"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by ArchedThunder » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:28 am

Ki Breaker wrote:Hey, silver hair, my avatar Won't go to waste now :thumbup:
I could end up being totally wrong, but I bet the silver that will be used will be darker than your avatar.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:29 am

Seems like we were right, and Goku indeed has silver hair in his mastered UI form. Props to Baggie_Saiyan for making the call.
I had speculated for months that UI Omen was a Toei design, so it seems like I was probably right. I could see MUI giving Goku a different body because UI didn't feel like it was an adaption of Toriyama's design.
Last edited by emperior on Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:30 am

ArchedThunder wrote:
I could end up being totally wrong, but I bet the silver that will be used will be darker than your avatar.
That'll then be more grey than silver if so..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Professor Freeza
Temporarily Banned

Post by Professor Freeza » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:31 am

emperior wrote:Seems like we were right, and Goku indeed has silver hair in his mastered UI form. Props to Baggie_Saiyan for making the call.
I had speculated for months that UI Omen was a Toei design, so it seems like I was probably right. I could see MUI giving Goku a slimmer body because UI didn't feel like it was an adaption of Toriyama's design, but that would make no sense if the only change is in the color of the hair.
Chuquita wrote:Still bummed black haired UI isn't the final. Hoping silver hair doesn't look terrible or grey. What a mess.
Low Tone G wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:From V-Jump, Completed UI was designed by Toriyama and has silver hair, his artwork is in the V-Jump issue.
https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/964754063328882688
To be honest, I'm not really happy with silver hair... I'm holding my breath 'till its actual appearance, but not really a fan of it. It would rather take the multi-color aura just like it was teased back when...
I believe the Silver hair means something much grander

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=41281

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:33 am

Bah. Bah! Everything in Herms' tweet made me mad. Black-haired UI was cool and didn't need changing. Broly and Bardock are predictable. Super Saiyan Bardock is tripe.
Last edited by Kataphrut on Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:35 am

I'm also upset because I usually don't post this much.
I'm gonna miss black haired UI a lot.
Hey if it's actually that white called grey in name only I'm fine with it. I don't care about the blanco memes, I just don't want it to be an unflattering type of grey.
Last edited by Chuquita on Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:36 am

Ki Breaker wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:
That'll then be more grey than silver if so..
I imagine it will look very similar to this, minus the black.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Maybe replace the black with the grey, the grey with the silver and the silver with a white.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:49 am

Hey if it's actually that white called grey in name only I'm fine with it. I don't care about the blanco memes, I just don't want it to be an unflattering type of grey.
Yeah, if it indeed ends up looking like an old man grey haired Goku that would be pretty odd, would have preferred base hair more..
I still don't get the point of making UI a technique if it was gonna change Goku's hair again anyway, unless it done so uub can learn the same..
Chuquita wrote:I'm also upset because I usually don't post this much.
Well that has an easy fix :P
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:52 am

emperior wrote:Seems like we were right, and Goku indeed has silver hair in his mastered UI form. Props to Baggie_Saiyan for making the call.
I had speculated for months that UI Omen was a Toei design, so it seems like I was probably right. I could see MUI giving Goku a different body because UI didn't feel like it was an adaption of Toriyama's design.
No, Toriyama designed it.
Ki Breaker wrote:
Yeah, if it indeed ends up looking like an old man grey haired Goku that would be pretty odd, would have preferred base hair more..
I still don't get the point of making UI a technique if it was gonna change Goku's hair again anyway, unless it done so uub can learn the same..
Chuquita wrote:I'm also upset because I usually don't post this much.
Well that has an easy fix :P

It's both a technique and a form for Goku.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:56 am

HeroR wrote:
Yeah, Toriyama(EDIT:Probably) has a design for UI Omen, but the designs that have been released currently are by the character designer of Super, Tadayoshi Yamamuro.
Last edited by JazzMazz on Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:59 am

When was it ever confirmed that Omen was designed by Toriyama?

