"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Spider-Man
Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Spider-Man » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:19 pm

CJStriker_CBR wrote:
Spider-Man wrote:
Tombstone1988 wrote:Recent minor spoilers talked about Helles... ugh. This means we're very likely going to have to deal with her same two poses again. I'm starting to think we may need to have a counter for how many times Super reuses her animations.

Other than that, not much has changed.
Ugh I hate that posses could they be more creative with her poses,At this point this a meme for the studios.
LMAO ~~~ :lol: ~~~~Honestly, with NO Biased, Very Serious about that point here, No Biased towards GoD~Helles being from Universe 2;

Honestly GoD~Helles can be from Any of the other Universes as their GoD I still say this ~~~~~~ I Honestly & Seriously Don't get tired of the Poses and could watch her do those them as many times as she wants in an Episode and Never Get Bored of Them! :lol:

Seriously, How do you Lose-Out or Get-Tired when you are Watch a Beautiful Women making a Beautiful Poses even if it is the same Pose, again Being done by a Beautiful GODDESS that Look Like Cleopatra!?! :eh: :think:

Honestly, I never got it, but that is just me, I am Proud of what I Like, am a Fan of and Support! :wave:
I'm not against the idea of her doing poses,it just They need a new pose for helles.

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:23 pm

Totamo wrote:And Tien, Yamcha and Krillin were? Didn't 2 of them die in the saiyan saga without accomplishing anything?

No, they accomplished stalling the invasion until Goku`s return, otherwise he would have arrived too late to do anything. That was their plan from the start, casualities or not.
Totamo wrote:]Didn't krillin just hide most of the time on namek and then gave up when he did have to fight? Wasn't Tien's biggest moment in the cell saga happened because of a bad power-scaling moment?.
The kikoho was always billed as making the Kamehameha, the main attack of the show, look like dog piss in comparison, so...no? It bought time enough for the androids to flee and gave Nappa the scare.

And really, "bad power scalling"? Hello blue hair.
Totamo wrote:Also Roshi did better against King Piccolo than Tien did against Drum because Roshi had a plan that almost worked.
True.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

CJStriker_CBR
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:53 pm

Spider-Man wrote:
CJStriker_CBR wrote:
Spider-Man wrote: Ugh I hate that posses could they be more creative with her poses,At this point this a meme for the studios.
LMAO ~~~ :lol: ~~~~Honestly, with NO Biased, Very Serious about that point here, No Biased towards GoD~Helles being from Universe 2;

Honestly GoD~Helles can be from Any of the other Universes as their GoD I still say this ~~~~~~ I Honestly & Seriously Don't get tired of the Poses and could watch her do those them as many times as she wants in an Episode and Never Get Bored of Them! :lol:

Seriously, How do you Lose-Out or Get-Tired when you are Watch a Beautiful Women making a Beautiful Poses even if it is the same Pose, again Being done by a Beautiful GODDESS that Look Like Cleopatra!?! :eh: :think:

Honestly, I never got it, but that is just me, I am Proud of what I Like, am a Fan of and Support! :wave:
I'm not against the idea of her doing poses,it just They need a new pose for helles.
Indeed Nothings wrong with wanting that too, FULLY fledged onboard with that idea. My pose was just to go break the ideal that while it seem allot did not like the pose, some like me DID for genuine reasons and I just wanted to highlight how unique Fandoms truly are with that. So just having some good, yet real genuine fun with the Subject. ;)
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:57 pm

I'm half expecting Gokû to be wary of anyone who describes him as 美しい after the whole Zamasu debacle.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

DainIronfoot
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DainIronfoot » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:18 am

A good friend of mine had an interesting thought. He was looking at some older super episodes and at one point when he was in the middle of the opening song (specifically the shot of Sidra in front of the angels), he tells me "Wait, what if in some weird way, Sidra still plays a role in this tournament? What if his energy that Goku was playing with is actually one of the "after" effects of his new form. He does have a slightly purpleish aura in his new form too!"

