"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by namekiansaiyan » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:20 pm

supersaiyan1993 wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Start of the climax, not specifically the climax... don't give up hope! I think either we will have something re: Angels after the ToP or the mortal stronger than a GoD will show up near the end. Jiren and Goku being the complete end game of the arc is too obvious.
The tournament could just continue with either 1 or both of Jiren and Goku out after their fight. This way no one will have any idea what is going to happen.

The comment stated this is a turning point on the way to the climax.

There are still 4 fighters who we have not seen which are the bugs and the Namekians so they could be the real threat overall.
i mostly agree, goku and jiren will most likely be the strongest fighters in the tournament, but it doesnt mean that they last towards the end. i think goku and jiren will knock each other out the ring whilst a lot of fighters remain like gohan, toppo and hit. i would prefer that and perhaps gohan will get a new transformation which will be finale of the tournament
As long as the final fights are good but I still think there is a surprise fighter who is going to shake things up big in a big way.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:13 pm

(In Doc Morgan's narration voice)The Dragon Ball Super brand has now extended to...underwear?
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
I think it has literally hit everything now.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:19 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:(In Doc Morgan's narration voice)The Dragon Ball Super brand has now extended to...underwear?
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
I swear that first one is saying "Dragon Balls: Sup!" There's a sex joke in there somewhere...
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:59 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Noah wrote:So apparently the ToP climax will be Goku vs. Jiren, right? Because I hoped for something less predictable (this fight is being hyped since new opening debut), like one of the shadowed figures in U2 to be the real threat in this tournament maybe.
Start of the climax, not specifically the climax... don't give up hope! I think either we will have something re: Angels after the ToP or the mortal stronger than a GoD will show up near the end. Jiren and Goku being the complete end game of the arc is too obvious.
Well, I would like to see a rebellion, but I think is very unlikely, but I hope for something different than the obvious route.
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:(In Doc Morgan's narration voice)The Dragon Ball Super brand has now extended to...underwear?
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
I would buy the black one! But is Vegeta's face on the behind? :lol:
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:09 pm

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
No Trunks trunks? :x
:P
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:07 am

Its kinda funny how the japanese fans were most interested in Roshi than Gohan/Piccolo and 18/Krillin based on the ratings, I believe that Piccolo is dragging down Gohan in all aspects, because his character got buried and rarely people care for him these days.

Whatever
Regular

Post by Whatever » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:24 am

perucho1990 wrote:Its kinda funny how the japanese fans were most interested in Roshi than Gohan/Piccolo and 18/Krillin based on the ratings, I believe that Piccolo is dragging down Gohan in all aspects, because his character got buried and rarely people care for him these days.
So you are saying 2 characters that are more popular than Roshi got low ratings because the less popular of the 2(who is still more popular than Roshi)is scaring viewers away by some logic?
Or that the kids that are watching dbs see Piccolo and Gohan in the episode and for some reason do not watch because Piccolo is there?

Its very interesting how you came to that kind of conclusion instead of opting for the logical reasoning,which is that ratings never stay high even if its Goku focused.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:47 am

Whatever wrote:
perucho1990 wrote:Its kinda funny how the japanese fans were most interested in Roshi than Gohan/Piccolo and 18/Krillin based on the ratings, I believe that Piccolo is dragging down Gohan in all aspects, because his character got buried and rarely people care for him these days.
So you are saying 2 characters that are more popular than Roshi got low ratings because the less popular of the 2(who is still more popular than Roshi)is scaring viewers away by some logic?
Or that the kids that are watching dbs see Piccolo and Gohan in the episode and for some reason do not watch because Piccolo is there?

Its very interesting how you came to that kind of conclusion instead of opting for the logical reasoning,which is that ratings never stay high even if its Goku focused.
For reference:

Best Characters
1.Son Goku: 6,235 points
2.Vegeta: 2,527 points
3.Son Gohan: 2,131 points
4.Trunks: 1,487 points
5.Piccolo: 1,176 points
6.Son Goten: 798 points
7.Kuririn: 736 points
8.Majin Buu: 421 points
9.Freeza: 324 points
10.Android No.18: 204 points
11.Mister Satan: 201 points
12.Karin-sama: 185
13.Kame-sennin: 172 points
14.Cell: 170 points
15.Yamcha: 163 points
16.Tenshinhan: 125
17.Bulma: 112 points
18.Android No.17: 98 points
19.Yajirobe: 93 points
20.Videl: 86 points

Regularly, Gohan is number three, while Piccolo stays in the top give. Roshi is not even in the top ten. So on average, a Piccolo and Gohan episode would score higher than Roshi if this was all on 'popularity'. If Piccolo somehow dragged Gohan down, it still wouldn't make up the popularity different between Gohan and Roshi.

