"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu May 04, 2017 7:00 pm

Sodhi wrote:Some new info regarding Team Uni 6.
http://www.dragonball-ultimate.com/news ... lunivers-6
How fascinating! So Keru would be based on Kale, right? Hey, if there are more awesome female Saiyans, I am all for it and will glady admit I was wrong about them being the same. :thumbup:
NeonZ wrote:Actually (looking at the Japanese text), Cabba tells Keru to release her anger in order to become a SSJ, but due to her stress, she becomes a berserker. Anyway, this description coupled with that name suggests even more strongly that there was some production change regarding Caulifla. It'd be really odd if there were two female SSJs and both happen to be girls who don't get along well with Cabba.
To me it seems like the Cabba/Caulifla thing is more your traditional tsundere bad girl/good boy relationship.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Thu May 04, 2017 7:10 pm

u6 better have only 3 saiyans, because quite frankly there Boring to look at imo, they don't offer anything unique and yay cauliflower is not the lssj
Last edited by The gr on Thu May 04, 2017 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mostly active on discord.

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Thu May 04, 2017 7:15 pm

Well this is only some hidden text, tomorrow the page will probably be updated so we'll know if it's some early name for Caulifla or another character.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Thu May 04, 2017 7:16 pm

If there is 2 more Saiyans than Universe 6 is ruined for me. I absolutely hate this obsession with Saiyans and is the worst part of this franchise.

Big Black Sayian
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Big Black Sayian » Thu May 04, 2017 7:20 pm

So can we put the whole Toriyama or Toei changed something thing to rest because that's twice now people :p
Doesn't help that we just found out Toriyama approves storyboards.

The_Destroyer
Regular

Post by The_Destroyer » Thu May 04, 2017 7:26 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:If there is 2 more Saiyans than Universe 6 is ruined for me. I absolutely hate this obsession with Saiyans and is the worst part of this franchise.
This. Universe 6 has so much potential to bring in fighters from familiar races in 7. If they waste all 5 spots on sayains, I'll be pissed. I really want to seen an earthling or namekian

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Thu May 04, 2017 7:28 pm

FoolsGil wrote:Alternatively Caulifla is a red herring and we haven't met the true female Saiyan of Legend yet.
Said it last week. The first female Saiyan? Too easy. (Also, Cabba gotta get that harem anime spinoff.)

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Thu May 04, 2017 7:29 pm

Totamo wrote: You mean the guy who just traces over Toriyama's art, wrote AF and made SSj God Vegeta a thing and the people who are probably the reason we have female broly, aim to make more merch which means more of this crap and are all about the fanservice, which I love but I'm sick of the fandom fighting about it?

Thats the whole reason resurrection f sucks so bad, Toriyama made that for fans who wanted more action. Toriyama is at his worst when he gives in to fan demands.

We need to as a fanbase accept what Dragon ball is now.
Toyble needs a filter/good bunch of editors, and those must be the Dragon Ball Room people.

Remember how Toriyama needed his editors in order to produce a coherent story? Same thing with Toyble.

Fans always wanted to have a strong female saiyan character, we are in 2017, not in the 80s when most female characters were useless. And wasnt at some point Toei goal in increasing the amount of female fans? Caulifla and Kele? could help and also create more merchadise.

BTW has anyone seen the Top 100 anime ranking? DBZ got ranked below Bleach, Yes, Bleach of all things, and with the latest news about 2 female saiyans, i feel like they want to push Cabba as the Saiyan version of Kirito.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Thu May 04, 2017 7:32 pm

Okay, so... the discussion seems to have moved from "Is Caulifla and the female Broly the same person" to "Is Caulifla and Kale the same person with a last minute name change". I feel like we never get anywhere with leaks like these... Well, I suppose the whole Universe 11 thing is disproven, at least.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

TysonWine
Beyond Newbie

Post by TysonWine » Thu May 04, 2017 7:35 pm

I'm not against more saiyans. However, this idea that you can become a super saiyan simply by thinking about something that makes you angry is a bit much. I don't care about the power levels, it's the story I'm concerned about. There's a story behind Goku and Future Trunks' transformations. They were pushed to the brink. I would rather U6 saiyans already have the super saiyan form, because that creates the potential for an interesting backstory. I'd love to discover what trials and tribulations led to the form.

Lastly, if anyone can become a super saiyan, I would prefer this be accomplished by training, instead of "Hey, there's these emotions called anger and rage. Try it, and your power will explode!" Everyone doesn't need to be Gohan who can psychologically will himself stronger.