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:02 am

JazzMazz wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Yeah, Toriyama has a design for UI Omen, but the designs that have been released currently are by the character designer of Super, Tadayoshi Yamamuro.
Oh, I know. What I meant was that Yamamuro usually traces Toriyama's original sketches. But overall, UI Omen wasn't something created by Toei as emperior was suggesting.
Kanassa wrote:
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Kaiosama
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kaiosama » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:05 am

And with this announcement, Vegeta is back to being about two transformations behind Goku in power. I wonder if Beyond Super Saiyan Blue was a Toei designed form much like UI Omen. Either way, Goku is entering Angel-Tier and will be untouchable. Nice way for the series to go out with a bang.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:06 am

HeroR wrote:
JazzMazz wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Yeah, Toriyama has a design for UI Omen, but the designs that have been released currently are by the character designer of Super, Tadayoshi Yamamuro.
Oh, I know. What I meant was that Yamamuro usually traces Toriyama's original sketches. But overall, UI Omen wasn't something created by Toei as emperior was suggesting.
Its a little bit more than just tracing Toriyama's designs(The designs have to be adapted to become more animation friendly), but I do agree with you that I doubt UI is just a Toei phenomenon.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:13 am

Kaiosama wrote:And with this announcement, Vegeta is back to being about two transformations behind Goku in power. I wonder if Beyond Super Saiyan Blue was a Toei designed form much like UI Omen. Either way, Goku is entering Angel-Tier and will be untouchable. Nice way for the series to go out with a bang.
UI Omen isn't a Toei design. It was design by Toriyama. Vegeta new form was probably created by Toei since it came out of nowhere like Super Saiyan Rage. With UI Omen, we got promotions about it back in June.
Kanassa wrote:

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:19 am

HeroR wrote:
Kaiosama wrote:And with this announcement, Vegeta is back to being about two transformations behind Goku in power. I wonder if Beyond Super Saiyan Blue was a Toei designed form much like UI Omen. Either way, Goku is entering Angel-Tier and will be untouchable. Nice way for the series to go out with a bang.
UI Omen isn't a Toei design. It was design by Toriyama. Vegeta new form was probably created by Toei since it came out of nowhere like Super Saiyan Rage. With UI Omen, we got promotions about it back in June.
Where was it said that Omen was designed by Toriyama?

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:23 am

ArchedThunder wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Yamamuro's sketch for UI Goku looks like what he did for Trunks, Black, and Zamasu for the Future Trunks Saga. Especially since we got a turn table, compared to Vegeta's new Super Saiyan form which we only got one picture for. The same with Jiren.

That and Toei's exclusive stuff are not promoted months ahead of time: Blue Kaioken, Super Saiyan Rage, Vegeta's new form.
Kanassa wrote:

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:24 am

HeroR wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Yamamuro's sketch for UI Goku looks like what he did for Trunks, Black, and Zamasu for the Future Trunks Saga. Especially since we got a turn table, compared to Vegeta's new Super Saiyan form which we only got one picture for. The same with Jiren.
Yamamuro's UI character design looks 100% Yamamuro.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:33 am

ArchedThunder wrote:
HeroR wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote: Where was it said that Omen was designed by Toriyama?
Yamamuro's UI character design looks 100% Yamamuro.
Didn't people claimed the same thing about Rose Black before they released Toriyama's sketch for him? And even then, Toei's exclusive stuff never gets months ahead of promotion to the point that Dokkan had the card ready as soon as the special ended. Like we have no Dokkan card for Vegeta's new form.
Kanassa wrote:

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:00 am

Professor Freeza wrote:Image

WHY isnt this picture getting more love?

SO DAMN BADASS
You mean Goku is going to momentarily pulverise his opponent in what initially looks like a one-sided butchering? Wonderful! I'll admit from a visual standpoint it's very impressive, but the context and personalities are just as hollow as a good number of fights in this tournament have been. It doesn't help that Goku is hardly a preferred character of mine, personally. It's great for the people who enjoy watching him use Ultra Instinct. Congratulations to them.