"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by ArchedThunder » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:13 am

Totamo wrote:I doubt its a super special, the production can't handle it.
If this was well planned and scheduled separate from the main production and had plenty of people that weren't Super staff working on it then it wouldn't hurt things at all, especially since we're getting a week off in September and two weeks off in October.
At worse it will be treated as two episodes of Super and the two weeks off from Super due to these two specials will allow for that to happen with no detriment to the actual show.

Totamo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Totamo » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:46 am

emperior wrote:
And how would you know it?
because the show is breaking down in front of us with the reuse animation and wonky art.

104 was good, 1103 though.

omaro34

Post by omaro34 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:49 am

perucho1990 wrote:I think Roshi will die standing after using Mafuba and eliminating a good chunk of U4 people except the Bug siblings.

The Special might be centered on Yamcha and Trunks/Goten vs Poachers.
I don't believe Roshi will die. I thought he mastered the ability to use the Mafuba without dying since it already happened to him a long time ago against King Piccolo. He was the first one to use the technique in the show, and he learned it from his master Mutaito. Piccolo, Tien, Goku, and Trunks can do it without dying, I'm sure Roshi mastered to do it without dying too.

The Mafuba would have been good to use against someone like Botamo, who absorbs hits like nothing, that would have been creative on the writer's part, instead of having Gohan just pummel him.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:55 am

Totamo wrote:
emperior wrote:
And how would you know it?
because the show is breaking down in front of us with the reuse animation and wonky art.

104 was good, 1103 though.
There's less reused animation now then there was earlier in the tournament. The show is certainly not breaking apart right now, it's staying together pretty well, the reused animation was clearly a tactic to help the show NOT fall apart.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:55 am

omaro34 wrote:
perucho1990 wrote:I think Roshi will die standing after using Mafuba and eliminating a good chunk of U4 people except the Bug siblings.

I don't believe Roshi will die. I thought he mastered the ability to use the Mafuba without dying since it already happened to him a long time ago against King Piccolo. He was the first one to use the technique in the show, and he learned it from his master Mutaito. Piccolo, Tien, Goku, and Trunks can do it without dying, I'm sure Roshi mastered to do it without dying too.

The Mafuba would have been good to use against someone like Botamo, who absorbs hits like nothing, that would have been creative on the writer's part, instead of having Gohan just pummel him.
Also, there's a chance that Roshi just using the mafuuba to throw people off the stage somehow avoids the more deadly effects.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:06 pm

omaro34 wrote:

Tien never got to used it in the manga. The jar broke before he could. He only practice the technique, that wasn't stated to cause death since Tien was prepared to die sealing Piccolo.

The other examples you named were people sealing opponents equal or weaker to the sealer. Not like King Piccolo who was massively stronger than Roshi and Tien.

Mastery has nothing to do with it. It's the stress of doing the sealing.
Kanassa wrote:
Also, there's a chance that Roshi just using the mafuuba to throw people off the stage somehow avoids the more deadly effects.
We see him put a bottle on the ground in the NEP.
Last edited by HeroR on Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:08 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
If this was well planned and scheduled separate from the main production and had plenty of people that weren't Super staff working on it then it wouldn't hurt things at all, especially since we're getting a week off in September and two weeks off in October.
At worse it will be treated as two episodes of Super and the two weeks off from Super due to these two specials will allow for that to happen with no detriment to the actual show.
The new material for the Resurrection "F" "special"* was about a length of an episode and that turned out great and we got a great DBS episode that week #56, the production is no doubt a lot better a year later now so 40min "special" plus a break in September? Nothing to worry about.

I just hope this "special" isn't a waste time.

*Perhaps like that, perhaps this is what Takahashi is referring too.

Basako
Advanced Regular

Post by Basako » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:15 pm

I hope Roshi does not die using the Mafuba against Caway. I mean, for that, better keep escaping and let someone else handle the girl. It's deadly with far superior enemies, this girl may not be that strong.

He also fights against the other girl, Dercori. The blue thingy appears too and Ganos. And Magetta... I doubt all of them will be for the old man. I think it would be great if Tenshinhan was there fighting too, helping, even if it's a Roshi centric episode.
Heno heno kappa!

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:16 pm

I hope the special is a History of the Gods. I think it would be a cool idea to see the origins behind the Gods and how they came to be.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

omaro34

Post by omaro34 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:21 pm

HeroR wrote:
omaro34 wrote:

Tien never got to used it in the manga. The jar broke before he could. He only practice the technique, that wasn't stated to cause death since Tien was prepared to die sealing Piccolo.

