"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheMikado
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by TheMikado » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:23 am

pacz360 wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
Totamo wrote: Because most fans, no matter how much they complain, mostly care about saiyans.

why do you think the first thing people wanted was more saiyans from U6.
People generally want new things and only mention Saiyans as it is obvious. This surely has to be the end of Kale and Caulifla now after Goku recovers.
Maybe but it depends what state goku is at that point no way goku will have the strength to go ssjb at best ssj
So since senzu beans aren’t allowed how is Goku going to recover that much stamina that quickly? Even in the buu arc Vegeta had to stall for time just so Goku could rest and I’m not sure how much time has passed in the tournament so far.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:27 am

Wow. This is the arc that never ends.
It goes on and on my friends.

But seriously, into November? Sheesh!

On the bright side, looking forward to Hit the most since I'm neutral on the Uni 6 saiyan trio.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:29 am

They want us to be on edge since our big dog's stamina is down to the point that he cant even transform, and the funny thing is Goku will probably own Cauli and Kale despite it :lol:

Yedis
Beyond Newbie

Post by Yedis » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:29 am

Episodes 112-114 feel like padding. Like if I wasn't able to catch them, then I wouldn't be missing anything significant

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:30 am

TheMikado wrote:
pacz360 wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
People generally want new things and only mention Saiyans as it is obvious. This surely has to be the end of Kale and Caulifla now after Goku recovers.
Maybe but it depends what state goku is at that point no way goku will have the strength to go ssjb at best ssj
So since senzu beans aren’t allowed how is Goku going to recover that much stamina that quickly? Even in the buu arc Vegeta had to stall for time just so Goku could rest and I’m not sure how much time has passed in the tournament so far.
31 minutes left before the special so until episode 113 it should be around in the 20s

RedHeat
Regular

Post by RedHeat » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:51 am

Pretty interesting stuff. Don't need to extrapolate further on far off episode names.

Also, my sides reach orbit every time this place turns into a tar pit whenever Kale/Caulifla get any major roles.
Feels over Reals.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:52 am

Chuquita wrote:Wow. This is the arc that never ends.

On the bright side, looking forward to Hit the most since I'm neutral on the Uni 6 saiyan trio.
I figured as much when Toshi said he was doing 115. If the arc was gong to end in a few episodes, the Pokemon guy would be doing them since he seems to be the closer.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Saikyo no Senshi
Advanced Regular

Post by Saikyo no Senshi » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:54 am

This shit just won't end. The composition of this arc is absolutely terrible. Looking forward to Takahashi's episode though and my gal Kale. Hope, its more shy Kale and less Broli Kale.
Last edited by Saikyo no Senshi on Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:55 am

I am quite interested about 115 since the summery and the title don't seem to match.
Saikyo no Senshi wrote:This shit just won't end. The series composition of this arc is absolutely terrible. Looking forward to Takahashi's episode though and my gal Kale. Hope, its more shy Kale and less Broli Kale.
I can't help but find this ironic coming from a Naruto fan who watched the anime.
Kanassa wrote:
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:20 am

HeroR wrote:I am quite interested about 115 since the summery and the title don't seem to match.
Episode 115 doesnt have a title nor summary

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:27 am

pacz360 wrote:
HeroR wrote:I am quite interested about 115 since the summery and the title don't seem to match.
Episode 115 doesnt have a title nor summary
Sorry, meant 114.
Kanassa wrote:

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:33 am

Hmmm, going just by the scant information we have available here, it seems that Jiren is either eliminated or beaten into retreat some time between 111 and 112. I can't see Goku mucking around with Universe 3 and the girls for two episodes if Jiren's still kicking around. Hit or Goku might tag team him again or Hit makes a sacrifice play for a double KO.

114 sounds like either Kale or Caulifla is going to get a new transformation thanks to being pressured by Goku. If that's the case we might see either SS3 Caulifla like Goku predicted would happen last time, or maybe LSS3 Kale. I'd love that even though I know it'll open up a salt factory. :lol:

Toshio said he wrote 112 and 115. 112 appears to be Cabba-focused and Kale and Caulifla don't seem to come into focus until 113, so I'd wager that 115 is the Kale/Caulifla episode he's so pleased with.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:34 am

HeroR wrote:
Chuquita wrote:Wow. This is the arc that never ends.

I figured as much when Toshi said he was doing 115. If the arc was gong to end in a few episodes, the Pokemon guy would be doing them since he seems to be the closer.
This is true. 3 or 4 Tomioka episodes in a row usually does mean the end of the arc. I didn't pick up on Toshio signaling it probably wasn't the end at the time.

I low key worry about why this arc is dragging. Are they just trying out a yearly arc format ala Precure? Is Toriyama getting bored again so they're stalling for time?
I'd think a more plot heavy arc would be more worthy of getting an entire year of episodes; not a tournament. Did they bite off more than they could chew?

