"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

kinisking
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by kinisking » Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:29 pm

Noah wrote:
kinisking wrote:What things has Super ripped off from Multiverse?
Er... A Tournament between multiple universes?
Not only has that been done in other things, multiverse's concept of alternate universe's is drastically different from Super's. Hardly the same thing.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:36 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Definitely isn't Kioken in the intro:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
Colour of the red is different and some the Blue aura should be seen.
Thanks to the filter, some of the colors have been alternated.
That doesn't explain the lack of blue though.
Toei's just being a tease, thats definitely a new form, Goku was glowing after he removed that red aura with ssjb effects, I bet we'll get new visuals after the form makes its intro.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:46 pm

HeroR wrote:That isn't exactly an original concept. You need to read more fiction.
I'm anxious for your examples on the subject.
kinisking wrote:Not only has that been done in other things, multiverse's concept of alternate universe's is drastically different from Super's. Hardly the same thing.
Hardly the same thing, but it resembles a lot. There are only three major differences: actual universes instead of multiverses, no DBs wish prize, no universe destruction for the losing.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:50 pm

Noah wrote:
kinisking wrote:Not only has that been done in other things, multiverse's concept of alternate universe's is drastically different from Super's. Hardly the same thing.
Hardly the same thing, but it resembles a lot. There are only three major differences: actual universes instead of multiverses, no DBs wish prize, no universe destruction for the losing.
True but I'll take this over Multiverse, mainly because almost every one here is unique rather then almost all the fighter being reworkings of old ones or movie villains. The threat of universal destruction is a nice touch and it will be darkly humorous is their is no big prize..."you get to live, what more do you want?".

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:56 pm

Noah wrote:
HeroR wrote:That isn't exactly an original concept. You need to read more fiction.
I'm anxious for your examples on the subject.
Those major differences clearly show that it isn't a rip off of multiverse. Just because multiverse has a tournament (which is something Dragonball has done multiple times ) doesn't mean this arc is a rip off.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:07 pm

Anyone noticed Goku is glowing after that "Kaioken" scene in the opening? While he is rushing the camera.
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:13 pm

That definetely isn't Kaiohken.

TheMathemagician
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheMathemagician » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:14 pm

percula wrote:It's a bit strange not to see Bulma in the new OP while Chi Chi does appear :| I know she's pregnant now but she's still the main female character of Dragon Ball.
Maybe Toei will finally develop Goku and Chichi's relationship... Lol.
"Sighs...At my age, I already have a woman who follows me around thinking she's my wife. Oh! My youth's rotting away!" - Ataru Moroboshi

DI297
Beyond Newbie

Post by DI297 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:15 pm

omegalucas wrote:Anyone noticed Goku is glowing after that "Kaioken" scene in the opening? While he is rushing the camera.
It could be just an animation effect cause after that he looks normal again, I really hope they don't make some kind of mystic Goku and go for something like ssbk ×100 or a new form.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:16 pm

percula wrote:It's a bit strange not to see Bulma in the new OP while Chi Chi does appear :| I know she's pregnant now but she's still the main female character of Dragon Ball.
Well she's Goku's wife after all.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:33 pm

"Even Zeno-sama will be blown away!!"
That's a pretty badass line to finish the Opening song. I'm impressed! :lol:

And looks like the official subs are going with "Tournament of Power" instead of "Tournament of Might". Much better.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:36 pm

Re: the op

Maybe they'll update it to include Bulma after Bra is born.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:41 pm

Chuquita wrote:Re: the op

Maybe they'll update it to include Bulma after Bra is born.
They need to update it to include other scenes than the alien vs Goku.. that fight is scattered all over the op..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:43 pm

I see people saying the guy that Goku is fighting in the intro looks lame. I want to see more in action before I make judgement on it. He may end up being very popular with fans. I remember when people said that Hit look like a Cell knock off or a purple Piccolo. Now Hit has become a fan favorite since then.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:49 pm

Now that I've seen it, Hit's design actually reminds me of a bald Star Platinum wearing a Jotaro style outfit.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

DI297
Beyond Newbie

Post by DI297 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:51 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:I see people saying the guy that Goku is fighting in the intro looks lame. I want to see more in action before I make judgement on it. He may end up being very popular with fans. I remember when people said that Hit look like a Cell knock off or a purple Piccolo. Now Hit has become a fan favorite since then.
Looks and popularity are 2 different things, you can like the character but not his design, I still don't like Hit's face but I like him.

lord godly da don
Beyond Newbie

Post by lord godly da don » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:59 pm

I most be the only person who thinks that the red aura Goku is clocked in is not a new transformation or kaioken but what if it's the grey alien corrupting Goku's ki and that is why he reverts to base form

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:04 pm

My theory why Goten and Trunks are not fighting could be that only adults can fight.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:06 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:My theory why Goten and Trunks are not fighting could be that only adults can fight.
They do not have enough historical status.
lord godly da don wrote:I most be the only person who thinks that the red aura Goku is clocked in is not a new transformation or kaioken but what if it's the grey alien corrupting Goku's ki and that is why he reverts to base form
I think it is some kind of Ki attack.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:09 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:My theory why Goten and Trunks are not fighting could be that only adults can fight.
Bulma and Chi Chi don't want them fighting.
I think the important thing is that both of them want to be strong like their dads, so some day, probably after they grow up, they might be relevant.