"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by TheOne » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:29 am

TekTheNinja wrote:
TheOne wrote:When was it stated they had powerful techniques?
TheOne wrote: I heard that yardrats weren't strong, but they had awesome techniques.
You answered your own question bro. XD
Haha in my defense awesome doesn't necessarily mean strong!

Like instant transmission isn't necessarily "powerful" but it's definitely saved Goku a few times
How i predict the tournament will end:

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:03 am

Chuquita wrote:I don't know what they're doing with Cabba. I think he's just lost in the shuffle because this arc has too many characters.
Cabba's role is just later, simple as that.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:33 pm

Cabba will be the dark horse that wins the tournament unexpectedly. He hasn't cashed in any of the Buttmonkey Points he's been accumulating yet. :lol:

Glen300

Post by Glen300 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:36 pm

Chuquita wrote:I don't know what they're doing with Cabba. I think he's just lost in the shuffle because this arc has too many characters.
Totally forgot about him. They threw him aside for the female Saiyans.

Jaden
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Jaden » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:40 pm

How old would you say Cabba, Caulifla and Kale are?
I'm gonna put them at around 16.

CJStriker_CBR
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:20 pm

TheOne wrote:
Hawk9211 wrote:
CJStriker_CBR wrote:
I think we are judging Jimeze way to early to call him a One Trick Pony and even if that is his main move who cares cause if he is Good at it and it works why not, if it is your fighting style then you become the Best-at-What-You-Do! ;)

As for Ribrianne, how is that BSing her way to God Tier, I don't get the point?! If you can explain further that be good. :think:

As of Now the previews state it as Ribrianne wants to prove her worth to her Universe against Goku, nothing odd about that. That is what many warriors should want and Not let themselves become complacent with their present status if it seems challenged.
Yardrats were said to possess many powerful techniques.It woul be waste if all he oes is spam instant transmission.
It seems to me ribriane is going to use the infamous power of friendship,love etc.
When was it stated they had powerful techniques?

The only reference I have to Yardrats are from the dragon ball z anime. Not sure what the manga said, but I heard that yardrats weren't strong, but they had awesome techniques.
Indeed I know I have heard they possesses Many Unique techniques, I think I remember Goku Saying that when he got back to earth and after meeting Future Trunks, but I can't remember fully. Anyways while I believe Jimeze is far more powerful then we have yet to consider, after episode 105 with Master Roshi showing both Skill and Technique can be overcome those with Direct Fighting Power, I think Jimeze might show this as well when fighting Gohan.

By the way I like Gohan and I DON'T expect him to get ringed out here, it is just going to be interesting to see the level of Skill both Jimeze and Gohan will show to each other, maybe even development a mutual respect for one another in battle and convince Gohan to maybe learn so of those Yardrat Techniques his Father Knows. :think:

As for Ribrianne ~~~~~ Yea Ribrianne's Power is Based On the Emotional Spectrum of Love and her Love for those she Fights for. That is what gives Ribrianne her power, so I Well Expect, yet Hope that Toei will play off of this and use that in unique ways to Make her a Force in the ToP no one really saw coming cause to many are focus on Universes 7, 11 & 6!

Also others online like YouTuber ~ TR4G1C have gone into this as Theories Towards Ribrianne/Brianne de Chateau in how she will Impact and the Level of her Power in the ToP and how that might play out, it is pretty good in these 2 Videos Below. :thumbup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qhrwpz33bDo&t=80s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfpEgO-Dsoc&t=1s
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:44 pm

Jaden wrote:How old would you say Cabba, Caulifla and Kale are?
Gosh I hope not.. If they're going to make them this strong they should at least be in their 20s

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:47 pm

Jaden wrote:How old would you say Cabba, Caulifla and Kale are?
I'd say 18-19 at most. They look and act like teenagers.

Rubens
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rubens » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:01 pm

Saiyans are suppose to look young until they reach 80 years old, at least in universe 7 - even if universe 6 saiyans have a different age cap, I believe it's safe to assume they may look like teenagers and yet to be actually a lot older.
I'm back!

Lurking around here since 2014. Just an old fan who regained his passion for Dragon Ball since then.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:06 pm

I'd put Cabba, Kale and Caulifla about 20-27 years old.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:13 pm

I'm kinda wishing Kale and Caulifla didn't overshadow Cabba. I feel like it'd be better if they were being introduced as a trio and somewhat equal in power. As of right now they just make it seem like Cabbas a joke compared to the other two.