At least I won't feel bad if I miss it live after daylight savings time swaps in early November.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:38 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:Hmmm, going just by the scant information we have available here, it seems that Jiren is either eliminated or beaten into retreat some time between 111 and 112. I can't see Goku mucking around with Universe 3 and the girls for two episodes if Jiren's still kicking around. Hit or Goku might tag team him again or Hit makes a sacrifice play for a double KO.
My guess is that Hit and Jiren are still fighting during these episodes.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:44 am

Chuquita wrote:
This is true. 3 or 4 Tomioka episodes in a row usually does mean the end of the arc. I didn't pick up on Toshio signaling it probably wasn't the end at the time.

I low key worry about why this arc is dragging. Are they just trying out a yearly arc format ala Precure? Is Toriyama getting bored again so they're stalling for time?
I'd think a more plot heavy arc would be more worthy of getting an entire year of episodes; not a tournament. Did they bite off more than they could chew?

At least I won't feel bad if I miss it live after daylight savings time swaps in early November.
Most of the dragging, Imo, happened in the recruitment episodes. The tournament for the most part isn't really dragged given the scale. Also, this arc is bringing in elements from all the previous, including Resurrection 'F' that people wrote off as 'filler'. Overall, this arc seems like a turning point for Super much like how the Namek/Freeza Saga was turning point back in its day.
Kanassa wrote:

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:45 am

ArchedThunder wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:Hmmm, going just by the scant information we have available here, it seems that Jiren is either eliminated or beaten into retreat some time between 111 and 112. I can't see Goku mucking around with Universe 3 and the girls for two episodes if Jiren's still kicking around. Hit or Goku might tag team him again or Hit makes a sacrifice play for a double KO.
Yeah, don't read into anything with these. For example they made a massive point about Goku and Caulifla and SSGSS but in reality of the episode it was nothing but passing dialogue. Or how they talking about Goku's heart throbbing as he turns SSG, in reality of the episode he was just excited.

3 lines is never gonna fully summarise a 20 min episode. Like how people thought Vegeta was gonna KO'd cuz he wasn't mentioned in a bunch of summaries/titles a few months ago. Or more recently people thinking Goku will get KO'd because of the partial half title "Hit vs Jiren".

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:46 am

ArchedThunder wrote:
They are not going to fight through all these episodes. Once a fight like this starts they will focus on it.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:53 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Yeah, don't read into anything with these. For example they made a massive point about Goku and Caulifla and SSGSS but in reality of the episode it was nothing but passing dialogue. Or how they talking about Goku's heart throbbing as he turns SSG, in reality of the episode he was just excited.

3 lines is never gonna fully summarise a 20 min episode. Like how people thought Vegeta was gonna KO'd cuz he wasn't mentioned in a bunch of summaries/titles a few months ago. Or more recently people thinking Goku will get KO'd because of the partial half title "Hit vs Jiren".
People also thought Vegeta was going to get KOed because of that whole ending thing. Just wait, we're probably gonna be in for a whole new wave of that this weekend once the new ending comes out. Oy. :crazy:

But that's why I said Jiren might be forced to retreat or he backs off if he isn't eliminated. They made a big deal about him moving into action for three episodes, but then he seemingly (key word here) drops out of focus.I figure we'll get some idea what happens one way or the other with the WSJ 112 next week. And if not, 111 is only a couple days after. :P

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:56 am

I swear if Kale gets another transformation after her Berserk mode... Kinda tired of seeing Cabba get stepped on. Hopefully he has a nice showing in 112.

Also, increase his stamina as he fights? I'm curious how that works. I'm fully aware that Caulifla is nowhere near on Gokus level, but the fact that he's fighting and trying to recover at the same time is odd without there being a break. We will see what happens though.

Also, why are people complaining about the arc going into November? Especially when the same people were complaining about the Trunks arc being rushed. Get over yourselves.
How i predict the tournament will end:

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:58 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Yeah, don't read into anything with these. For example they made a massive point about Goku and Caulifla and SSGSS but in reality of the episode it was nothing but passing dialogue. Or how they talking about Goku's heart throbbing as he turns SSG, in reality of the episode he was just excited.

People also thought Vegeta was going to get KOed because of that whole ending thing. Just wait, we're probably gonna be in for a whole new wave of that this weekend once the new ending comes out. Oy. :crazy:

But that's why I said Jiren might be forced to retreat or he backs off if he isn't eliminated. They made a big deal about him moving into action for three episodes, but then he seemingly (key word here) drops out of focus.I figure we'll get some idea what happens one way or the other with the WSJ 112 next week. And if not, 111 is only a couple days after. :P
Yeah I think he might just be off doing something else. Maybe he knocked out Hit and Goku and decided to find other fighters after that, so they change the focus. Surely Jiren might encounter Frieza at some point.
How i predict the tournament will end: