"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:19 am

Basako wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:
Basako wrote:Well, the thing is the sumary of 96 does not say anything about Freeza. Not saying it's gonna happen, but, unfortunately, this is not settled. It will be on Sunday when 95 airs and we see that Freeza does not go anywhere.
That is the problem.

It makes no sense for the magazine to say that they simply go into the Void World, as if nothing had happened.
Freeza betrayed the 7th Universe? Are they desperately looking for a new member?
We're not even going to get a clue about this with '' but '' (which the WSJ always has), let's hide this for what?
Sure, if it was hard to believe before, now it's even harder, but it's not settled. Why? Ask Toei, maybe they want to surprisse the audience. By the way, ask also why did they say that Tenshinhan was going to use new techniques against Gohan and Piccolo.
But if this is just a rumor, they have no how to imagine doing it.
It was said that Teshinhan would use a new tecica only in one of the synopses (I think), and it was not such a relevant change to the episode or wait.

All the synopses presented so far do not show any relation to the leaks.

It also does not make sense for them to make such drastic change with so little time left.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:20 am

Oh god, will the tournament really and finally start this month!? After months of waiting since its announcement last year!?
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:22 am

So there is an end to recruitment, never would have guessed that!
It's been a great a ride either way, these episodes were fun while they lasted
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Basako
Advanced Regular

Post by Basako » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:54 am

Zamasu55 wrote:
Basako wrote:Well, the thing is the sumary of 96 does not say anything about Freeza. Not saying it's gonna happen, but, unfortunately, this is not settled. It will be on Sunday when 95 airs and we see that Freeza does not go anywhere.
How is it not settled? Just how?
Come on, get over the fact the leaks were fake.
Geekdom too in his latest video is literally clutching at straws.
Because there is no new information about Freeza in the new summary. Yes, we could say that the summaries would have said something about that and the part of recruiting a new member if that was going to happen. It's a safe assumption, the best one, but still an assumption.

It's not about getting over, it's about getting confirmation or not. Unfortunatelly, we don't have it yet. I thought this new summary would bring us the final nail too, but it didn't. If it's not earlier with something definitive, on Sunday will be settled.
Heno heno kappa!

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:12 am

I dont know if I should be disappointed or in shock that people didnt get my joke with the "Beerus' plan could be Yamcha" thing... then again I guess pulling a sarcastic comment on the internet was a bad idea to begin with.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:19 am

The character interactions seem to be the most interest aspect in episode 96 imo:

Freeza meeting Frost.

U7 saiyans interacting with U6 saiyans.

Piccolo interacting with the U6 Namekians(if Champa really recruited them).

Goku meeting Jiren

Beerus Plan: Probably to set an alliance with Universe 6?

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:19 am

SansrivaaL wrote:I dont know if I should be disappointed or in shock that people didnt get my joke with the "Beerus' plan could be Yamcha" thing... then again I guess pulling a sarcastic comment on the internet was a bad idea to begin with.
And This is how you get people to know you made a joke without sounding obvious :lol:
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:20 am

Beerus's strategy is to use Goku as live bait to distract the rest of the fighters with how much they hate, all so the other members can take everyone else from behind. Yes, this means that Goku falls into the void with everyone else, but in Beerus's opinion; it's a sacrifice he's willing to take.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:24 am

Kanassa wrote:Beerus's strategy is to use Goku as live bait to distract the rest of the fighters with how much they hate, all so the other members can take everyone else from behind. Yes, this means that Goku falls into the void with everyone else, but in Beerus's opinion; it's a sacrifice he's willing to take.
He also makes 18 flash, Krillin is okay with it for some reason as well, maybe it's the hakai on the face but that's just speculation

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:26 am

Ki Breaker wrote:
Kanassa wrote:Beerus's strategy is to use Goku as live bait to distract the rest of the fighters with how much they hate, all so the other members can take everyone else from behind. Yes, this means that Goku falls into the void with everyone else, but in Beerus's opinion; it's a sacrifice he's willing to take.
He also makes 18 flash, Krillin is okay with it for some reason as well, maybe it's the hakai on the face but that's just speculation
18 flashes Roshi to cover the stage in his blood, slipping up other fighters. But since Roshi had trained against this, the one time they needed his perverted nature, he can't do it!