The other examples you named were people sealing opponents equal or weaker to the sealer. Not like King Piccolo who was massively stronger than Roshi and Tien.

Mastery has nothing to do with it. It's the stress of doing the sealing.
Kanassa wrote:
We see him put a bottle on the ground in the NEP.
I hear you, I expect this to be a gag episode since 89 was mainly gags with Roshi flustered about woman. I'm sure a good portion of the episode will be Roshi, who trained not to unleash his perv ways, trying to uphold the fruits of that training.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:35 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:I hope the special is a History of the Gods. I think it would be a cool idea to see the origins behind the Gods and how they came to be.
Seconded this too. An origin to the gods and to the Multiverse would be awesome, especially at this moment.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:38 pm

Roronoa-pt wrote:
Shinda Forever wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:

Gohan, Piccolo and Vegeta are not going to be able to do anything until Tien helps out. Is Tien still useless now?
It seems Tenshinhan has a special ability now to locate people.
Most likely some technique envolving his 3rd eye.
That's what i think as well.

kinisking wrote:
VejituhTheWarriorGuy wrote:I agree with what people have said before, it doesn't make any sense to have it be a conjoined key visual if they were two seperate specials. I doubt that Super is in any position production wise to have a special on its own without the One Piece production crew. Plus, the translation mentions a "collaboration preview" so it's likely a crossover
Yeah, I think it's obvious that it's a crossover. I'm still in denial though because I want a hit special.
Me too. :clap:
namekiansaiyan wrote:The fighter from Universe 2 who looks like Blanka has a gun on his arm so it could be him but since they can't see the fighters and becuase of Tien it is most likely the bugs.
I think it is the Blanka guy.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:52 pm

Basako wrote:I hope Roshi does not die using the Mafuba against Caway. I mean, for that, better keep escaping and let someone else handle the girl. It's deadly with far superior enemies, this girl may not be that strong.

He also fights against the other girl, Dercori. The blue thingy appears too and Ganos. And Magetta... I doubt all of them will be for the old man. I think it would be great if Tenshinhan was there fighting too, helping, even if it's a Roshi centric episode.
Maybe Roshi and Magetta can combine since Botamo is out. Kamegetta! :lol:

I have a feeling U4 will be done by 107 and U3 will follow soon after that. If Paparoni really is controlling the other fighters, the whole team might crash if he gets taken out.

My hope is that the remnants of the 6/7 and 2/11 teams join up with their twins for an all-out battle in the final leg of the tournament. The magical girls and sentai heroes of 2+11 vs the roughnecks and villains of 6+7. Would be super exciting!

I feel like Hit and Co are getting caught in the Goku Friendship Dance. He fights them, he helps them against a mutual threat, he lets them go so they can fight again....and then they're friends. :lol:

JulianStyles
Banned

Post by JulianStyles » Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:33 pm

Just the start of whats to come for Tenshinhan. I hope he gets an elimination if not it will be an assist to an elimination.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:39 pm

Tenshinhan has basically been in the background the whole tournament. It's a good thing they're finally justifying him being here. I worry he'll get knocked out soon so he better do something of significance.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:46 pm

If Roshi survives episode 105 but Tenshinahn gets eliminated in episode 106 then again the ED could become a big spoiler and the return of "Vegeta will get eliminated soon" theories.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:59 pm

I hope the DB TV special is something that focuses on developing and exploring the other universes that are taking part in the Tournament Of Power. That would be really cool.

I'm also looking forward to seeing more of Tien in action.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:03 pm

The special being a what if Yamcha took part in TOP will be my pick, but the chances being as low as ChiChi's anger management skills, I will have to go with it showing every participating universe's motives, and by that I mean show us their families and what they gotta protect so viewer can finally start caring about them more than as a number to add to the mass genocide..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

JulianStyles
Banned

Post by JulianStyles » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:07 pm

precita wrote:Tenshinhan has basically been in the background the whole tournament. It's a good thing they're finally justifying him being here. I worry he'll get knocked out soon so he better do something of significance.
Just like Piccolo has been in the back ground? Tien and Freeza have the same number of eliminations. Justify? Lol his years of always coming up big justified it. In ROF he dominated. Receuitment arc you would be foolish to judge him by that. The episodes he was in was for context for other people.

JulianStyles
Banned

Post by JulianStyles » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:07 pm

A better translation