"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

alakazam^
I Live Here

Re: Official Announcement Thread & Discussion

Post by alakazam^ » Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:49 am

That's probably what Future Trunks is gonna fix.

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:51 am

alakazam^ wrote:That's probably what Future Trunks is gonna fix.
I hope so :D

DBS916
Regular

Post by DBS916 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:55 am

Kuririn Fan wrote:
I hope so :D
Agreed. That would be awesome.

I dislike seeing the series only focused on the likes of Goku and Vegeta. They could do so much more if they allowed Goten, Kid Trunks, and Pan to grow up quickly and train.

Sonicjamareiz
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Sonicjamareiz » Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:57 am

I wish :problem:
Purple Cum Monster Vegeta arc :sick:

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:01 am

Lujin_16 wrote:That means Goku & co do not go home??? A mission ???
I hope they don't go home and that universe 6 and 7 have to work together..

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:23 am

I'm really disappointed, I was hoping we got to explore at least universe 6 Planet salad before going up yet another level. I feel like we never even got to explore the different quadrants of galaxies or even see another about the galaxy King. :( I'll reserve judgment but I love Saiyan lore and never liked the God lore aspect. For me the Buu God arc and lore was completely unbearable and this just ups the ante to 11.
I'd rather they focus on the mortals and mortal lore if possible.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:37 am

SSJ3 Vegeta wrote:I gotta admit those two looks incredibly lame to be the Lord of the Multiverse.But i guess that's what you expect from Toriyama,but its getting way too predictable.
I know, right? I hope it is not true, a fat little dude and a skinny tall bot being the Lord of everything? F***'s sake, no.
TheMikado wrote:I'm really disappointed, I was hoping we got to explore at least universe 6 Planet salad before going up yet another level. I feel like we never even got to explore the different quadrants of galaxies or even see another about the galaxy King. :( I'll reserve judgment but I love Saiyan lore and never liked the God lore aspect. For me the Buu God arc and lore was completely unbearable and this just ups the ante to 11.
Exactly! And that's why would be a good idea to U7 lose this tournament, but whatever then...
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:38 am

TheMikado wrote:I'm really disappointed, I was hoping we got to explore at least universe 6 Planet salad before going up yet another level. I feel like we never even got to explore the different quadrants of galaxies or even see another about the galaxy King. :( I'll reserve judgment but I love Saiyan lore and never liked the God lore aspect. For me the Buu God arc and lore was completely unbearable and this just ups the ante to 11.
This series needs no more saiyans.

Sodhi
I Live Here

Post by Sodhi » Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:39 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Lujin_16 wrote:That means Goku & co do not go home??? A mission ???
I hope they don't go home and that universe 6 and 7 have to work together..
If the title for #43 is right, they have went back home.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:56 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
This series needs no more saiyans.
Well I was specifically talking about the Lore as we know ZERO about Planet Salad and apparently they have a certain level of familiar culture as Vegeta and Cabba used the same exact moves.
We lost whatever kicking style we thought we would get of Cabba from the preview.
And unique Saiyan transformation were gone even after learning that they had no tails and Cabba has never heard of Saiyans transformation. Yet goes SSJ less than an hour after learning about it over Vegeta's empty threats..

At this point I'll take whatever info I can get as Saiyan lore is concerned. Dragonball has been Gokus story from beginning to end so I think it's fair to want to know more about what he actually is and their culture.
So yes I'm a little frustrated that we had such a potentially great premise and setup and literally gone without further mention or allusions to it. It's still possible obviously but I'm not seeing much to imply that even in the upcoming episodes summaries. I just personally find it frustrating everytime a new and interesting fact is revealed about Saiyans out of nowhere it's now fully explored. It was one thing when all your planets history Was destroyed with one two remaining Saiyans. It's another thing knowing you have a planet full of Saiyans just sitting there waiting to be explored. I'm not saying they won't get to it but right now it looks doubtful and it's disappointing that we seem to be going up an additional tier now.

DainIronfoot
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DainIronfoot » Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:03 pm

Hmm, if these two are the gods of the q2 universes, I expected them to have somewhat similar outfits to Beerus,Whis,Vados and Champa. They all have that diamond like design on their outfits, so I thought it would be some sort of variation like that for the other gods. I think the tall one is ok but the short robot looking one makes me go o_O.

Edit: Also, the title for 42 says Goku vs Monaka? The episode description talks about the Zenos but nothing about those two fighting unless it's their suggestion...?

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:15 pm

My only mild relief is that we're not to Future Trunks yet.
I want to get to him, but not right now.

I am however feeling more and more dread that we're never going to visit Planet Sadla.

Edit: Also I think it makes sense these two new guys might be robots, since Toriyama's author avatar for Dragon Ball is one too (maybe he'll appear at some point).
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:32 pm

Chuquita wrote:My only mild relief is that we're not to Future Trunks yet.
I want to get to him, but not right now.

I am however feeling more and more dread that we're never going to visit Planet Sadla.

Edit: Also I think it makes sense these two new guys might be robots, since Toriyama's author avatar for Dragon Ball is one too (maybe he'll appear at some point).
It would be perfect if it's revealed that they're Tori-bot's servants and he's the ultimate ruler of 12 universes.
That's what Daizenshuu says, so it must be true :P

Pannaliciour
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Pannaliciour » Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:47 pm

I see people hoping they explore many many other planets. Thats indeed excited, but I am sceptical about it; GT had this and that is something that I didn't like.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:49 pm

SSJ3 Vegeta wrote:I gotta admit those two looks incredibly lame to be the Lord of the Multiverse.But i guess that's what you expect from Toriyama,but its getting way too predictable.
They are from Toriyama himself. So they need to have designs that fit in the Dragon Ball universe. I hope they are not omnipotent. I can't handle anymore DB fan wank.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:51 pm

Another thing I wonder is if Gokû and Vegeta's training under Whis is done after this arc or not, if they're going home too (not that the ep titles say they are) or maybe on a break of some kind until the next semester?
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Shuby
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Shuby » Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:59 pm

Those two look cancerous Toriyama must be one of the worst character designer in the author history , well he was good in his prime days but wth is this? First that nipple guy then the bear looking dude now this? Not to forget re-colloring his characters.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:01 pm

Hey there is always chance that we will see more Universe 6 stuff later. The show is far from being over.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:10 pm

Shuby wrote:Those two look cancerous Toriyama must be one of the worst character designer in the author history , well he was good in his prime days but wth is this? First that nipple guy then the bear looking dude now this? Not to forget re-colloring his characters.
The nipple guy was supposed to be a joke and nothing more. The bear looking dude isn't a bad design either, it fits his abilities. What characters are a straight up recolor?
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:13 pm

kinisking wrote:
Shuby wrote:Those two look cancerous Toriyama must be one of the worst character designer in the author history , well he was good in his prime days but wth is this? First that nipple guy then the bear looking dude now this? Not to forget re-colloring his characters.
The nipple guy was supposed to be a joke and nothing more. The bear looking dude isn't a bad design either, it fits his abilities. What characters are a straight up recolor?
They probably mean Blue, Freeza, and maybe SSJG. Maybe also Champa and Vados. I don't want to start another one of these arguments since we got some cool new stuff, and I'd rather keep the info flowing on that, instead of a tired old argument. Also let them have their own opinion instead of dismissing it with yours.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!