"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Ki Breaker » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:27 am

Freeza9000 wrote:
Nero<>Akira wrote:Goku. Should. Not. Win.
Goku. Should. Not. Lose
Right, UI is a broken technique, it needs patching or nerfing asap..
In fact UI getting beat someway would be bullshit
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Nero<>Akira
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Nero<>Akira » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:27 am

HeroR wrote:
Nero<>Akira wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Why?
lol What do you mean why? Jiren is too damn strong even with UI. Goku still hasn't even recovered his strength nor do i see him recovering it. Even if he masters the technique, he shouldn't win. It's far more appropriate. U7 should lose or win in a way that Jiren isn't defeated in the traditional sense.
So....like every other Dragon Ball villain? Remember, he was exhausted and could barely stand after using the Spirit Bomb against Freeza on Namek and we know how that ended. And we don't even know how Jiren stacks with a fully mastered UI.

And Super already used the 'lose, but still win' angle with Beerus and Hit.
Yes, because the one of the most consistent themes in the show is still progressing despite your losses. It happened in BOG, it happened in F with Freeza killing everyone and needing time to be rewinded, it happened in U6 (Goku would have lost if that fight continued despite Hit "limiting" himself", it happened in the FT arc especially with Trunks which was very poignant, and it should happen now. Jiren is too strong. I can't even fault Jiren though. The writers made him too strong, but it seriously isn't a problem if U7 just loses. There's nothing wrong with winning. Obviously, they've been winning a lot. And I'm sure a mastered UI Goku is way more deadly than a pre-mastered one that we have seen already. But, Goku doesn't even have the power to go beyond Kaioken x1. He's so weak that he consistently is only using a a base Kaioken in his SSB state right now. Is mastered UI that much stronger than a normal one to the point that Goku can beat Jiren without having full strength? That's a big fucking gap and one that i just don't think is plausible.
Zamasu is the best DB villain besides Freeza (and this is only the case because the current Super arc elevated Freeza to be that good).

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:34 am

Kenneth La Torre wrote:But it won’t end like that. This is dragon ball after all.
The same DB that keeps going against most of our guessess. If the show is coming back or a new one is starting then the logical thing will to be for it to pick up where this one leaves off so why wouldn't they end on some cliffhanger to keep fans interested ?
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:45 am

Oh my god!Can goku recover his stamina?
Totamo wrote:
Grimlock wrote:Goku vs Jiren was obviously expected. But I'm gonna be hopeful and expect that they won't finish their battle in time, the time will run out and when it would seem a draw, Freeza will appear out of nowhere at the right time, thus ensuring Universe 7 victory.
That will anger many but then again I can't think of one ending that will ensure a universal loved ending.
I have prepared myself for a bad ending along with a underwhelming end for freeza's subplot.
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:46 am

I bet they're going to pull a combo Fat Buu/Piccolo on Frieza. He'll stumble in at the last second to provide some aide to Goku that'll be critical to Universe 7's victory and justify Goku wishing him back to life. Then he'll fuck off somewhere with the promise that it isn't over between them. He needs Goku to defeat Jiren for him and he can't so I don't think he'll just hide out if it looks like Goku is losing and I don't think he'll try to knock Goku out like everyone is expecting because that goes against his interests of being wished back. Even if he did he's basically locked himself out of any hope of MVP status so he wouldn't get the Dragon Balls.

Speaking of, I fully expect Goku to take on Vegeta's wish after he gets eliminated and wish everyone back with the Dragon Balls. There's no way they're gonna end the series with Goku being responsible for at least 3 universes being erased. Especially not with him being an ambassador at the Olympics in two years! :lol: That and I don't think even Goku is dick enough not to give Vegeta that much after he gets his ass beat protecting Goku.

That is if they even need to wish everyone back. I'm still expecting some kind of reveal about all the stars and suspiciously Universe-looking stuff Toppo revealed in 125.
Last edited by BlueBasilisk on Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

prince212
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by prince212 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:46 am

All this spoilers were predictable , sadly i.m.o , if Goku master u.i and beat Jiren , that leads super to a more predictable non coming back series , happy ending and never ever more Zeno, beerus and angels stuff
But who knows ..
It was as if a whole lot of people ...were screaming in pain....

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:49 am

Nero<>Akira wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Nero<>Akira wrote: lol What do you mean why? Jiren is too damn strong even with UI. Goku still hasn't even recovered his strength nor do i see him recovering it. Even if he masters the technique, he shouldn't win. It's far more appropriate. U7 should lose or win in a way that Jiren isn't defeated in the traditional sense.
So....like every other Dragon Ball villain? Remember, he was exhausted and could barely stand after using the Spirit Bomb against Freeza on Namek and we know how that ended. And we don't even know how Jiren stacks with a fully mastered UI.

And Super already used the 'lose, but still win' angle with Beerus and Hit.
Yes, because the one of the most consistent themes in the show is still progressing despite your losses. It happened in BOG, it happened in F with Freeza killing everyone and needing time to be rewinded, it happened in U6 (Goku would have lost if that fight continued despite Hit "limiting" himself", it happened in the FT arc especially with Trunks which was very poignant, and it should happen now. Jiren is too strong. I can't even fault Jiren though. The writers made him too strong, but it seriously isn't a problem if U7 just loses. There's nothing wrong with winning. Obviously, they've been winning a lot. And I'm sure a mastered UI Goku is way more deadly than a pre-mastered one that we have seen already. But, Goku doesn't even have the power to go beyond Kaioken x1. He's so weak that he consistently is only using a a base Kaioken in his SSB state right now. Is mastered UI that much stronger than a normal one to the point that Goku can beat Jiren without having full strength? That's a big fucking gap and one that i just don't think is plausible.
A Mastered UI will be goku at full strength, because that’s how he is going to be written, and also because everytime UI kicks in, its because goku was completely out of energy.

