"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:31 am

Shinda Forever wrote: Why don't you post the latest poll?

http://bfc.bpnavi.jp/z-tenkaichi6/

1-Goku ssj3-2,612
2-Goku ssj2-2,342
3-A-18-1,620
4-Shenron-1,476
5-Vegeta ssj blue-1,790
6-Gotenks-1,233
7-Mecha Fieza-1,186
8-Vegeta ssj1-1,170
9-Tenshinhan-1,127
10-Goku ssj blue-1,082
That was a poll for people to decide what figures they wanted for Banpresto's Scultures6 line it's not really a popularity poll.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:36 am

Shinda Forever wrote: Piccolo is not going to power up with enemies.
If plot made it possible for universe 6 saiyans who didn't even knew transformationa existed to get SS, SS2 , berserker and controlled berserker all because of a saiyan from another universe teaching them regular SS..
The same plot can have piccolo learn a type of powerup universe 6 discovered with 7 couldn't..
They don't even need to teach him, again plot can have piccolo copy it later on his own..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Mercenary
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mercenary » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:37 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:

1-Goku ssj3-2,612
2-Goku ssj2-2,342
3-A-18-1,620
4-Shenron-1,476
5-Vegeta ssj blue-1,790
6-Gotenks-1,233
7-Mecha Fieza-1,186
8-Vegeta ssj1-1,170
9-Tenshinhan-1,127
10-Goku ssj blue-1,082
That was a poll for people to decide what figures they wanted for Banpresto's Scultures6 line it's not really a popularity poll.
Exactly. Shinda's hate boner for Vegeta is just too big.

MainJPW
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MainJPW » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:38 am

Shinda Forever wrote:
omaro34 wrote:THANK YOU WE FINALLY GET TO SEE SOME NAMEKIANS GOOD LORD I THOUGHT THIS WOULD NEVER HAPPEN IN THIS SHOW

This will have something to do with Piccolo no doubt. Excited to see how this plays out.
And with Tenshinhan since he was the only one who sensed them.
He sensed the hidden U4 members.

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:40 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:

1-Goku ssj3-2,612
2-Goku ssj2-2,342
3-A-18-1,620
4-Shenron-1,476
5-Vegeta ssj blue-1,790
6-Gotenks-1,233
7-Mecha Fieza-1,186
8-Vegeta ssj1-1,170
9-Tenshinhan-1,127
10-Goku ssj blue-1,082
Of course, it is a popularity poll. They had to chose between all the their favorite characters and favourite forms. They chose who they liked more, obviously. I know you don't like the results, but, it is what it is.

Mercenary wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:

1-Goku ssj3-2,612
2-Goku ssj2-2,342
3-A-18-1,620
4-Shenron-1,476
5-Vegeta ssj blue-1,790
6-Gotenks-1,233
7-Mecha Fieza-1,186
8-Vegeta ssj1-1,170
9-Tenshinhan-1,127
10-Goku ssj blue-1,082
Exactly. Shinda's hate boner for Vegeta is just too big.
You are the one who has a boner for Vegeta, i'm objective about the characters, that's all and Vegeta did well in the poll.
Obviously, the poll was to choose your favorite characters and forms to be perpetuated into scultures, sorry if you don't like the results.
Last edited by Shinda Forever on Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

Yomi
Regular

Post by Yomi » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:41 am

Shinda Forever wrote: http://bfc.bpnavi.jp/z-tenkaichi6/
Oh nose.
:clap:

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:45 am

Shinda Forever wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:

1-Goku ssj3-2,612
2-Goku ssj2-2,342
3-A-18-1,620
4-Shenron-1,476
5-Vegeta ssj blue-1,790
6-Gotenks-1,233
7-Mecha Fieza-1,186
8-Vegeta ssj1-1,170
9-Tenshinhan-1,127
10-Goku ssj blue-1,082
Of course, it is a popularity poll. They had to chose between all the their favorite characters and favourite forms. They chose who they liked more, obviously. I know you don't like the results, but, it is what it is.
Well no because the results are reflective of the market, the figure market was pretty threadbare on SS2,3 Goku and 18s and so the results reflected that not to mention SSGSS figures had a bunch of recent releases so it made sense people didn't want another release of SSGSS.
Furthermore there was a limit of what characters you could vote for so you couldn't vote for any old character therefore not a popularity vote in the slightest.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:49 am

