"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by HeroR » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:12 pm

JulianStyles wrote:
precita wrote:Tenshinhan has basically been in the background the whole tournament. It's a good thing they're finally justifying him being here. I worry he'll get knocked out soon so he better do something of significance.
Just like Piccolo has been in the back ground? Tien and Freeza have the same number of eliminations. Justify? Lol his years of always coming up big justified it. In ROF he dominated. Receuitment arc you would be foolish to judge him by that. The episodes he was in was for context for other people.
Tien did no better in Resurrection 'F' than anyone else. Freeza also got two eliminations to his name. Tien has one, which was a co-op with Roshi.

Tien hasn't come up big since the Cell Saga.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:19 pm

HeroR wrote:
JulianStyles wrote:
precita wrote:Tenshinhan has basically been in the background the whole tournament. It's a good thing they're finally justifying him being here. I worry he'll get knocked out soon so he better do something of significance.
Just like Piccolo has been in the back ground? Tien and Freeza have the same number of eliminations. Justify? Lol his years of always coming up big justified it. In ROF he dominated. Receuitment arc you would be foolish to judge him by that. The episodes he was in was for context for other people.
Tien did no better in Resurrection 'F' than anyone else. Freeza also got two eliminations to his name. Tien has one, which was a co-op with Roshi.

Debating him on Tien is pointless. I'm scared of how much that guy likes Tenshinhan.

Most of us realize hes not been an important character since DB and the world martial arts tournament. That is when his character arc ended.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

darzap
Beyond Newbie

Post by darzap » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:24 pm

Maybe Tien has developed some special awareness technique involving his third eye or the special technique is simply the fact, that he can use his 3 eyes independently, which he used to see through the After Image back in DB. It might help to spot the "untraceable" enemy.

Shounen
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shounen » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:25 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:BD Box 11 #121-133
13 eps? End of the series maybe.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:33 pm

Shounen wrote:
Good call, all the previous ones were all 11 eps=276mints, BD 11 got 13eps=299mints. What are the chances that DBS ends at ep 133.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:36 pm

GodKaio-Ken wrote:
HeroR wrote:
JulianStyles wrote:

Debating him on Tien is pointless. I'm scared of how much that guy likes Tenshinhan.

Most of us realize hes not been an important character since DB and the world martial arts tournament. That is when his character arc ended.
Which character has a character arc that is not finished? No character needs developing anymore frok Universe 7 so that has botbing to do with it. He is a fighter so there is no reason for him not to be involved.

RedHeat
Regular

Post by RedHeat » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:37 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:
Shounen wrote:
Good call, all the previous ones were all 11 eps=276mints, BD 11 got 13eps=299mints. What are the chances that DBS ends at ep 133.
About 10%.
Feels over Reals.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:38 pm

SansrivaaL wrote: Good call, all the previous ones were all 11 eps=276mints, BD 11 got 13eps=299mints. What are the chances that DBS ends at ep 133.
No, the previous ones are all 12 episodes.
13 on that one could be a typo.
If Super ends at 133 it will be followed up by a sequel series immediately.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:40 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:
Shounen wrote:
Doubt it, could just be the arc wraps up at that number and they decided to include it as it's only one extra episode, or could be just they're doing 13 eps from 11 onwards.

This is gonna be another Super ending at #72 thing isn't it? Was hoping no one was gonna notice that...
ArchedThunder wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote: Good call, all the previous ones were all 11 eps=276mints, BD 11 got 13eps=299mints. What are the chances that DBS ends at ep 133.
To be fair it likely wasn't a typo as the minutes of the BD 11 also increased.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:46 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
Oh right, I keep forgetting to count the 1st number when it comes to eps.

JulianStyles
Banned

Post by JulianStyles » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:49 pm

HeroR wrote:
JulianStyles wrote:

What the hell are you talking about? Tien dominated in the movie ROF and the series and even saved Krillins scared ass. And yes you are right about Freeza forgot the one he scared off the stadium.

