"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Bullza
Banned

Re: Official Announcement Thread & Discussion

Post by Bullza » Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:27 am

If this "Black" just possesses or fuses with Goku and that's why Goku is evil....isn't that gonna be just like Baby and what he did to Vegeta?

An alternate timeline evil Goku is pretty interesting.

Evil monster possesses Goku and that's why he's evil is boring. They also already did that with Ginyu so there better be more to it than that.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:36 am

Bullza wrote:If this "Black" just possesses or fuses with Goku and that's why Goku is evil....isn't that gonna be just like Baby and what he did to Vegeta?

I don't think it'll be an alternate Goku cause in the preview it seemed like it was a spirit or something similar.

I guess it could be something completely different not related to Black but I doubt it.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Big Black Sayian
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Big Black Sayian » Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:00 am

Paper Lung wrote:[
Except Bulma's hair color has always been blue according to Dragon Ball Super.

Did they change his hair too match Bulma's? Why did Bulma's hair change to a darker blue?

Captain Space
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Captain Space » Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:22 am

sintzu wrote:
I don't think it'll be an alternate Goku cause in the preview it seemed like it was a spirit or something similar.

I guess it could be something completely different not related to Black but I doubt it.
Though it could just be an abstract representation like how the anime represented the androids as before their designs were revealed? I dunno. Maybe.
"Actually I didn’t know what Bulma’s real hair color was" --Toriyama

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:53 am

Am I the only one who finds Black Goku's introduction to be genuinely terrifying, perhaps more so then any other villain besides maybe Cell's?

MrBlackFox
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MrBlackFox » Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:02 am

Big hint: no one noticed Gohan in his Mystic, orange suit in the background ( Piccolo / Goku's garden scene? )

Fuckin' hype!!! He's coming back in action :shock:

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:06 am

MrBlackFox wrote:Big hint: no one noticed Gohan in his Mystic, orange suit in the background ( Piccolo / Goku's garden scene? )

The only characters I see in that scene are Goku, Piccolo, ChiChi and Goten.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:11 am

MrBlackFox wrote:Big hint: no one noticed Gohan in his Mystic, orange suit in the background ( Piccolo / Goku's garden scene? )

That is Chichi not Gohan.

MrBlackFox
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MrBlackFox » Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:14 am

Dammit, I was blinded by enthusiasm, that's Chichi for real :shock: :? :oops:

Sorry guys

Neon Z
Advanced Regular

Post by Neon Z » Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:31 am

Khin wrote:You know, about the stuff that TOEI revealed not too long ago. I think it should be "Future Bulma resolves to ask help from Gohan and Vegeta in the world of the past". Instead of Goku and Vegeta because.

1. The last thing Future Bulma knew about Present Goku was that he died.
2. Gohan was the strongest fighter around back when Trunks went to the past before. And Trunks told her that Gohan was the one who killed Cell.
Maybe they're counting Xenoverse? In that case Trunks would know about Goku's resurrection and later power ups. That probably won't be the answer though.
Bullza wrote:If this "Black" just possesses or fuses with Goku and that's why Goku is evil....isn't that gonna be just like Baby and what he did to Vegeta?

Evil monster possesses Goku and that's why he's evil is boring. They also already did that with Ginyu so there better be more to it than that.
It'd be interesting because it'd remove Goku himself as the obvious answer to the problem, and we could get motivation for the other characters to finally get stronger too, rather than just relying on him again.

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:10 am

You know i kinda wonder. Why do people are saying that Future Mai looking the same age as Future Trunks is a big plot hole/inconsistency, did they said anything regarding when did the Pilaf Gang wished to become young again ? We don't even know how the Pilaf Gang become young again in Super. For all we know, they could've wished to become young before the Androids arrived, around Age 766. Which explains why Future Trunks and Future Mai looks the same age. Same for Present Mai and Present Trunks.

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:12 am

Damn, i cant keep up with this thread, but i dont care since its probably just stupid theories and wishes. I just dont want video game stuff in anime universe.

garfield15
Beyond Newbie

Post by garfield15 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:22 am

I get the feeling Trunks' hair is going to be like DB fandom equivalent of the "Sonic has blue arms" thing that happened

Big Black Sayian
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Big Black Sayian » Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:30 am

Khin wrote:You know i kinda wonder. Why do people are saying that Future Mai looking the same age as Future Trunks is a big plot hole/inconsistency, did they said anything regarding when did the Pilaf Gang wished to become young again ? We don't even know how the Pilaf Gang become young again in Super. For all we know, they could've wished to become young before the Androids arrived, around Age 766. Which explains why Future Trunks and Future Mai looks the same age. Same for Present Mai and Present Trunks.
This the theory I'm going with. Unless Battle of Gods said when they made that wish.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:34 am

Paper Lung wrote: I'm sorry, but there is no good reason for the hair color change. Maybe Toriyama yelled at Toei for it to be blue.

Yamamuro: Hello Mr. Toriyama, thanks for the concept art! It's looks great!

Toriyama: No problem.

Yamamuro: Yeah, yeah. So...just one thing, haha. It's the hair. It's blue, I noticed.

Toriyama: Yeah.

Yamamuro: Haha, it's just... Well, you see, Trunks' hair is supposed to be pur--

Toriyama: It's blue.

Yamamuro: What?

Toriyama: His hair is blue.

Yamamuro: B-But his hair has always been purple, Mr. Toriyama...?

Toriyama: Yeah. But it's blue now, see? *points to his drawing*

Yamamuro: Oh... I see... Well, it's just that Trunks' hair has always been colored purple in the anime, video games, merchandise, ect. It wouldn't make much sen--

Toriyama: Listen here, pal! When I say his hair is blue, I mean it! When I wake up Sunday morning on June 12th, his hair better be fucking blue! Got it?!
OMG, this is canon! Only something like this could make me laugh about this stupid unnecessary change after 20+ years. :lol: :lol:
Funny thing is, we will still get Time Patrol Trunks with purple hair in Xenoverse 2.

I wonder if Toei already tried to ask Toriyama for new designs for Kid Trunks/Goten/Marron, and he gave similar reply:
"No! They will remain exactly the same until the end of Super, no matter how time skips we have" - Toriyama.
Last edited by FortuneSSJ on Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:35 am

Kuririn Fan wrote:I just dont want video game stuff in anime universe.
I agree. I definitely would not want to see Demigra, for example, show up in Dragon Ball Super. I've noticed that some people really think it's him, too, but... I'm not exactly convinced, myself.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:42 am

Alruneia wrote:
Kuririn Fan wrote:I just dont want video game stuff in anime universe.
I agree. I definitely would not want to see Demigra, for example, show up in Dragon Ball Super. I've noticed that some people really think it's him, too, but... I'm not exactly convinced, myself.
Thirding. I don't want them pulling in video game characters. It'll make it feel insincere and too artificial to me.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Basaku
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Basaku » Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:44 am

Who cares where a character originated from? If its inclusion is done well it doesn't matter. Freeza comes from super-core canon and look at ROF, his return/revenge/rehissyfit sucked terribly.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:51 am

.... Is the hair color REALLY such a big deal guys?
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:54 am

ekrolo2 wrote:.... Is the hair color REALLY such a big deal guys?
YES! How about if we have now a purple haired Gohan for no reason at all? It's called consistency
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?