Anyway, I agree that he shouldn’t beat jiren alone. Maybe that’s why they are saving freeza.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:50 am

Why are people complaining about Vegeta losing? He had an amazing showing. Some people are never satisfied.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:56 am

Nero<>Akira wrote:
You can make the same argument about Freeza since he was the strongest being in the universe that even the gods feared and Goku's Kaioken x20 wasn't even a match for half of Freeza's power, yet he went Super Saiyan and kicked his ass.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

MajinVegetaPD
Beyond Newbie

Post by MajinVegetaPD » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:58 am

Dbzfan94 wrote:Why are people complaining about Vegeta losing? He had an amazing showing. Some people are never satisfied.
I think people that are mad are tired of Vegeta getting the Kid Buu treatment. (I gully expect him to get a serious ass whooping while Goku "recovers" stamina."

A "cool Vegeta episode" should be more then him getting in a few one liners while he gets handled in humiliating fashion.

Yeah, Vegeta had his moment against Toppo, but I think people would like to see for once Vegeta standing tall in the end, and not just some fodder like he always is.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:00 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:Why are people complaining about Vegeta losing? He had an amazing showing. Some people are never satisfied.
Who's complaining? I'm seeing more complaining about people complaining than actual complaining.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:03 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Who's complaining? I'm seeing more complaining about people complaining than actual complaining.
people on Herms post on twitter.
MajinVegetaPD wrote:(I gully expect him to get a serious ass whooping while Goku "recovers" stamina."
Oh that bothers me too dont get me wrong. It's happened like 5 times total now. Was stupid the first time and each time it was even more stupid.
Last edited by Dbzfan94 on Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yedis
Beyond Newbie

Post by Yedis » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:09 pm

Can't end on a cliffhanger if there's no concrete plans on what is going to happen after the series ends.
Last edited by Yedis on Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:10 pm

Yedis wrote:Can't end on a cliffhanger if there's no concrete plans to continue the series.
My thoughts exactly.

TheOtherDude
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheOtherDude » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:30 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:I bet they're going to pull a combo Fat Buu/Piccolo on Frieza. He'll stumble in at the last second to provide some aide to Goku that'll be critical to Universe 7's victory and justify Goku wishing him back to life. Then he'll fuck off somewhere with the promise that it isn't over between them. He needs Goku to defeat Jiren for him and he can't so I don't think he'll just hide out if it looks like Goku is losing and I don't think he'll try to knock Goku out like everyone is expecting because that goes against his interests of being wished back. Even if he did he's basically locked himself out of any hope of MVP status so he wouldn't get the Dragon Balls.

Speaking of, I fully expect Goku to take on Vegeta's wish after he gets eliminated and wish everyone back with the Dragon Balls. There's no way they're gonna end the series with Goku being responsible for at least 3 universes being erased. Especially not with him being an ambassador at the Olympics in two years! :lol: That and I don't think even Goku is dick enough not to give Vegeta that much after he gets his ass beat protecting Goku.

That is if they even need to wish everyone back. I'm still expecting some kind of reveal about all the stars and suspiciously Universe-looking stuff Toppo revealed in 125.
At the rate they’re going, Everyone is going to forget that Frieza is even on the stage. Which means Frieza could become a multi universal threat.

TheOtherDude
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheOtherDude » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:34 pm

MajinVegetaPD wrote:
I think people that are mad are tired of Vegeta getting the Kid Buu treatment. (I gully expect him to get a serious ass whooping while Goku "recovers" stamina."

A "cool Vegeta episode" should be more then him getting in a few one liners while he gets handled in humiliating fashion.

Yeah, Vegeta had his moment against Toppo, but I think people would like to see for once Vegeta standing tall in the end, and not just some fodder like he always is.
A cool Vegeta episode could be him showing glimpses of Ultra Instinct but ultimately losing. It’s crunch time and Jiren would be tired of messing around. That seems to be the best way to have Vegeta get a good showing when we know all of his energy is depleted. (not sure where the power would come from since there’s no energy source like the Spirit Bomb for him to break that wall).

GamerSkull
Regular

Post by GamerSkull » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:50 pm

So it looks like Vegeta will have another cool moment against Jiren is some capacity.

But for the love of Beerus, I hope he doesn’t spout the same speech again he did in the last episode or something close to it. He’s done it a bunch already.
"Roga Fu-Fu Ken!"

MajinVegetaPD
Beyond Newbie

Post by MajinVegetaPD » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:55 pm

GamerSkull wrote:So it looks like Vegeta will have another cool moment against Jiren is some capacity.

But for the love of Beerus, I hope he doesn’t spout the same speech again he did in the last episode or something close to it. He’s done it a bunch already.
I think thats what Vegeta fans are weary of.

"I'm a proud Saiyan blah blah blah" while he gets beat to within an inch of his life lol.

I was hoping the series would be ending with him standing in the end as Gokus equal. Wishful thinking I know.

SuperCyan2
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SuperCyan2 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:02 pm

I'm glad that Super has been cancelled/ending soon but even as badly rushed as it was, I'll give the final episode a watch.
Account no longer in use since 03/31/2018.

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:04 pm

This synopsis of EP 128 that Herms translated is from WSJ, Animedia or newtype?