Hopefully when he gets reintroduced they'll show that he's not the chump they're making him out to be.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:20 pm

Rubens wrote:Saiyans are suppose to look young until they reach 80 years old, at least in universe 7 - even if universe 6 saiyans have a different age cap, I believe it's safe to assume they may look like teenagers and yet to be actually a lot older.
Either they're midgets or they're teenagers. Cabba is about Gohan's size when he was 11 or Goku's size when he was 15.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:04 pm

TheOne wrote:I'm kinda wishing Kale and Caulifla didn't overshadow Cabba. I feel like it'd be better if they were being introduced as a trio and somewhat equal in power. As of right now they just make it seem like Cabbas a joke compared to the other two.

Hopefully when he gets reintroduced they'll show that he's not the chump they're making him out to be.
Agreed I don't like how he seems like a chump compared to the two
Look at goku,gohan,and vegeta outside of kaioken and goku new form in October all three are in same realm of power with the gap small between them
Yet look at u6 trio it doesn't feel like that at all
The guy is an ace for the saiyans defense force and have connection with vegeta yet the dude is surpassed in a hour
They should at least gave him at ssj2 level and make him equal to caulifla while kale be the main heavy hitter instead of what it is now.
If frost is doing something now while he was absent since he eliminated krillin hopefully cabba gets to do things outside of his casual eliminations of two fighters he been absent
Hopefully his fight with vegeta will continue and mean something

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:11 pm

I don't give a single fuck about Cabba as a character, but I too don't like how he's been made to look like somewhat bad compared to the other two.

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:16 am

Oh, watch out, it's Cabba—the ace of the Sadla Defense Force! :lol:

Why's that supposed to mean anything to me? It's not like Sadla ever established itself as some universal powerhouse. Do you just hear a fancy title and go starry eyed? Stop giving meaning to things that have no meaning and you'll be a lot less disappointed.

Like his connection to Vegeta. I wouldn't be surprised if that scene in 100 is all the payoff we'll be getting from it. Or, you know, you could look at what's become of Cabba as a result of his connection to Vegeta.

I do.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:04 am

Simere wrote:Oh, watch out, it's Cabba—the ace of the Sadla Defense Force! :lol:

Why's that supposed to mean anything to me? It's not like Sadla ever established itself as some universal powerhouse. Do you just hear a fancy title and go starry eyed? Stop giving meaning to things that have no meaning and you'll be a lot less disappointed.

Like his connection to Vegeta. I wouldn't be surprised if that scene in 100 is all the payoff we'll be getting from it. Or, you know, you could look at what's become of Cabba as a result of his connection to Vegeta.

I do.
Cabba's doing pretty well for himself, I think. He's highly regarded, became the first Super Saiyan of his universe, he seems to be sorta-kinda forming a posse with Caulifla and Kale, and he gets lots of respect from mentor and former squad leader. Titles are just titles. Being The Prince of All 2 Saiyans hasn't done Vegeta any favors, has it? :lol:

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:36 am

Simere wrote:Oh, watch out, it's Cabba—the ace of the Sadla Defense Force! :lol:

I do.
Nah that's way too boring and lame if that's all were getting having from them it would've meant more if we actually saw them fight and veggie here being impressed
cabba saying time to drop to vegeta doesn't come across well especially when veggie has the same form that stomped him
Plus We never saw how their rematch went due to kale rampage

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:31 am

What I meant was that Cabba ceding his strongest (U6) Saiyan position so quickly and thoroughly to Caulifla and Kale is what you'd expect of a disciple of Vegeta.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:35 am

I feel like Cabba could be someone kids could relate to. He's small, skinny and with a cool haircut, and he fights to keep the peace. He's a Saiyan and he sees Vegeta as his master. I wonder if they will do something with him, as he was deemed important enough he got a cool cut in the opening while Piccolo, 18 and Tenshinan got basically nothing. Same for other new characters but I can understand that they didn't want to spoil too many characters.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:48 am

emperior wrote:I feel like Cabba could be someone kids could relate to. He's small, skinny and with a cool haircut, and he fights to keep the peace. He's a Saiyan and he sees Vegeta as his master. I wonder if they will do something with him, as he was deemed important enough he got a cool cut in the opening while Piccolo, 18 and Tenshinan got basically nothing. Same for other new characters but I can understand that they didn't want to spoil too many characters.
The promotion stuff in the opening means nothing just like a lot of other stuff. Many of you would say Caulifla is important but was not in the opening at all while Krillin had time in it and didn't last long also the Vegeta vs Ribrianne was nothing and also showed Goku vs Bergamo which most would not consider that big of a fight.

There has been a lot of random false hype already in this arc but we have to work out what it is.

I think Cabba will last longer than Caulifla and Kale as I think these 2 are nearly done and would be prime targets for Frieza.