"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Araki
Advanced Regular

Re: Official Announcement Thread & Discussion

Post by Araki » Sun May 17, 2015 10:53 am

kei17 wrote:The same quality? To me, that means it will suck hard. His manga adaptation was nothing but a bunch of Toriyama imitations framed in random panels that hardly form a manga.
Yeah, i don't like his narrative (he's not a pro and it shows) and his art style is kind of lifeless.

But then again, this will be a monthly manga existing for the sole purpose of advertising the anime. We shouldn't expect too much, as the main event will be on tv.

Dyno
Banned

Post by Dyno » Sun May 17, 2015 11:19 am

Don't get the all praise to Toyotaro, even when Dragon Ball Heroes: Victory Mission has a bad art style.

Vegitofaxx
Regular

Post by Vegitofaxx » Sun May 17, 2015 11:20 am

IMO, Toyble/Toyotaro's art style's good when he isn't rushed and on a deadline, and actually has time to draw to the best of his ability.
Here lies a modified Doctor Who qoute. It was killed too early by the moderators. R.I.P.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Steam: The Muncher of Da Biscuits.
PSN: Joeythekiller123
Playing XenoVerse on Pc. BP = 10370. Primary CaC: Tapaha. Always ready for an invite :D
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jackass, #1 Hellsing fan, Translator for the Danish version of DBM(always two pages ahead of you), Chilling on da forums 8)

Dyno
Banned

Post by Dyno » Sun May 17, 2015 11:32 am

Dragon Ball Heroes Victory Mission is/was a monthly manga, so he has/had time there as well, yet...

Vegitofaxx
Regular

Post by Vegitofaxx » Sun May 17, 2015 11:53 am

Dyno wrote:Dragon Ball Heroes Victory Mission is/was a monthly manga, so he has/had time there as well, yet...
But still, compare that to AF, where he had none.
Here lies a modified Doctor Who qoute. It was killed too early by the moderators. R.I.P.
Steam: The Muncher of Da Biscuits.
PSN: Joeythekiller123
Playing XenoVerse on Pc. BP = 10370. Primary CaC: Tapaha. Always ready for an invite :D
Jackass, #1 Hellsing fan, Translator for the Danish version of DBM(always two pages ahead of you), Chilling on da forums 8)

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun May 17, 2015 11:55 am

How do you think the manga will be ? A weekly manga that follows the entire story or a monthly that covers the beginning of each arc as a teaser to get people to watch the show ? in the same way as the FNF manga.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sun May 17, 2015 12:11 pm

Dyno wrote:Hope Ooishi Naho makes her version or something related to Dragon Ball Super. :roll:
Why? She hasn't done anything any good yet.

Dyno
Banned

Post by Dyno » Sun May 17, 2015 12:14 pm

Yes, she did. Both Tarble OVA's manga and Episode of Bardock manga have better art style.
Last edited by Dyno on Sun May 17, 2015 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Sun May 17, 2015 12:15 pm

Man, people are unforgiving these days, about everything in every media. :?

That makes me glad that I will not read a single comment about the new series when it starts airing.
What's the point when you can already predict the very specific whining lines you'll see, apparently set by default no matter what the decisions are and what the results are?

That's a shame, there's a point from which it is extremely hard to take comments seriously when they are constantly excessively complaining about everything.
The day we find out about a person who can somehow walk on water, you can already picture the comments like "that is some terribly unprofessional job: he can't even fly when it was clearly the intent behind his creation".

Never. Ever. Satisfied.
People making mountains out of mote hills are amusing at first, until it becomes more annoying than anything else. On the Internet, it's 90% of people.

Hope enough people will still be able to appreciate Dragon Ball Super (anime and manga) for what the awesome lucky thing that it is without spending their time excessively nitpicking.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Sun May 17, 2015 12:50 pm

Cold Skin wrote:Man, people are unforgiving these days, about everything in every media. :?

That makes me glad that I will not read a single comment about the new series when it starts airing.
What's the point when you can already predict the very specific whining lines you'll see, apparently set by default no matter what the decisions are and what the results are?

That's a shame, there's a point from which it is extremely hard to take comments seriously when they are constantly excessively complaining about everything.
The day we find out about a person who can somehow walk on water, you can already picture the comments like "that is some terribly unprofessional job: he can't even fly when it was clearly the intent behind his creation".

