"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:04 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote:Do we even know if that title is legit? The suspense is killing me.
It is legit but it's highly likely that it's just provisional but gives us a good idea what's gonna happen though.

Pannaliciour
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Pannaliciour » Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:11 pm

That should explain why Vegetto is angry: perhaps Trunks will die.

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:14 pm

Pannaliciour wrote:That should explain why Vegetto is angry: perhaps Trunks will die.
I did find it odd that Trunks is nowhere to be seem in the EP.

Pannaliciour
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Pannaliciour » Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:16 pm

ryou766 wrote:
Pannaliciour wrote:That should explain why Vegetto is angry: perhaps Trunks will die.
But if I am right why should vegetto be angy in epsiode 66 when Trunks dies in 67!?

SuperRose

Post by SuperRose » Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:18 pm

JulieYBM wrote:
SuperRose wrote:Would you guys really be satasfied to see Zamasu losing in 1 episode maybe the first few minutes at #67? Because of being good animated? I wouldn't like it tbh. Zamasu has been hyped as a crazy character especially as Black Goku and even more now in his fusion. I would love to see a all out fight till Episode 70. haven't seen it for a while :D
I would be entirely satisfied with the battle ending in one episode if it was well animated. You can do a lot fighting in just a few seconds. Naruto Shippuuden regularly did so with episodes like Episode #167 or #322 or Yuu Yuu Hakusho Episode #58 and Episode #74. Heck, Toei Animation's done similar before with Go! Princess PreCure Episode #50 and Saint Seiya Omega Episode #51. It's better than looking at a multiple-episode battle that has terrible storyboarding and animation because there's no time, no animators and no drawings available to make something great.

Heck, look at what you can pull off in just fifty seconds.

A single episode is more than enough for a good fight.
For me not since it needs a begin, highlight and a good ending. IMO 1 episode wouldn't be not. For the fight over animation anyday. Its cool to see a well animated fight tho but for me it would perfectly be satasfied to see a average animated fight, while we can see a fight which deserved to be epic by a all out fight

SuperRose

Post by SuperRose » Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:19 pm

Pannaliciour wrote:
ryou766 wrote:
But if I am right why should vegetto be angy in epsiode 66 when Trunks dies in 67!?
Yep that actually wouldn't make sense :D

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:20 pm

Pannaliciour wrote:
ryou766 wrote:
Perhaps Trunks is inflicted with a critical injury and officially dies in 67? But they do have some extra sage beans, I think.

thegamer23
Beyond Newbie

Post by thegamer23 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:33 pm

I guess Goku & Vegeta will eat the Beams before fusing, would make sense in order to be at the absolute maximum power.

Lujin_16
Regular

Post by Lujin_16 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:35 pm

thegamer23 wrote:I guess Goku & Vegeta will eat the Beams before fusing, would make sense in order to be at the absolute maximum power.
You are right and they have only 2 senzu beans so it is possible that Future Trunks will die at episode 67 somehow

Sora Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Sora Saiyan » Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:37 pm

I'd say Vegetto is angry in the preview because he's having a tough battle, and he just plainly hates Zamasu. If if you look closely at when he first appears in the preview he is smiling just before he transforms into SSJB, so I'd say Trunks can't be critically injured otherwise Vegetto wouldn't smile.

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:45 pm

Sora Saiyan wrote:I'd say Vegetto is angry in the preview because he's having a tough battle, and he just plainly hates Zamasu. If if you look closely at when he first appears in the preview he is smiling just before he transforms into SSJB, so I'd say Trunks can't be critically injured otherwise Vegetto wouldn't smile.
Well, in that instance he smiles before angrily transforming into SSB. It could be a "You don't know how badly you fucked up" type of moment.

Lujin_16
Regular

Post by Lujin_16 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:50 pm

ryou766 wrote:
Sora Saiyan wrote:I'd say Vegetto is angry in the preview because he's having a tough battle, and he just plainly hates Zamasu. If if you look closely at when he first appears in the preview he is smiling just before he transforms into SSJB, so I'd say Trunks can't be critically injured otherwise Vegetto wouldn't smile.
Well, in that instance he smiles before angrily transforming into SSB. It could be a "You don't know how badly you fucked up" type of moment.

He looks really angry when he does Instant Transmission and even with the Final Kamehameha that's not Vegetto we know so i believe something happend

Maybe Merged Zamasu has killed the little girl or injured Future Trunks

Sora Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Sora Saiyan » Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:52 pm

ryou766 wrote:
It could be, but I doubt it. The biggest possibility for Trunks getting injured would be as collateral damage, and for me that would be during the fight between Vegetto and Zamasu.

Anyway, I think the next episode title is to do with the arc being done and Vegetto and Bulma leaving in the time machine. It's not anything to do with Trunks dying IMO.

WhatsUpPigeons
Not-So-Newbie

Post by WhatsUpPigeons » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:08 pm

What about that scene when the little girl looked at Trunk's sword during the father son beam struggle?

Legion
Regular

Post by Legion » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:09 pm

Trunks will NOT DIE :cry:

I think that Vegeth will use mafuba in episode 67 and they go back to the past WITH Zamasu.
Last edited by Legion on Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:13 pm

Pff. I don't even know what i actually want anymore.. An episode a week is way to slow and the suspense is killing me haha

Maybe Merged Zamasu isn't immortal afterall and Vegito kills him in 2 episodes and makes quick work of it. That would actually be the first time in dragon ball canon that a fused character kills someone.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:13 pm

Goku's sacrifice in Z had "bye bye" in the title....

Trunks will probably not die though that's too much even for this arc.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:22 pm

It seems like the arc is gonna be wrapped up into a swift end with Future Trunks either dying, saying goodbye to Goku, Vegeta and Bulma as they will inevitably return to their timeline, or perhaps Mai will sacrifice herself and actually die?

Speculation time, folks. :P

ShinTenshin
Beyond Newbie

Post by ShinTenshin » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:32 pm

That remind me the title of the EP24 of DBZ, Farewell Tenshinhan !
An end that was so sad !

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:47 pm

WhatsUpPigeons wrote:What about that scene when the little girl looked at Trunk's sword during the father son beam struggle?
Maki will be the one to kill Zamasu with the sword after Trunks, Vegetto, and the Kaioshins died, like in JoJo part 6.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra