"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Shinda Forever » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:29 am

King Jacku wrote:Assuming this is true;

C'mon Toriyama, you can get a lot more creative than this. ATLEAST have a different hairstyle... I would definitely prefer if his form is the one on the main poster.

Attaining a new form is something special, it should have a lot of work put into it, and be surprising/unique for the fans, IE: SSJ4.
At this rate, they might as well give Gohan SSJ Green and Vegeta SSJ Purple :|
Exactly, just wait for the next arc and Gohan will achieve SSJ Green and Vegeta SSJ Purple. :lol: :clap:

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:33 am

It's too early to draw conclusions that this is Goku's new form. I do not see much sense in being the same thing as SSGSS, but with red hair (SSG already has red hair). But why do you think we should trust it?

Yomi
Regular

Post by Yomi » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:34 am

I wonder why he's even wearing a shirt, and the undershirt is red too.
What a weird image.
:clap:

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:37 am

Super Saiyan Red would certainly explain that huge burst of red ki in the into:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:46 am

It is not a re-colour anyway the bangs and hair look completely compared to the SSGSS in that pic. Just like it was teased in the OP as per what BlueBasilisk just posted.

Anyway glad it isn't an exact leak but something like this was bound to get through.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:51 am

I've always liked his more spiky ssj2 hair which looks to be what it has so it looks good to me (based on what little I can see, for all we know it's just something colored wrong).
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:58 am

This new form I think will be Kaioken related, Toei keep marketing it and we've seen Goku use in 3 times already in this arc. Plus you know all the red, does he permanently fuse SSGSS with KK and create the new form that way?

God Movement

Post by God Movement » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:01 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:This new form I think will be Kaioken related, Toei keep marketing it and we've seen Goku use in 3 times already in this arc. Plus you know all the red, does he permanently fuse SSGSS with KK and create the new form that way?
Doubt it. If Goku does that, then it's an intermediate form at best. The form is hyped up as developing the god powers to completion, implying it could be the last one, ever. How would Vegeta ever manage to match this new form if only Goku can achieve it with KK and his God powers? Again, just my personal opinion but I doubt it's related to Kaioken.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:08 am

God Movement wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:This new form I think will be Kaioken related, Toei keep marketing it and we've seen Goku use in 3 times already in this arc. Plus you know all the red, does he permanently fuse SSGSS with KK and create the new form that way?
Doubt it. If Goku does that, then it's an intermediate form at best. The form is hyped up as developing the god powers to completion, implying it could be the last one, ever. How would Vegeta ever manage to match this new form if only Goku can achieve it with KK and his God powers? Again, just my personal opinion but I doubt it's related to Kaioken.
Who says Vegeta has to match this new form? There has to be a reason why Goku is only getting this new form, and KK is the only reason I can think.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:09 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:Super Saiyan Red would certainly explain that huge burst of red ki in the into:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
I guess. It'd be a bummer if that was the case. I'm tired of seeing recolors of SSJ. I'd like to see something different. Like SSJ4.

If he's going to combine diety ki, kaioken and ssj, I'd like to see something aside from more red hair.

(There was speculation on the aura. Obviously it's not official..)
How i predict the tournament will end:

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:11 am

This "new form" will most likely be his SSJ Blue Form combined with kaioken fully mastered! So it's literally a merger of SSJ Blue with a certain multiplier of kaioken. For keeps! Now i really hope this would be an insane multiplier for Goku, like him becoming exactly 100 times stronger as his normal SSJ Blue state.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:13 am

I know I'll be disappointed if it's yet another ssj1 recolor. The look in the teaser poster is so much nicer imo.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

hardcorefakes
Beyond Newbie

Post by hardcorefakes » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:13 am

The new form being Kaio-Ken related would be boring and garbage.

In fact, it would hardly be a "new" form.
Last edited by hardcorefakes on Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

God Movement

Post by God Movement » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:13 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
God Movement wrote:
Who says Vegeta has to match this new form? There has to be a reason why Goku is only getting this new form, and KK is the only reason I can think.
Unless he goes a separate path, like Gohan implied for example, he will match this new form. It's inevitable.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:14 am

I think Goku just went back to the roots of SSJG, look at his skin, its skinny and reddish like SSJG, kaioken does not make you skinny, quite the opposite as KK makes you bulkier.
Last edited by SansrivaaL on Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:14 am

God Movement wrote:
How can they make Vegeta match this new form? The same way they made Roshi relevant again after being surpassed by his students in dragon ball. The same way Kale and Caulifla are able to fight on par with Goku in his forms he worked so hard for...

If Toei wanted to, Vegeta could get tired of falling so far behind that he learns some kind of power multiplayer like Goku did. You just never know with these people.
How i predict the tournament will end:

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:17 am

God Movement wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
God Movement wrote:
Unless he goes a separate path, like Gohan implied for example, he will match this new form. It's inevitable.
I hope not. I just want one form that is completely excusive to Goku.
TheOne wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:Super Saiyan Red would certainly explain that huge burst of red ki in the into:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
I guess. It'd be a bummer if that was the case. I'm tired of seeing recolors of SSJ. I'd like to see something different. Like SSJ4.

If he's going to combine diety ki, kaioken and ssj, I'd like to see something aside from more red hair.

(There was speculation on the aura. Obviously it's not official..)
It is not a re-colour at all, the bangs and hair are completely different to SS, Goku does not have one big bang that goes down to eyes like shown the OP he also has more frontal bangs and the hair seems longer.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:24 am

Idk but I have the feeling Piccolo might get eliminated which might force Gohan to fight.(Kinda like in FnF when Piccolo got stomped by Tagoma and Gohan stepped in).

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:29 am

Chuquita wrote:I know I'll be disappointed if it's yet another ssj1 recolor. The look in the teaser poster is so much nicer imo.
You??? This Form that just leaked pretty much appears to have some sort of reddish hair. Your favorite color, if i'm not mistaken? Or is that magenta?

I could even see this new form to turn out Orange!

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:34 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:
Chuquita wrote:I know I'll be disappointed if it's yet another ssj1 recolor. The look in the teaser poster is so much nicer imo.
You??? This Form that just leaked pretty much appears to have some sort of reddish hair. Your favorite color, if i'm not mistaken? Or is that magenta?

I could even see this new form to turn out Orange!
Ssjg magenta is my favorite ssj hair color, but I also liked that the form had a unique look to the eyes, hair, and body. I'll be happy to see magenta return, but I hope they at least include the ssjg pupils if they're mixing them.

I just don't want another color swap of ssj1 with nothing else from ssjg brought over. I like red too (kaioken is wonderful!) but I want some form unique features.
Last edited by Chuquita on Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!