"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by shadowmaria » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:00 pm

*inhales via the nose*

Can you smell that?

It's the smell of the second last set of monthly spoilers fast approaching this week

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:01 pm

shadowmaria wrote:*inhales via the nose*

Can you smell that?

It's the smell of the second last set of monthly spoilers fast approaching this week
When?
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:04 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:
shadowmaria wrote:*inhales via the nose*

Can you smell that?

When?
At anytime now.

buutenks

Post by buutenks » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:11 pm

How many ep titles we getting?2-3? Shouldnt we be getting 5?

Still tho, we will know how it will all end based on the titles. So i cannot wait. i want them spoilers NOW!!!!!!!!!!

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:18 pm

buutenks wrote:How many ep titles we getting?2-3? Shouldnt we be getting 5?

Still tho, we will know how it will all end based on the titles. So i cannot wait. i want them spoilers NOW!!!!!!!!!!
It'll probably be three. 127, 128, and 129. There's no episode the week of the 24th because of the Tokyo Marathon. If we're lucky we might get one for the March 11th episode.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:27 pm

I've been hoping all day those 2nd to last set of spoilers would appear. I haven't checked around for NewType itself yet. Maybe I'll check that.

Edit: The issue's cover and a poster insert for some other show are up, but that's it.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Black Hawk
Regular

Post by Black Hawk » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:48 pm

This isn't so much a prediction as it is what I'd like to see. Assuming that we're sticking to the recent pattern of one minute of the tournament per episode, with each episode ending with "x minutes remain", the final minute of the tournament would conclude at the end of episode 130, leaving episode 131 to do everything else, i.e. the wish, the aftermath, returning to Earth, concluding the series. Here's half how I see episode 131 playing out and half how I hope it will play out:

1ST HALF

Gokū or Jiren makes a wish on the Super Dragon Balls and the aftermath of the tournament plays out with each team returning to its respective home universe. There isn't really enough information to determine who will have won or what his wish will be. Freeza's fate is still as-of-yet unknown, so I'm leaving him out of the next part.

2ND HALF

Super takes a page from the manga version of the Boo arc when the battle concluded (i.e. no dialogue, simply panels depicting what happened when the heroes defeated Boo and were welcomed back to Earth) by playing Chozetsu Dynamic while, in the absence of dialogue, the heroes of Universe Seven are welcomed back to Earth and Gokū uses his Instantaneous Movement to take the entire group (minus Vegeta, assuming they immediately return to Capsule Corp.) to various locations to drop people off, first stopping by Tianjinfan's place to drop him off, then stopping by the animal island to drop off No. 17 and pick up Trunks, Goten, and Marron, then stopping by Kurilin's house to drop off Kurilin, No. 18, and Marron, then stopping by Kame House to drop off Turtle Hermit, then stopping by the palace to drop of Piccolo, then stopping by Gohan's house to drop him off to reunite with Videl and Pan, then stopping by Capsule Corp. to drop off Trunks to reunite with his dad, and at last stopping at Gokū's house, where Gokū and Goten reunite with Chi-Chi just in time for dinner. (This way, Tsuru Hiromi's role as Bulma's only Japanese voice actress can be maintain all the way to Super's end, as there would be no dialogue.)

TIMESKIP

In the final minutes of the episode, Gokū is shown gearing up in his dōgi shown at the end of the original series and perhaps expressing his excitement about the tournament to whoever is present as Super comes to a close.
"Reign supreme? In your dreams; you'll never make me bow.
Kick my ass? I'm world-class and Super Saiyan now."

I BURN - Jeff Williams feat. Casey Lee Williams, RWBY Volume 1 Soundtrack

GamerSkull
Regular

Post by GamerSkull » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:20 pm

Totamo wrote: This is going to hurt to hear, but honestly Yamcha is more profitable as a joke than he is as a fighter.
You're right about that and it sucks for me but I've pretty much come to terms with it. I'll always like the character a lot myself. I just wish they wouldn't get so meta with it in-universe... but I can forgive the amount they've done as long as they don't go overboard with it in the future.

Other than that, I do think they could get mileage off of the older, more weaker character if they put a good amount of effort into it. I think characters like Tenshinhan and the like could become more popular if they are given enough screentime and development again.

It won't happen though. :(
"Roga Fu-Fu Ken!"