But I am not surprised since this poster regularly talks out of their butts and put their subjective opinion as fact. Especially when one of the best rated Super episode was about Krillin.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

RedHeat
Regular

Post by RedHeat » Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:09 am

HeroR wrote:
Whatever wrote:

For reference:

Best Characters

Regularly, Gohan is number three, while Piccolo stays in the top give. Roshi is not even in the top ten. So on average, a Piccolo and Gohan episode would score higher than Roshi if this was all on 'popularity'. If Piccolo somehow dragged Gohan down, it still wouldn't make up the popularity different between Gohan and Roshi.

But I am not surprised since this poster regularly talks out of their butts and put their subjective opinion as fact. Especially when one of the best rated Super episode was about Krillin.
Is that poll answered by adults or kids? The later probably enjoy Roshi more for the comedic elements.
Feels over Reals.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:09 am

RedHeat wrote: Is that poll answered by adults or kids? The later probably enjoy Roshi more for the comedic elements.
Don't know. It was taken in 2004 and that's all I know.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:04 am

Alruneia wrote:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Yeah kind of a missed opportunity there haha!

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:05 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Alruneia wrote:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Yeah kind of a missed opportunity there haha!
No Trunks Breifs? :D

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:40 am

The front of the hypothetical Trunks Briefs should say "Sword Of Hope" :lol:
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:45 am

GodKaio-Ken wrote:The front of the hypothetical Trunks Briefs should say "Sword Of Hope" :lol:
Wanna bet Trunks tries that line with Mai?

Kanassa wrote:

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:49 am

GodKaio-Ken wrote:The front of the hypothetical Trunks Briefs should say "Sword Of Hope" :lol:
That's an entire cosplay on its own.. :lol:
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:18 am

Whatever wrote: So you are saying 2 characters that are more popular than Roshi got low ratings because the less popular of the 2(who is still more popular than Roshi)is scaring viewers away by some logic?

Mostly because they dont care about Gohan and Piccolo teaming up or fighting together, and Goku was barely present in that episode and in the Roshi episode.

Its the 2nd time already that Piccolo/Gohan did bad ratings(first their sparring episode and later episode 103), so dont be surprised if episode 106 also doesnt do good. Gohan is better fighting by himself.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:38 am

perucho1990 wrote: Mostly because they dont care about Gohan and Piccolo teaming up or fighting together, and Goku was barely present in that episode and in the Roshi episode.

Its the 2nd time already that Piccolo/Gohan did bad ratings(first their sparring episode and later episode 103), so dont be surprised if episode 106 also doesnt do good. Gohan is better fighting by himself.
They didn't really team up though. Gohan fought by himself, both times. In a way, Piccolo was barely in it.

I admit I don't keep up with the ratings, I didn't know that the episodes that included them were that badly received. Like, substantially ? Seems an odd reason, given that their bond has always been fairly well liked by the fandom at large.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:39 am

perucho1990 wrote:
Whatever wrote: So you are saying 2 characters that are more popular than Roshi got low ratings because the less popular of the 2(who is still more popular than Roshi)is scaring viewers away by some logic?

Mostly because they dont care about Gohan and Piccolo teaming up or fighting together, and Goku was barely present in that episode and in the Roshi episode.

Dude stop acting like your opinions are facts when in honesty you don't know what your talking about

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:43 am

HeroR wrote: For reference:

Best Characters
This poll is interesting; people always say that Goten isn't popular but he's #6 which surprises me. Plus I'm guessing they count Present/Future Trunks as one which explains him at #4

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:48 am

I have the book that poll's from; yes they count Future and Kid Trunks as the same character in that poll.

Unrelated! That history special that'll have samurai (or warlord?) Vegeta in it airs the first half at 6:45 pm on September 9th and the second half at 3:10 pm on September 10th, Japan time.

Source: http://www.fujitv.co.jp/27h/#

If I have my time zones right, that's 5:45 am on the 9th and 2:10 am on the 10th EST. A bit unwieldy of a start time for me, at least that first one, but if you're in Europe it should be easier.
Last edited by Chuquita on Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!