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:27 am

SansrivaaL wrote:I dont know if I should be disappointed or in shock that people didnt get my joke with the "Beerus' plan could be Yamcha" thing... then again I guess pulling a sarcastic comment on the internet was a bad idea to begin with.
I don't know.

They even said that Beerus's strategy would be to send Freeza to U4 as a double agent. I honestly do not doubt anything else here.

That's because they did not consider the facts that prove that these leaks were fakes (including I posted now)

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:38 am

Basako wrote:
Zamasu55 wrote:
How is it not settled? Just how?
Come on, get over the fact the leaks were fake.
Geekdom too in his latest video is literally clutching at straws.
Because there is no new information about Freeza in the new summary. Yes, we could say that the summaries would have said something about that and the part of recruiting a new member if that was going to happen. It's a safe assumption, the best one, but still an assumption.

It's not about getting over, it's about getting confirmation or not. Unfortunatelly, we don't have it yet. I thought this new summary would bring us the final nail too, but it didn't. If it's not earlier with something definitive, on Sunday will be settled.
If there is no information about Freeza how is it happening then? Out of nowhere? No information -> not happening. Or they would've mentioned it. Seriously.

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:44 am

The central theme of this synopsis is the strategy of Beerus and the interaction that will occur between Zeno and the Universes that will not participate in the tournament.
Basically, nothing important seems to happen on EP 96 (the tournament seems to start effectively on EP 97),

Is Freeza's entry into Freeza's U4 not important? Or the entry of Yamcha?For this reason we do not have great revelations

The synopsis is quite different from the leaks.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:49 am

YEEEES! Finally get to see Liquir God Tails at long last. Been waiting so long to hear from him.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:05 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:YEEEES! Finally get to see Liquir God Tails at long last. Been waiting so long to hear from him.
Do you think Tails took his title from Chaos? Maybe that's why Chaos is a villain again in Sonic Forces...

Kanassa wrote:

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:58 pm

Kanassa wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:YEEEES! Finally get to see Liquir God Tails at long last. Been waiting so long to hear from him.
Do you think Tails took his title from Chaos? Maybe that's why Chaos is a villain again in Sonic Forces...
Was picked up by Korn the U8 angel because he hasn't done anything worthwhile for over a decade, besides regress. So why not be a God of Destruction? And maybe because a fucking gadget user character couldn't be more of the "I am the FC Deviantart reject #1638504 to take your role and place"

Though really I do want to see how Liquir both sounds and acts. His bio alone was following my fan canon :D
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:50 pm

I fear Liquir appearing might affect his imposing look, let's just hope Toei doesn't screw him up too.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:52 pm

Grimlock wrote:I fear Liquir appearing might affect his imposing look, let's just hope Toei doesn't screw him up too.
They have been nailing everything recently, pretty confident they won't be making a mess this time

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:54 pm

Grimlock wrote:I fear Liquir appearing might affect his imposing look, let's just hope Toei doesn't screw him up too.
I fear more about Gin, because he looks terrible in Toei site, and also I wonder they will set up some of the fights that appear in the OP.

For example Vegeta vs Brianne, will Vegeta insult her which is why sets up their fight?

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:05 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote:The central theme of this synopsis is the strategy of Beerus and the interaction that will occur between Zeno and the Universes that will not participate in the tournament.
Basically, nothing important seems to happen on EP 96 (the tournament seems to start effectively on EP 97),

Is Freeza's entry into Freeza's U4 not important? Or the entry of Yamcha?For this reason we do not have great revelations

The synopsis is quite different from the leaks.
Just leave it mate, they're just deluded.