"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by SansrivaaL » Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:45 pm

As long as Gohan looks good in the fight, I dont care if he wins or losses.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:11 pm

Here it is. The day Gohan fans rejoice, or another salt meltdown. My most important desire is PROGRESSION! That means whether he wins or loses, I want it to GO somewhere. If he wins and it just means he's being a bowling pin once more, then winning sucks. If he loses, but that loss will make him better in the future, then a loss is better. All I care about is a good showing, and that Gohan actually progresses after this.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:13 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:Here it is. The day Gohan fans rejoice, or another salt meltdown. My most important desire is PROGRESSION! That means whether he wins or loses, I want it to GO somewhere. If he wins and it just means he's being a bowling pin once more, then winning sucks. If he loses, but that loss will make him better in the future, then a loss is better. All I care about is a good showing, and that Gohan actually progresses after this.
You know what I'm rooting for ;)
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Alee9977
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Alee9977 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:14 pm

I hope we can have a good fight, conservative for a moments, and unique choreography in others with good art and nothing weird, if the fight is good I don't care who wins.

TheGreatSaiyaman
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheGreatSaiyaman » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:15 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:Here it is. The day Gohan fans rejoice, or another salt meltdown. My most important desire is PROGRESSION! That means whether he wins or loses, I want it to GO somewhere. If he wins and it just means he's being a bowling pin once more, then winning sucks. If he loses, but that loss will make him better in the future, then a loss is better. All I care about is a good showing, and that Gohan actually progresses after this.
This. :D

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:16 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
Of course it's salt :lol:

But I want the best of everyone, and not just a few. Besides Fem Broly carries much bigger salt. Especially if they mention Broly's name.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:19 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:
Of course it's salt :lol:

But I want the best of everyone, and not just a few. Besides Fem Broly carries much bigger salt. Especially if they mention Broly's name.
I'm torn on FemBroly's inclusion, on the one hand, I want that scientific proof that Super is shit but it's finally doing something interesting with Goku, something never before addressed that I kind of resist it now.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:27 pm

Go Lavenda! Go Lavenda! Go Lavenda!

How can you not cheer for a guy with such a lovely smile?

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:30 pm

Totamo wrote:
kinisking wrote:
omaro34 wrote:THIS EPISODE TONIGHT IS GONNA BE HYPE!!!

Lol Gohan fans be ready.
It's crazy. Gohan hasn't fought in over a year.
Victory or defeat.
What will please you more
I'll definitely prefer victory, but if he puts up a really good fight I'll be satisfied albeit a little dissapointed.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:34 pm

This sums up my feelings pretty well. I will only be happy if his character is well used on the long road.

Overpowering Lavenda but then get one shot in the real tournament wouldn't make anything for him.

The first wake up for Gohan's character realize his lack of training was during his fight against Dabra in Buu arc.
The second one was during ROF, and damn the writers in ROF arc really took a sweet time in burying him his character, in almost every episode. It was unbelievable. Everytime I thought he would do something cool, the next scene would ruin it.

While I wasn't happy he got one punched by Base Freeza in ROF, he still beat the soldiers that were attacking Krillin in a badass way and he also one shot Shisami, the strongest Freeza soldier in that version. Now a good Gohan moment in ROF arc?! There isn't.

I'm tired at this point. But hey, at least he has his muscles back.
Last edited by FortuneSSJ on Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:45 pm

Summed it up perfectly. If Gohan is going to win comfortably like a champ or totally job out like a loser, at least have that lead to something significant with his character. Instead of it just being another case of, "HA! HA! GOHAN SUCKS! LOL!"

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:50 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Summed it up perfectly. If Gohan is going to win comfortably like a champ or totally job out like a loser, at least have that lead to something significant with his character. Instead of it just being another case of, "HA! HA! GOHAN SUCKS! LOL!"
I think vegeta getting destroyed in episode 56 helped make his beatdown of black better. Would be neat to see something similar happen with Gohan.
Last edited by kinisking on Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

DBS916
Regular

Post by DBS916 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:50 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:Go Lavenda! Go Lavenda! Go Lavenda!

How can you not cheer for a guy with such a lovely smile?

I have to admit Lavenda's design looks better than his two brothers. The menacing look matched with the werewolf charismatics are touche.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:58 pm

kinisking wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
I think vegeta getting destroyed in episode 56 helped make his beatdown of black better. Would be neat to see something similar happen with Gohan.
Yeah, I'd really like that too.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:08 pm

^ While that's true for Vegeta, the problem is that Gohan is getting destroyed almost every time he fights. :lol:
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

dragonballgeek
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by dragonballgeek » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:38 pm

I've stated this a couple times already, but Gohan is either going to barely win or they will have a draw. If we look at the next episode summary I'm pretty sure it implies that Gokus match will be the tie breaker since Bergamo (if that's how you spell his name) wants to put such an emphasis on allowing this match to decide the fate of the universes

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:40 pm

I would rather have him win in a close match than either of the extremes
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Will
Beyond Newbie

Post by Will » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:47 pm

kinisking wrote:

Lol Gohan fans be ready.
He just fought against the parasite alien when the parasite alien was in the actor, and in one thief though.
And a little fight against Goku.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:52 pm

Will wrote:
kinisking wrote:

Lol Gohan fans be ready.
He just fought against the parasite alien when the parasite alien was in the actor, and in one thief though.
And a little fight against Goku.
I meant to add outside of filler but I guess I forgot.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:55 pm

dragonballgeek wrote:I've stated this a couple times already, but Gohan is either going to barely win or they will have a draw. If we look at the next episode summary I'm pretty sure it implies that Gokus match will be the tie breaker since Bergamo (if that's how you spell his name) wants to put such an emphasis on allowing this match to decide the fate of the universes
If Goku vs Bergamo is a tiebreaker, Gohan can't win here.