Now he's normally always thinking of these crazy theories, and most of the time (including this time) I don't think it holds water. However, i DO think it would be interesting if somehow it actually does play a role.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:24 am

So... Mr Jiren, perhaps the most important new character of the arc yet the least marketable in terms of desgin and appearance... Yet he actually he has been the most marketed. Strange isn't it? Why would the "big bad controlling merchandise & marketing department" market this generic alien looking dude when they have FEMALE BROLY? Oh right because they're marketing based off the plot and we know Jiren is gonna be the most important new character.

Laughable how people believe in these silly myths that the "marketing and merchandise are demanding and controlling what to put in DBS", yes they went to Toei demanded a female Broly and from Feb17-18 barely even market her... This makes so much sense doesn't it...? :lol: ... :roll:

Btw the Jiren stuff isn't selling well at all. Hopefully the "special" changes this.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:39 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:So... Mr Jiren, perhaps the most important new character of the arc yet the least marketable in terms of desgin and appearance... Yet he actually he has been the most marketed. Strange isn't it? Why would the "big bad controlling merchandise & marketing department" market this generic alien looking dude when they have FEMALE BROLY? Oh right because they're marketing based off the plot and we know Jiren is gonna be the most important new character.

Laughable how people believe in these silly myths that the "marketing and merchandise are demanding and controlling what to put in DBS", yes they went to Toei demanded a female Broly and from Feb17-18 barely even market her... This makes so much sense doesn't it...? :lol: ... :roll:
Not to ignite another disputation, but isn't it a little early to expect merchandising for characters that were introduced just this arc? I mean if I were in charge, I'd wait and see what characters ended up being liked before investing money in putting them on the shelves. Didn't it take a while for Hit to start getting his own stuff? Once it was clear he left an impact on the franchise. I've seen far less of the other characters that were introduced that arc, but they also didn't seem to be that liked either.

Also, I doubt the merchandising industry is the driving force of the creative process, but I'm pretty sure they have a heavy hand in it.

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:51 am

CJStriker_CBR wrote:
Hawk9211 wrote:
CJStriker_CBR wrote:
That Funny part of the is if Chi-Chi ever found out that another lady was laying even one eye on Goku the Level of Steam out of her head Angry would put even the GoD's To Fear!!! :lol:

Towards the info from the spoilers at least now we got a reasoning why the Fight going to happen and it is an interesting one at that, Ribrianne showing she can be just as good as Goku in the Eyes of Her own GoD and Universe, that is an interesting concept if written with good and caring skill. :think:

I am hoping this has some Character Development between Universe 2 and 7 to happen too. While want a Good and High Level battle, any development of characters between each other like Ribrianne and Goku getting to know each other and even if the fight started off on being rival hook, could end up as them gaining some form of respect for one another even on a fighting or small bases.

IMO it will be key in moving forward for Both Universes after the ToP Arc is over.
Just as I thought ribrianne is bullshitting her way to possibly god tier.I am kinda disappointed that they have turned jimizu into a one trick pony now my only wish about this fight is to see some magical girl hax.
I think we are judging Jimeze way to early to call him a One Trick Pony and even if that is his main move who cares cause if he is Good at it and it works why not, if it is your fighting style then you become the Best-at-What-You-Do! ;)

As for Ribrianne, how is that BSing her way to God Tier, I don't get the point?! If you can explain further that be good. :think:

As of Now the previews state it as Ribrianne wants to prove her worth to her Universe against Goku, nothing odd about that. That is what many warriors should want and Not let themselves become complacent with their present status if it seems challenged.
Yardrats were said to possess many powerful techniques.It woul be waste if all he oes is spam instant transmission.
It seems to me ribriane is going to use the infamous power of friendship,love etc.
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:36 am

Michsi wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:So... Mr Jiren, perhaps the most important new character of the arc yet the least marketable in terms of desgin and appearance... Yet he actually he has been the most marketed. Strange isn't it? Why would the "big bad controlling merchandise & marketing department" market this generic alien looking dude when they have FEMALE BROLY? Oh right because they're marketing based off the plot and we know Jiren is gonna be the most important new character.