Speaking of powerups, forst needs to get one ASAP.. Can't be a good freeza counterpart if saiyans remain more powerful than you..
Expecting something like this
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:51 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Shinda Forever wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: That was a poll for people to decide what figures they wanted for Banpresto's Scultures6 line it's not really a popularity poll.
Well no because the results are reflective of the market, the figure market was pretty threadbare on SS2,3 Goku and 18s and so the results reflected that not to mention SSGSS figures had a bunch of recent releases so it made sense people didn't want another release of SSGSS.
Furthermore there was a limit of what characters you could vote for so you couldn't vote for any old character therefore not a popularity vote in the slightest.
Well, everything you said is only subjective biased speculation, it is just ridiculous, silly and misleading. First of all, it was a poll about your favourite characters and forms to be perpetuated into scultures end of the story.
You could vote for 50 characters, the most relevant, so then again, your argument is just silly.
List of the characters you could vote.

1 - Son Goku
2 - Son Goku Super Saiyan
3 - Son Goku Super Saiyan 2
4 - Son Goku Super Saiyan 3
5 - Son Goku Super Saiyan God
6 - Son Goku Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan
7 - Vegeta
8 - Vegeta Super Saiyan
9 - Vegeta Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan
10 - Son Gohan
11 - Son Gohan Super Saiyan
12 - Krilin
13- Kame Sennin
14 - Piccolo
15 - Ten-Shin-Han
16 - Chaoz
17 - Bulma
18 - C-18
19 - Chi-Chi
20 - Videl
21 - Mr. Satan
22 - Mr. Boo
23 - Son Goten
24 - Trunks
25 - Gotenks
26 - Gotenks Super Saiyan
27 - Shenron
28 - Oolong
29 - Yamcha
30 - Beerus
31 - Whis
32 - Champa
33 - Vados
34 - Freezer 1st form
35 - Freezer final form
36 - Golden Freezer
37 - Mecha Freezer
38 - Sorbet
39 - Tagoma
40 - Shisami
41 - Jaco
42 - Shu
43 - Mai
44 - Pilaf
45 - Dende
46 - Kaio Sama
47 - Kaio Shin (Kaio Shin + Kibito)
48 - Roh Kaio Shin
49 - Gyumao
50 - Dr. Brief
Last edited by Shinda Forever on Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:54 am

HeroR wrote:
TheOne wrote:
Yeah you're coming across as a prick. Whether it was his design or not, that doesn't mean he can't get inspiration from it. Who are you to say that Toriyama can't be inspired by something that wasn't his design? We just had a freaking homage to Hulk and Loki with Broly fighting Goku. Yeah it wasn't specifically Toriyama, but you're saying it's not possible for someone to say "hmmm.. that's a neat idea. I might look into that.."

You turned a simple statement about wanting Goku to have a more physical change to making it seem like I wanted a copy and paste of SSJ4. Hop off dude. You're just looking to criticize someone.
If stated fact is 'coming off as prick', fine by me. Why would he take inspiration from a design that he had nothing to do with and goes against the simply designs he has been using. It isn't me 'are you to say that Toriyama can't be inspired by something that wasn't his design'. That fact that Super Saiyan 4 hasn't been seen, mentioned, or doesn't even have a nod like Broly's Super Saiyan form tells me that Toriyama isn't looking towards it, especially since he made the U6 Saiyans have no tails.

This is a discussion form. If you don't want to discuss, then don't reply if you think I am 'just looking to criticize someone'.
Guys like you are impossible to "discuss" anything with. You do you
How i predict the tournament will end:

Rhuagh
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Rhuagh » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:59 am

Ki Breaker wrote:Speaking of powerups, forst needs to get one ASAP.. Can't be a good freeza counterpart if saiyans remain more powerful than you..
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Obviously the key is to make your tail tingly or something.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:06 am

Kind of excited to see that Namekians do in fact exist in Universe 6. It would be an excellent time for Piccolo to receive some personalised interaction with people from another universe whom he may be able to hopefully relate on some level with. Bear in mind that he was the reincarnated progeny of the feared Piccolo Daimao for some time before having a change of priorities with befriending Gohan and becoming a self-prescribed hero of his people by volunteering to fight Freeza in their place. Learning how these U6 Namekians diverged on a cultural and potentially moral level could make for some interesting verbal contention on top of the prospective fight that would ensue. Daimao was notorious for having been corrupted by the malevolence nestled in humanity's psyche. What could have made these Namekians evolve into a depraved society? It's assuming they are malevolent, though.

