"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Official Announcement Thread & Discussion

Post by FortuneSSJ » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:25 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote: Could be of a TV deal from Toei. Maybe Toei does not want Super out until Kai is done airing on TV. Toei probably still think it's still 1996 that they want things to be air in order.
I also think thats how things should be done.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:34 pm

FUNI won't skip episodes. There won't even be enough new episodes made since then to warrent skipping 27 episodes. GT was already finished by the time FUNI dubbed it.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:50 pm

Re: Toei and 1996

The only analogue-style thing I really miss here (well, aside from malls; I really miss late 90's/early 00's shopping malls) that they still do in Japan is announcing stuff through print magazines. The idea of knowing brand new info is going to be in a certain magazine and on top of that being one of the people to get a copy of that magazine early is still exciting to me and why VJump, Weekly Jump, and other magazines' new info about Super is really fun each month.

But yes I do wish they really should've had the Buu Kai stuff worked out a while ago so we could just jump right into Super from the start. T_T
An official stream feels so semi-impossible right now.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:20 pm

Has this been posted yet?

Sodhi
I Live Here

Post by Sodhi » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:36 pm

Xeztin wrote:Has this been posted yet?
Already discussed from page 623.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:48 pm

Here's the translation:
alakazam^ wrote:Goku is being pushed around but he discovers a way of winning. He doesn't switch with Vegeta because he wants a one-on-one fight but, at that point, there's a change in Golden Freeza. <- this doesn't mean he transforms or whatever, just that something is happening with him, probably running out of stamina.

Episode 27 "Earth explodes!? A conclusive Kamehame Ha"

Vegeta is going to deal the last blow but Freeza destroys the Earth. Are Goku and the others doomed?
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:05 am

Thanks I wasn't sure and figured if it was it was wayyy back in pages.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:25 am

Newtype comes out on the 9th; scenario writers for the rest of the month get announced soon! *Is excited.*
I'm hoping for King Ryû to make a return.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:43 am

Chuquita wrote:Newtype comes out on the 9th; scenario writers for the rest of the month get announced soon! *Is excited.*
I'm hoping for King Ryû to make a return.
I wasn't a fan of his later BoG episodes but after the mess of the last few episodes more than happy to have him back.

FutureGohanSSJ2
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by FutureGohanSSJ2 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:50 pm

Js, I think it's hilarious the art on the DVD covers are better than the episodes themselves.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:54 pm

FutureGohanSSJ2 wrote:Js, I think it's hilarious the art on the DVD covers are better than the episodes themselves.
Why people like to ignore that Super is full of beautiful shots?! Last episode itself, was full of them.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

FutureGohanSSJ2
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by FutureGohanSSJ2 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:21 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:
FutureGohanSSJ2 wrote:Js, I think it's hilarious the art on the DVD covers are better than the episodes themselves.
Why people like to ignore that Super is full of beautiful shots?! Last episode itself, was full of them.
Lmao. I didn't say Super didn't have good shots. I also never said the animation was bad at all.

I was just saying that the box art seems to have better-looking character models than the show. Which, again, I see as oddly hilarious. Considering with cartoons and other shows in America, the art on cover box art is either on-par with, or lesser quality than the show itself.

irreality
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by irreality » Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:10 pm

See, that makes less sense to me: you have much more time to make box art and it has way more impact than any individual shot in an anime. And it is a still shot that everyone is going to see. So it should look nicer!

FutureGohanSSJ2
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by FutureGohanSSJ2 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:21 pm

irreality wrote:See, that makes less sense to me: you have much more time to make box art and it has way more impact than any individual shot in an anime. And it is a still shot that everyone is going to see. So it should look nicer!
That makes sense. But I just found it weird because it (normally) isn't ike that with cartoons or other media. The shot on the box is usually the same-level of quality as the show, if not even less-than. I guess cuz most DVD releases here, especially with kids cartoons, are normally rush jobs. In this day and age, most kids cartoon DVDs don't even have special features anymore like they used to; even the menus are usually just some shitty stock image.

That's the main reason why I said I was fairly impressed that the new art they generated for this looked extremely well.

Araki
Advanced Regular

Post by Araki » Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:20 pm

FutureGohanSSJ2 wrote:That's the main reason why I said I was fairly impressed that the new art they generated for this looked extremely well.
That's common for anime, at least the Japanese releases. Have you ever seen One Piece or Naruto dvd covers? They're usually really well done, and often look much better than the average episode of their series.

Toei's Saint Seiya Omega also had some beautiful covers done by character designer Umakoshi, like this one:

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:40 pm

So... Next episode will end with Goku being "severely" injured by Sorbet's ring and next will be arc finale with Vegeta step into the battle just to have his kill stolen by Goku?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

DainIronfoot
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DainIronfoot » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:21 pm

Noah wrote:So... Next episode will end with Goku being "severely" injured by Sorbet's ring and next will be arc finale with Vegeta step into the battle just to have his kill stolen by Goku?
Pretty much, unless there is some magical change which is unlikely at this point. It's for the best though, lets get this over with and head into Champa sama saga.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:32 pm

They just released the staff for the next four Precure episodes; staff announcements for Super's next four episodes can't be too far away.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:18 pm

Noah wrote:So... Next will be arc finale with Vegeta step into the battle just to have his kill stolen by Goku?
I noticed a lot of Vegeta fans are mad about this and understandably so but you're not looking at the full picture, you're just looking at the negative part so why not look at the positive part and the alternative as well ?

The positive part : he defeated Freeza and finally got to do what he always wanted to do, stand over a defeated Freeza.

Yeah he got the planet blown up on him but it was reversed so it didn't happen.

The alternative : getting the long fight instead of Goku but getting the same ending. Is that what you wanted to see happen to Vegeta ? put up a good show that ends with him getting shot by Sorbet then getting his a$$ kicked again only for Goku to save him and finish the fight ? Sure Vegeta might've gotten the kill if things were reversed but would it be worth it if he had to lose like that to get it ? at that point Freeza couldn't even stand up so it didn't matter who got to kill him.
Last edited by sintzu on Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:28 pm

If you think getting killed qualifies as "defeating" someone, then yeah, Vegeta certainly defeated Freeza.