milking Dragon Ball".....i wish.
But they are! They're milking its popularity by not producing anything else than Heroes!
When they bring the anime back and make like 20 filler episodes before delving into the Moro arc, you'll be complaining all the same.

At least I'm assuming you're being serious right now.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:10 am

SupremeKai25 wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:51 am
When they bring the anime back and make like 20 filler episodes before delving into the Moro arc, you'll be complaining all the same.

Who's complaining and will be? I enjoyed the filler arc and filler episodes in Super.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:13 am

sangofe wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:10 am
SupremeKai25 wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:51 am

Who's complaining and will be? I enjoyed the filler arc and filler episodes in Super.
Did you, or did you not just complain that Toei are milking the franchise?