Not to ignite another disputation, but isn't it a little early to expect merchandising for characters that were introduced just this arc? I mean if I were in charge, I'd wait and see what characters ended up being liked before investing money in putting them on the shelves. Didn't it take a while for Hit to start getting his own stuff? Once it was clear he left an impact on the franchise. I've seen far less of the other characters that were introduced that arc, but they also didn't seem to be that liked either.

Also, I doubt the merchandising industry is the driving force of the creative process, but I'm pretty sure they have a heavy hand in it.
Well no cuz Hit still barely has anything, especially when compared to arc rivals of Beerus, Champa, Freeza, Goku Black, Jiren and even Zamasu. Hit got shleved big time.

And if they're waiting to see "who is being liked" then why is Jiren still being heavily marketed, despite barley having any presence in the show?

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:48 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Michsi wrote:

Well no cuz Hit still barely has anything, especially when compared to arc rivals of Beerus, Champa, Freeza, Goku Black, Jiren and even Zamasu. Hit got shleved big time.
Well, guess that means he just wasn't that marketable. I only have a light grasp of what is considered popular in Japan right now, so I couldn't tell how Hit was received. If others ended up having more potential after a little market research then those would be the characters that have more merchandise.

Also, Kale always struck me as more of a joke aimed at the older DB fandom than anything else (note: by joke I mean the whole concept behind her creation, not character itself)

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:11 am

Michsi wrote: Well, guess that means he just wasn't that marketable. I only have a light grasp of what is considered popular in Japan right now, so I couldn't tell how Hit was received. If others ended up having more potential after a little market research then those would be the characters that have more merchandise.

Also, Kale always struck me as more of a joke aimed at the older DB fandom than anything else (note: by joke I mean the whole concept behind her creation, not character itself)
I doubt there is any research done everything seems so random and sporadic. They've been marketing Jiren from the start of this arc and it's weird cuz Jiren doesn't seem to be selling well at all, his stuff always seems to available and cheaply too. For example a Goku vs Jiren set came out a few weeks ago and the Goku part did well but not the Jiren.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:25 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Michsi wrote: Well, guess that means he just wasn't that marketable. I only have a light grasp of what is considered popular in Japan right now, so I couldn't tell how Hit was received. If others ended up having more potential after a little market research then those would be the characters that have more merchandise.

I doubt there is any research done everything seems so random and sporadic. They've been marketing Jiren from the start of this arc and it's weird cuz Jiren doesn't seem to be selling well at all, his stuff always seems to available and cheaply too. For example a Goku vs Jiren set came out a few weeks ago and the Goku part did well but not the Jiren.

I am pretty sure these things are very well researched. You don't invest and build a product line without some serious analyzing done beforehand. That doesn't necessarily mean mistakes and miscalculations can't be made (they're made all the time) but market research is a requirement. If anything, the fact that Jiren's stuff is cheap just might mean it's a test run, see how well he does.

By the way, new characters being introduced doesn't necessarily mean they've been created specifically to be figurines later or something like that. They just as well might be there simply to strengthen those who we already know are popular. Jiren's design might not be that marketable, but Goku's new form, for which he needed a reason to achieve, aka Jiren, probably will be.

For the record, I don't believe the merchandise industry is behind everything, but let's be honest, they're a key figure in every boardroom meeting of any animation studio.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:49 am

Hawk9211 wrote:
CJStriker_CBR wrote:
Hawk9211 wrote: Just as I thought ribrianne is bullshitting her way to possibly god tier.I am kinda disappointed that they have turned jimizu into a one trick pony now my only wish about this fight is to see some magical girl hax.
I think we are judging Jimeze way to early to call him a One Trick Pony and even if that is his main move who cares cause if he is Good at it and it works why not, if it is your fighting style then you become the Best-at-What-You-Do! ;)

As for Ribrianne, how is that BSing her way to God Tier, I don't get the point?! If you can explain further that be good. :think:

As of Now the previews state it as Ribrianne wants to prove her worth to her Universe against Goku, nothing odd about that. That is what many warriors should want and Not let themselves become complacent with their present status if it seems challenged.
Yardrats were said to possess many powerful techniques.It woul be waste if all he oes is spam instant transmission.
It seems to me ribriane is going to use the infamous power of friendship,love etc.
When was it stated they had powerful techniques?

