"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu May 04, 2017 8:16 pm

Lmao first the tinkering of FujiTVs website for episode preveiw images now tinkering of source code for the main DBS website? Haha. As much as the fan base can be frustrating at times you gotta love it!

Totamo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Totamo » Thu May 04, 2017 8:21 pm

perucho1990 wrote:
Totamo wrote: You mean the guy who just traces over Toriyama's art, wrote AF and made SSj God Vegeta a thing and the people who are probably the reason we have female broly, aim to make more merch which means more of this crap and are all about the fanservice, which I love but I'm sick of the fandom fighting about it?

Thats the whole reason resurrection f sucks so bad, Toriyama made that for fans who wanted more action. Toriyama is at his worst when he gives in to fan demands.

We need to as a fanbase accept what Dragon ball is now.
Toyble needs a filter/good bunch of editors, and those must be the Dragon Ball Room people.

Remember how Toriyama needed his editors in order to produce a coherent story? Same thing with Toyble.

Fans always wanted to have a strong female saiyan character, we are in 2017, not in the 80s when most female characters were useless. And wasnt at some point Toei goal in increasing the amount of female fans? Caulifla and Kele? could help and also create more merchadise.

BTW has anyone seen the Top 100 anime ranking? DBZ got ranked below Bleach, Yes, Bleach of all things, and with the latest news about 2 female saiyans, i feel like they want to push Cabba as the Saiyan version of Kirito.
First of all toriyama only had 3 editors throughout all of dragon ball. The best one was torishima. Who if had his way Dragon ball would have ended with Freeza, which is for the best.

I remember when Toriyama's editors made the clusterfuck of the cell saga. That shit wasn't coherent at all. I remember when Toriyama ignored his editors and made Goku grow up. That was pretty balsy.

Fans wanted a female saiyan character, NO ONE wanted a gender swapped Broly!!!!!!!!

Also anime mostly introduces female characters for 2 reasons: shipping and fanservice.
Last edited by Totamo on Thu May 04, 2017 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Thu May 04, 2017 8:23 pm

I've gone through the source code of every competing universe, and it looks like Damon (Dahmon?) is the only character currently imbedded for release

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Thu May 04, 2017 8:33 pm

shadowmaria wrote:I've gone through the source code of every competing universe, and it looks like Damon (Dahmon?) is the only character currently imbedded for release
It's not working yet, but this is the link to Damon's image: http://www.toei-anim.co.jp/tv/dragon_s/ ... _damon.png

It's still early, but we have to keep checking it until they upload it.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

TheMathemagician
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheMathemagician » Thu May 04, 2017 8:36 pm

perucho1990 wrote:
JulieYBM wrote:
You increase female fans with cool guys. Introducing girls is typically done for male creators and fans.
With that, you are pandering the Yaoi/Fujo fans, and I feel that isnt what the franchise needs imo.

Introducing strong girls is for both male and female fans(Mikasa, Ryuuko, Revy, Kyoukai, Tatsumaki, Erza, Misty/Kasumi,etc)
I sure do love Ranma Saotome, the best female character outside of Lum Invader.
"Sighs...At my age, I already have a woman who follows me around thinking she's my wife. Oh! My youth's rotting away!" - Ataru Moroboshi

Totamo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Totamo » Thu May 04, 2017 8:39 pm

so how many saiyans are too many saiyans?

lord godly da don
Beyond Newbie

Post by lord godly da don » Thu May 04, 2017 8:43 pm

This Dahmon character sounds awesome! like a insect ninja could be a extremely entertaining combatant

Really gets me hype for what the other universes have to offer

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Thu May 04, 2017 8:53 pm

This dahmon character instantly remind me of this [spoiler]ImageImage[/spoiler] I'm digging dahmon concept
Last edited by The gr on Thu May 04, 2017 9:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Mostly active on discord.