Tiens competition isnt Goku,Gohan,Freeza ect. Its Krillin and Roshi.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:51 pm

Please try to keep your Tenshinhan conversations to their specific threads; your current conversation has little-to-nothing to do with official announcements.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:53 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:With them apparently being a collab, but also being specific DBS and OP specials I'm wondering if maybe they have the same basic plot, but just done in the frame work of the two different shows. That'd be kinda neat.
It's another damn crossover special shoved down to our throats. "Neat" is not the first word that comes to mind.
HeroR wrote:It would also be OOC for Whis. Despite what the fandom seems to think, Whis doesn't train random fodder. Vegeta literally had to bribe Whis to get training and he never showed any care about Gohan despite his latent power. The only fighter Whis showed any real investment with is Goku, who he took as his student just by Goku asking.
I think you confused some bits, it doesn't matter that Vegeta had to humiliate himself bribe Whis in order to be trained, he was the first and Goku the second one.
Full preview for 106. Thanks again to Kagari and Herms:

https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/900628410283704322
Gohan and Piccolo co-op is always nice too see, about Tien: it's nice too see him having a chance to shine, funny how people thought we would be easily discarded in ToP just because he didn't did much before.

I'm also interested in that Vegeta's part, he always been known for underestimating his opponents, but it looks like this time he'll think before taking any action.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

MrBlackFox
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MrBlackFox » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:54 pm

Shiiit, the 17 hyper exalted fanboy, the Piccolo one, now the Tienguy

I'm done

Julian, please don't hate me, but be realistic, Tien did absolutely NOTHING aside from that Cell arc's cool 3 minutes, and maybe a minute in the Buu saga anime

He's like a ghost for now, he saved Roshi but he's still a non character

Regarding 106 preview, I point my money on the bug fighter, it's him for sure
Tien can use his third eye to see and to sense, he'll find him
Though a stealth bug sniping random fighters is awesome to me, can't wait
Last edited by MrBlackFox on Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:55 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote:
Shounen wrote: 13 eps? End of the series maybe.
Doubt it, could just be the arc wraps up at that number and they decided to include it as it's only one extra episode, or could be just they're doing 13 eps from 11 onwards.

This is gonna be another Super ending at #72 thing isn't it? Was hoping no one was gonna notice that...
ArchedThunder wrote:
To be fair it likely wasn't a typo as the minutes of the BD 11 also increased.
Saying that Super will conclude at that episode because of a blu-ray seems like overanalysing to me. Bringing up Episode 72 is a good example there. Episode 133 could just as well be in the middle of an arc, we simply don't know anywhere near enough to say.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:56 pm

Saw the warning.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

JulianStyles
Banned

Post by JulianStyles » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:56 pm

GodKaio-Ken wrote:
HeroR wrote:
JulianStyles wrote:

This wasnt a debate. This was a correction as to when it was said Tien hasnt been around. True or false has he not had the same amount of screen time as Piccolo? To judge prematurely is foolish. We know Tien wasnt going to be dominating like 17. But hes had his fair share of moments and dialogue and that will increase as more fighters are eliminated or as we come closer to his elimination time.

And its your last statment thats more combative than anyone defending him. He has had relevant moments since since the 22nd tournament. He was a major character in the Piccolo and 23rd tournament sagas. And has had good moments in Z in each saga. And he has been more relevant than his peers in the later sagas Android-Buu. Stop trying to make this into some fan boy war and just speak truth. Do I expect Tien to win the tournament? No. I expect him to perform well as hes a dedicated, diciplined fighter who is justified for being there.

hardcorefakes
Beyond Newbie

Post by hardcorefakes » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:57 pm

Shounen wrote:
I don't know about that....

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:00 pm

Noah wrote: It's another damn crossover special shoved down to our throats. "Neat" is not the first word that comes to mind.
It's a collab, but they are two separate specials, a One Piece one and a Super one, so they might not be crossovers.