TheMathemagician
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheMathemagician » Thu May 04, 2017 7:39 pm

I honestly have no problem with a possible 3rd Saiyan on the team.
"Sighs...At my age, I already have a woman who follows me around thinking she's my wife. Oh! My youth's rotting away!" - Ataru Moroboshi

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu May 04, 2017 7:39 pm

Someone on /a/ is digging around on other pages and found a fighter for Universe 4:
[spoiler]Image
Dahmon:
Can change his techniques.He can disappear and reappear in the air, then reappear on the ground. He is a suicide bomber. - You must wait for this attack and counter that technique. When he changes technique. he moults and leaves behind shedding. An empty cicada - The insect warrior.[/spoiler]
Sounds awfully familiar. :think:

Neon Z
Advanced Regular

Post by Neon Z » Thu May 04, 2017 7:41 pm

Alruneia wrote:Okay, so... the discussion seems to have moved from "Is Caulifla and the female Broly the same person" to "Is Caulifla and Kale the same person with a last minute name change". I feel like we never get anywhere with leaks like these... Well, I suppose the whole Universe 11 thing is disproven, at least.
Nah, now it's either they're completely different people or it was a last minute name and design change (so the girl from the opening won't actually appear). The 'Caulifla becomes the mature looking female Saiyan from the opening' scenario seems almost confirmed to be false now.
Last edited by Neon Z on Thu May 04, 2017 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Thu May 04, 2017 7:42 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:Someone on /a/ is digging around on other pages and found a fighter for Universe 4:
[spoiler]Image
Dahmon:
Can change his techniques.He can disappear and reappear in the air, then reappear on the ground. He is a suicide bomber. - You must wait for this attack and counter that technique. When he changes technique. he moults and leaves behind shedding. An empty cicada - The insect warrior.[/spoiler]
I wonder who,are we sure that site is reliable

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu May 04, 2017 7:42 pm

perucho1990 wrote:
Totamo wrote: You mean the guy who just traces over Toriyama's art, wrote AF and made SSj God Vegeta a thing and the people who are probably the reason we have female broly, aim to make more merch which means more of this crap and are all about the fanservice, which I love but I'm sick of the fandom fighting about it?

Thats the whole reason resurrection f sucks so bad, Toriyama made that for fans who wanted more action. Toriyama is at his worst when he gives in to fan demands.

We need to as a fanbase accept what Dragon ball is now.
Toyble needs a filter/good bunch of editors, and those must be the Dragon Ball Room people.

Remember how Toriyama needed his editors in order to produce a coherent story? Same thing with Toyble.

Fans always wanted to have a strong female saiyan character, we are in 2017, not in the 80s when most female characters were useless. And wasnt at some point Toei goal in increasing the amount of female fans? Caulifla and Kele? could help and also create more merchadise.

BTW has anyone seen the Top 100 anime ranking? DBZ got ranked below Bleach, Yes, Bleach of all things, and with the latest news about 2 female saiyans, i feel like they want to push Cabba as the Saiyan version of Kirito.
You increase female fans with cool guys. Introducing girls is typically done for male creators and fans.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu May 04, 2017 7:44 pm

The gr wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:Someone on /a/ is digging around on other pages and found a fighter for Universe 4:
[spoiler]Image
Dahmon:
It's embedded in the coding of Toei's website

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Thu May 04, 2017 7:50 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
The gr wrote:
[spoiler]Image
Dahmon:
It's embedded in the coding of Toei's website
That's cool, mind posting the link for the thread of the discussion or you can't post link because it got 404
    maybe this new Saiyan and this u4 warrior might appear in episode 89

BlueBasilisk
    I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu May 04, 2017 7:53 pm

The gr wrote:That's cool, mind posting the link for the thread of the discussion or you can't post link because it got 404
      I'd rather not because there's a lengthy argument in the thread with a lot of racial slurs. Just go to the catalog and search for "Dragon Ball Super" if you're curious. It's the only thread up.

perucho1990
      I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Thu May 04, 2017 7:59 pm

JulieYBM wrote:
      You increase female fans with cool guys. Introducing girls is typically done for male creators and fans.
      With that, you are pandering the Yaoi/Fujo fans, and I feel that isnt what the franchise needs imo.

Introducing strong girls is for both male and female fans(Mikasa, Ryuuko, Revy, Kyoukai, Tatsumaki, Erza, Misty/Kasumi,etc)

The gr
      I Live Here

Post by The gr » Thu May 04, 2017 8:09 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
      The gr wrote:That's cool, mind posting the link for the thread of the discussion or you can't post link because it got 404
        I'd rather not because there's a lengthy argument in the thread with a lot of racial slurs. Just go to the catalog and search for "Dragon Ball Super" if you're curious. It's the only thread up.
        Good call, and. Already found that​ thread, and i think the bio refer to the green man who appear in the opening with hit Image
        Last edited by The gr on Thu May 04, 2017 9:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.