I don't expect for Piccolo to receive some miraculous boost in strength from Saonel or Pirina merging with him. Not only would they have no incentive to do so as they're from mutually opposing universes, neither Namekian appears to be close enough to Piccolo on the moral spectrum to merge with the likes of him. It would be like a reverse Nail situation with Piccolo, the more benevolent of the potential pair, exposing himself to the influences of this other Namekian.

The names of all the other competitors seem interesting, albeit it's still difficult recalling the name of one or two at a time when dozens of them are all participating in this tournament.

Akyon
Regular

Post by Akyon » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:33 am

hardcorefakes wrote:
Michsi wrote:
precita wrote:
Why on earth would Piccolo fuse with Nameks from U6? Like...what?
but let's face it , crazier things have happened in DB.
...Not really, tbh.

Piccolo isn't fusing with these Namekians. And if he does, it will be the craziest thing to happen in Dragon Ball.
Wait...wouldn't that count as U6 and U7 surviving if Piccolo makes it if he fused with them?

...I'm not against it.
Favourite User quote:
Vice wrote:"Look at all these characters getting some shine in the buildup for the tournament of power, maybe we'll get to see some other characters do some stuff instead of the same old shit."
1. Goku (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitor & Vegeta (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitors

"Fuck."

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:45 am

Nice to know there are Namekians in Universe 6. I really would love to see them interact with Piccolo just to see how uncomfortable Piccolo would react to the whole scenario. I hope they share some Namekian secrets with Piccolo that could lead to him getting a power-up.

Basako
Advanced Regular

Post by Basako » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:50 am

Akyon wrote:
hardcorefakes wrote:
Michsi wrote:but let's face it , crazier things have happened in DB.
...Not really, tbh.

Piccolo isn't fusing with these Namekians. And if he does, it will be the craziest thing to happen in Dragon Ball.
Wait...wouldn't that count as U6 and U7 surviving if Piccolo makes it if he fused with them?

...I'm not against it.
Ok, stop putting namekians into Piccolo, we lost Nail and Kami already and I want to see what this two can do. Why would they want to be assimilated by Piccolo? Why not the other way around? It's not really a fusion, more like an absorption. Piccolo isn't three characters now, he has Nail and Kami inside him, they are part of him, but he is still he, mostly.

And I don't think that would count like three characters surviving, it would be just one standing there. And why would they do that, temporary alliances or truces maybe, but remember only one universe can survive, Piccolo and this two are rivals.
Heno heno kappa!

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:07 am

I just hope Piccolo gets back on track to compete with the likes of Goku, Vegeta, Freezer and Gohan.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:08 am

Basako wrote:
Akyon wrote:
hardcorefakes wrote:
...Not really, tbh.

...I'm not against it.
Ok, stop putting namekians into Piccolo, we lost Nail and Kami already and I want to see what this two can do. Why would they want to be assimilated by Piccolo? Why not the other way around? It's not really a fusion, more like an absorption. Piccolo isn't three characters now, he has Nail and Kami inside him, they are part of him, but he is still he, mostly.

And I don't think that would count like three characters surviving, it would be just one standing there. And why would they do that, temporary alliances or truces maybe, but remember only one universe can survive, Piccolo and this two are rivals.
Precisely! It is ridiculous to think that Piccolo is going to absorb these two Nameks, this is not db multiverse salagir crap.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:17 am

Hoped for an Earthling and a Namekian, but I guess two Namekians isn't bad.

MR.Mark
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by MR.Mark » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:22 am

Ki Breaker wrote:Speaking of powerups, forst needs to get one ASAP.. Can't be a good freeza counterpart if saiyans remain more powerful than you..
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Personally, if Goku truly has some kind of "limit breaking" power up during TOP I wouldn't be against Freeza ruthlessly assimilating Frost to counter that with a limit breaker of his own.

It also makes me wonder, if Piccolo was dead when he assimilated Nail, would Nail's body cancel out him being dead and give him a living body again?

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:29 am

To be fair, I wouldn't completely discount the possibility of Saonel and Pirina merging with each other. The events of this tournament happen to revolve around a hard-fought struggle for survival. If they lose then their homeworld will be erased from existence. One of the two obliging to increase the power of the other substantially could help raise the odds of their universe surviving. Moreover, we could finally see a Namekian fusion occur with characters not involving Piccolo. If they know each other, which is very likely as the Namekians appear to be a closer-knit species than Saiyans and humans, then it makes the potential fusion all the more plausible and emotionally understandable.