Never. Ever. Satisfied.
People making mountains out of mote hills are amusing at first, until it becomes more annoying than anything else. On the Internet, it's 90% of people.

Hope enough people will still be able to appreciate Dragon Ball Super (anime and manga) for what the awesome lucky thing that it is without spending their time excessively nitpicking.
I will. I do enjoy a lot TOEI's recent Saint Seiya spin-off, tough I am pissed that it runs bi-weekly :lol:
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

ssjjanemba
Beyond Newbie

Post by ssjjanemba » Sun May 17, 2015 12:54 pm

Cold Skin wrote:Man, people are unforgiving these days, about everything in every media. :?

Never. Ever. Satisfied.

Agreed. People are never satisfied with anything now a days. They always complain about such little and insignificant details.
Hi

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun May 17, 2015 12:58 pm

I'm not complaining. I'm incredibly excited about Super. Gonna have a lot of fun with it (I hope). :3
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

ssjjanemba
Beyond Newbie

Post by ssjjanemba » Sun May 17, 2015 1:02 pm

Chuquita wrote:I'm not complaining. I'm incredibly excited about Super. Gonna have a lot of fun with it (I hope). :3
Iv'e never seen you complain, you're always optimistic.
Hi

kemuri07
Advanced Regular

Post by kemuri07 » Sun May 17, 2015 1:08 pm

MCDaveG wrote:

Never. Ever. Satisfied.

I will. I do enjoy a lot TOEI's recent Saint Seiya spin-off, tough I am pissed that it runs bi-weekly :lol:
To be fair, it'd be much boring if this was just one big circle-jerk with everyone agreeing with everyone.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun May 17, 2015 1:10 pm

Any chances we might see Boo do something? The mentioning of him in RF gives me hope.

DBZ_Lee
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ_Lee » Sun May 17, 2015 1:14 pm

I agree with a lot of what Cold Skin has said. However "Super" turns out, I'll be satisfied, I never thought we'd ever see a new Dragon Ball Anime series again.

As a preference, sure I'd like to see it take place after "F", but if it's EoZ, then that's how it is. It's disappointing to see people saying their interest will nosedive if it is within the 10 years, we don't know what kind of Story, characters or battles we are in store for.

Either way, I'm hyped! and will definitely be purchasing V-Jump for the foreseeable future. Bring on July!

Basaku
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Basaku » Sun May 17, 2015 1:15 pm

All this weak Toyotaro shade. He's doing what he loves, he's getting paid for it and he's obviously good enough to keep getting hired. No wonder some people are pressed :lol:

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Sun May 17, 2015 1:18 pm

Honestly we all know that goku and vegeta are going to be the main stars but as long as guys like gohan,piccolo,tien etc get there time shine then things will be good.

Araki
Advanced Regular

Post by Araki » Sun May 17, 2015 1:18 pm

sintzu wrote:How do you think the manga will be ? A weekly manga that follows the entire story or a monthly that covers the beginning of each arc as a teaser to get people to watch the show ? in the same way as the FNF manga.
It's monthly, V is a monthly magazine.

It's probably gonna follow the same storyline, but rushed and with some differences here and there.
This kind of adaptation manga is like having a monthly advertising in the magazine saying 'hey people, you know this is currently airing, right?". Just to make sure more people take note about it, and keep everyone up to date with what's going on. Most aren't even worth following if one's watching the original animation.

Basaku
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Basaku » Sun May 17, 2015 1:19 pm

Araki wrote:
sintzu wrote:How do you think the manga will be ? A weekly manga that follows the entire story or a monthly that covers the beginning of each arc as a teaser to get people to watch the show ? in the same way as the FNF manga.
It's monthly, V is a monthly magazine.

It's probably gonna follow the same storyline, but rushed and with some differences here and there.
This kind of adaptation manga is like having a monthly advertising in the magazine saying 'hey people, you know this is currently airing, right?". Just to make sure more people take note about it, and keep everyone up to date with what's going on. Most aren't even worth following if one's watching the original animation.
So essentially 4 episodes covered at once? Wouldn't each monthly issue be quite extensive then? 50+ pages?