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:22 am

Taking a little longer than I thought.

Slaythe
Beyond Newbie

Post by Slaythe » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:58 am

GamerSkull wrote:
Totamo wrote:

Other than that, I do think they could get mileage off of the older, more weaker character if they put a good amount of effort into it. I think characters like Tenshinhan and the like could become more popular if they are given enough screentime and development again.

It won't happen though. :(
What's funny is that I used to say that about 17 forever, and turns out it was 100% true.

People can't be fan of characters that are doing nothing and look bad all the time. If you make them look cool then they'll get fans. Simple.

That being said fuck Tien.

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:13 am

Kenneth La Torre wrote:Taking a little longer than I thought.
They're due between now and Saturday (Japan time), patience is a virtue

Post by AvatarMew » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:16 am

I'm not sure if anyone's spoken about this recently but the quote from the promo poster "The work of the Gods end here" Could Jiren's wish be to rid the DB world of the Gods which is the terrible thing that will happen?

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:24 am

AvatarMew wrote:I'm not sure if anyone's spoken about this recently but the quote from the promo poster "The work of the Gods end here" Could Jiren's wish be to rid the DB world of the Gods which is the terrible thing that will happen?
It could mean Goku and Vegeta have nothing more to learn which will "end their work" with them and they could move up to train with the grand priest.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:25 am

Totamo wrote:
TekTheNinja wrote:In general I guess, point is that characters don't do what It would make sense for their character to do in any given situation because Toriyama/Toyotaro/Toei are actively avoiding making them relevant because presumably, they don't consider marketable enough. Why can't anyone else, even the ones who love fighting and getting stronger, ever actually try to get strong enough to be actually in a reasonable ballpark? Wouldn't it be out of character for them to just shy away from any opportunity for big gains? Because the writers simply don't care.
because most of the fans don't care, if they did, you don't think they wouldn't raise them to prominence.

This is going to hurt to hear, but honestly Yamcha is more profitable as a joke than he is as a fighter.
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:30 am

Totamo wrote:
TekTheNinja wrote:In general I guess, point is that characters don't do what It would make sense for their character to do in any given situation because Toriyama/Toyotaro/Toei are actively avoiding making them relevant because presumably, they don't consider marketable enough. Why can't anyone else, even the ones who love fighting and getting stronger, ever actually try to get strong enough to be actually in a reasonable ballpark? Wouldn't it be out of character for them to just shy away from any opportunity for big gains? Because the writers simply don't care.
because most of the fans don't care, if they did, you don't think they wouldn't raise them to prominence.

This is going to hurt to hear, but honestly Yamcha is more profitable as a joke than he is as a fighter.
Tbh I think it is one of most poor ways to write a story.You should write characters and concepts in such way that they would be liked by audience,not the other way around.
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:43 am

AvatarMew wrote:I'm not sure if anyone's spoken about this recently but the quote from the promo poster "The work of the Gods end here" Could Jiren's wish be to rid the DB world of the Gods which is the terrible thing that will happen?
I doubt that Universe 11 will realistically win

But then again, Universe 7 hasn't won on their own all series, except against Golden Frieza

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:57 am

SPOILERS ARE OUT!

http://jumps.tistory.com/191

Personal translation:

128: Until The End of The Noble Pride! Vegeta Falls!
129: Break Through The Limit! Taking Ultra Instinct To The Extreme!

Herms Translation:

https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/961179179453566977

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:10 am

Xeogran wrote:SPOILERS ARE OUT!

http://jumps.tistory.com/191

Personal translation:

128: Until The End of The Noble Pride! Vegeta Scattered!
129: Break Through The Limit! Taking Ultra Instinct To The Extreme!
I thought Vegeta might be out next week so that's a nice surprise. Hopefully he goes out in style. 8)

It looks like Goku will either master UI or find some way to use it's full capabilities.

It's like I said, some are upset that Vegeta is going out and are saying things like Toei is doing him wrong.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

TheDipDap1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheDipDap1234 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:14 am

Doesn't seem like we will get Vegito..

Will we get more spoilers later on?
Gowasu's number 1 fan.

IntoTheFire
Beyond Newbie

Post by IntoTheFire » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:18 am

Even if Vegeta goes out in 128 it wouldn't be too much of a shame. He did well in the tournament. I wonder if he will be the next one out or will 17 be first.
He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.