"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

The_Destroyer
Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by The_Destroyer » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:38 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
pacz360 wrote::sick: IDK how I feel about this...
Freeza,cabba,frost,u6 nameks haven't done anything yet or had a real fight so far how will they handled them if goku Vs jiren happens in October
What if the Namekians are actually the real top fighters? They are the only characters apart from the bugs left who could possibly be really strong.
Harmira and Pran were hidden for a while and they're getting an episode. Namekians and the Cicadas were hidden too, no doubt that they'll get their own episodes. Bet 107 and 108 are at least about one of them.

VejituhTheWarriorGuy
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by VejituhTheWarriorGuy » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:46 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
VejituhTheWarriorGuy wrote: Yeah and in other countries they probably won't air them back to back
I guess that depends on if it's literally two episodes, right down to have the OP and ED for both, or if the time that would be used on the first ED and second OP are still the episode.
Well, Jump said that they'd be one episode after another so it'll probably be literally two episodes
"You think you can defeat me? Using the power of those MOSQUITOS?! I am the legendary WARRIOR!" - Broly (Big Green Dub)

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:48 pm

Honestly I'm scared now if were getting goku Vs jiren. This early then that means a lot of characters are getting tossed out with out showing something good or meaningful

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:52 pm

I just hope the next arc, whatever it's about, isn't as messy as this one is.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:53 pm

Guys they didn't spend so many episodes taking out fodder/weak enemies just to rush all the important battles at the end. All the big players of the tournament have barely done anything yet.

CJStriker_CBR
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:55 pm

Chuquita wrote:I just hope the next arc, whatever it's about, isn't as messy as this one is.
I Think the ToP arc was just Toei's way of having a Grand Intro to all they Universes at one. I think the next arc will be and I expect all the universes that are and will be erased will be brought back, they we will have a UNITY Arc where a few all a majority of the Universes instead of Fighting each other are forming alliances and fighting a common foe or foes.

That is my hope for the next arc after we have some downtime episodes.
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:56 pm

precita wrote:Guys they didn't spend so many episodes taking out fodder/weak enemies just to rush all the important battles at the end. All the big players of the tournament have barely done anything yet.
Wasn't FT saga rushed by the ending?

Vegeta-Sama
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Vegeta-Sama » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:03 pm

Goku vs Jiren doesnt mean its the ending of the ToP.
Why are people so overracting all the time.

Cant wait for outcry when both knocking each other out the ring after a long hard foughted battle. :mrgreen:

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:10 pm

Vegeta-Sama wrote:Goku vs Jiren doesnt mean its the ending of the ToP.

Cant wait for outcry when both knocking each other out the ring after a long hard foughted battle. :mrgreen:
I am theories that Goku and Jiren will be part of a double handful of fighters left in the ToP, they will go ALL OUT on each other and in the end Ring-Out each other to save a Final Battle for another Day and leave the others to finish the ToP, that would nor surprise me in happening.

Also JUST the Goku vs. Jiren fight to be the BE-ALL, END-ALL for the Whole ToP is Way to Predictable and I doubt Toei wants to be That Predictable! ;)
My #1 in DB!

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:13 pm

pacz360 wrote:Honestly I'm scared now if were getting goku Vs jiren. This early then that means a lot of characters are getting tossed out with out showing something good or meaningful
Well, we will have 5 episodes until the beginning of the special (7 counting with the special itself).

Could this be a good scheme for these next 7 episodes?

1 Tenshinhan
2 Vegeta
3 Piccolo
4 Gohan
5 Freeza
6 Jiren begins to move
7 at the end Goku shows the new form

Vegeta-Sama
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Vegeta-Sama » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:21 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote:
pacz360 wrote:Honestly I'm scared now if were getting goku Vs jiren. This early then that means a lot of characters are getting tossed out with out showing something good or meaningful
Well, we will have 5 episodes until the beginning of the special (7 counting with the special itself).
We have 3 left:

2nd September - 106
9th September - Break
16th September - 107
23th September - 108
1st october - Break
8th october - 1 Hour Special Goku vs Jiren

Vegeta-Sama
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Vegeta-Sama » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:22 pm

CJStriker_CBR wrote:

I am theories that Goku and Jiren will be part of a double handful of fighters left in the ToP, they will go ALL OUT on each other and in the end Ring-Out each other to save a Final Battle for another Day and leave the others to finish the ToP, that would nor surprise me in happening.

