"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:42 pm

Dragonballgod19 wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:Vegeta needs to have a really decent moment in the Tournament.

To lose to Brianne without doing anything relevant (he defeated U9, but that's not even close to its importance for the series) would totally rule out the character.
He does not have to be defeated for other characters to stand out.

If he defeats Toppo or Hitto it's already good
He already did him and goku solo a universe he has the highest knock outs on the team and getting a lot of screen time ever since the tournament started wtf and he's literally getting more
As I said, this is far from representing the true importance of Vegeta in Dragon Ball.

He defeated an entire universe with Goku, Freeza and the android 18, not to mention that they were not as strong.
So much so that he did not even have to turn into SSB (he only turned to defeat the dangers trio, and he did not need to either).

He must defeat an important character in the tournament, like Hitto or Toppo

Dragonballgod19
Banned

Post by Dragonballgod19 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:18 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote:
Dragonballgod19 wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:Vegeta needs to have a really decent moment in the Tournament.

To lose to Brianne without doing anything relevant (he defeated U9, but that's not even close to its importance for the series) would totally rule out the character.

He already did him and goku solo a universe he has the highest knock outs on the team and getting a lot of screen time ever since the tournament started wtf and he's literally getting more
As I said, this is far from representing the true importance of Vegeta in Dragon Ball.

He defeated an entire universe with Goku, Freeza and the android 18, not to mention that they were not as strong.
So much so that he did not even have to turn into SSB (he only turned to defeat the dangers trio, and he did not need to either).

Oh ok

The_Destroyer
Regular

Post by The_Destroyer » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:31 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote:
Dragonballgod19 wrote:

He'd gotten so much spotlight in the u6 and Black arc already. I don't see what's wrong with him being sidelined so early. Hell it's happened to other seemingly important characters.

For the record I don't think he'll lose to rebrianne

Yedis
Beyond Newbie

Post by Yedis » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:40 pm

Ribrianne may be a red herring in that she might not be the biggest threat from U2.

Remember the 2 shadowy figures for U2 haven't been introduced yet.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:47 pm

My last predictions before 103 preview comes out.

U4 might be the true dark horse of the ToP, while they lost some fighters they have some that could be dangerous. For example that mage girl, if Toei is smart, they would make her a broken character like Raven from the Teen Titans.

The_Destroyer
Regular

Post by The_Destroyer » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:53 pm

Yedis wrote:Ribrianne may be a red herring in that she might not be the biggest threat from U2.

And Thanos as well

RedHeat
Regular

Post by RedHeat » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:02 pm

The_Destroyer wrote:
Yedis wrote:Ribrianne may be a red herring in that she might not be the biggest threat from U2.

And Thanos as well
There's going to be a crossover? [spoiler]hahaha[/spoiler]

But seriously though, I think we're due an arcly "filler" episode so I think ep 103 might be that.
Feels over Reals.

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:13 pm

The_Destroyer wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:
Dragonballgod19 wrote: He already did him and goku solo a universe he has the highest knock outs on the team and getting a lot of screen time ever since the tournament started wtf and he's literally getting more

He'd gotten so much spotlight in the u6 and Black arc already. I don't see what's wrong with him being sidelined so early. Hell it's happened to other seemingly important characters.

For the record I don't think he'll lose to rebrianne
Vegeta could have beaten them even more quickly if he had been going with everything from the beginning.

They were not warriors on his level, even Goku would win.
I'm talking about a really powerful enemy, with a power equal to his for example.
They were just inferior or weak opponents

Vegeta123
Banned

Post by Vegeta123 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:53 pm

I laugh at those who complain that this is the Goku and Vegeta show.

Outside of Freeza and maybe Gohan, everybody else shouldn't be in this tournament. Their stories ended long ago. Humans haven't been relevant since Dragonball, the cyborgs were never really part of the crew until now, and that hideous green slug isn't even worth mentioning.

Goku and Vegeta sell. They are the drivers of the show. They bring in the ratings. They should be the main guys fighting the villain. Every time I see those other guys standing I smile. Because they know their place. The writers know what they're doing from this aspect, I applaud them.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:20 am

Akyon wrote:
Dragonballgod19 wrote:It's pretty obvious Freeza only back to get stomp by jiren
Frieza's got his own subplot of underhandedly fucking over universe 7, teaming up with Frost .
I'd love it if this ended up as the two of them also secretly intending to screw each other over, resulting in a double back stabbing.

Also, now that I looked into the DB heroes spoiler, I actually feel less inclined to follow this arc to the end. It's pretty much exactly as expected.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:24 am

Michsi wrote:[Also, now that I looked into the DB heroes spoiler,
What spoiler? :eh:
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

omaro34

Post by omaro34 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:27 am

Man I can't wait for the spoilers. Please don't disappoint me Super.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:29 am

Grimlock wrote:
I'm guessing the trailers of Goku and Freeza fighting Jiren, and or the one showing Goku fighting Toppo and also showed Brianne and later Kale. But those aren't spoilers, nor are they even guaranteed foreshadows of things to come. Heroes is really just something to keep on your mind as it's fairly hit or miss, but the fact that it has foreshadowed things before is why you shouldn't completely disregard it.
omaro34 wrote:Man I can't wait for the spoilers. Please don't disappoint me Super.
We're getting spoilers for episode 103 later today right? I'm honestly pretty excited for spoilers later today and can't wait for the episode spoilers for next week (hopefully next week we get episode spoilers for 103-106).

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:31 am

Jigurashi wrote:
Grimlock wrote:
I'm guessing the trailers of Goku and Freeza fighting Jiren, ....
Right, sorry, guess spoiler was not the right word for it. Didn't mean to mislead.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:32 am

Jigurashi wrote:I'm guessing the trailers of Goku and Freeza fighting Jiren, and or the one showing Goku fighting Toppo and also showed Brianne and later Kale. But those aren't spoilers, nor are they even guaranteed foreshadows of things to come. Heroes is really just something to keep on your mind as it's fairly hit or miss, but the fact that it has foreshadowed things before is why you shouldn't completely disregard it.
Those trailers are only promoting characters that are/will be playable. SDBH5 showed just Jiren and Golden Freeza because they're already playable. SDBH6 shows Brianne, Kale and Toppo certainly because they're gonna be playable by the next mission. It doesn't "spoil" anything.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:33 am

omaro34 wrote:Man I can't wait for the spoilers. Please don't disappoint me Super.
I hope the Jump preview for 103 doesn't spoil how 102 ends.
It'd be great if they're still fighting the magical girls in 103.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:36 am

ArchedThunder wrote:
I hope for that too. Though the NEP had me curious. It had that one scene where all of those U2 people where cheering. Was that suppose to mean they were eliminated?

omaro34

Post by omaro34 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:40 am

ArchedThunder wrote:
I wouldn't mind fresh blood lasting a bit longer in Super, so I agree. Those five pride troopers from last episode weren't really memorable and didn't last long.

Some of those stoic guys from universe 7 will have a hard time keeping their composure against those magical girls.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:41 am

Jigurashi wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:
I hope for that too. Though the NEP had me curious. It had that one scene where all of those U2 people where cheering. Was that suppose to mean they were eliminated?
You can see the debris of the stage behind them.

MainJPW
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MainJPW » Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:23 am

The_Destroyer wrote: And Thanos as well
I at least want him to back hand a couple guys off the arena.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]