The only reference I have to Yardrats are from the dragon ball z anime. Not sure what the manga said, but I heard that yardrats weren't strong, but they had awesome techniques.
How i predict the tournament will end:

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:15 am

Michsi wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:

I am pretty sure these things are very well researched. You don't invest and build a product line without some serious analyzing done beforehand. That doesn't necessarily mean mistakes and miscalculations can't be made (they're made all the time) but market research is a requirement. If anything, the fact that Jiren's stuff is cheap just might mean it's a test run, see how well he does.

By the way, new characters being introduced doesn't necessarily mean they've been created specifically to be figurines later or something like that. They just as well might be there simply to strengthen those who we already know are popular. Jiren's design might not be that marketable, but Goku's new form, for which he needed a reason to achieve, aka Jiren, probably will be.

For the record, I don't believe the merchandise industry is behind everything, but let's be honest, they're a key figure in every boardroom meeting of any animation studio.
Probably a translation mistake,but it does not matter powerful or awesome they had more techniques than IT.Hopefully not ki blasts since they were stated to be weak.
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:53 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:They've been marketing Jiren from the start of this arc and it's weird cuz Jiren doesn't seem to be selling well at all, his stuff always seems to available and cheaply too. For example a Goku vs Jiren set came out a few weeks ago and the Goku part did well but not the Jiren.
To be fair, it makes sense that Jiren isn't selling well since he hasn't done anything yet. I think he'll pick up after 109. It works for me because I've been able to pick up a few of his figures on the cheap without the usual scalping. :thumbup:

I think Black exploded in popularity because he was a fountain of memes and they're trying to capitalize on that while they can.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:55 am

Jiren's design is boring, imo. He's barely said or done anything so far in the show yet keeps betting hyped here and back. It doesn't help that he's come on the heels of the bombastic, entertainingly wicked Gokû Black.

I feel like Jiren's design and personality should've been two separate characters because together in one character it feels bland right now.

I'm surprised the Uni 6 saiyans don't have more merchandise, but maybe they're more of an international flavor than someone's who'd be popular in Japan?
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:57 am

Btw the Jiren stuff isn't selling well at all. Hopefully the "special" changes this.
Maybe because of fan reaction, and Caulifla unexpectedly becoming more popular than Kale? If Kale didnt unlock her regular SSJ form she wouldve become as irrelevant as Cabba. That form made her somewhat popular.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:09 am

Chuquita wrote:Jiren's design is boring, imo. He's barely said or done anything so far in the show yet keeps betting hyped here and back. It doesn't help that he's come on the heels of the bombastic, entertainingly wicked Gokû Black.

I feel like Jiren's design and personality should've been two separate characters because together in one character it feels bland right now.

I'm surprised the Uni 6 saiyans don't have more merchandise, but maybe they're more of an international flavor than someone's who'd be popular in Japan?
perucho1990 wrote:

Maybe because of fan reaction, and Caulifla unexpectedly becoming more popular than Kale? If Kale didnt unlock her regular SSJ form she wouldve become as irrelevant as Cabba. That form made her somewhat popular.
There is just more popular Saiyans than the Universe 6 ones and how are Caulifla and Kale more relevant than Cabba? Cabba not having screen time now means nothing as we already know about him compared to the other 2 while rbe others have got screen time so the audience gets used to them.

TekTheNinja
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TekTheNinja » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:10 am

TheOne wrote:When was it stated they had powerful techniques?
TheOne wrote: I heard that yardrats weren't strong, but they had awesome techniques.
You answered your own question bro. XD

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:17 am

I don't know what they're doing with Cabba. I think he's just lost in the shuffle because this arc has too many characters.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!