The_Destroyer
Regular

Post by The_Destroyer » Thu May 04, 2017 8:57 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:Someone on /a/ is digging around on other pages and found a fighter for Universe 4:
[spoiler]Image
Dahmon:
Can change his techniques.He can disappear and reappear in the air, then reappear on the ground. He is a suicide bomber. - You must wait for this attack and counter that technique. When he changes technique. he moults and leaves behind shedding. An empty cicada - The insect warrior.[/spoiler]
Sounds awfully familiar. :think:
Must be that insect warrior in the intro. The one by all the Uni 6 fighters.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu May 04, 2017 9:00 pm

emperior wrote:It could mean nothing but in this DBH trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLDXYK2NbO0
Goku seems to be powering up with a red aura (minute 0:12) and his new card is in his base form, while Vegeta is SSB, Cabba SSJ and also 17, 18 (in their tournament outfit) and Hit appear.
It's nothing. Goku does that charge before hitting the opponent with some punches and kicks. It's the beginning of his action ability (his technique, melee attack).
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu May 04, 2017 9:14 pm

So maybe Caulifla and not!Brolli might be two people? I hope they are.

Insect ninja could provide an interesting fight.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

The_Destroyer
Regular

Post by The_Destroyer » Thu May 04, 2017 9:23 pm

Suicide Bomber, eh? If Yamcha is really gonna get subbed in, we all know who he's gonna be fighting.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu May 04, 2017 9:25 pm

The_Destroyer wrote:Suicide Bomber, eh? If Yamcha is really gonna get subbed in, we all know who he's gonna be fighting.
I really hope Goku can't sense King Kai from the World of Void. :lol: Goku might want to watch his butt too. He doesn't have the best luck with exploding bugs.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Thu May 04, 2017 9:30 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
The_Destroyer wrote:Suicide Bomber, eh? If Yamcha is really gonna get subbed in, we all know who he's gonna be fighting.
I really hope Goku can't sense King Kai from the World of Void. :lol: Goku might want to watch his butt too. He doesn't have the best luck with exploding bugs.
No, poor kaio :( ,I'm intrigued by dahmon figthing style because it sounds so awesome he might be an obstacle for gohan senses and for Yamcha memes
Mostly active on discord.

Freeza9000
Advanced Regular

Post by Freeza9000 » Thu May 04, 2017 9:39 pm

If this new Kale is the Female Broli in the opening, then the irony of cauliflowa being similar to broccoli as in Cauliflowa bearing a resemblance to Broli is null and void now. Now that's a bummer.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu May 04, 2017 9:45 pm

Freeza9000 wrote:If this new Kale is the Female Broli in the opening, then the irony of cauliflowa being similar to broccoli as in Cauliflowa bearing a resemblance to Broli is null and void now. Now that's a bummer.
It doesn't look like broccoli, but kale is a member of the same species as broccoli and cauliflower.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Thu May 04, 2017 9:46 pm

Freeza9000 wrote:If this new Kale is the Female Broli in the opening, then the irony of cauliflowa being similar to broccoli as in Cauliflowa bearing a resemblance to Broli is null and void now. Now that's a bummer.
Herms just posted this.

Now I'm also believing there really are 2 female saiyans.

Kales profile is basically the opposite of what Renzo said about Caulifla :think:

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu May 04, 2017 10:02 pm

That makes it sound like she might be a member of Cabba's squad. Would explain the battle suit-like outfit she wears.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Thu May 04, 2017 10:03 pm

perucho1990 wrote:
Herms just posted this.

Now I'm also believing there really are 2 female saiyans.

Kales profile is basically the opposite of what Renzo said about Caulifla :think:
Yep two saiyans alright.
It make sense champa wanted more saiyans especially one that was stronger than cabba.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu May 04, 2017 10:09 pm

perucho1990 wrote:
JulieYBM wrote:
You increase female fans with cool guys. Introducing girls is typically done for male creators and fans.
With that, you are pandering the Yaoi/Fujo fans, and I feel that isnt what the franchise needs imo.

Introducing strong girls is for both male and female fans(Mikasa, Ryuuko, Revy, Kyoukai, Tatsumaki, Erza, Misty/Kasumi,etc)
So they should pander only to the sort of characters you like? Most of the girls you just listed are moe, though, and attract male fans.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf