"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Doctor.
Banned

Re: Official Announcement Thread & Discussion

Post by Doctor. » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:21 pm

Saiyan007 wrote:does anyone know the background song in the new trailer?
It's the opening theme for the series "Chōzetsu ☆ Dynamic!"

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:24 pm

Sora Saiyan wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote:Just please TOEI do not mention the weight of what Goku is pulling, like the 40tons bs!
To be fair it's worth mentioning, if it's more than 40 by quite a bit it could put the 40 ton thing to bed. Although the 40 ton training was supposed to be so difficult because he was flying.
Your rights if it is but i rather them not mentioning it at all

kizuki
Beyond Newbie

Post by kizuki » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:25 pm

In reality, I'm hoping we get the first few episodes leading to BoG that was released as a movie, then a BoG TV special to seal everything up and cover some plot holes, then everything leading up to FnF which would include Goku and Bejita training with Whis and some character development for Goten and Trunks as well as all our other favorite secondary characters back on Earth. Maybe even see some middle-teenage versions of the boys since they were MIA in FnF?

Would be great to see Goku and Bejita struggling with Whis' training while everyone else is back on Earth maintaining peace and overall Dragon Ball shenanigans we know and love.

Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Saiyan007
Regular

Post by Saiyan007 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:25 pm

knowing Toriyama Goku might be struggling with 100 pounds :D
Doctor. wrote:
Saiyan007 wrote:does anyone know the background song in the new trailer?
It's the opening theme for the series "Chōzetsu ☆ Dynamic!"
thanks

Avery
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Avery » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:35 pm

I just took some screenshots.
An angry Final Fantasy fan wrote: And after all the outrage, when I'm ready, I'll go out on to GameStop and buy a Persona 5 copy. And when my mother finds me investing my precious time trying to bond with this hot anime girl, I'll look straight into her eyes and say "but have you looked at the menu screen? have you actually seen the menu screen? In that very moment, she knows. She fucking knows. As she handles me the nugget pieces she previously cooked for me, she leaves my room with these words: "Persona 5 is the true savior of the JRPG".
VegettoEX wrote: In a blunt nutshell, no-one wants to read bullshit. Don't post bullshit. Be a cool person that posts cool things that other people would actually want to read. Don't be Zamasu from episode 63 talking to himself.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:37 pm

Sora Saiyan wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote:Just please TOEI do not mention the weight of what Goku is pulling, like the 40tons bs!
To be fair it's worth mentioning, if it's more than 40 by quite a bit it could put the 40 ton thing to bed. Although the 40 ton training was supposed to be so difficult because he was flying.
Oh yeah ofc if they want to say its 50+tons now I'm cool with it but they might pull a BS again and Goku goes like: But.... I cant pull 30tons, its impossible.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:39 pm

Doctor. wrote:
fadeddreams5 wrote:Soooo.... Champa was confirmed to be a god of destruction.

I think he looks lame. That said, the female attendant looks awesome. <3
H-He was...?

I mean, Goku just says "God of Destruction Beerus and Champa"... I think "God of Destruction" here is referring to Beerus only.
I read that as "Gods of Destruction." Oops. But he does follow that up with, "Well, they're gods at any rate..."

Can't help but assume that makes Champa a god of destruction. I mean, he looks like Beerus and has an attendant like him. What other sort of "god" can he be? >.>
Last edited by fadeddreams5 on Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:40 pm

I'm surprised there's no new-outfit Vegeta in the ad. I want to get a better look at him so I can draw it. Ah well.

Still feeling tentatively good about all this. It doesn't seem like it's going to start where I thought it would (after F or after EoZ) but I'm up for a "complete" version of BOG before diving into "When did Vegeta get ssjg power? What's his and Gokû's living conditions on Beerus' and Whis' planet like? How did they master blueper saiyan?".

Hell, even before we get to mastering blueper, I wanna see Gokû learning more about his ssjg power. Will he figure out how he did that thing he did with it at the end of BOG? Will things get accidentally lit on fire as he learns to control its power?
Last edited by Chuquita on Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

fexus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by fexus » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:41 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:
Sora Saiyan wrote:
Oh yeah ofc if they want to say its 50+tons now I'm cool with it but they might pull a BS again and Goku goes like: But.... I cant pull 30tons, its impossible.
At least it looks like he is pulling it on King Kai's planet. So 10x gravity?
I ask thou, WHY MUST IT BE ME?
Your weakness is your strength.
Are you reading this? If you are, I just want to let you know that I'm a GREAT GUY. :lol:

kizuki
Beyond Newbie

Post by kizuki » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:47 pm

Chuquita wrote:I'm surprised there's no new-outfit Vegeta in the ad. I want to get a better look at him so I can draw it. Ah well.

Still feeling tentatively good about all this. It doesn't seem like it's going to start where I thought it would (after F or after EoZ) but I'm up for a "complete" version of BOG before diving into "When did Vegeta get ssjg power? What's his and Gokû's living conditions on Beerus' and Whis' planet like? How did they master blueper saiyan?".

Hell, even before we get to mastering blueper, I wanna see Gokû learning more about his ssjg power. Will he figure out how he did that thing he did with it at the end of BOG? Will things get accidentally lit on fire as he learns to control its power?
Agreed. And I don't think they have to necessarily re-write everything to do that. Or at least I'm hoping. BoG will have been around long enough that slipping it in early to mid-season as a TV special wouldn't be too much of an issue, I think? They've already made a bunch of money off it. Then progressing with the rest of the season with Goku and Bejita out in Whis Land training, or trying to at least.

Though, it's a good point stating that the translation of what Son is saying in the clip makes it seem like a re-write. Just hope it isn't. Most of us have already seen it, read about it, knows what happened, etc. The first story arc would be, well, sort of boring in my opinion if it was just a re-done BoG. I'd rather see Goten and Trunks trying to pick up chicks than another version of BoG.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:47 pm

I still don't see the whole point on retelling BOG and ROF? Fans have seen them already and they are still fresh in people's minds. They could have at least retell the events of Movie 13 and the 2008 Jump Special since they happen after Buu and most younger kids where not around when they first came out.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Beerus-sama
Advanced Regular

Post by Beerus-sama » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:54 pm

I just saw the preview for Super and I love this:
SSJ God Gogeta wrote:Awesome, can't wait for more details.

It's stuff like this that makes me excited for Super.

Also, look at Champa's tail. :lol:
And I though it was his arm yesterday in the StartGuide picture, but then I wondered where was his tail :lol:
Maybe that means hes another type of cat (not cornish rex as Beerus... ) :think: or maybe his tail got cut for some reason :P
Sleeping until the tournament is over.

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:54 pm

Videl in the 90s

Videl now

What happened :(

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:57 pm

She finds no need to tsundere anymore, I guess?

Re: starting point

I'd rather just start completely fresh either directly after BOG, directly after F, or after EoZ.

I'm one of the few who was incredibly bored by most of Movie 13. I don't care about Tapion and I like Future Trunks way more than kid Trunks.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:58 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:I still don't see the whole point on retelling BOG and ROF? Fans have seen them already and they are still fresh in people's minds. They could have at least retell the events of Movie 13 and the 2008 Jump Special since they happen after Buu and most younger kids where not around when they first came out.
I still think that Dragon Ball Super is just gonna fill in the gaps between the end Majin Boo arc, the 2008 OVA, BOG and ROF. I mean, what would really be gained of great significance from retelling BOG and/or ROF?

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:58 pm

Super is set a few years after Buu. Videl has changed, so she doesn't have her short hair that she did before. I still wonder what the red oni character that is fighting Beerus? Could be a main villain or just another typical enemy?
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

soulnova
Advanced Regular

Post by soulnova » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:59 pm

Chuquita wrote: Still feeling tentatively good about all this. It doesn't seem like it's going to start where I thought it would (after F or after EoZ) but I'm up for a "complete" version of BOG before diving into "When did Vegeta get ssjg power? What's his and Gokû's living conditions on Beerus' and Whis' planet like? How did they master blueper saiyan?".

How haven't they killed each other by living together?
Check out Journey's End, a short story of Goku and Vegeta's final days. "Time is running out for the last two Saiyans"

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:00 pm

Marco Polo wrote:Videl in the 90s

Videl now

What happened :(
...What happened?
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:01 pm

Maybe there's a bug going around in Gohan's house that makes everyone lamer.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:01 pm

soulnova wrote:
Chuquita wrote: Still feeling tentatively good about all this. It doesn't seem like it's going to start where I thought it would (after F or after EoZ) but I'm up for a "complete" version of BOG before diving into "When did Vegeta get ssjg power? What's his and Gokû's living conditions on Beerus' and Whis' planet like? How did they master blueper saiyan?".

How haven't they killed each other by living together?
Exactly.

I imagine them brushing their teeth in this tiny bathroom, trying not to bump elbows; everyday chores turn into unspoken competitions. Imagine how breakfast must be for them.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!