Also JUST the Goku vs. Jiren fight to be the BE-ALL, END-ALL for the Whole ToP is Way to Predictable and I doubt Toei wants to be That Predictable! ;)
Exactly!
Love your Brianne Profile Pic!
I wished she would fight in Base. :mrgreen:

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:24 pm

Just because Goku/Jiren start fighting doesn't mean everyone else is knocked out. Most likely all the other characters will still have their own fights while Goku/Jiren is going on.

Big Black Sayian
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Big Black Sayian » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:26 pm

https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/901958146826027008
"Per the prdoucer, the DBS special will mark the start of the tournament's climax, as Goku starts to fight Jiren."

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:30 pm

Vegeta-Sama wrote:
CJStriker_CBR wrote:

Exactly!
Love your Brianne Profile Pic!
I wished she would fight in Base. :mrgreen:
Indeed Glad we agree on the Same Theory Vegeta-Sama, we will have to see what happens, but I much Rather have that Theory and have Toei be Unpredictable in how this will end.

Also, Thanks Glad You like My Avatar! It was Made by a Friend of Mine on The Comic Book Resoure Forums Right before Episode 102, so My Avatar Here and Their are of Brianne cause I LIKE her Character So Much Right Now and that is NO Small Feet for me to change my avatar on CBR if you knew me.

Indeed, while I like Ribrianne's Transformed State, I would LOVE to see Brianne Fight in her Base State, It Be both Beautiful and Awesome Looking! 8)

Heck, Maybe after this ToP is over she will train up her base state and show us that in a future episode, I really want to see that! :D

My #1 in DB!

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:38 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:Who says they're going to job anyone out? Goku's been trying to fight Jiren since the tournament started. This battle could easily be happening while other fighting is going on.
TheMikado wrote:So a thought just occurred to me. Will we see a Goku's new form in the manga or is this another Toei creation?

We already have a precedent for it with multiple examples and I'm not sure if we've seen any designs from either Toriyama or Toyotaro with it yet.

What if Toei just made the whole thing up like SSJ Rage and SSBxKK?
I've been thinking that Rage and Trunks' Improved Super Saiyan 2 form are supposed to be the same thing or were derived from the same point in the outline but moved around to different locations. Since God came back in the anime I honestly won't be surprised if Kaioken Blue shows up in the manga's exhibition matches (assuming they happen) or during the fight with Jiren.
That's a good point, Toyotaro could just add KK and be done with the crazy transformation nonsense. I'm really looking forward to see his take on it because so far all his transformations have been different from the anime in substance and form.

Rhuagh
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Rhuagh » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:04 pm

TheMikado wrote:So a thought just occurred to me. Will we see a Goku's new form in the manga or is this another Toei creation?

We already have a precedent for it with multiple examples and I'm not sure if we've seen any designs from either Toriyama or Toyotaro with it yet.

What if Toei just made the whole thing up like SSJ Rage and SSBxKK?
No way it's not in the manga. Rage was barely even acknowledged as a new transformation, had zero build up, and was given to a character that we probably won't see again for another 2 decades, if ever. Kaioken also isn't really a new transformation. I don't think Toei has the authority to create a new form that is supposed to be Goku's strongest.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:21 pm

Vegeta-Sama wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:
We have 3 left:

2nd September - 106
9th September - Break
16th September - 107
23th September - 108
1st october - Break
8th october - 1 Hour Special Goku vs Jiren
Episode 107 is rumored to be centered on U3 according to Toshios twitter.

Episode 108 might have Vegeta fight Jiren(u know Vegeta always jobs to the main antagonist).

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:40 pm

Universe 6 needs to lose more members soon. Hard to believe only Botamo has fallen.

I guess Dr. Rota and Magetta will probably be out next.

incarnati0n
Beyond Newbie

Post by incarnati0n » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:47 pm

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2017/08/27/on ... nal-video/

Seems like while the Goku vs Jiren start in the special, it's looks like the special will just start the important part of the tournament with the fodder being all out and the important fights starting. Atleast that is what it looks like to me.